Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 20, 2019 11:45 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Like I'm talking a MASSIVE jump in quality. Like whilst I've always enjoyed the show, I've also always found it to be incredibly overrated and nothing more than just solid; a decent but fairly typical Shonen (outside its unique premise).

But for some reason I've found this season to be absolutely gripping and an absolutely fantastic watch; and that's DESPITE the fact all the best arcs were already used up in past seasons and I already know everything that's going to happen before it actually happens (due to reading the manga although to be fair I have forgotten a couple things like the Armored titan recovering still caught me off guard this episode). Yet this season, in terms of quality, it's just ridiculous like it doesn't even feel like the same show and heck it definitely doesn't feel like it's written by the mangaka (who certainly has never displayed writing anywhere even near this good in the manga especially after it went to crap like fifty chapters ago when they found the basement). I thought maybe I could be remember wrong but nope, I went to watch a few older episodes from each of the past seasons and they are clearly of a lower quality level, so I just have no clue what happened or why I am enjoying this season so much more. Feels like it went from a 7 to a 9 or an 8 to a 10.

I don't know, I'm just wondering, am I the only one who feels like the show has seen a huge jump in quality this season? Like anybody who wasn't all that impressed by the show but has been by this season?
KyotosomoMay 20, 2019 11:51 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2019 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
thank the talented staff lol despite this modern slavery of very long hours of overwork and cheap pay they still manage to create a sequel this good

also with the score and ranking like this https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=airing then you are not alone

degMay 20, 2019 11:55 PM
May 21, 2019 12:00 AM
Aug 2017
The series has been leading up to this very moment and with the emotions, action, and superb plot, it is all just overwhelming for us and Isayama really has been saving his all for this arc and the future ones as well.
May 21, 2019 12:16 AM

Dec 2017
The arcs of SnK beginning with this one following the arcs covered in Season 1 and Season 2 are where the story begins to truly shine imo. Isayama's writing has been building up to the revelation and what will follow after, so it's a pretty big culmination. This current arc in Season 3 part 2 is one of my personal favourite arcs and I agree that it is being adapted wonderfully.
May 21, 2019 12:51 AM

Feb 2018
The next arc will be even better
May 21, 2019 12:58 AM

Jul 2012
This arc is the climax to literally every single buildup and foreshadowed element that the series had thus far, and it concludes with the biggest revelation there is up to even currently really in the manga (it completely changes your vision of the story as a whole in a way few series can ever do, an actual plot twist by all means and definitions).

The fact that the arcs after this (that serve more of a conclusion to all of the things that will be presented in here soon enough) are just as great (if not arguably straight "even better") is a miracle on itself, so I really can't describe just how much satisfied I am that this is being adapted this much faithfully to the point of actually surpassing the manga's own quality in some aspects.

So yeah, just brace yourself and enjoy to your heart's content, it's only up from here.
May 21, 2019 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
When a mangaka writes a manga for seven years, his writing is bound to improve
May 21, 2019 4:28 AM
Aug 2016
Kyotosomo said:
Yet this season, in terms of quality, it's just ridiculous like it doesn't even feel like the same show and heck it definitely doesn't feel like it's written by the mangaka (who certainly has never displayed writing anywhere even near this good in the manga especially after it went to crap like fifty chapters ago when they found the basement)
Yeah, that's maybe due to the author being directly involved in making this season and improve the original plot of the manga.

"After writing Volume 12, in the period between 13 and 16 was when I felt the most disappointed with my work... Hopefully, now that season 3 is being made, I’ll have the chance to wipe away that regret and replace it with something I’m proud of.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/22/attack-on-titan-creator-hopes-season-3-will-let-him-erase-regret-of-the-manga
May 21, 2019 4:35 AM

Oct 2013
ClickBaitBuster said:
Kyotosomo said:
Yet this season, in terms of quality, it's just ridiculous like it doesn't even feel like the same show and heck it definitely doesn't feel like it's written by the mangaka (who certainly has never displayed writing anywhere even near this good in the manga especially after it went to crap like fifty chapters ago when they found the basement)
Yeah, that's maybe due to the author being directly involved in making this season and improve the original plot of the manga.

