Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
This speech was even better in the dub. My god that was amazing.
Jun 17, 2019 3:10 AM

Feb 2019
That was a depressing episode. Watching all those scouts die...

And the ending was unbearable. There's no way they can kill Erwin (the commander), he's one of the coolest characters :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 18, 2019 4:55 AM

Dec 2013
Connie’s joke at the beginning was hilariously corny.

It was heartbreaking seeing Erwin giving up on his dream.

Rip Erwin.
Jun 18, 2019 10:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Commander Erwin and the suicide charge, talk about bleak chances fudge! Astounding episode, yet again!

On the other hand, the (Plot) Armoured Titan is back on his feet too and Armin still out of ideas so it’s nearly Perfect Game, great choice of title! To matters worse for that half, Hange Squad is seemingly assumed to be annihilated. Eren being kicked off to the top of wall was bloody shocking though, the God Colossal Titan is beyond human and titan comprehension alike. Yikes, nasty stuff with the bloody effect of the fallen Survey Corps meanwhile. Captain Levi makes his choice and it’s time to see the Survey Corps getting the total annihilation treatment. Seeing the fallen soldiers already is just so heartbreaking and knowing that there’s going to be a bunch more to that list is .. daunting, to say the least. I’m glad the anime-only viewers highly enjoyed this episode too but the real controversy begins later so looking forward to seeing how that’s adapted. I, myself, honestly found it a little cheesy and off-putting (thanks to the plot armoured titan, it really just pissed me off to no end).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 6, 2019 7:52 AM

Jan 2015
So many death flags about Erwin I think it was time lol.
Jul 6, 2019 9:18 AM
Nov 2015
This episode left me more speechless than the last.
After my birthday diner I'm going to watch some more of this.
Jul 6, 2019 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
The amount of feelings you get from AoT is beyond words. Tbh I have never seen a more hopeless situation as this one for Eren and Co. Not only that they can't do shit against Berthold, now also Reiner is fully recovered and not even Armin has any idea what they could do. He kicked Eren like a football to the top of the wall.

And to make it even worse, on the other side of the wall almost the whole squad got rekt by the Beast Titan who made some throw exercises with rocks....

I feel so bad for Erwin :(
But his speech was brilliant. I don't think it could have been done better. Imagine you being in this situation and you have to tell all these young peope they have to die, so that future generations will maybe survive and Levi has a chance to kill the Beast Titan. Already in season 2 I thought Erwin would die and he lost his arm but now the death flag is so big, I don't think he will make it out alive.

I'm sweating from this episode and I heard the next one is one of the best episode of AoT. Let's see what they got.

Jul 7, 2019 10:39 AM

Feb 2018
Woahhh nice plan Erwin but why?
Jul 9, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2012
Noooo not Erwin :(

Crap, they're all dying because of that OP Beast Titan with those mad pitching skills.
Jul 14, 2019 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
Oh my god that Beast Titan is a piece of shit!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 16, 2019 9:12 AM

May 2016
This episode was pure despair... They all desperately tried to counterattack against the Colossal Titan and Beast Titan without having a well-thought out plan in mind because of the unimaginable pressure and complete lack of information and everything they tried to do backfired. A majority of the soldiers in the inner wall were wiped out with Eren being rendered unconscious after he tried to throw Bertholdt out of balance, all of the experienced soldiers except for Levi and Erwin were shredded to death by Zeke's perfect scatter pitches, and both Armin and Erwin were at their wits' end.

The only thing left for the Commander was to abandon all hope of seeing what's in the basement and lead a death charge towards the Beast Titan as Levi uses the other Titans to get in close. It was very thrilling seeing them pull off their last operation but that last part where the tremendous risk finally showed its effects was utterly devastating. His last speech to the new recruits about deciding the meaning of their fallen comrades' lives was so inspiring that it made me cry.

Jul 16, 2019 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
damn shits gettin real
Facta Non Verba
Jul 17, 2019 3:59 AM

Jul 2013
Goddamn this episode. Goddamn. It's just too much.
Jul 21, 2019 1:00 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Daisuke Ono did Erwin's speech justice. It was perfect.
Haptism93Jul 21, 2019 1:04 PM

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 28, 2019 5:24 AM

Dec 2018
It's convenient that none of the rock's rabble hits Levi.

