Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the 2019-20 season

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jul 12, 4:30 AM

Imagine being a Newcastle fan right now though. lol

Jul 12, 11:46 AM

While Real Madrid are spending hundreds of millions in the transfer window, Barcelona have partnered with Roblox.
Football has peaked again.

Source: https://corp.roblox.com/2019/06/roblox-fc-barcelona-partner-commemorate-new-fc-barcelona-home-kit/

Jul 12, 1:47 PM

going to watch us play Lincoln away tomorrow be interesting if bruce is still in the dugout.....
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?

Jul 13, 3:17 AM

Guess which country we're doing our pre season tour in.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1149973755910905856

Jul 13, 9:44 AM

is it Germany?

something something something steve bruce something something something twat something something something we've won all our friendlies we're going to win the league without a manager
SWFC

Jul 14, 12:33 PM

Our only fit CB is Grant Hanley.

Jul 15, 7:16 AM

Chris Hughton favourite for the Wednesday job. Ouch.

Jul 15, 8:05 AM

know he's not your favourite but he gets teams up I can live with him. 4m for Bruce+2m for backroom staff embargo about to be lifted we posted a profit last year so we should be free to spend (reasonably) again. Steve bruce is a cunt na na na na

Obviously my first choice is always this beautiful man but it's probably unlikely

SWFC

Jul 15, 10:10 AM

Does have a decent record at this level. Will bore you to tears before long though.

Jul 15, 11:51 AM

It's fine we'll get a new manager Rhodes will score 57 goals and fire us to promotion as undefeated champions
SWFC

Jul 16, 2:41 AM

We signed Sam Byram, as if it wasn't obviously enough that our transfer strategy is based on football manager.

Jul 17, 5:44 AM

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/july/towns-201920-home-kit-is-revealed/

If this isn't a Paddy Power joke and is genuinely our new kit then someone please send me off the nearest cliff. What the actual fucking fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 17, 6:06 AM
Hug Addict <3

Tfw Maguire is seemingly gonna be sold for more than De Ligt

The state of the football transfer market these days is a sad sight

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Jul 17, 8:09 AM

Kilnerbanker said:

If this isn't a Paddy Power joke and is genuinely our new kit then someone please send me off the nearest cliff. What the actual fucking fuck.

That's clearly a publicity stunt.

Jul 17, 12:33 PM

ItsYaBoyShikari said:
Kilnerbanker said:

That's clearly a publicity stunt.

It was pretty obvious I suppose, I don't think the ridiculous dimensions of that sponsor would even be allowed. Just the thought of it was enough to nearly make me cake my underpants though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 17, 12:58 PM

Just £60 for the home shirt this year......they have given us the option of buying one without a sponsor on which is nice I guess.

See the Newcastle fans have taken the appointment well
SWFC

Jul 19, 6:04 AM

I haven't bought a Norwich shirt in over a decade but I'd probably consider it if they gave us one without a sponsor logo.

Depending on what the material feels like I'm probably going to pick up this years training top mind.

Jul 20, 2:25 PM

when you're searching for a new manger and Tony Pulis comes up

SWFC

Jul 20, 3:02 PM

not a W in the first match of ICC for my Inter Milan,we struggled without a serious striker

Jul 20, 7:40 PM

Esteban19 said:

not a W in the first match of ICC for my Inter Milan,we struggled without a serious striker

So why are you lot trying to buy Lukaku?

Jul 21, 12:19 AM

yhunata said:
Esteban19 said:

So why are you lot trying to buy Lukaku?

the answer is simple, Conte is a great estimator of Lukaku,he thinks he's the best striker for his way of playing football and we need to replace Icardi.

Jul 21, 7:56 PM

What in the fuck is wrong with this dude?

Jul 22, 3:18 AM

Back in my day that wasn't even a yellow.

Jul 22, 3:20 AM

earnshaw30 said:
when you're searching for a new manger and Tony Pulis comes up

Chris Coleman favourite. There's always 20-21.

Jul 22, 3:40 AM

Harry Redknapp and Mark "I've never been relegated"(because I get sacked before they go down) Hughes are available.....

Jul 22, 3:55 AM

yhunata said:

There was a pretty nasty elbow or two from Sevilla players before that too. They don't seem to know what friendly game means. Hopefully we won't face them in a friendly ever again.

Jul 23, 7:41 AM

yhunata said:

good old fenway park
pity that the green monster in football has no importance

Jul 26, 8:40 AM

Our transfer embargo has been lifted just gotta sort the whole no manager issue now....

Modified by earnshaw30, Jul 26, 8:44 AM
SWFC

Jul 26, 10:09 AM

We've signed 11 players and only 4 of them are for the first team squad. 2 of those 4 are loans, one is free and the other cost 750k.

Reckon we're going to do a wolves?

Jul 27, 1:53 AM
Hug Addict <3

So Atletico apparently battered Real 7-3 last night. So much for them having a supposedly shaky transfer window

Oh and Gareth Bale looks like he might be finally heading out of Real Madrid... and going to China for even more of that sweet $$$$$$$
Modified by HaXXspetten, Jul 27, 5:58 AM

Jul 28, 9:17 AM

So our striker just dropped his new single.