"After writing Volume 12, in the period between 13 and 16 was when I felt the most disappointed with my work... Hopefully, now that season 3 is being made, I’ll have the chance to wipe away that regret and replace it with something I’m proud of.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/22/attack-on-titan-creator-hopes-season-3-will-let-him-erase-regret-of-the-manga

Volume 13 to 16 is season 3 part 1 content, he was specifically talking about the previous arc not this one. We are currently at volume 20 in season 3 part 2 if I remembered correctly.
May 21, 2019 4:42 AM
May 2018
Prepare for the best foreshadowing in anime history.
Next arcs in SNK are the same quality like in this one, I just hope WIT can animate them or Production I.G which are almost the same thing. Good news that voice actors and Hiroyuki Sawano will still there :).
May 21, 2019 4:52 AM
Aug 2016
keragamming said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Volume 13 to 16 is season 3 part 1 content, he was specifically talking about the previous arc not this one. We are currently at volume 20 in season 3 part 2 if I remembered correctly.
Oh ok then.
But I'm really confused, (some) people were shitting on this arc in the manga and are now praising the anime which, from what you said, doesn't change much from the plot.
May 21, 2019 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Cycli said:
Prepare for the best foreshadowing in anime history.
Next arcs in SNK are the same quality like in this one, I just hope WIT can animate them or Production I.G which are almost the same thing. Good news that voice actors and Hiroyuki Sawano will still there :).

It's been confirmed that WIT won't animate SnK anymore.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1783219
May 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Oct 2013
ClickBaitBuster said:
keragamming said:

Oh ok then.
But I'm really confused, (some) people were shitting on this arc in the manga and are now praising the anime which, from what you said, doesn't change much from the plot.

Just the directing, soundtrack etc has enhance the experience.
May 21, 2019 5:12 AM

Dec 2015
Personally, I think this is the same level of quality from the first Season, which from I can see here is extremely underated. Oh well, at least this arc is getting the love it deserves
May 21, 2019 5:33 AM
May 2019
Yeah, I agree, the fact its already back in the top 10 again says something.
May 21, 2019 6:04 AM

Oct 2017
It'll only keep getting better from here.
May 21, 2019 8:42 AM

May 2018
To keep it short, this part can be considered the answer arc. It will unfold the mysteries the show had since the very first episode of season one. So yes, if done right, it has the possibility of being high quality. And manga readers can confirm you it will deliver.
Some people will probably call it a far fetched ass-pull but rest assured, there won't be any inconsistencies with the information we got up to that point.
Plus the encounter really feels like a final battle. The stakes are higher than ever as there's no escape this time.
May 21, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kyotosomo said:
L (due to reading the manga although to be fair I have forgotten a couple things like the Armored titan recovering still caught me off guard this episode)

Off topic, but the exact same thing happened to me haha.

May 21, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2018
Oh yeah this one is really way "better" than previous seasons, engaging episodes that gives you a
feeling those episodes felt short. It keeps getting better it won't disappoint until the end cliffhanger revelation.

Additionally, the "best" has yet to come if we ever got another season.
May 21, 2019 10:23 AM

Mar 2018
No and I don't understand why you think that if all you say is ''I feel like''. Only 4 episodes have aired so claiming the writing suddenly improved and is better than all other 3 seasons doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know where you see these huge bumps in quality. It's certainly not in the production lol. Why do you feel like the writing is so different and even better than in the manga?
poop
May 21, 2019 10:25 AM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
No and I don't understand why you think that if all you say is ''I feel like''. Only 4 episodes have aired so claiming the writing suddenly improved and is better than all other 3 seasons doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know where you see these huge bumps in quality. It's certainly not in the production lol. Why do you feel like the writing is so different and even better than in the manga?

No idea why a lot of people hate the direction to complex story telling the manga took either, which is what I thought a lot of people wanted for the longest time. Guess it goes to show, your love for some things only come to the surface after they change for good or vanish.
May 21, 2019 10:27 AM
Aug 2017
It was leading to a epic story. At first aot seems like a generic but good shonen but from this pt on this show will become one of the best anime with great story telling and twists. Damn the amount of twists and mystery in the manga is surreal and the character development oh u will just see about that there are nukes in that department. It actually is underrated in that aspect.
May 21, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2016
Really like it.
But mhm? Why no one notice changes from Mikasa ?
May 21, 2019 10:50 AM
May 2017
-cmmmm0 said:
Really like it.
But mhm? Why no one notice changes from Mikasa ?

She looks the same, literally no change, but yeah this arc is awesome so enjoy it will it lasts cuz WIT won't work in Aot no more, this is pretty much their goodbye!!
I should'be seen this coming since they started drop fanarts every single day, which never happen before and the nostalgia ED
May 21, 2019 11:06 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah, I mean this is the climax of the arc which started from season 1, so I'd be really disappointed if it's not good. Everything after this season, like it or not, is a completely different story with whole new setting, the only thing that carries over is the cast.
May 21, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2018
Esquirtit said:

Season 1 and 2 had more production issues than season 3
May 21, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2018
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Esquirtit said:

They all had issues I don't think you can safely say one more than the other. What I mean by production is the overall quality that has been produced, not the issues behind them.

@weebover9000 I don't read the manga so I have no idea. I would say so far the world of AoT is quite complex but the way it is told not that much. My problem is with OP saying that this season (s3 p2) has better writing than the earlier seasons and it feeling different from the manga. I just want to know why this season in particular has changed and why it doesn't feel like the manga author wrote it. Because I don't see it
EsquirtitMay 21, 2019 1:15 PM
poop
May 21, 2019 1:31 PM

Jun 2017
no, it still sucks

May 21, 2019 1:36 PM

Jul 2011
The first series was better in animation and direction quality, but overall this series is doing good, minus some bad cgi
May 21, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
Esquirtit said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

They all had issues I don't think you can safely say one more than the other. What I mean by production is the overall quality that has been produced, not the issues behind them.

@weebover9000 I don't read the manga so I have no idea. I would say so far the world of AoT is quite complex but the way it is told not that much.

Let's say that the foreshadowing exposition and overall presentation of the mystery narrative (which includes many non-chronological rearranging of certain story elements and plot devices which the anime actually just presented very straight to the point and in the specific chronological order they should be in, and that killed some very peculiar minor clever presentation things that just aren't present in the anime and also caused the pacing to be a bit off at some places.

Weirdly enough, the least faithful anime adaptation of the manga (Season 3 part 1) was actually the one that followed those kinds of storytelling techniques better albeit losing some precious secondary characters' developments and overall significance. It did flown far smoother than that arc in the manga, as the mangaka was hoping it would, but at the price of losing some very in-depth characterization and some extra foreshadowing in several places.

A quick overview if you are not a manga reader:

In short, for example, season 1 was super linear and with some pacing issues all around compared to the manga more complex, fluid and dynamic presentation with some better represented scenes in a reread (while the anime even had some filler ex machina super titan mode for Eren by the end of the female titan arc). The manga overall also, in every single circumstance, really get you in your toes begging for more asap, since the chapters go leaving a lot of questions that go being slowly answered according to the hook for the next piece of information the mangaka is throwing in the mystery mix.

More than an suspenseful action manga, SnK is much more of a character and lore focused mystery one, and the opposite goes to the straight-to-the-point presentation in the anime, which is more focused in the other aspect even because it IS more appealing in that medium.

Therefore, while the anime did some things much better than the manga in those circumstances, it was alas at the price of losing some of the manga's biggest strenghts.

Which lead us to why people liked Season 2 so much in comparison besides also having some glaring pacing issues at times (it was much more faithful overall with very few cuts in content), why reactions were also a bit mixed between "this is spectacular!" and "they ruined X thing" with Season 3 part 1....

Which lead us to why people overwhelmingly praise this season so highly, for being about the best adaptation we could get, to the most important and decisive arc for the whole series, and also a turning point for many to consider it a masterpiece from the big twist onwards (since the quality seemingly just seems to goes up until now with no signs of backdrops yet).

In the manga's merits, all of those elements I mentioned just culminate amazingly well and even the only actually very sluggish and very text-heavy arc in the manga (season 3 part 1) maintains itself in high ground in terms of significant content.

This is what makes a reread through the content for some foreshadowing hunting so fascinating in there and why the manga is considered in an overview the better product (the anime being slightly behind since most of the elements, besides not having the same execution, still were adapted fairly well and with superb action scenes). Except of course, for this season, that is pretty much by the book as great as this adaptation could possibly be, to the point of, even if just a little, being slightly superior to what the manga already outstanding content has to offer.

Hope that explained well enough, sorry for the big analysis thing. Anyway, when the actual twist happen, even anime-onlies will have an idea of the actual complexity behind the story (it will be missing some cool clues sure, but it will definitely have about the same impact, after all, this series luckily was quite well adapted disregarding these details I mentioned before).
DanpmssMay 21, 2019 1:57 PM
May 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Oct 2013
Esquirtit said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

@weebover9000 I don't read the manga so I have no idea. I would say so far the world of AoT is quite complex but the way it is told not that much. My problem is with OP saying that this season (s3 p2) has better writing than the earlier seasons and it feeling different from the manga. I just want to know why this season in particular has changed and why it doesn't feel like the manga author wrote it. Because I don't see it

The way how it is told may not feel complex too you, simple because it hasn't told the complex part yet.

You will understand what I am saying by the end of this season.

@IdleSolution

By looking at your ratings it seems the more complex the season becomes the lower you score it, if that is the case I predict by the end of the season you are going to rate this season a 1/10 and the seasons to follow will also be rated a 1/10.

keragammingMay 21, 2019 1:50 PM
May 21, 2019 3:15 PM
May 2019
That's rich coming from a guy who has BNHA as his top anime. No offense but it seems like to me that you have a bad case of the ADHD and more complicated scenarios that involve higher context take too much effort from your brain to keep you interested. As anyone with a functioning brain can you tell that the recent arcs of SnK have only improved in writing. Don't confuse your lack of interest in things beyond what is the most low grade stimulation as bad writing.

And no Stein's gate is not complicated.
May 21, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2019
@Esquirtit you will understand eventually
You son of a .. turtle

May 21, 2019 3:30 PM
May 2019
Zoroft said:
That's rich coming from a guy who has BNHA as his top anime. No offense but it seems like to me that you have a bad case of the ADHD and more complicated scenarios that involve higher context take too much effort from your brain to keep you interested. As anyone with a functioning brain can you tell that the recent arcs of SnK have only improved in writing. Don't confuse your lack of interest in things beyond what is the most low grade stimulation as bad writing.

And no Stein's gate is not complicated.

Oh man, another one of the guys who go "you watch this show so you have a case of insert illness here and your opinion is now null and void and doesnt count." Thats pretty damn assonine of you. We could all do the same thing to him, but we dont, we choose not to be ass hats.
May 21, 2019 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
@Danpmss I still don't get it sorry lol, this season (s3 p2) was hyped up by manga fans to be most action heavy arc and so far it is. All 4 episodes that aired so far revolved around battles. So how come OP (and maybe you) believe the writing this season is far better? That's only thing that feels off to me lol. Is it because of how Erwins character was handled? Personally I didn't care that much, was pretty obvious since s1 what his deal was but whatever.

I personally loved the first 2 seasons the most because while it was action heavy it maintained its mystery aspects. Mixing both those elements like I've never seen before. I never really had any problems with the pacing contrary to what many people say but maybe that's because I never watched them weekly. Even rewatched both seasons in one day last summer.

S3 P1 has been the most disappointing to me, it answered and brought up a lot of questions however it was severely lacking in character development which already had been missing for 2 seasons. I could overlook it in the first 2 because of how much was happening in a short span of time, I believe everything in S2 happened in 1 or 2 days (never see anyone mention that).

To me, as anime only, I find it pretty consistent in terms of quality. Except animation and art but can't get mad at that as a pirate, just disappointed.

@keragamming @nim0174 I guess. I already have some speculation

@zoroft lol the anime you consume and enjoy have nothing to do with intelligence. sure some have more depth and nuance but anyone can can sit down, watch it and put it in their favorites. so yes obviously some anime are more intelligent but enjoying them doesn't take any effort
poop
May 21, 2019 3:46 PM
May 2019
@Esquirtit

Try reading the manga of the uprising arc, Isayama wasnt proud of it, but it did have a bit more devleopment for characters like pixis and such
May 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Apr 2019
@Esquirtit about what you said to Danpmss "All 4 episodes that aired so far revolved around battles. So how come OP (and maybe you) believe the writing this season is far better"

They do so because they know whats coming, although i don't agree with the "writing this season is better" anyway, because i don't believe it should be split up into seasons to judge it, these seasons served as a foundation, and it was well done, so i dont like looking at it from writing per season perspective, the only reason people believe its better is because they have read the manga and know what is going to come in the next 6 episodes and 2 arcs afterwards since we are getting answers they say the writing is better, but its not true it was always excellent, questions, mystery, dialogue, foreshadowing, its just the shift in what is told makes it seem better because the foundation was built well

at least thats kinda my point of view
You son of a .. turtle

May 21, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
IdleSolution said:
no, it still sucks

Sorry, but I dont agree
May 21, 2019 4:33 PM
May 2019
Don't blame me for reading into his pompous assertion. Of course I don't think liking specific anime makes you more intelligent or anything, but jumping to conclusions based on poor or little reasoning does make you pretty stupid.

Different anime have different levels of consumability, some take more appreciation for the whole of the context to enjoy which can turn a lot of people off cause they have to process too many details in their head to get something stimulating out of it but also because they're more likely to be about conceptual things that are more abstract than over dramatized scenes that bonk you on the head with what they're doing.

Sorry if you thought I was implying something else, I don't blame you. While there may be exceptions, for the most part I do think there is a strong correlation between specific taste in shows and specific types of people, so unless there's a sign that shows otherwise most of us are going to make assumptions because that's just the kind of people we are and also because it's useful or should I say practical.
ZoroftMay 21, 2019 4:40 PM
May 21, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2018
@Nim0174 I have the same view as you.

@Zoroft Yeah well if you put it that way you sound more polite. But there a millions of AoT fans, only a small amount will be similar to you. Everyone consumes it in a different way is what I'm trying to say, a casual might have a better understanding of AoT than a fanboy/girl. Visual mediums are very different from books, there are a lot of different aspects to enjoy so I wouldn't say something like AoT needs the viewer to process all the details and what it's trying to do. Even if the later arcs in the manga which havent been adapted yet require the viewer to fully understand AoT, the people who still dislike it aren't necessarily stupid. Plus, I'm sure there will be people who didn't even understand it but still loved it

Btw even though the world of AoT is far more complex BNHA is a way better social drama so I don't understand why you had to use that to bring someone down.
poop
May 21, 2019 6:56 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:

Btw even though the world of AoT is far more complex BNHA is a way better social drama so I don't understand why you had to use that to bring someone down.

How so? Just because it takes place in a modern looking city and the characters loosely spew out WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY lines doesn't mean there's any substance or even coherency to it.
May 21, 2019 7:13 PM

Apr 2013
ThatShiny_Hex said:
The next arc will be even better

a different studio will likely be doing it if there is a S4, so wouldn't be so sure about that..
May 21, 2019 8:02 PM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
Esquirtit said:

How so? Just because it takes place in a modern looking city and the characters loosely spew out WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY lines doesn't mean there's any substance or even coherency to it.
OUR WORLD IS SO CRUEL doesn't either. Aside from the characters who were already in the Survey Corps no one even questions the place they live in. Maybe it changes later, heard Eren finally develops or something. Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Conny, Sasha are all terrible. Armin is so inconsistent in his confidence it's not even funny. No way any of these characters ever get any depth. Historia doesn't count because she basically got everything spoonfed to her to the point she doesn't even matter anymore. All the politics, factions and citizens got dealt with so easily, no wonder Isayama was disappointed with the Uprising Arc. Only the mystery of the Titans were on his mind, nothing behind them. Maybe he realised and improved again and that's where all the praise comes from, I'll see it when it gets animated.

MHA took the easier root of course, generic superhero world, city and school but handles its character good enough to explore it.
poop
May 21, 2019 8:23 PM

Oct 2013
@Esquirtit

Watch 2 seasons of MHA drop it during season 3, never particularly like any of the characters or thought they had much depth, my favorite was that character that can use ice and fire.

Also you have to keep in mind it is a lot more easier to develop a cast of character or atleast have a lot of interesting interaction when the characters have all the time in the world to do so.

It is a lot more harder for a series where character is in danger 90% of the time, where the characters are most of the time thinking about survival, while in MHA case the opportunity is endless. The problem is at this very moment all the characters has one major goal in snk.

Not using it as a excuse, just showing you that in snk situation its a lot more difficult to do so, snk was never a character driven series to begin with, its more of a plot driven series, you can enjoy the series without even being attach to the characters because it has great action and a great lore and mystery to it.

I think Isayama has done a decent job with his cast of characters and he has only gotten better and with time you will see some of these characters having their own goals.

May 21, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2013
Esquirtit said:
keragamming said:
@Esquirtit

Watch 2 seasons of MHA drop it during season 3, never particularly like any of the characters or thought they had much depth, my favorite was that character that can use ice and fire.

Also you have to keep in mind it is a lot more easier to develop a cast of character or atleast have a lot of interesting interaction when the characters have all the time in the world to do so.

It is a lot more harder for a series where character is in danger 90% of the time, where the characters are most of the time thinking about survival, while in MHA case the opportunity is endless. The problem is at this very moment all the characters has one major goal in snk.

Not using it as a excuse, just showing you that in snk situation its a lot more difficult to do so, snk was never a character driven series to begin with, its more of a plot driven series, you can enjoy the series without even being attach to the characters because it has great action and a great lore and mystery to it.

I think Isayama has done a decent job with his cast of characters and he has only gotten better and with time you will see some of these characters having their own goals.

I know and I don't blame him. It's not like could even do anything near his level.

But:

Eren: Wants to kill all titans
Deku: Wants to become a hero

There's just a huge difference in meaning between these two. Eren is just a baby

One is driven for revenge, while the other is driven to protect people, yes there is a huge difference indeed, but I don't see the criticism here on that regards.
May 21, 2019 8:48 PM
Mar 2018
idk it feels like the aot i always know. just good action scenes and nothing much more
May 21, 2019 8:57 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:

MHA took the easier root of course, generic superhero world, city and school but handles its character good enough to explore it.

Looks like you took the easier route because when asked to back up your assertion you cheaply deflected straight to AOT with statements that aren't even remotely accurate. You seem to have missed most of the series as it has consistently been established that the desire to seek truth is something that is banned from within the walls. After all that plays a major role in Erwin's motivation as his dad was killed off by the military police for being too inquisitive about the history of the walls. In Episode one Armin was getting beaten up for speaking about the benefits of going outside the walls. There was the newbie journalist in season 3 part 1 who wanted to ask about the weapons that were purposely designed to kill people instead of titans but was prevented from doing so by his colleague. It was implied that Armin's parents were killed for trying to go outside the walls in a balloon. There's a whole gestapo like force that goes around killing people who seek the truth. It was a major part of the story and somehow you managed to miss it. The people in the walls are simply not allowed to talk about it. You also got to see more of the desperation from the people who lived in Trost in the manga as they expressed their not so pleasant thoughts directly to the scouts.

As for your criticisms about the characters you didn't even say anything beyond "these characters are bad because I say so" and "Armin is inconsistent in his confidence" even though it makes complete sense why Armin would have his confidence shot down after he misread Bert and got half their squad blown away because of it, he even mentions this explicitly when he asked Jean to take over but somehow you missed it. I read your statement about Historia thrice and it still makes no sense at all, she got everything spoonfed to her so it doesn't matter? What kind of logic is that. can you be any more vague and incoherent.

The anime for season 3 part 1 was dumbed down and skipped a lot of the manga, so things may have seemed brisk because of that but still the scouts had to go through an elaborate process of revealing the nobles true face (so obviously the people were going to side with them after that) and confirm Historia's royal line age (the manga goes into a lot more depth and nuance about this) As you can see I much prefer the manga version of season 3, there's a lot more substance to it and you can see Mikasa's development in character when she was supporting Levi (even though she used to dislike him) against all the other 104 cadets who were antagonizing him (arguing for Levi's case) because of his violent impulses including when he was manhandling Historia to become Queen because she didn't want to, which of course the anime skipped so later when Historia punched Levi it didn't make a whole lot of sense. It was a good bit of characterization for Levi so you knew just how on the edge he was about the situation and how fed up he was with everything.
ZoroftMay 21, 2019 9:11 PM
May 21, 2019 8:58 PM

Mar 2018
keragamming said:
Esquirtit said:
I know and I don't blame him. It's not like could even do anything near his level.

But:

There's just a huge difference in meaning between these two. Eren is just a baby

One is driven for revenge, while the other is driven to protect people, yes there is a huge difference indeed, but I don't see the criticism here on that regards.
keragamming said:
Esquirtit said:

But:

I went full retard there, never go full retard. What I meant is that being a hero means much more than killing a titan. But Eren already learned that, I had season 1 Eren stuck in my mind. Maybe just delete replies for safety?
poop
May 21, 2019 9:06 PM
May 2019
Esquirtit said:
Eren is just a baby

See I was spot on with my assessment, you completely ignore context to make your poorly interpreted statements. In this case it was completely obvious context too that was shown repeatedly, Eren saw him mom getting eaten by a Titan so of course he's going to be a little angry about that don't you think? How is he a baby because of that, do explain. Meanwhile Deku throws a tantrum just because he couldn't become a prestigious celebrity in his world. Seems like you got the two characters mixed up. Beside heroes in MHA world are just attention whores who get to punch bad guys in the face to look good because the villains are all apparently from Tokusatsu and have to attack people in the streets.
May 21, 2019 9:29 PM

Mar 2018
Zoroft said:
Esquirtit said:

Looks like you took the easier route because when asked to back up your assertion you cheaply deflected straight to AOT with statements that aren't even remotely accurate. You seem to have missed most of the series as it has consistently been established that the desire to seek truth is something that is banned from within the walls. After all that plays a major role in Erwin's motivation as his dad was killed off by the military police for being too inquisitive about the history of the walls. In Episode one Armin was getting beaten up for speaking about the benefits of going outside the walls. There was the newbie journalist in season 3 part 1 who wanted to ask about the weapons that were purposely designed to kill people instead of titans but was prevented from doing so by his colleague. It was implied that Armin's parents were killed for trying to go outside the walls in a balloon. There's a whole gestapo like force that goes around killing people who seek the truth. It was a major part of the story and somehow you managed to miss it. The people in the walls are simply not allowed to talk about it. You also got to see more of the desperation from the people who lived in Trost in the manga as they expressed their not so pleasant thoughts directly to the scouts.

As for your criticisms about the characters you didn't even say anything beyond "these characters are bad because I say so" and "Armin is inconsistent in his confidence" even though it makes complete sense why Armin would have his confidence shot down after he misread Bert and got half their squad blown away because of it, he even mentions this explicitly when he asked Jean to take over but somehow you missed it. I read your statement about Historia thrice and it still makes no sense at all, she got everything spoonfed to her so it doesn't matter? What kind of logic is that. can you be any more vague and incoherent.

The anime for season 3 part 1 was dumbed down and skipped a lot of the manga, so things may have seemed brisk because of that but still the scouts had to go through an elaborate process of revealing the nobles true face (so obviously the people were going to side with them after that) and confirm Historia's royal line age (the manga goes into a lot more depth and nuance about this) As you can see I much prefer the manga version of season 3, there's a lot more substance to it and you can see Mikasa's development in character when she was supporting Levi (even though she used to dislike him) against all the other 104 cadets who were antagonizing him (arguing for Levi's case) because of his violent impulses including when he was manhandling Historia to become Queen because she didn't want to, which of course the anime skipped so when later when Historia punched Levi it didn't make a whole lot of sense. It was a good bit of characterization for Levi so you knew just how on the edge he was about the situation and how fed up he was with everything.
I didn't miss it, you mention a random journalist and Armin from episode one? I didn't miss Armin his parents being killed off, but that's not something Armin knew. He lived with his grandpa or uncle who died as fodder for Titans. I already said the characters in the Survey Corps are well done, Erwin is part of that and he is the best character. In s3 part one they are already fighting against those in power, who cares about some journalist. I'm talking about the main characters. Years have passes since episode 1 and they joined they Survey Corps, it's not like there's any technology to constantly monitor what people say and do there's plenty of room to grow as characters. And when you consider his own friend turned into a Titan there's no reason for him to be scared of anyone who looks for truth seekers. Seriously this whole theme was poor. They were all part of the Survey Corps who do nothing but search for the truth. It's not even worth mentioning

Armins lack in confidence has been done THRICE too, this season he gets finally recognized as a mastermind by Erwin and then loses all confidence again because he couldnt foresee what a fucking titan soldier did? I'm tired of it, it's ilogicall

Historia is just the queen in the background now who cares. Her punching or kicking Levi is the most cringiest thing in AoT by far, maybe second to Mikasa her rape face when Eren complimented Historia. badly adapted sure

EsquirtitMay 21, 2019 9:41 PM
poop
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.