Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
May 20, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2017
First of all, I want to specify I watched 1-3 eps a day of this anime bc Im pretty busy with school these times...

Anyway, I really enjoyed this anime, especially first season... Buuuuuuut... I'm very very very confused.
I have 3 things to ask.

1. Why the murders on the Watanagashi festival? I don't recall any answer to this question in the anime... Like I understand that they were probably killed by some people with the disease of Hinamizawa (like how happened with Satoko) but why that specific day?

2. First season, last episode of the 2nd hen, Watanagashi-hen... Why did Shion/Mion appear on the last seconds of the arc and tried to kill Maebara? Weren't those 2 dead? Like completely dead?

3. Ok so... basically everything? I mean... Oyashiro-sama and the curse/disease? Who is Hanyuu/Oyashiro-sama? When does the insect disease thing started and how? Im really confused on this one...

I didn't already watched Rei because it seems that the main seasons are the first one and Kai so I think that Rei will not explain these things...
I'm also pretty sad because on Kai there was basically no Maebara, he was pretty cool in the answer arc of Onigafuchi...

sorry for my bad english btw.
Jun 12, 2019 12:14 PM
Aug 2018
Kuro_Neko04 said:
First of all, I want to specify I watched 1-3 eps a day of this anime bc Im pretty busy with school these times...

Anyway, I really enjoyed this anime, especially first season... Buuuuuuut... I'm very very very confused.
I have 3 things to ask.

1. Why the murders on the Watanagashi festival? I don't recall any answer to this question in the anime... Like I understand that they were probably killed by some people with the disease of Hinamizawa (like how happened with Satoko) but why that specific day?

2. First season, last episode of the 2nd hen, Watanagashi-hen... Why did Shion/Mion appear on the last seconds of the arc and tried to kill Maebara? Weren't those 2 dead? Like completely dead?

3. Ok so... basically everything? I mean... Oyashiro-sama and the curse/disease? Who is Hanyuu/Oyashiro-sama? When does the insect disease thing started and how? Im really confused on this one...

I didn't already watched Rei because it seems that the main seasons are the first one and Kai so I think that Rei will not explain these things...
I'm also pretty sad because on Kai there was basically no Maebara, he was pretty cool in the answer arc of Onigafuchi...

sorry for my bad english btw.

1. The first murder was thought to be caused by curse of Oyahiro. Since then Takano purposefully killed people during the festival to pass it off as the curse of oyashiro and forward it. Satoshi did the same thing

2. Yes Shion and Mion were dead. So either of them didn't actually appear. Keichi's Hinamizawa syndrome activated and he was hallucinating

3. Ok, this is gonna be a long one. The disease is not related to Oyashiro's curse. Who Hanyu is, is never apparent. There are various legends surrounding her. From her being a demon to an alien. Rika admitted that even after 100 years she doesn't understand Hanyu's origins and existence. One thing though, demons and magic actually exist in Higurashi universe. So it's possible she's a demon. Basically she came to the village to live a happy life but was treated as an outcast because of her horns. Priest of Furude shrine fell in love with her, married her and had a child. Now various people in Hinamizawa fell victim to the Hinamizawa syndrom. Now the the origin of the virus is likely alien but again, it's never apparent. So Hanyu gave the cure to the disease to the villagers. But the villagers became selfish and wanted to use it for their own gains. So Hanyuu went into a blind rage destroying everything in the village. Later, she told her daughter to sacrifice her. That should be it. There is a lot more to the story though and it's been a long time since i last played the vn and watched the anime. So i could be misremembering things. There is a when they cry wiki. I urge you to check it.

As for rei, i don't think if you'll find it significant if you haven't played umineko

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.