Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
May 18, 6:55 PM
Funseco said:
Nice.
I dont think it can get worse than cgi titans, cgi horses, cgi colossal titan and cgi rod reiss
Next studio is lucky since there will be no horses to animate

Man shut up you are acting like any studio can do aot justice instead of wit. You are ungreatudl brat.

May 18, 7:45 PM
Lala Deviluke❤️

And here I was looking forward to the upcoming seasons... guess, I don't need to anymore.

May 18, 8:01 PM

Not really a problem if another studio takes over. Season 3 has been underwhelming in production quality. Just give it to anyone who can make it look like S1 and S2. Season 4 might not even need it though depending on where the story goes.

May 18, 8:19 PM

Snkmasterpiece said:
Funseco said:
Nice.
I dont think it can get worse than cgi titans, cgi horses, cgi colossal titan and cgi rod reiss

Man shut up you are acting like any studio can do aot justice instead of wit. You are ungreatudl brat.
Also funny how they try to slander WIT when Madbox does the CGI

May 18, 9:46 PM

I'd rather have one season in every 3 years than having it turn it into a disaster like opm2

May 18, 10:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

May 18, 11:06 PM

As of now, it’s just a rumour really. It’s been bustling around the net and even more so thanks to Yonkou Productions’ latest claim, but I won’t budge until I get an official announcement.

Source of this, for those who’re unaware by the way, is some Chinese blogger of a Chinese site who claims to have some sort of a connection with Wit Studio themselves or something of that sort.

Wit Studio have done an excellent job with handling this project so far. Mind you, Wit Studio is a small Studio currently and they’re working with three to four other projects simultaneously(Vinland Saga with 24 Episodes is enough to to make this statement clear) so stunning animation throughout is pretty much a far-fetched dream.

I have to agree, however, that Shingeki no Kyojin deserves perhaps better than what it gets from Wit Studio but that’s not to say any other Studio can deliver what Wit’s been doing over the years. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 1 had some awful animation during its tv airing period but there was a lot of improvement in the Blu-Rays (and I mean a lot!), that just goes to show how dedicated the Studio is for this series. Having wonderful and crisp animation with bland directing and the sort is not any better y’know, rather I’d say that’d be worse imo.

Anyway, if it really does happen, we all know crystal clear that Production I.G. will simply just pick this up in its entirety then. Being part of the Production Committee for such a hit series is sure to create loads of cash and surely they wouldn’t be hesitant to keep it going. Production I.G. is the best solution too I have to admit, we need this Director Araki Tetsurou and the Staff there(with a few from Wit too probably as the Studios are pretty much parent-child) would probably have the money and time to deliver better but I’d rather not risk it really.

Production Committees-san, please just give Wit Studio a couple of years for one big Season to end the franchise! I hate to admit it, but this franchise is probably killing and torturing Wit Studio in a few ways now so an appropriate time interval will do them much better and the end results for you too.
And if not, then Production I.G., ya better deliver!

keragamming said:

Sometimes we don't appreciate something until it is gone and that is true in a lot of things.

Exactly this!
Modified by _MushiRock11_, May 18, 11:19 PM

May 18, 11:32 PM
tzarye14 said:
deg said:
i just notice people care more about the studio again more than the big possibility the talented staff of this anime franchise is gonna quit for good on this project, remember majority of animators and talents on the anime industry are freelancers that only hired by the anime studio for example
Most people care for the studio because if it ends up being IG the studio chosen then the probability of the staff remaining the same is much much higher than any other studio.
WIT is still a sub studio of IG just so you know.

ye i know i said it earlier here
deg said:

ye my guess is that Production IG will take over too since they are affiliated with WIT studio

i also said this
deg said:

but i doubt everything will be the same since the talented staff is what matters and it seems they are burned out already and high chance they are the ones that said they quit already and move on to other anime projects

May 18, 11:40 PM
HyperL said:
I fear for the animation of course, but I fear the most for the directing.

