Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2019 3:28 AM

May 2013
It's not confirmed, but it looks like Netflix might being trying to do something with Berserk.

As much as I want to see a good adaptation, I don't know if my heart or eyes can handle another "Berserk 2017".

May 18, 2019 3:33 AM

Jan 2009
maybe this is related?
'Castlevania' Producer Reveals How He Would Adapt 'Berserk'
https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/11/17/castlevania-anime-adi-shankar-berserk-manga-adaptation-how/

never seen Castlevania but i heard its like Hellsing Ultimate which i enjoyed
May 18, 2019 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
If Netflix can deliver a good "Berserk", they might be cut out for the current anime situation, I won't hold my breath though.

Netflix, to be honest I'm still not sure if they're all that in to the anime culture. I did see some effort in 2018, but they still haven't been putting in their all. Maybe If this is more than just a passing fancy for them and they do take anime seriously I might look forward to what Netflix has to offer.
May 18, 2019 3:43 AM

May 2013
Kind of. Netflix made a deal with Dark Horse Comics which is the English publisher of the Berserk manga. It isn't confirmed, but is definitely looks possible now.
-SwishMay 18, 2019 3:48 AM
May 18, 2019 3:46 AM

May 2013
zieek said:
If Netflix can deliver a good "Berserk", they might be cut out for the current anime situation, I won't hold my breath though.

Netflix, to be honest I'm still not sure if they're all that in to the anime culture. I did see some effort in 2018, but they still haven't been putting in their all. Maybe If this is more than just a passing fancy for them and they do take anime seriously I might look forward to what Netflix has to offer.

Netflix's anime have been really hit or miss for me and unfortunately that's partly do to the abundance of CG.
May 18, 2019 3:46 AM

Feb 2010
It would be about time for another good Netflix anime. Devilman has already been 1,5 years ago.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 18, 2019 3:49 AM
Aug 2018
Not sure about that berserk involves a lot of intense action (don't quote me saying that devilman involves a lot to, berserk is much more intense). Even if they do it i'm expecting slightly better cg or even 2d similar to devilman but i hope they won't make them that similar berserk has more immersive fight scenes
May 18, 2019 6:21 AM

Apr 2014
i like the new berserk adaptations so its no skin off my back to see more come out
May 18, 2019 6:48 AM

Oct 2017
If Netflix are willing to provide enough funds for a high quality Berserk adaptation that'd be great. It does seem like they're at least considering it on some level but I doubt it'll happen soon tbh.

FragileGlass said:
Not sure about that berserk involves a lot of intense action (don't quote me saying that devilman involves a lot to, berserk is much more intense). Even if they do it i'm expecting slightly better cg or even 2d similar to devilman but i hope they won't make them that similar berserk has more immersive fight scenes

Netflix don't make the anime themselves, they just provide funding to studios and have essentially no involvement in the production. How similar a Berserk adaptation would be to Devilman: Crybaby would depend on the studio and staff actually working on it. Netflix could attach conditions to the funding about how the studio approaches the project though.
May 18, 2019 6:55 AM
Aug 2018
Platypus7 said:
If Netflix are willing to provide enough funds for a high quality Berserk adaptation that'd be great. It does seem like they're at least considering it on some level but I doubt it'll happen soon tbh.

FragileGlass said:

Netflix don't make the anime themselves, they just provide funding to studios and have essentially no involvement in the production. How similar a Berserk adaptation would be to Devilman: Crybaby would depend on the studio and staff actually working on it. Netflix could attach conditions to the funding about how the studio approaches the project though.

Considering how popular berserk is there's a high chance that they will offer a higher budget
May 18, 2019 7:01 AM

Oct 2017
FragileGlass said:
Platypus7 said:

Considering how popular berserk is there's a high chance that they will offer a higher budget

Yeah, I would expect them to be aware of its popularity and larger budgeting requirements - it's certainly way bigger than the Devilman franchise.
May 18, 2019 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if it's going to be a reboot. Either way, I will keep my fingers crossed for a good anime. :)
May 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Take care of yourself

May 18, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2018
Netflix is making a deal with Dark Horse Comics, the company that owns Berserk rights in the west, to make the Hellboy series.

Don't really know if they would go that far to make a FULL adaptation from Berserk, but looking to their past works with Violet Evergarden of Devilman: Crybaby, I think that, if happening, it would be something for taking account of.

So, if they talk with DH, they should talk with Young Animal too, 'cause they own the rights of the manga (if only they took Holyland as well...).
May 18, 2019 8:18 AM

Jun 2017
I've been saying since the first season of Castlevania that they could do a Berserk adaptation way better than the crap we got in 2016/2017, so this is good news to me. I personally don't care about getting another adaptation any time soon, but if we have to have one, Castlevania really did gory medieval fantasy well and was pretty true to the source material, so I think they could do a good job.
May 18, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
What worries me slightly is that the Castlevania producer rules out "another Golden Age Arc adaptation". Because that is arguably the best arc, or at least the arc that stands best on its own legs and the arc that is likelier to get more people into Berserk.

I guess it would have to be The Black Swordsman Arc otherwise. If the anime takes place post-eclipse, new people might have difficulties getting into it.
May 18, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
yeah i'm all for any berserk adaptation as long as it continues where 2017 left off
May 18, 2019 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
>Implying that those 2016/2017 abominations exist.
Yikes
May 31, 2019 12:33 PM
Sep 2018
That would be awesome if it turned out to be good.
Jun 1, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2018
Jack100HP said:
yeah i'm all for any berserk adaptation as long as it continues where 2017 left off

This

Enough with Golden Age arc for gods sake
Jun 3, 2019 5:00 PM

Jul 2017
Jack100HP said:

God no. They should start with The Black Swordsman then move onto Lost Children/Conviction. They should probably skip Golden Age, but if they didn't I wouldn't complain.
Jul 21, 2019 3:30 PM

Jun 2019
Marcos_Aspira said:
Jack100HP said:

This

Enough with Golden Age arc for gods sake

No, Golden Age Arc never was faithfull to the manga in the animes adaptation. They should do it again, with everything including Guts' childhood.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kage-bunshin - Aug 30, 2009

60 by life_is_cringe »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 9 Discussion

DreamTheater2112 - May 21, 2009

49 by MrGutz »»
Apr 20, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 18, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 104 Discussion

28 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 18, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 103 Discussion

30 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 18, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.