Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 21, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
Great Animation for the first time 10 out of 10 whole episode
May 21, 2019 7:43 AM
Jan 2019
Ulquiorra said:
Yuno was amazing!
Dunno if Asta could defeat him right now.

lol asta is anti magic, no matter how strong yuno's magic it would no use against asta.
May 21, 2019 7:47 AM

Jul 2013
What a great battle. Is like if they took everything good with the fight of Asta vs Ladros and improved it even more to craft the ultimate battle. Yuno's transformation in particular was simply espectacular.
Poor Asta didn't got his showdown with Yuno, but I hope he gets elected for the raid against Eye of the Midnight Sun. He deserves it after his performance.

The last scene with Zora and Julius was a great way to close the tournament arc, the ending sounding in the background made it several times better. Overall I liked this arc a lot, hope next one ends being as good.
May 21, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
Hoy can a shitty anime in the first 30 chapters turn out to be actually this good? I'm actually impressed
May 21, 2019 8:15 AM

Dec 2018
Well Rill is creative but not at his strategy by bringing the crystal all along with him while doing an intense battle.

I guess Asta vs Yuno can wait.

My wildest guess would be the King would give info or hire the Midnight Sun to kill Julius.

Zora wish to become a super mage, lol. Don't even know what that mean.

All in all defnitely worth the wait.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 21, 2019 9:37 AM

Feb 2013
kaenakane said:
Ulquiorra said:
Yuno was amazing!

lol asta is anti magic, no matter how strong yuno's magic it would no use against asta.

Well, not the magic but the speed, if he doesn't have the time to use it.
May 21, 2019 9:59 AM
Jan 2015
kaenakane said:
Ulquiorra said:
Yuno was amazing!

Not trying to argue Asta vs Yuno, but this point is really weak. Using your logic, Asta would already be the strongest in the series, which is completely untrue.
My Queens

May 21, 2019 10:05 AM
Jan 2019
-Mahesvara said:
kaenakane said:

Not trying to argue Asta vs Yuno, but this point is really weak. Using your logic, Asta would already be the strongest in the series, which is completely untrue.

asta is not strongest yet because he isnt mastered his demon form yet, imagine if asta has mastered his demon form. well no one could stop him because magic is no use against asta. no one could beat asta if he mastered his demon form and this is a fact.
May 21, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit the way this fight panned out was what I was hoping the fight with Langris with go. At least this one made up for that meh. lowkey wished Rill won lul
May 21, 2019 10:22 AM
Jan 2015
kaenakane said:
-Mahesvara said:

asta is not strongest yet because he isnt mastered his demon form yet, imagine if asta has mastered his demon form. well no one could stop him because magic is no use against asta. no one could beat asta if he mastered his demon form and this is a fact.
Well that hasn't happened yet(I personally don't believe he will be the outright strongest, him and Yuno will always be equals imo), we're talking about now anyways.
My Queens

May 21, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2019
-Mahesvara said:
kaenakane said:

Well that hasn't happened yet(I personally don't believe he will be the outright strongest, him and Yuno will always be equals imo), we're talking about now anyways.

lol then tell me how equal wind magic vs anti magic hahaha yuno fanboy detected.
May 21, 2019 10:31 AM
Jan 2015
kaenakane said:
-Mahesvara said:

lol then tell me how equal wind magic vs anti magic hahaha yuno fanboy detected.
Um no? The story always presents them as equals. No fanboyism here, just stating facts. I'm more of a Zora stan anyway.
My Queens

May 21, 2019 10:43 AM
Jan 2019
-Mahesvara said:
kaenakane said:

Um no? The story always presents them as equals. No fanboyism here, just stating facts. I'm more of a Zora stan anyway.

it's so clear that this is about "magic vs anti magic" and even child knows that anti magic will win.. no matter the story presents them seems like equal. asta may be not become magic knight at the end of the series but definitly he's the strongest of them all.
May 21, 2019 10:52 AM
Dec 2017
kaenakane said:
-Mahesvara said:

it's so clear that this is about "magic vs anti magic" and even child knows that anti magic will win.. no matter the story presents them seems like equal. asta may be not become magic knight at the end of the series but definitly he's the strongest of them all.
an
kaenakane said:
-Mahesvara said:

There are types of magic that even anti-magic can't defeat. Julius' time magic can literally take all the time of the person you use it on, Asta can't counter that
May 21, 2019 10:56 AM
Jan 2019
MJOW1999 said:
kaenakane said:

an
kaenakane said:

