Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 2019 12:48 AM

Jul 2016
anikevin said:
lol there's people crossing fingers so it's not J.C. Staff the one getting this. How cute.

Real people of knowledge know the true face of terror...

Studio Pierrot.

Nope the true face of terror will be J.C Staff, at least Studio Pierrot won't be seen in every single goddamn type of shows like J.C did lol.
May 21, 2019 12:57 AM

May 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
anikevin said:
lol there's people crossing fingers so it's not J.C. Staff the one getting this. How cute.

Real people of knowledge know the true face of terror...

Studio Pierrot.

Nope the true face of terror will be J.C Staff, at least Studio Pierrot won't be seen in every single goddamn type of shows like J.C did lol.

Yeah J.C. does all kind of anime, but at least their shows are watchable and usually follow the goddamn source material. Imagine AoT getting the Tokyo Ghoul:Re treatment.
anikevinMay 21, 2019 1:05 AM
May 21, 2019 1:14 AM

Jul 2012
anikevin said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Yeah J.C. does all kind of anime, but at least their shows are watchable and usually follow the goddamn source material. Imagine AoT getting the Tokyo Ghoul:Re treatment.

Their shows usually follow the source material *very poorly*, I may add, mostly rushing through a lot of it. Index 3 was probably the worst offender as of recently.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re was a slow-paced masterpiece compared to what they did there (adapting 10 or so long and information heavy books in 26 eps when even 2 of them alone could be a whole cour on itself).

And let's not even get started with Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima at all...
DanpmssMay 21, 2019 1:17 AM
May 21, 2019 1:44 AM

Jan 2019
Tsarko said:
It will probably go to Production I.G. That might be for the better. AoT was really taxing for WIT. IG has enough resources to take on projects as big as AoT.
That makes no sense. Porduction I.G is owned by the same people that own WIT Studio.
May 21, 2019 1:44 AM

Jan 2019
Phlaryx said:
If that’s the case I’d say it’s more likely to move to I.G.s hands.
Unlikely, I.G and WIT are basically the same studio they are owned by the same people.
May 21, 2019 1:50 AM

Jan 2019
deg said:
i just notice people care more about the studio again more than the big possibility the talented staff of this anime franchise is gonna quit for good on this project, remember majority of animators and talents on the anime industry are freelancers that only hired by the anime studio for example
Not on SNK, the director and most of the staff (including character designer) (excluding the compositor and the screenwriter) are known for being WIT-exclusives and working with WIT only since like 2013.
May 21, 2019 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
As much as we want to hope that PIG gets AOT with the same people that have worked on it previously, I just don't see it happening. I mean if it did, it would have been pointless for WIT to be done with it in the first place as the only thing that would've changed would be the studio name. Basically be prepared to adjust folks.

Some one made a good point in mentioning the fact that after season 3 is the best time to switch studios anyway as AOT kind of switches the style up with the next arc. This could possibly lead to a smoother transition and less "comparison beefs" between the studio productions.
May 25, 2019 6:53 AM
Aug 2015

I don't get why a staff member said that openly and why Sakugablog is writting about it without getting an official confirmation. Even if it's true, they should not reveal it or discuss about it before the team itself or the producers confirms it.

So they can drop AoT and not the other projects? I don't know how it works but it would be hypocrite from them to choose other projects over AoT while they were mainly recognized for that. If they hadn't done Aot, they wouldn't have produce Kabaneri (they even wouldn't get the idea to do Kabaneri since they've copied AoT), a lot of people watched it because it has the same staff, otherwise people wouldn't had paid attention to it, they wouldn't have been asked to do some adaptation like Owari no Seraph or The Ancient Magus Bride if they hadn't become popular with AoT...

And how don't they get money with that? It's not feasible for them? Then the production commitee should do something, if they can't drop other projects, they should delay it, after all they delayed season 2 right?

I don't know how it works indeed but even with what you said, I think it would be the worst decision to drop AoT before it ends, it would be disrespectful towards the fans and really hypocritical from Wit since they got recognition thanks to their work on AoT.
May 25, 2019 6:56 AM
May 2019
@Kirie-San

Finally someone who gets it, its odd that people would just flat out come out and say its the last season without actual permission
May 26, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2015
Kirie-san said:

I don't get why a staff member said that openly and why Sakugablog is writting about it without getting an official confirmation. Even if it's true, they should not reveal it or discuss about it before the team itself or the producers confirms it.

