Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion

May 25, 4:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

These last few episodes been focusing solely on this battle, the pacing has slowed down alot, but it also helps to see it all this detail, tense.

Almost feels like cheating that Beast Titan has all those brains and power, but this was never a fair fight either.

Hearing Bertholdt saying they all have to die, accept their extermination, is just a bunch of BS, zero lack of emphaty for this asshole.

Erwin is the man right now, what a development these characters been having, I think I will legit cry next episode...

May 25, 5:40 PM

Beautiful. This episode was simply beautiful. It truly left me speechless, therefore I will refrain from commenting it vastly. I can only say that art, animation, direction, atmosphere, dialogues etc. in my oppinion were definitely 11/10. ;-)

Every next episode is better than the previous one and we are not even in the middle of this cour. I'm excited to think how will this Season's finale look like.

May 25, 5:48 PM
Playcool said:
These last few episodes been focusing solely on this battle, the pacing has slowed down alot, but it also helps to see it all this detail, tense.

Almost feels like cheating that Beast Titan has all those brains and power, but this was never a fair fight either.

Hearing Bertholdt saying they all have to die, accept their extermination, is just a bunch of BS, zero lack of emphaty for this asshole.

Erwin is the man right now, what a development these characters been having, I think I will legit cry next episode...

The pacing may seem slow, but its actually adapting two chapters per ep, which is like around 80 pages of content, haha, which is perfect pacing for this arc

May 26, 10:08 AM

SASAGEYO TO YOUR DEATH BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

May 26, 11:58 AM

This episode makes you rage so hard in a good way. RIP the Scouts

May 27, 2:50 PM

That was... fabulous.

May 28, 11:10 PM
:D

OMG That was one of the best episodes of anime I've seen in a while. Erwin is such an amazing character. I just sat there in awe watching the ED until it was over.

RAGE, MY SOLDIERS!
SCREAM, MY SOLDIERS!
FIGHT, MY SOLDIERS!

Goddamn, I can't get over how fantastic that speech was!!

May 29, 6:13 PM

Uwaahhhh many survey cops got died again :( Erwin :(
まだまだだね ~

May 31, 11:35 AM

Erwin's moment in the manga was really great and the anime is sure doing him justice.
RIP once again you badass mofo.

Jun 15, 9:07 PM
Man... Why the heck did I have to let myself like Erwin? It all started with the end of season 2. He had earned my respect and I began to see him as a likable and admirable character... This episode really hurt.

Jun 16, 12:16 PM

This speech was even better in the dub. My god that was amazing.

Jun 17, 3:10 AM
That was a depressing episode. Watching all those scouts die...

And the ending was unbearable. There's no way they can kill Erwin (the commander), he's one of the coolest characters :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jun 18, 4:55 AM

Connie’s joke at the beginning was hilariously corny.

It was heartbreaking seeing Erwin giving up on his dream.

Rip Erwin.

Jun 18, 10:40 AM

Commander Erwin and the suicide charge, talk about bleak chances fudge! Astounding episode, yet again!

On the other hand, the (Plot) Armoured Titan is back on his feet too and Armin still out of ideas so it’s nearly Perfect Game, great choice of title! To matters worse for that half, Hange Squad is seemingly assumed to be annihilated. Eren being kicked off to the top of wall was bloody shocking though, the God Colossal Titan is beyond human and titan comprehension alike. Yikes, nasty stuff with the bloody effect of the fallen Survey Corps meanwhile. Captain Levi makes his choice and it’s time to see the Survey Corps getting the total annihilation treatment. Seeing the fallen soldiers already is just so heartbreaking and knowing that there’s going to be a bunch more to that list is .. daunting, to say the least. I’m glad the anime-only viewers highly enjoyed this episode too but the real controversy begins later so looking forward to seeing how that’s adapted. I, myself, honestly found it a little cheesy and off-putting (thanks to the plot armoured titan, it really just pissed me off to no end).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 6, 7:52 AM

So many death flags about Erwin I think it was time lol.

Jul 6, 9:18 AM
This episode left me more speechless than the last.
After my birthday diner I'm going to watch some more of this.

Jul 6, 10:09 PM

The amount of feelings you get from AoT is beyond words. Tbh I have never seen a more hopeless situation as this one for Eren and Co. Not only that they can't do shit against Berthold, now also Reiner is fully recovered and not even Armin has any idea what they could do. He kicked Eren like a football to the top of the wall.

And to make it even worse, on the other side of the wall almost the whole squad got rekt by the Beast Titan who made some throw exercises with rocks....

I feel so bad for Erwin :(
But his speech was brilliant. I don't think it could have been done better. Imagine you being in this situation and you have to tell all these young peope they have to die, so that future generations will maybe survive and Levi has a chance to kill the Beast Titan. Already in season 2 I thought Erwin would die and he lost his arm but now the death flag is so big, I don't think he will make it out alive.

I'm sweating from this episode and I heard the next one is one of the best episode of AoT. Let's see what they got.

Jul 7, 10:39 AM

Woahhh nice plan Erwin but why?

Jul 9, 11:41 AM

Noooo not Erwin :(

Crap, they're all dying because of that OP Beast Titan with those mad pitching skills.

Jul 14, 5:51 AM

Oh my god that Beast Titan is a piece of shit!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jul 16, 9:12 AM

This episode was pure despair... They all desperately tried to counterattack against the Colossal Titan and Beast Titan without having a well-thought out plan in mind because of the unimaginable pressure and complete lack of information and everything they tried to do backfired. A majority of the soldiers in the inner wall were wiped out with Eren being rendered unconscious after he tried to throw Bertholdt out of balance, all of the experienced soldiers except for Levi and Erwin were shredded to death by Zeke's perfect scatter pitches, and both Armin and Erwin were at their wits' end.

The only thing left for the Commander was to abandon all hope of seeing what's in the basement and lead a death charge towards the Beast Titan as Levi uses the other Titans to get in close. It was very thrilling seeing them pull off their last operation but that last part where the tremendous risk finally showed its effects was utterly devastating. His last speech to the new recruits about deciding the meaning of their fallen comrades' lives was so inspiring that it made me cry.

Jul 16, 1:08 PM
God of the Realm

damn shits gettin real
Facta Non Verba

Jul 17, 3:59 AM

Goddamn this episode. Goddamn. It's just too much.
Duterte did 9/11

Yesterday, 1:00 PM
Yare Yare Daze

Daisuke Ono did Erwin's speech justice. It was perfect.
Modified by Haptism93, Yesterday, 1:04 PM
"Sometimes not being punched hurts worse."

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

Preview MangaManga Store