Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2019 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, some of these latest episodes really makes clever usage of its melancholic soundtrack to bring quality to the emotional scenes.

This episode also turned out to be quite serious and painful to watch from Sohma's perspective. Really interesting to see more of Kana and Hatori's past. I think it's a very important episode for sure in terms of storytelling.
Stark700May 17, 2019 10:37 AM
May 17, 2019 10:20 AM

Jan 2019
My dude Hatori really hit Kana with that yeetus deletus. Glad she got her happiness. The “spring will come” line really hit home too.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 17, 2019 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
Truly a sad dragon.

Also let me say this, i absolutely despise any form of memory erasing shenanigans in romance stories.
May 17, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
Akito is the curse....Maybe Hatori should just stop treating Akito and let nature run its course.
May 17, 2019 10:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, I'm crying. This backstory hit so hard, i feel so bad for Hatori.
May 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Feel bad for Hatori. It was a nice backstory.

May 17, 2019 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
The feels! I love it. Hatori really is a good guy, he just wants to protect Tohru from the same mental breakdown Kana had.

I really enjoyed this episode, it hit all the right notes for me. Also
May 17, 2019 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
Man...this episode hit me like a Truck-kun. I felt so bad for Hatori T_T I don't remember being this sad watching the old one.
Haha that SeaDRAGON.

Really solid episode overall. The animation <3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 17, 2019 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
I loved this chapter. Even though I'd read the manga and watched the 2001 anime, Hatori's story makes me so sad and emotional as if it was the first time i'm seeing it. He's the second best boy for me after Momiji and I can't wait for him to get more episodes.
May 17, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
The most emotional episode to date ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 17, 2019 11:29 AM

Mar 2016
Hatori's backstory was more clichéd than sad.

Is there a seahorse in Chinese zodiac?

Both people that accept the Souma family are quite similar. It would have been better if they added some differences between the two girls to make them feel more real. They even sound alike!

The story feels like something I have heard countless times to the point it gets tedious. Hope it gets better because I don't want to dislike an anime with such a beautiful art.
May 17, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
God fucking damnit, stop breaking my heart, that was such a great episode, gotta love Hatori.

This family sure is going through some heavy stuff, I can't wait to know more about how everything ended like this.
May 17, 2019 11:42 AM
Apr 2019
FuMomo-kun said:

He's the Dragon. In Japanese a seahorse is sometimes called "the dragon's bastard offspring". There's actually an in-story explanation for why he turns into a seahorse and not a dragon, but it's spoilers territory.
May 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Apr 2014
Talk about a story that may not be original, but something that was a classic back then. Sure it is nothing special. But probably gives some info on what the Soma's are going through for those who do not know Fruits Basket too well.
May 17, 2019 11:47 AM
Jan 2019
That backstory hurts so bad. What could be worse than using your power like that?

You also derserve happiness, Hatori. Spring comes after snow melts.
May 17, 2019 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
thebond_thecurse said:
FuMomo-kun said:

He's the Dragon. In Japanese a seahorse is sometimes called "the dragon's bastard offspring". There's actually an in-story explanation for why he turns into a seahorse and not a dragon, but it's spoilers territory.

He's the dragon? Dammit, I was really looking forward to seeing a proper dragon!
May 17, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
I'm sorry, but how can this be described as a curse? The only reason Kana developed mental problems was because Akito went crazy and attacked Hatori for trying to marry her. Now, maybe there's a reason for that (that we've yet to be told, and other than the zodiac secret), but if not then the only conclusion is that Akito is an asshole. And, on top of that, just because Kana fell apart after Akito got violent, doesn't mean everyone in that position would; I know Tohru isn't entirely secure emotionally due to her own past, but I don't imagine she'd break down in the same way in that position.

I get what the show's going for emotionally, but it needs more sound reasoning rather than trying to force it with such flimsy reasoning and excuses (for example, it seems incredibly abrupt for Tohru to say that Hatori is nice after just two actual interactions with him - both of which involved him telling/advising her to leave the Somas - and a sob story that doesn't make any sense for the reasons described above). I will say though that the emotion behind his pained acceptance of Kana's newfound happiness was very well-executed.

Still, the insight into the workings of the Soma clan is pretty useful, if nothing else. Akito is absolute scum though and his(?) existence and violent nature is the only "curse" the Soma clan is suffering (outside of the small few who are zodiac members).
AtavisticMay 17, 2019 12:06 PM
May 17, 2019 12:02 PM

Nov 2018
We met some important future characters in the background of this ep! Lovely. The drama parts of furuba are excecuted perfectly, the soundrack made it even sadder than the manga imho.
First timers can begin to see how Tohru is the Somas' spring. And i have to say Akito's VA is really fitting.
Lol at Kyo looking for Tohru, i love every single time he blushes
Hatori is one of the sweetest characters, i love him so much
May 17, 2019 12:05 PM
Oct 2016
Atavistic said:
I'm sorry, but how can this be described as a curse? The only reason Kana developed mental problems was because Akito went crazy and attacked Hatori for trying to marry her. Now, maybe there's a reason for that (that we've yet to be told, and other than the zodiac secret), but if not then the only conclusion is that Akito is an asshole. And, on top of that, just because Kana fell apart after Akito got violent, doesn't mean everyone in that position would; I know Tohru isn't entirely secure emotionally due to her own past, but I don't imagine she'd break down in the same way in that position.