So they can drop AoT and not the other projects? I don't know how it works but it would be hypocrite from them to choose other projects over AoT while they were mainly recognized for that. If they hadn't done Aot, they wouldn't have produce Kabaneri (they even wouldn't get the idea to do Kabaneri since they've copied AoT), a lot of people watched it because it has the same staff, otherwise people wouldn't had paid attention to it, they wouldn't have been asked to do some adaptation like Owari no Seraph or The Ancient Magus Bride if they hadn't become popular with AoT...

And how don't they get money with that? It's not feasible for them? Then the production commitee should do something, if they can't drop other projects, they should delay it, after all they delayed season 2 right?

I don't know how it works indeed but even with what you said, I think it would be the worst decision to drop AoT before it ends, it would be disrespectful towards the fans and really hypocritical from Wit since they got recognition thanks to their work on AoT.

Because it was not "openly said" as in announced. Staff members talk with each other believe or not and they are informed about such scheduled changes in advance. For someone to pick up on it and casually drop it in a conversations, well that happens. There have been many credible sources now and Sakugablog reporting on it is essentially the last confirmation you need prior to the official one as they have direct ties into the industry.

Yes they can drop it like that since they're merely employed to produce it. They have no direct connection or reliance to it whatsoever. So obviously they would drop it if it's not feasible to produce anymore and prioritize projects that they're also in the committee for so for example their own original Kabaneri. Also you seem to confuse something. AOT certainly did not make "them" do Kabaneri. It was Araki's pipedream to do it and so he went to make his baby.

They do get money but it's not all too different to any other production, it's a set fee. They're not in the committee so they're not gaining profit proportional to the show's success. It may have been popular but they've not seen increased returns due to that. You're asking a singular committee to change an approach that has worked for the last few decades because a show dear to you is suddenly suffering from its system...yea it doesn't work like that even tho I wholheartedly understand and share your sentiment. Unless Wit actively invests into the IP and takes the risk they won't see increased returns, that's just how it is.

"They" did not delay anyting, the committee did. And it's about a lot more tan just having too much projects. They simply can't tackle a production like this anymore. Wanpack's fallout from the industry was the first hint to that.

Well, not to be rude...but I trust that their intern staff knows what's better for them than you or anyone here, really.
FappaMay 26, 2019 9:10 AM
May 26, 2019 9:44 AM
Jul 2016
if AoT will go to IG, I think, there's no probelm.
IG is the parent company of WIT studio, and they share production resources.
In addition, their offices (and Tatsunoko's office) reside in the same block.
May 26, 2019 2:10 PM
Aug 2015

Ok, let's say the rumor is true and considering what you said, Wit would stop AoT because it's not feasible so they can prioritize their other project such as Kabaneri. That would be hypocritical since Kabaneri would not have existed if they hadn't done AoT. You said "AOT certainly did not make "them" do Kabaneri. It was Araki's pipedream to do it and so he went to make his baby." But just look at Kabaneri, there are zombies (just like there are titans in AoT), they use a similar equipment to the 3DGM, they use the same composer, they use the same background designers... They saw that AoT was a success and they just used it to make their own anime. I mean, they didn't use the same staff to do Owari no Seraph or other animes. Was it Araki's pipedream to use an other anime success to do his own anime? If so, that would be hypocritical from him, and from the staff to prioritize Kabaneri rather than AoT.

Moreover, that wouldn't be fair for all the people who is watching AoT. All over the world, so much people are watching it, are captivated by it. It has become as popular as Naruto, One Piece, Death Note... Even people who usually don't watch anime are watching AoT and not only for it's incredible story but also for it's amazing realization (and no other studio/staff could do that). Wouldn't be disrespectful towards worldwide fans to just stop AoT like that just because they want to prioritize Kabaneri? The staff and the production commitee should take that into account unless they don't care about these fans.