WIT has always done a great job portraying the feelings of each scene, the details, the forshadowing of events and everything else.

Even if the next studio preserves the animation quality, the the overall "flow" of the story might never be the same, and that I fear greatly.
it won't be the same anyways after this season. AoT will experience a huge turn around with tone.

May 19, 12:56 AM
tzarye14 said:
HyperL said:

WIT has always done a great job portraying the feelings of each scene, the details, the forshadowing of events and everything else.

Even if the next studio preserves the animation quality, the the overall "flow" of the story might never be the same, and that I fear greatly.
If the next studio ends up being Production IG then everything should stay the same. I've said this countless times today but at one point WIT Studio was Production IG. WIT is still a sub studio of IG. That's why it's IG on the committee and not WIT himself. With some luck you can keep the same staff. Maybe even get more time with Araki in season 4 (but lets not dream so high for now).
If they keep the same staff then Wit would become basically empty, changing the studio will most likely result in a change of the staff. but I agree that IG is the next best thing.

sim0n2170 said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

Also funny how they try to slander WIT when Madbox does the CGI
He didn't complain about the quality of the CGI, he complained about its existent in the first place, which is WIT's choice.
Modified by ClickBaitBuster, May 19, 1:20 AM

May 19, 1:46 AM
I have no problem with that as long as it's not jc staff, season 4 deserve best animation as possible but I hope new director do a justice.

Edit: apparently it's just a rumor so I don't want to believe it yet
Modified by ExodiaX, May 19, 5:46 AM

May 19, 4:00 AM

J.C. Staff will probably be the one to do the next season.

May 19, 5:12 AM
People are so quick to believe Rumours . Wait till actual confirmation comes out before spreading it like it already fact
Modified by Mattinator95, May 19, 5:19 AM

May 19, 5:53 AM
Funseco said:
Nice.

Other studios would have used CGI for colossal titan and the turkey Titan as well

May 19, 6:09 AM
Funseco said:
Weebover9000 said:

I mean all normal titans have the cgi blended really well to the point its hard to notice unless you actively look for it.

Looks good here

I doubt any other studio would hand draw and animate a 15 ft Titan and the turkey Titan while also simultaneously animating things around it . It would have probably would have taken ages to hand draw the rod Titan and collasal Titan in season 2 and now due to have much they move.

They mostly would mix the two with 2d for non body shots
Modified by Mattinator95, May 19, 9:34 AM

May 19, 6:44 AM

ABDoesThings said:
HyperL said:

it won't be the same anyways after this season. AoT will experience a huge turn around with tone.

I aware of that and my input doesn't change.
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.

May 19, 7:06 AM

Funseco said:
Nice.
I don't think it can get worse than cgi titans, cgi horses, cgi colossal titan and cgi rod reiss

Wtf are you even talking about? Rod Reiss titan was well animated except a few selected frames and the same with the latest episode colossal.
cgi titans and horses are not even noticeable.

You're not getting it. You will regret having this opinion if the new studio adapts season 4 in a shitty half-assed way like OPM or Tokyo ghoul

May 19, 11:32 AM
Wanna hear a joke?
J.C. Staff.

May 19, 12:09 PM

sad news ...
I hope a good studio take it and adapt it until the end

May 19, 12:12 PM
Well hopefully it will just go to an another studio, that's what I hope for.

May 19, 12:24 PM

Most likely a smart decision unless they want to follow (even more) the GoT route.

May 19, 12:31 PM
I have no problems as long as it goes to production i.g.

May 19, 1:13 PM

J.C.Staff is ready for this

May 19, 1:52 PM

I still hope this turns out to be some rumor or mistranslation. I think Wit has done an incredible job with this series. Season 1 and 3 especially.

I wondered why wit got it in the first place, weird to switch studios now. I really doubt it will keep its amazing looks.