There are types of magic that even anti-magic can't defeat. Julius' time magic can literally take all the time of the person you use it on, Asta can't counter that

nope, julius chrono would not work if asta become full demon mode.
May 21, 2019 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
From what I look, Yuno's ultimate move is not on the same level as Asta's transformation yet. But this episode is the most powerful and funniest to date. Might be because Magic Knight Captain Rill has such a beautiful magic style. A little bit sad that we don't see his masterpiece yet. Conclusion, Black Clover could blow away previous shonen jump legendary franchises if all episodes are like this.
May 21, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2015
kaenakane said:
-Mahesvara said:

Its not always as simple as anti-magic vs magic, most of black clover battles rely on strategies and how they apply their spells or skills, so it's not as black and white as you make it to be. And you're the one calling me a child jeesh.
My Queens

May 21, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2018
So in the end Yuno gets to own Rill, Julius knew from the start that Zora isn't with them Purple Orcas nor was he Xerxs. So the question now is will he stay on as a freelance mage or join up with a group????
May 21, 2019 1:21 PM
Apr 2019
better animation than mob psycho 100, haters mad
May 21, 2019 1:36 PM
Aug 2018
-Mahesvara said:
kaenakane said:

Yuno could just stay at 300 meters in the air, using his wind power to move rock and throw them to Asta which could only avoid them without any mean to fight back. And even if Asta is "anti-magic", it's only his sword, not him. If he just miss one attack, he takes the full hit.

To be honest, I have some difficulty imagining how the fight would go... Even with his demon form, I don't think Asta will be able to move as fast as Yuno in the air (interesting Yuno has also only one "wing") and he would surely be exhausted before Yuno.

Vetto listed all the "weakness of Asta" mainly not being able to win against stronger (physically) oponnent and not being able to block easily projectile which are not magic.
May 21, 2019 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
Hate to compare animes but this battle right here was AMAZING!

These are the magical battles I expected out of Fairy Tail but nop, all has been disappointing and predictable.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 21, 2019 4:16 PM
Mar 2018
Yuno seemed like Superman in this Episode. Flying and all.
May 21, 2019 4:17 PM

Apr 2018
HueyLion said:

These are the magical battles I expected out of Fairy Tail but nop, all has been disappointing and predictable.

Facts, FT fights are terrible, BC has better magic fights by far and better battle system overall
May 21, 2019 4:19 PM
Apr 2019
HueyLion said:

Tenrou island fights were actually awesome, but for some reason they didn't keep that up in a lot of the future fights.
May 21, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
Rill would've won that fight, strength wise. But Yuno did well though!

I was saddened by Asta though, the little guy is a bit crushed.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2019 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Glad to see them go all out for this fight, it was great and they didn't go too crazy with the speedy visuals like they did with Asta vs Ladros fight.
May 21, 2019 6:27 PM
Jan 2019
I am both amazed and sad at the same time.
Great episode, great animation and everything. Even the small comments to pad time is spot on, and the humor from the King is hilarious, I burst out in laughter with his tantrum

I am sad cause this is the potential of the animation team, but they can't do this consistently cause of the staff and time constraint, most of the time they don't have enough resource. GG Yoshihara-san great job
May 21, 2019 6:30 PM
Sep 2017
Great fight between Yuno & Rill, I just wish Yuno wasn’t quite such a jerk to Asta. I know they compete to push each other, but geez. Kinda made me wish Rill had won.
I looooved the end, with Julius & Zora - it was so well-done, with the ending music playing in the background. Hope Zora sticks around for good. He’d make a great “non-conformist” Black Bull!
Julius is such an awesome character - love him! I agree with the knights - he should be the real king, lol.
May 21, 2019 6:35 PM

Mar 2016
I'm satisfied with how this arc was closed, I even forgot why was I mad about the episode of two weeks ago. Yuno really has become stronger and his battle skills have improved, really need a battle between him and Asta, who right now in not in his best but he will get through it, he always does. Even with the lack of resources the staff of BC delivered a great episode, I hope the studio recognizes this. Thanks to some spoilers, I kinda have an idea of what's next, I'm excited and cannot wait to see it.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 21, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2017
Really good episode all around, animation aside. Still it makes me sad that we only get this once every other arc or so. But hot damn that fight was wild. I was kinda hoping Yuno would lose since Rill is a captain and all, but I don't mind how they did it. It's kind of a meme that he destroyed his own crystal but he wasn't getting over powered by Yuno anyhow. Asta had a real feelsbadman moment as well.