Oh Erwin, the way you said that it's gonna be their 'final' operation. Erwin expect all of them to die.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 13, 2019 8:51 PM
Jan 2019
Meh
What an idiot trying to push something that almost 5times ur height and when eren was kicked i laugh so hard like wtf man do u want some asspull to come like sudden power awakening u could push colossal? Lmao
And that suicidal charge lmao i feel nothing but laugh. They could retreat right? Worst decision by erwin, just selfish commander and the worst ever tbh
Aug 13, 2019 10:34 PM

Aug 2019
cockblockpolice said:
Meh
What an idiot trying to push something that almost 5times ur height and when eren was kicked i laugh so hard like wtf man do u want some asspull to come like sudden power awakening u could push colossal? Lmao
And that suicidal charge lmao i feel nothing but laugh. They could retreat right? Worst decision by erwin, just selfish commander and the worst ever tbh

They couldn't retreat. They were penned in from the front via the Beast Titan and his pure titans, and via the back through the Colossal and Armored Titans. If you'd paid attention to the previous 2-3 episodes, it was strategically played this way to ensure they couldn't get out.

There was no asspull. An asspull would have been for Eren to have successfully done anything about the Colossal Titan given it was over 6 times his height and much much heavier. It was exactly how you would expect it to play out. He got trashed.

I don't think you quite know the definition of what an asspull is.
Aug 13, 2019 11:28 PM

Oct 2013
xenosys said:
cockblockpolice said:
Meh

They couldn't retreat. They were penned in from the front via the Beast Titan and his pure titans, and via the back through the Colossal and Armored Titans. If you'd paid attention to the previous 2-3 episodes, it was strategically played this way to ensure they couldn't get out.

There was no asspull. An asspull would have been for Eren to have successfully done anything about the Colossal Titan given it was over 6 times his height and much much heavier. It was exactly how you would expect it to play out. He got trashed.

I don't think you quite know the definition of what an asspull is.

You are wasting your time, this alt account 6 hours ago was having heated discussion with attack on Titan fans regarding kimetsu being Aoty and better than attack on Titan, so now he come here with all the bias in his mind and hatred towards snk and the fans to put negative comments on the episode discussion.

That is so immature.😂🤣
Oct 27, 2019 7:03 PM

Jun 2017
I laughed so hard when they were making fun of Bertolt. But other than that this episode is quite sad, all those soldiers riding to die. Idk what I would've done if I was in that situation.
Nov 16, 2019 2:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fight to the death, damn, this episode was just outstanding, I have no words.
Jan 11, 2020 4:53 AM

Aug 2018
Erwin you did your job
Its time for Eren's team to finish this fucking nightmare

This ep is soo sad
The enemy really cornered them
Its just a matter of time that they all die
So they will die fighting and hoping to succeed
What a great ep
The stakes were so high on this season compare to last seasons and they against all odd
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 27, 2020 10:05 PM

Mar 2019
I love Erwin's character he is so inspirational and devoted.
May 15, 2020 11:20 AM

May 2020
His speech. That was epic, apparently the best speeches I've ever heard. I mean, he literally persuaded everyone of them into heading towards their deaths.
May 26, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2017
that was epic. Erwin's my fav of aot characters for now.

idk why but this discussion is not shown in the forum for me

got here through a link sent by another user. so idk if it's only me facing the problem?
Jun 10, 2020 7:58 AM

Oct 2019
Damn that was such a moving speech..it sent chills down my spine..Erwin you really were a born leader and you're gonna die true to that word..

There is a lot of avenging to do damn it..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Aug 2, 2020 1:56 PM

Mar 2019
Ah fuck, he got Erwin :( . The speech was hype but whyyy
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 11, 2020 7:20 PM
May 2020
It was just so good.

Erwin's scene have to be one of the best of anime. The tragic conversation about his dream with Levi,the soldiers getting desperate, that final harangue, the voice acting, Levi flying througout titans and watching his comrades die, everything was just so great.

On another note, Eren just getting kicked against the wall was such a bad move from the Survey Corps, I mean, what were they expecting? lol.
Aug 25, 2020 11:15 AM

Feb 2019
I just can't..

This is too heartbreaking, all these deaths ...

Erwin's speech is phenomenal, the man is phenomenal.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 4, 2020 4:09 AM

Mar 2016
The battle is near its climax, humanity's army is getting desperate and for that, Erwin must lead him and his subordinates to their graves. A noble sacrifice for a man who's willing to abandon his dreams. The burden of the fallen comrades is now inherited by Levi aw yeah.

Erwin AKA Jotaro VS Ape titan AKA Dio! The battle between the 2 has yet again begun. And as always, Jotaro is the one approaching Dio.
Oct 24, 2020 1:43 AM

Jun 2020
ERWIN T_____________________________________________T

brilliantly haunting episode. this has got to be my favourite arc & season yet. it's fucking insane.

give up your dream and die....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 8, 2020 8:28 PM

Jul 2017
Bertolt really just yeeted Eren. Erwin did a good job on his speech, and leading his soldiers into the charge. Kudos to the Beast Titan for his aim though. What a good pitcher

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 14, 2020 2:38 PM

Feb 2020
CHILLS LITERAL CHILLS FROM THAT ENDING poor erwin, i only started liking him this season because i used to think he had a hidden agenda but i realised all he wanted was to know the truth of the world. but wow wow wow what a speech. chills.

also can the colossal titan see the future? as in it can predict attacks??? that's certainly handy. it's also very handy that reiner is back up EYEROLL i wonder how they will defeat him

NEXT EP PLEASE KILL THE BEAST TITAN LEVI PLEASE DO IT even though i'm still so curious as to who he is and his backstory and what his goals are but come on levi!!!!!!1 pull through my dude

also where is hange and her squad :(
Dec 7, 2020 3:41 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, the beast titan nearly killed all the troops outside the wall
Dec 12, 2020 7:19 PM

Sep 2017
this is one of the best if not the best episodes of the entire series.
Dec 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
Even I feel inspired to fight when Erwin speak. I really hope he survives this and finally get the chance to see the basement.
Dec 29, 2020 1:49 PM

Aug 2018
Wow I can't even describe how powerful and natural this episode felt, I've seen quite a few anime with dark moments and deaths but none of them made me care so much for barely appearing on screen character deaths. It actually feels like every single death out there has big meaning. Erwins final speech was breathtaking and the soldiers reactions were as expected. You just know hes an outstanding commander, when he can convince barely expierenced people to sacrifice their lifes for sake of humanity.

This was insane episode, easily had one of the most powerfull moments in the series,

R.I.P Erwin

Dec 30, 2020 8:11 AM

Sep 2020
What a chad erwin,giving up to going to basement and instead sacrificing himself,F.
Jan 9, 2021 7:18 PM

Nov 2007
Ya all being like rip erwin....my manz is not dead yet, hold your horses

anyway, i am about to join some war after that speech brb
Jan 10, 2021 12:21 AM

Nov 2020
This was phenomenal. This episode blew me away. Perfect Game was indeed perfect. I'll get to Erwin Smith in a minute, but damn Levi Squad vs The Colossal Titan was incredible as well. They did such an amazing job showing the desperation and anxiety of both Levi Squad and Erwin with the recruits. It was great seeing the 2D Colossal Titan again. It mixed really well with the CGI.

Beast Titan throwing boulders and slaughtering the Scouts was painful to watch. Everything with Erwin and Levi were some of the best moments of TV I've seen. Erwin's conversation about his dream with Levi, the recruits breaking down, Erwin's masterful final speech, Levi watching his comrades die, and of course the final scene with the suicide charge. Words can't describe how i felt watching it.

The storytelling was on another level. For awhile the series showed us how Erwin has used the Scouts to get close to his dream. After being selfish for so long, he finally decided to choose humanity over himself. The VA by Daisuke Ono was award worthy. This episode and the two that followed are some of the best anime episodes, if not the best ever written.
Jan 17, 2021 7:48 PM

May 2020
I love Erwin Smith. He's probably going to die but he's sacrifice will change the story forever

Also hype for Levi
Jan 18, 2021 5:22 AM
Jan 2020

PepeHands Their deaths were hopefully not in vain. ;(
Jan 18, 2021 9:36 PM
Dec 2020
Erwin speech is masterpiece
Jan 22, 2021 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
I have not been sold on Erwin this entire series right until this shift in his character arc from "more experienced Armin" to "desperate commander willing to sacrifice everything to know the truth." Between him and Kenny, I will give this series credit for nailing unique character motivations. That speech at the end was chilling. This was a beautiful, painful episode and I am sad.
ZadionJan 22, 2021 5:37 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 26, 2021 4:28 PM
Mar 2020
KatsutoSaki said:
Ah, finally the speech I've been waiting for. This was the best episode so far.

Agreed. One of the most chilling and powerful speeches i've heard
Jan 30, 2021 7:44 AM

Dec 2008
The most powerful speech I have ever heard. I have chills.

R.I.P Erwin, I'm glad that you went out like an absolute badass you are.
A true commander until the end. Giving up on a dream that motivated you all your life just so you could leave humanity one less enemy is worthy of respect,
Feb 6, 2021 3:28 AM
Nov 2017
Damn that ending
This is getting good
That final speech and the soldiers screaming DAYUM
Feb 6, 2021 9:21 AM
Aug 2020
Erwin is the greatest leader ever <3 :')
Mar 12, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2020
This episode is one of the few episodes that I never get tired of watching it

The man who gave up his dream....

#Erwin forever

#Perfect Game
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 23, 2021 7:23 AM
Sep 2020
La única palabra que describe este capítulo es "épico"
Mar 23, 2021 11:17 AM
Mar 2021
Zadion said:
I have not been sold on Erwin this entire series right until this shift in his character arc from "more experienced Armin" to "desperate commander willing to sacrifice everything to know the truth." Between him and Kenny, I will give this series credit for nailing unique character motivations. That speech at the end was chilling. This was a beautiful, painful episode and I am sad.
You would understand more during rewatch
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.