Just dont let JC near it. Please. Or Pierrot. Just dont.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

May 19, 2:15 PM
I don't know if this rumor is going to be true. I just hope it won't be the case. Even if I do personnally think that there were some fails (minor) on the chara-design and animation, the staff still does a great job with AoT anime. Even the CGI doesn't bother me. I don't think that other studios could provide us the same quality except if they keep the same staff.

Changing the staff would be the biggest mistake they could do in anime history. AoT is well received over the world. If Wit have some issues, they should just drop the other animes they're working on and not AoT.

So I really hope this won't happen, or if they confirm it, I hope a petition will be made so the same staff could work on it until the end. (As for me I'm even ready to give money).

Wit already did a mistake by producing Kabaneri so I hope they won't do another one by giving up on AoT.

May 19, 2:44 PM

Kirie-san said:
I don't know if this rumor is going to be true.

It already is. It's information coming right from the core staff and has been reconfirmed by Sakugablog who has industry contacts.

Kirie-san said:
If Wit have some issues, they should just drop the other animes they're working on and not AoT.

Yeah, that's not even remotely how things work. You can't just drop projects which are all tied to contractual obligations, especially when some are crucial to your income. AoT by comparison makes peanuts for them.

Kirie-san said:
So I really hope this won't happen, or if they confirm it, I hope a petition will be made so the same staff could work on it until the end. (As for me I'm even ready to give money).

You do not seem to understand. They do not want to continue working on it themselves cause it's simply not feasible anymore at this point. Forcing a petition onto them is about as good as whipping them back to work.

Kirie-san said:
Wit already did a mistake by producing Kabaneri so I hope they won't do another one by giving up on AoT.

I'm pretty sure Kabaneri being their own original through which they benefit from income proportional to its success ( unlike AoT ) is far from a mistake.

I get that AoT is beloved and all but there is a line where things become a tad bit delusional.

May 19, 6:03 PM
Tsarko said:
It will probably go to Production I.G. That might be for the better. AoT was really taxing for WIT. IG has enough resources to take on projects as big as AoT.
I also agree with you, but I doubt, Wit Studio will not give the best series, unlike MADHOUSE giving OPM SEASON 2 to JC STAFF, but let's hope that AOT SEASON 4 will be made soon

May 19, 6:36 PM

why is this post being ignored here? do read this people

this news links confirms this thread to be true and it gives a good long articulate overview of things

May 19, 6:51 PM
Kyoto Animition is a good alternative .

May 19, 8:19 PM
PorchmonkeyD said:
That would be great. Then WIT can hurl all its resources into the far superior Vinland Saga.
I'm sure they will throw all the sources on Koutetsu Kabaneri, because it is an original project that belongs to Wit Studio, by the way give all a source on Vinland Saga, it will only benefit the production committee

May 19, 8:37 PM
Fappa said:
Kirie-san said:
I don't know if this rumor is going to be true.

It already is. It's information coming right from the core staff and has been reconfirmed by Sakugablog who has industry contacts.

Kirie-san said:
If Wit have some issues, they should just drop the other animes they're working on and not AoT.

Yeah, that's not even remotely how things work. You can't just drop projects which are all tied to contractual obligations, especially when some are crucial to your income. AoT by comparison makes peanuts for them.

Kirie-san said:

You do not seem to understand. They do not want to continue working on it themselves cause it's simply not feasible anymore at this point. Forcing a petition onto them is about as good as whipping them back to work.

Kirie-san said:

I'm pretty sure Kabaneri being their own original through which they benefit from income proportional to its success ( unlike AoT ) is far from a mistake.