Well that was sweet, but I'm prepared to go back to off model characters within the next few eps.
May 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was crazy wicked sick!
Rill vs Yuno was beyond awesome!
that's all!
5/5!

May 22, 2019 1:38 AM

Nov 2015
Best episode of BC from start to finish! 10/10
May 22, 2019 1:57 AM

Aug 2015
Awesome episode! Been loving this anime since the beginning and this episode just deepened my enjoyment for the show!
"I won't say you'll definitely be able to do it if you don't give up. But if you do give up, then there'll definitely be nothing." Aomine, Daiki
May 22, 2019 2:13 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is pure sakuga at its finest. Even without Pierrot's help, this could still have been possible.

Everyone's plans and goals realized with the conclusion of the Selection Exam arc.

Finally Zora gets his clarification and conclusion about his dad's comrade, the Wizard King himself.

What an episode.
May 22, 2019 4:21 AM

Feb 2015
Loved this episode quite a lot. The fight was so nicely done and everything else, the ending, simply perfect!
May 22, 2019 4:46 AM

Dec 2016
Nice episode as always. The animation was great in the whole episode, really liked it.
Now let's see what Zora gonna do from now on
May 22, 2019 5:07 AM

Apr 2013
seeing hearts inside Bell's eyes she must've realled like it.
May 22, 2019 5:54 AM

Apr 2016
Rill vs Yuno fight was great!
The BGM was nice and the sakuga was decent (for Pierrot's standards XD).
Yuno really went all out since he's facing a strong opponent.
Sadly the fight concluded without seeing who's the better between the two.
May 22, 2019 8:49 AM
Jan 2016
Danm, this episode was one of the best!

Bell and Walter's discussion about who woudl win was so funny!

Yuno vs Rill truly had an incredible animation, they are both too powerful, and Yuno's spirit form was so damn cool, and look so powerfull, they had quite an intense fight!

Didn't expect to see Bell's reaction about becoming one with Yuno xD

Noelle blocking both magic with her dragon lair was so awesome!

julios and Zora moment at the end was wonderfull, so Julios was the one that Zara refered about time magic to Zora, really interesting, hope zora decitde to be a magic knighs and list in Black Bulls!
May 22, 2019 12:03 PM
Feb 2019
This episode brought the series from a 7 to an 8 for me.
May 22, 2019 4:06 PM
Mar 2015
The last fight was great. Nice conversation between Julius and Zora
May 22, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2017
I didn't think pierrot could get to God tier animation -literal God with Rill's (?) Magic, shame that they're going to drop it back next week... we all know it.
Other than that, a nice little inference to Asta's demon crept its way in

May 22, 2019 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
What a fantastic episode! wow
Especially that ending! It was kinda obvious that Yuno would win but still, what a battle!
The ending scene was one of the best, gotta love the real king! Also, i really hope that Zora will join the BB.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 22, 2019 8:08 PM

Dec 2014
that was intensebut I had wished that yuno wouldn't had won like that
May 22, 2019 9:04 PM

Aug 2016
Yuno is stronk af.
Whoever likes slice of life anime doesn't have any IRL friends.
May 23, 2019 1:19 AM

Oct 2017
What an incredible episode, so intense and glad the Captain didn't lose in terms of raw power because it felt too early imo. The end with the Wizard King acknowledging Zora's father was beautiful as well.

I'm also happy to see I misunderstood about the way Royal Knights will be selected: it's not the winning team but those who've been the most skilled on the battlefield so we'll have great fights ahead with the terrorist organization.

I don't know how clsoe to the manga they are but I guess I won't be surprised if tons of fillers show up in the next few weeks ^^
May 23, 2019 5:59 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, every part of this ep was amazing.
May 23, 2019 6:12 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
We came this far to watch such a beautiful episode.

Was expecting Rill to show he wasn't full power after he lost but that was good too.
May 23, 2019 6:41 AM
Jun 2017
I JUST LOVE THE FINAL BATTLE BETWEEN RILL AND YUNo... overflowing magic and great action scene makes me so focus while watching this one... yeah...

and yuno's new magic is a super strong one. how i wish i can see yuno and asta fighting at each other using their newly developed skills...
May 23, 2019 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
What saddens me about this amazing episode is that we're gonna get a series of bad to average animated episodes. :(
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Apr 22, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.