Jul 28, 10:47 AM

Think you should play this song every time you score a goal

I notice Ben Marshall is without a club....we've been linked with him every season since 2011 absolute banter if we sign him
Modified by earnshaw30, Jul 28, 11:08 AM
SWFC

Jul 28, 11:14 AM

HaXXspetten said:
So Atletico apparently battered Real 7-3 last night. So much for them having a supposedly shaky transfer window

Oh and Gareth Bale looks like he might be finally heading out of Real Madrid... and going to China for even more of that sweet $$$$$$$

The move fell through lol. I guess injuries and the lack of a transfer fee were too much for Real.

Atletico have spent decently well. Pretty much reinvested all of the money they received. If Felix lives up to the hype, then they could have a big future.

Jul 29, 12:28 PM

earnshaw30 said:

I notice Ben Marshall is without a club....we've been linked with him every season since 2011 absolute banter if we sign him

Weird one for us. Signed a decent Championship winger, played him at fullback a few times and then decided he was too shit to play for us agiain. Suppose it was a case of people in his position playing well so he didn't get a chance to impress.

Didn't really expect us to pay him out of his contract though I must say. Thought it would be a loan and then sale next summer if he got his form back.

Jul 30, 7:05 AM

Jul 31, 1:53 PM

give us jordan rhodes for free. lmao

Jul 31, 2:11 PM

Described as a "cheeky attempt" by our local newspaper
SWFC

Aug 1, 10:00 AM

new experience for me on Saturday...due to being out of the country for half the season I didn't have enough priority points to get Reading away tickets before they sold out so I'll be sitting in the home end
SWFC

Aug 1, 12:09 PM

Only time I've done that was at Portman Road.

Aug 2, 8:01 AM
Hug Addict <3

So this actually happened in the end:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48989647

Mother of all overpriced players...

Aug 2, 9:42 AM

I love Dybala and I don't like that he might go to United soon. But I'm happy Juve has turned to Lukaku instead of to the idiot that is Icardi.

HaXXspetten said:

This makes Juve's £67m De Ligt deal look even better.

Aug 2, 9:46 AM
Hug Addict <3

Zoldra0 said:
HaXXspetten said:

This makes Juve's £67m De Ligt deal look even better.
Yeah no way in hell Maguire is worth more than De Ligt lol

Aug 2, 11:07 AM

English players get a 25% mark up in the Prem cause everyones fucking loaded from all that TV money
SWFC

Aug 2, 11:34 AM

I haven't watched Football in a long time (1 year I think). I really need to get back. I might watch Bayern if they advance to the semi finals of the UCL this year.
I like how the Anime community acts like a bunch of Commie hippies, "We the Anime community!"

It's just a bunch of different circlejerks who all hate each other and their own kind.

Aug 2, 12:05 PM

What's Juventus even trying to do for that swap deal with United? United are pretty much gaining the best of the deal, not complaining though.~

Also Bayern really need a winger, need to pay huge money now though

Aug 2, 4:35 PM

Well apparently the La Liga will not be shown on any UK Networks this season. Well that's just super-de-freaking-dooper ain't it?

Aug 2, 5:06 PM

Fingers crossed Dybala joins Manu...

Aug 2, 5:15 PM
Hug Addict <3

Sayanora12 said:
Can't help but feel that's a really dumb move by Juventus if that happens. I don't see how trying to trade Dybala for Lukaku really changes anything when you're still going to build the squad around Ronaldo as your central attacker either way. For their own sakes I don't think they should go through with it

Now if they're solely selling Dybala and skipping Lukaku then it makes a bit more sense but I still feel that's a bit naïve. Ronaldo won't be around forever and they're already trying to sell Moise Kean as is. Someone has to be left to carry the torch (and bringing in Icardi can't possibly be the answer)

Aug 2, 5:17 PM

So the Swans managed to sell Oli McBurnie to Sheffield United after all for £20mil. I know he did good for the Swans last season (alongside Dan James, who we've also sold making me extra worried about my team) but... 20 mil for a guy who was in the Scotland squad that couldn't even beat Kazakhstan? Really?

Aug 2, 5:37 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Sayanora12 said:
Can't help but feel that's a really dumb move by Juventus if that happens. I don't see how trying to trade Dybala for Lukaku really changes anything when you're still going to build the squad around Ronaldo as your central attacker either way. For their own sakes I don't think they should go through with it

Now if they're solely selling Dybala and skipping Lukaku then it makes a bit more sense but I still feel that's a bit naïve. Ronaldo won't be around forever and they're already trying to sell Moise Kean as is. Someone has to be left to carry the torch (and bringing in Icardi can't possibly be the answer)
I think the idea of building your whole club around a 34 year old is really dumb. Ronaldo does take really good care of his body, but a guy his age can only have so many years left in him... Juventus should really buy more young players and let them learn from Ronaldo instead. It feels like they have been looking for immediate success for a while, and they’ve just not been getting it. Lack of patience and planning for the future is going to be that club’s demise. Also I agree lol, Icardi is a ticking time bomb... Signing him would be very foolish. Now, from a manu fan’s perspective, I truly hope this deal goes through. I’ve never been a fan of Lukaku in the first place, replacing him with Dybala would be great.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »