Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 20, 2019 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
I was actually interested in seeing this!
May 20, 2019 8:24 PM

Sep 2014
And what's stopping you to watch this exactly???
May 21, 2019 2:13 AM

Mar 2018
I think it's worth more than that. Just ignore the score and give it a chance.
May 21, 2019 7:17 AM
May 2019
I would just ignore the score, and this goes for all anime. Watch it first, and decide if *you* like it.
May 21, 2019 1:22 PM
Jan 2019
Animeismylifebo said:
I would just ignore the score, and this goes for all anime. Watch it first, and decide if *you* like it.

That defeats the point of scoring...
newbies tend to watch Anime with high scores....
May 21, 2019 1:29 PM
May 2019
nothing_kayo said:
Animeismylifebo said:

nothing_kayo said:
Animeismylifebo said:

But just because something has a low score doesn't mean that you can't like it.
May 21, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
I hope it isn't some dull as hell anime where only 5 minutes out of each episode has any relevance and whatever plot there is runs in circles with no characters to compensate. But yeah I will watch it eventually.
May 21, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
No one is inflating the score, and more hardcore anime fans are watching it as the people who have it on their list is pretty low. I wouldn't worry about the score, it probably isn't actually bad to those who watched. They just found it to be average or a little above, so it's possible the show is still good.

A show I scored an 8 only has a 6.28 and 4,000 people completing it (https://myanimelist.net/anime/34550/Warau_Salesman_New).
May 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Jul 2017
6.13 6.06 now gosh get ur facts strait

Road to < 6
Short_CircutMay 31, 2019 4:05 PM
May 21, 2019 2:49 PM
May 2017
I don't care too much about the score, still it is quite sad to see.
At this point this isn't about the show anymore, it is MAL community that is rating itself. The community has failed the IQ test.
May 23, 2019 4:43 AM

Oct 2018
I always use MAL rating as reference before watching new show.

From my limited experience not all high rating anime actually good or at the very least i liked, Sword art online come to mind, a horrible anime with decent score here.

But Low rating here in MAL is definitely a really bad show, so yeah i am gonna trust the community judgment in this.
May 23, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
Imagine lacking agency this much.
あなたは誰?
May 24, 2019 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
I suggest, as many like to do, watch anywhere from two to three episodes first before you decide if it's worth continuing or not.
臭い-
May 27, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
To be perfectly blunt (if we’re talking about MAL mean scores), the anime isn’t nearly as bad as it’s rating makes it out to be. I’ve seen much, MUCH worse anime rated higher.

It’s still not “good,” but I still think if there is anything about this anime that piques your interest, then give it a shot. I’ve watched eight episodes and normally if an anime is atrocious after four or five episodes, I drop it. I haven’t dropped this yet, but I’ll openly admit this anime doesn’t really have any “strengths.” It’s just an okay fantasy series with a convoluted plot that’s too quickly paced for its plot to get properly hashed out. I feel like P.A. Works wrote this thinking people would immediately get sucked into the world of Zesskia, but the world is far too nuanced for that to happen.

I think between all the time skips and location jumping without a whole lot of development, it’s hard to get the viewers to care about anyone or anything in this world.
May 31, 2019 3:08 PM
May 2018
Why rating is 6.?? I think.. this anime not bad as rating like..... I was enjoy watching this... Sory Rip English XD
Jun 1, 2019 7:42 PM

Aug 2017
Now, its 6.05 lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2019 8:35 AM
May 2017
MAL community is Cancer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 2, 2019 11:57 AM

Sep 2015
I didn't like it very much and I think it's not completely bad, just lame. But I'm really surprised to see that more people agree with me and how it keep going down. I hope P.A. Works learn their leason and stop wasting such amazing drawings and animation with such generic projects. Don't get me wrong, I think its alright to have generic stuff, but its a crime to a waste a good studio with that.
Jun 2, 2019 1:39 PM
Apr 2016
Hey it got 6.05. Just a bit more and it will enter the realm of mediocrity it struggles to exit, but kind of belongs to.
Re:formed
Jun 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Dec 2015
Bit weird compared to Sirius - which was from the same studio but a lot worse in regards to the plot. Sirius ist at 7.xx.

Should be better than Sirius ant be at about 7.5.

I guess people care more about action than plot. Yeah the plot here is much slower - and too slow for my taste - compared to Sirius. But at least I understand what is going on. What comes with the slow plot: Less action than I'd like to see. (And people more focussing on action might score it a lot lower because of this.)
Jun 2, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2018
Fairy Gone deserves something between 6 & 6.5 in my opinion. It ain't that bad (considering bad means a score under 5) but it ain't very good either. An average show for now !

I'm actually afraid that it gets better in the late / very-late episode (16th or 20th episode) but at this stage, many viewers would have had already dropped it. We'll see !
Jun 2, 2019 7:53 PM
Sep 2016
it's a niche show that takes a bit to get into but is worth your time if you're able to get invested in it. Aggregate scores are by no means objective.
Jun 2, 2019 7:54 PM

Mar 2016
Let’s just say that this show is now “Fairly Gone” xD
Jun 2, 2019 8:03 PM

Jan 2019
Ryuseishun said:

pun indeed, beside i not watching this shows until the season end. i hear some of the cg is very bad. but i still gonna watch it with a "3 episode rules" tho. also the rating is 6.04 now rofl.
Jun 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Feb 2019
BasshunterDOTA said:
Ryuseishun said:

pun indeed, beside i not watching this shows until the season end. i hear some of the cg is very bad. but i still gonna watch it with a "3 episode rules" tho. also the rating is 6.04 now rofl.

The CGI is not on the level of uoftable and Demon Slayer, but it is not that bad. It's not Overlord 3 levels of bad.

The show is actually decent. It's not a masterpiece so far, but it is better than a bunch of shows that have higher ratings.

I think some of the low ratings have to do with the slow plot build up. Also I think there are a lot of JoJo fans who are rating it low because they think the Fairies are just copying Stands. But no one ever seems to complain when yet another mecha show comes around. I love JoJo, but Fairy Gone is more different compared to JoJo than Darling in the Franxx is compared to Evangelion.

If you are waiting until it is over to view it, I would ignore the reviews of people who have only watched 3-4 episodes and focus on the reviews of people who have watched the entire series.
Jun 3, 2019 5:59 PM
Apr 2013
If I remember correctly, I rated it like a 6.6 rounded to 7. It's by no means bad, and I don't dislike it, but there are certainly better (and worse) shows out there.

SupervisorHasira said:
I always use MAL rating as reference before watching new show.

From my limited experience not all high rating anime actually good or at the very least i liked, Sword art online come to mind, a horrible anime with decent score here.

But Low rating here in MAL is definitely a really bad show, so yeah i am gonna trust the community judgment in this.

As for that, I definitely found some hidden gems I enjoyed quite a lot in the 6-7 range, which a lot of people already consider as basically cancer. And like you said, there is a lot of stuff in the Top 100 list (or higher rated anime in general) that makes me wanna pulverize the anime community as a whole.

My rule of thump by now is: 'If I see something in an anime that piques my interest, be it a nice summary, a catchy opening, or a neat art style, I just watch it. Usually 3 episodes are enough to see if I am going to like it.'

And from what I see/read/hear in the community, most people use some kind of 3 episodes rule. Or split it into some form of (Dropped after first episode/after three episodes/watched completely).
Jun 4, 2019 1:42 AM

Aug 2018
Now he has 6.03 lol
Jun 4, 2019 2:05 AM

Mar 2014
This show is not mind blowing midldy speaking but I still enjoy it.

Maybe people who expected action focused anime are giving bad grades. With me it's quite opposite - Im pleasantly suprised that this show has some politics in it. It's not that common so Im always ready to give a credit of trust when a show offers me some political intrigue.

But the problem is it's all presented in a confusing way. I want to like this show becouse of it's interesting premise but I just can't honestly do that.
Jun 9, 2019 11:33 AM
Feb 2012
6.00 now if you were to graph this you will get a perfect downward trending graph
Jun 9, 2019 11:44 AM
Apr 2016
ahneeme said:
6.00 now if you were to graph this you will get a perfect downward trending graph

Again, justly so. Though 6.00, in terms of statistics, would be a worthy and earned score for this series. I like it, and precisely because I like it I can see all the rough corners and flaws.
Jun 10, 2019 8:52 AM

Aug 2018
6.00 is exactly the mark I gave so that quite satisfies me eheh
Jun 10, 2019 11:49 AM
Oct 2016
5.99 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2019 1:29 PM
May 2015
Despite the score though, I do enjoy watching this show every week but I also understand why this show has such a low score. The plot is all over the place and it's jumping from one point to another, which makes it really hard to follow.

It seems like all this show cares about is showing us the cool fight scenes. At least, the show ain't boring to watch :/

Jun 16, 2019 11:51 AM
Nov 2018
I watched it before I saw the rating and I dropped it
I never really watch anything below a 7 because it’s usually a waste of time when I could be watching better shows that are on my bottomless pit plan to watch list
Jun 16, 2019 1:11 PM
Apr 2016
Bankroll said:
I watched it before I saw the rating and I dropped it
I never really watch anything below a 7 because it’s usually a waste of time when I could be watching better shows that are on my bottomless pit plan to watch list

Your assumptions are wrong here, some quite decent series (as in profound and with worthy story) are avoided by the public (read: mass) and voted not as highly as some "catch-all" action series. Blindly believing into the UNDENIABLE AUTHORITY of the mass is a shortcoming, and quite a narrow-minded thing to do.
What I want to say, is that you should yourself gather information and ONLY THEN agree or disagree with the mass. Usually better disagree though. Because, grey-mass.
Jun 16, 2019 4:21 PM

Feb 2017
Now that it's finally gone below 6 I'm more willing to give shows with a 5.X rating a chance.
Jun 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Jul 2016
It just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down. Looks like the score will continue to lower lol
Jun 16, 2019 4:26 PM

Oct 2017
camy85 said:
MAL community is Cancer ¯_(ツ)_/¯

There's beauty in the fact that this comment is this users only post. It's like... If I could post only one thing on MAL, I would probably post this. Maximum value. Nothing more needs to be said.

OT: I stopped after four episodes so I could save up to binge. Didn't think the weekly wait helped this one. So I haven't seen most of the season but I don't think that average score reflects how good it is. I mean it would make sense if people weren't in the habit of giving high scores. I would give it a 6. Better than average but not by much. But to have the user average at only 6 is... really low. Kinda surprised.
YossaRedMageJun 16, 2019 4:36 PM
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 17, 2019 12:13 AM
Mar 2018
6=Fine. I have to catch up with some episodes but from what I've watched it can hardly be something higher than 6.
Jun 17, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2016
Animeismylifebo said:
nothing_kayo said:

nothing_kayo said:

I'm a perfect example of someone absolutely loving an Anime with a low score. I love School Days and it recently dipped into an upper score of 5.9. So anyone can love everything it's just a matter of taste.
Jun 17, 2019 4:17 PM
May 2019
Nezuko_Cypress said:
Animeismylifebo said:

I'm a perfect example of someone absolutely loving an Anime with a low score. I love School Days and it recently dipped into an upper score of 5.9. So anyone can love everything it's just a matter of taste.

Absolutetly, I would put Mirai Nikki in my top 5, yet that show gets a lot of hate. I just don't care, if I like a show, I like a show.
Jan 4, 2020 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
nothing_kayo said:
Animeismylifebo said:

Nope it doesn't because Westerns scores are Futile , Meaningless
JP Scores is the original ones all the Westerns scores in this site are their Opinion, Nothing more

JP scores is the real ones.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

72 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.