Thank you for giving this information by the way. Even if it works like that (and that's sad) I won't be able to forgive them if they really drop AoT and I just wanted to share my thoughts.
May 27, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I really hope that's not true, or we might have another OPM S2 on our hands.
Just so you know an Anime changing studios isn't always a bad thing, if it can be bad (OPM) it also has the chance to be for the better. If AoT goes to a studio with a bigger staff than WIT that has more hands on the project and less stress meaning we as consumer get a better product.
May 27, 2019 2:01 AM

Apr 2019
@Kirie-san
The World isn't fair lol.
Everything is about Profit, Anime get made because they make Money.
Obviously they will prioritize Kabaneri since it makes more Money for them.
Thats how the World works.

That said, as the guy above me said, Studio Changes must not be a bad thing.
And with the Tone Shift in the Plot its a good Point to give the Hat off to another Studio.
They might even do a better Job than WIT.
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 2:24 AM

Dec 2009
MehmetY said:
suneater14 said:
I hope ufotable takes it they have excellent animation

They're very busy with Heaven's Feel right now and maybe they can make a Stay Night remake after that. I don't think they take any big anime like SnK until 2022-23.

They already (beautifully) handle Kimetsu No Yaiba too, sooo yeah, they're kinda busy.
May 27, 2019 2:28 AM

Dec 2009
MehmetY said:
Batora07 said:

They already (beautifully) handle Kimetsu No Yaiba too, sooo yeah, they're kinda busy.

Kimetsu no Yaiba isn't that big show when compared to SnK.

It's one of the top star of the Shonen Jump actually, with The Promised Neverland and Dr Stone.
May 27, 2019 2:38 AM

Nov 2018
Batora07 said:
MehmetY said:

Kimetsu no Yaiba isn't that big show when compared to SnK.

It's one of the top star of the Shonen Jump actually, with The Promised Neverland and Dr Stone.

Not saying much when your comparing it to SnK.
May 27, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2015
I really like WIT Studio. I'm afraid that the studio which may (don't know if the news is true) take over will not do Attack on Titan justice.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
May 27, 2019 11:14 AM

Feb 2017
I really hope that this isn't true. They're doing a great job so far.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
May 27, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2018
Just added Erwin as one my fav anime character. You will be missed and all the scouts that died.
May 27, 2019 12:44 PM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Kirie-san said:

Because it was not "openly said" as in announced. Staff members talk with each other believe or not and they are informed about such scheduled changes in advance. For someone to pick up on it and casually drop it in a conversations, well that happens. There have been many credible sources now and Sakugablog reporting on it is essentially the last confirmation you need prior to the official one as they have direct ties into the industry.

Yes they can drop it like that since they're merely employed to produce it. They have no direct connection or reliance to it whatsoever. So obviously they would drop it if it's not feasible to produce anymore and prioritize projects that they're also in the committee for so for example their own original Kabaneri. Also you seem to confuse something. AOT certainly did not make "them" do Kabaneri. It was Araki's pipedream to do it and so he went to make his baby.

They do get money but it's not all too different to any other production, it's a set fee. They're not in the committee so they're not gaining profit proportional to the show's success. It may have been popular but they've not seen increased returns due to that. You're asking a singular committee to change an approach that has worked for the last few decades because a show dear to you is suddenly suffering from its system...yea it doesn't work like that even tho I wholheartedly understand and share your sentiment. Unless Wit actively invests into the IP and takes the risk they won't see increased returns, that's just how it is.

"They" did not delay anyting, the committee did. And it's about a lot more tan just having too much projects. They simply can't tackle a production like this anymore. Wanpack's fallout from the industry was the first hint to that.

Well, not to be rude...but I trust that their intern staff knows what's better for them than you or anyone here, really.

As I read your informative and well-articulated analysis of the situation, I find myself nodding and agreeing because it's logical. But at the same time, I wish from the bottom of my heart that our beloved series won't suffer from this.
I've seen firsthand what a single director's change to a series can do. It dramatically alters the tone, the feel, and the very nature of what you're watching. And it makes sense too because different people produce different things even if they're given the same tools.

When I think about it, it really seems hopeless...

With such a drastic change in the production team, everything will have to change. The beloved art style and animation will probably become abhorrent, the composer may be replaced with one who is much less talented. The director changing should be self-explanatory...

I guess we should be thankful there's at least the manga. Unlike the many GOT fans who hated the later seasons and can't wash the bad aftertaste yet with the last two books, SNK fans can and will be able to find peace in the manga.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.