I get that AoT is beloved and all but there is a line where things become a tad bit delusional.
why lately there are so many popular series that have suddenly undergone studio changes, first OPM season 2, second NANATSU NO TAIZAI Season 3, and now AOT, WTF is what is happening, I hope that it will not take JC STAFF or STUDIO DEEN, because of that suck

May 19, 8:42 PM
LightoLhxd4 said:
why lately there are so many popular series that have suddenly undergone studio changes, first OPM season 2, second NANATSU NO TAIZAI Season 3, and now AOT, WTF is what is happening, I hope that it will not take JC STAFF or STUDIO DEEN, because of that suck

google anime overproduction and animator shortage crisis, it shows that due to every studio are so busy and overloaded with anime projects they do not have enough production time and making the animation quality suffer and worse animators that are usually freelancers are scarce especially talented animators so there is not enough talented animators to do all the huge number of anime being produced each year and thus animation quality suffers that way too

May 19, 9:04 PM
deg said:
LightoLhxd4 said:

google anime overproduction and animator shortage crisis, it shows that due to every studio are so busy and overloaded with anime projects they do not have enough production time and making the animation quality suffer and worse animators that are usually freelancers are scarce especially talented animators so there is not enough talented animators to do all the huge number of anime being produced each year and thus animation quality suffers that way too
I've heard the news since AOT SEASON 2 aired and made 12 episodes, which I wonder why other studios like TOEI ANIMATION, STUDIO PIERROT are able to adapt many popular series with hundreds of episodes, when the anime industry is experiencing a crisis of lack of animators, it's very does not make sense

May 19, 9:19 PM
LightoLhxd4 said:
deg said:

I've heard the news since AOT SEASON 2 aired and made 12 episodes, which I wonder why other studios like TOEI ANIMATION, STUDIO PIERROT are able to adapt many popular series with hundreds of episodes, when the anime industry is experiencing a crisis of lack of animators, it's very does not make sense

err WIT studio is a small studio compared to big studios like Toei and Pierrot so this big studios can afford to outsource (some or most of) their animation to other countries like Toei Philippines that did the poorly animated Dragon Ball Super and Saint Seiya Omega

May 19, 9:28 PM
deg said:
LightoLhxd4 said:

err WIT studio is a small studio compared to big studios like Toei and Pierrot so this big studios can afford to outsource (some or most of) their animation to other countries like Toei Philippines that did the poorly animated Dragon Ball Super and Saint Seiya Omega
Thank you for your information, I do not know that large anime studios in Japan are able to transfer their resources to other countries, it would be great if a talented small studio in Japan is able to do the same thing, so that it will reduce the animator's workload

May 19, 9:32 PM
LightoLhxd4 said:
deg said:

Thank you for your information, I do not know that large anime studios in Japan are able to transfer their resources to other countries, it would be great if a talented small studio in Japan is able to do the same thing, so that it will reduce the animator's workload

are you sure about that? outsourcing to poorer countries like the Philippines gives more bad animation though, poor countries have more cheap salaries so they cannot attract talented animators that way too and as mentioned talented animators are only a few in the anime industry

but ye youre welcome

May 19, 11:26 PM

suneater14 said:
I hope ufotable takes it they have excellent animation

Shingeki no Kyojin is not their style

May 19, 11:33 PM

Hopefully not, I can't imagine Wit wanting to abandon AoT tbh. It's their baby and a damn successful one. I also doubt that someone wants to take it away from them since they are doing such a great job with it.

May 19, 11:55 PM
deg said:
LightoLhxd4 said:

are you sure about that? outsourcing to poorer countries like the Philippines gives more bad animation though, poor countries have more cheap salaries so they cannot attract talented animators that way too and as mentioned talented animators are only a few in the anime industry

but ye youre welcome
I mean not exactly like the studio TOEI ANIMATION did, I know that the studio is very lazy and doesn't care about quality, but if the small anime studio studios in Japan have the desire to train and multiply the number of animator workers from outside their country, then at least that will reduce the problem that happened to anime studios in Japan today

May 20, 1:04 AM

Good news to be honest.
added the fifth most popular anime onto this site

May 20, 2:14 AM

If this rumor is true and if J.C Staff will be the one who animate S4, then it's confirmed AoT will be doomed lol.

