Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 8 Discussion

May 21, 2:30 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, a competition for players on the team. I guess the world of baseball this season is even more intense than usual.

This is serious competition with the new season.

May 21, 5:08 AM
Damn Masashi is a monster as expected of Tetsus brother. Can't wait to see him bat in a real match.

May 21, 5:40 AM

Ah that was Diamond no Ace at it's best! I love this type of episodes. I gave it 6 but I will rate it even higher if it was possible.

What I liked in this episode:
- Coach Todoroki speech
- Angry Sanada-senpai
- Interaction between Yakushi and Inashiro first years
- Scenes in dining room
- Seido first years making fans delighted and excited
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II

May 21, 6:46 AM

Things are looking great for Seidou.

Once again, Dia no Ace did a splendid job with a build up episode, they really brought the hype for the upcoming competition among teammates. I'm more than ready.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

May 21, 6:55 AM

Some of the new players could be regulars already.

May 21, 9:21 AM

Its come full circle - Sawamura's year of rookies are now seasoned members and they are being challenged by the new first years. Tetsu's brother is a beast! Looks like we got another game next week?

May 21, 10:29 AM
Masahi Yuki is as powerful as expected, he even eat lunchbox made by his brother! So romantic! Plus, he's the only character to date that officially manservice

May 21, 10:48 AM

papsoshea said:
Its come full circle - Sawamura's year of rookies are now seasoned members and they are being challenged by the new first years. Tetsu's brother is a beast! Looks like we got another game next week?

Yes it is :) Seido against Houdaiichi
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II

May 21, 11:48 AM
The rookies this year are more powerful than last year’s crop. This was a nice build-up episode. It was nice of the coach to leave some positions open for the 1st years. Now everyone is feeling the pressure that they could easily loose their spot which makes for a more competitive team.

May 21, 1:19 PM

Am glad the anime follows the manga! But i could totally do without the narration at the end...

May 21, 2:10 PM

I still think it's kind of a pity the match was so short, but I loved the episode. Sanada was frustrated, but like the coach Todoroki thought to himself, it's a sign of growth, he is taking the sport more seriously, and he can still improve. Raichi was also shocked, but his spirit wasn't beaten. I really hope to see this team raising again with the help of their first years. It was also interesting to see that meeting between the first years of Yakushi and Inashiro, but I'm a bit bummed that I didn't see much of Mei after the match, but the way he waved to the stands with a blush was adorable. xD

Then the first years of Seidou, Masashi and Kaoru are my favorites out of them so far, so I really liked to see them getting closer to each other and sharing a bit of screen time. Koushuu, trying to compete with them, was funny too. He is a guy of few words, but he might prove to be really nice. Well, together with Koushuu's sidekick, this is a mean way of addressing him, but I can't remember his name right now, they mean business, and right now there are only two spots left, but many things can happen until summer. Can't wait.

May 21, 6:08 PM

Great episode.

Yakushi lost. :(
Inashiro looking crazy strong, Mei ain't gonna take their previous loss lying down.
Loved Todoroki, his Dad and Sanada's conviction though.

The last part where the first years light the fire under the seniors was fantastic. I especially loved it when Sawamura started laughing and accepted their challenge. xD

May 21, 8:52 PM
Hopefully we actually hear Asada next episode. His character only made sounds in this episode... his seiyuu ended up voicing background characters more than his own character lul

On another note, I find the pacing of the anime awfully slow...
Before you quote me, carefully re-read what I have written.
Discussions that go around in circles will not be entertained.

May 22, 1:11 AM

I'm rooting for Furuya to show his skills and prove why he must be the ace.

May 22, 2:43 AM
Those still images are killing me. I dont remember them in previous seasons. There is no animation during matches :(

May 22, 2:07 PM
Great introduction to the first years! I love how the new characters are as, if not more, memorable than the senpais who've graduated.

May 22, 4:01 PM

robal15 said:
Those still images are killing me. I dont remember them in previous seasons. There is no animation during matches :(

it's expected since Production I.G is not helping this time .

May 22, 10:00 PM

Eh, the match was rushed as expected.
i love how the first years are way better than Sawamura's year.
Things are looking great for seido

May 23, 1:49 AM
phantomfandom said:
Masahi Yuki is as powerful as expected, he even eat lunchbox made by his brother! So romantic! Plus, he's the only character to date that officially manservice

I think Masashi could stand to have more musculature. But mate gotta take what we can get, it's just this and Carlos... I guess 90% of Seikou High too if you like the bulky types. I miss Seikou; the aggressive batting and the comedy and Masu-san and all.

Sinbad200 said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic but if you aren't, it's nice to see someone praise Furuya for a change... Even if I definitely do understand why people don't like him and how he's portrayed.

May 23, 6:50 AM
Kami-sama

BourBon-7so said:
robal15 said:

at this point the anime is basically a downgraded version of the manga but with voiceovers

May 23, 7:15 AM
Hatsuyuki said:
BourBon-7so said:

at this point the anime is basically a downgraded version of the manga but with voiceovers

Just for fun
Ace of Diamond fan: Madhouse go away!
One Punch Man fan: Comeback to us!

May 23, 7:20 AM
Hatsuyuki said:
BourBon-7so said:

An elaborate audio drama series with supplementary slideshows!

May 23, 8:03 AM
Kami-sama

phantomfandom said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Just for fun
Ace of Diamond fan: Madhouse go away!
One Punch Man fan: Comeback to us!

That's because more often than not circumstances behind the production of the show and the staff involved matter more than a studio name.

May 23, 8:28 AM

Pooyan22 said:

Sinbad200 said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic but if you aren't, it's nice to see someone praise Furuya for a change... Even if I definitely do understand why people don't like him and how he's portrayed.

I dont really like Sawamura as ace. He gives a vibe of weak mentality from time to time. On the other hand, Furuya is the opposite and the way he pitches make you feel like "as long as im pitchinh, theres nothing to worry". I like them both though and their rivalry.

May 24, 9:43 AM

Still a heavy usage of stills. Shame really. :/