Like seriously, how many anime they have ruined lately? UQ Holder!, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Date a Live, and now OPM2 (And possibly F/SN HF Part 3 too if the rumor is true), and I don't even includes their pre-2015 shows like that non-existence Tsukihime anime. Do they really wanted to be bankrupt so badly?

May 20, 2:30 AM
LightoLhxd4 said:
deg said:

but ye youre welcome
I mean not exactly like the studio TOEI ANIMATION did, I know that the studio is very lazy and doesn't care about quality, but if the small anime studio studios in Japan have the desire to train and multiply the number of animator workers from outside their country, then at least that will reduce the problem that happened to anime studios in Japan today

well the thing is training new animators today is rare just because there is not enough time to do so for most anime studios especially smaller ones like WIT because they are busy and overloaded with anime projects aka anime overproduction that is mentioned earlier

the only studio that i know that is not overwork or so busy is Kyoto Animation and ye they do trainings for their young animators i heard

May 20, 2:38 AM
If this rumor is true, I hope the next studio that gonna handle aot is MAPPA studio. They've proved their works in Inuyashiki and their CGI was really smooth. But ofc it'll take time to a new studio to adapt with aot animation "style" so I still hope that WIT studio will keep animating for aot.

May 20, 7:14 AM

Can't tell if this is real or not, since there's no source going to assume it's fake. AOT is undeniably one of the most successful franchises in the industry. Unlike most adaptations which are gambles, it's pretty much a guaranteed return of investment for any studio even with today's declining br / dvd sales.

They also do a recap movie for every arc of the anime, have quite a few ova's, really no idea where the money is going compared to SAO , where you obviously see a ton of cash being thrown at the art for alicization, while we get pretty bad CG titans which get progressively worse.

If IG does take it, I don't see much changing, but I honestly doubt it'll be dropped here. If this decade has a big three, then AOT is definitely one of them.

May 20, 8:11 AM

Gosh keep praying for IG to take the rights to Art but Ngl I would laugh so hard if J.C. Staff come around and take Attack on Titan on board.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

May 20, 9:15 AM

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
If this rumor is true and if J.C Staff will be the one who animate S4, then it's confirmed AoT will be doomed lol.

Like seriously, how many anime they have ruined lately? UQ Holder!, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Date a Live, and now OPM2 (And possibly F/SN HF Part 3 too if the rumor is true), and I don't even includes their pre-2015 shows like that non-existence Tsukihime anime. Do they really wanted to be bankrupt so badly?

you got trolled by someone, if someone does it it will be Production IG most likely
WIT not doing S4 is pretty much confirmed due to the amount of sources and the quality of these sources / trustworthiness

J:C Staff is just a running gag if they do it someone is gonna burn down their studio before it happens dont worry
You son of a .. turtle

May 20, 9:38 AM

Fine by me. I love WIT and the shows they animate are great but they are too small plus I do not care much for the arcs that follow after this one is finished. I only keep on reading because we have now reached the end and I want to see how it ends. It will probably be as crappy as the finale from GoT but I invested too much time in this.
Ist das der Engel, der vom dämmernden Himmel hinunter flog?
Ist das der Teufel, der aus der Felsen spalte heraus kroch?

May 20, 9:43 AM

50 % yes 50 % no will see what happen

May 20, 10:27 AM
W A K A M E / 20

Oh fack?? I hope that we will keep the kick ass Linked Horizon openings;
and that Jean will still be a masterpiece godlike of beauty. //ignore me//

May 20, 10:41 AM

Tsarko said:
It will probably go to Production I.G. That might be for the better. AoT was really taxing for WIT. IG has enough resources to take on projects as big as AoT.

I.G atleast has some experience with the series and other series of same said genre. compared to J.C who just bought a big title, despite having no bigger input on the fighting genre.
【𝒫𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝓈𝒸𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔】

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store