I get what the show's going for emotionally, but it needs more sound reasoning rather than trying to force it with such flimsy reasoning and excuses (for example, it seems incredibly abrupt for Tohru to say that Hatori is nice after just two actual interactions with him - both of which involved him telling/advising her to leave the Somas - and a sob story that doesn't make any sense for the reasons described above).

Still, the insight into the workings of the Soma clan is pretty useful, if nothing else. Akito is absolute scum though and his(?) existence and violent nature is the only "curse" the Soma clan is suffering (outside of the small few who are zodiac members).

The Sohma curse is very much a curse. I can't go into too much detail without spoiling future events in the plot, but there's already been a few hints the curse is a lot darker then it looks.

It's not just a cute thing of "Oh look, he becomes an animal when hugged by the opposite sex! How cute!". It's an actual curse that when you stop and think about it at the end of the series, you realize just how fucked up it really is.
I really don't have anything to say so you can move on.
May 17, 2019 12:08 PM
Apr 2019
Atavistic said:

I get what the show's going for emotionally, but it needs more sound reasoning rather than trying to force it with such flimsy reasoning and excuses (for example, it seems incredibly abrupt for Tohru to say that Hatori is nice after just two actual interactions with him - both of which involved him telling/advising her to leave the Somas - and a sob story that doesn't make any sense for the reasons described above).

Keep watching. The "curse" isn't that they transform into animals. Momiji did say something though this episode.

"Hatori didn't blame Akito." "Why?" "Because that's the curse."

As far as the emotional pacing, it may just be that the anime isn't translating it so well from the manga where it comes across slower and/or that at this point in writing the series the mangaka still wasn't sure if she would get the tell the whole story in the way she had planned out, so was fast tracking a few things. The emotional and character relationship development slows down a great deal once the story gets further into itself and you'll see how many layers there are to it that are truly being brought out slowly.
May 17, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
thebond_thecurse said:

He's the dragon? Dammit, I was really looking forward to seeing a proper dragon!

Exactly! A little baby dragon would be cute.. oh well
May 17, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
DustyHaze said:
Atavistic said:

The Sohma curse is very much a curse. I can't go into too much detail without spoiling future events in the plot, but there's already been a few hints the curse is a lot darker then it looks.

It's not just a cute thing of "Oh look, he becomes an animal when hugged by the opposite sex! How cute!". It's an actual curse that when you stop and think about it at the end of the series, you realize just how fucked up it really is.

Well, it's hard to accept that when the only hints of it have been characters outright calling it a curse without any explanation of why, and the fact that Yuki used to not have the best health. Other than that, the show has presented it solely as changing into animals so far, so it's not exactly fair to criticise the view I've gained from what the show has actually shown so far and without any knowledge of future developments (not everyone has read the manga and/or watched the original, after all).

Basically, my argument is that, if the show was going to do an episode like this, it needed to do more prior to this point to foreshadow that this is truly a messed up curse rather than using this backstory to introduce that notion (and seriously diluting the backstory's emotional impact in the process).

My other argument is that it's not fair to dangle future developments - that I have no way of knowing about - in front of me and critiquing my questions when the show has done nothing to really address it (someone else posted that Hatori didn't blame Akito because of the curse, but that explains literally nothing at this point and if anything only confuses things more so far).
May 17, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2019
Atavistic said:
My other argument is that it's not fair to dangle future developments - that I have no way of knowing about - in front of me and critiquing my questions when the show has done nothing to really address it (someone else posted that Hatori didn't blame Akito because of the curse, but that explains literally nothing at this point and if anything only confuses things more so far).

Why aren't you okay with being confused? Maybe the story wants you to be confused.

And I don't think anyone was critiquing your questions. You wondered if there was something more to the curse that hasn't been explained yet and people answered "Yes, there is."

Your criticism of the writing for having not explained everything to you yet is a bit odd to me though.
thebond_thecurseMay 17, 2019 12:20 PM
May 17, 2019 12:28 PM
Jan 2018
Okay, I am bawling my eyes out.
May 17, 2019 12:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
My favorite moment from the first half of Furuba finally animated ;_;
It's not the most original tragic story at this time, but this is adapted from content from the late 90's. Plus, it still works.
May 17, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2016
Akito is an asshole! How could he do that to Kana? What a Savage!! He must be the curse!

I was surprised to see a Seahorse! :o I don't think there's a Seahorse in the Chinese Zodiac... maybe he's supposeed to be a Dragon?

Oh crap... the moment I saw Kana passing by the bench, I freaked out! Hatori must feel very lonely without being able to be by her side, but unfortunately it was for the best ;_; If it wasn't for that fight, but no... Akito ruined everything, especialy their happiness ò_ó

Very sad episode :( Very emotional and dramatic.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 17, 2019 12:43 PM
Apr 2019
Crystal_Star07 said:

Spoilers, my dude? Maybe don't.
May 17, 2019 12:56 PM
Jan 2018
Well it was better than the others but I still wouldn't call it good
May 17, 2019 1:05 PM

Jan 2019
thebond_thecurse said:
Crystal_Star07 said:

Spoilers, my dude? Maybe don't.

I dont really think that was a spoiler. Yuki literally said in an earlier episode that he cant go against Akito's wishes even if he wanted to. All I did was make it more clear. I didnt spoil anything major.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
May 17, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2016
The moment Momiji and Tohru talked in Hatori's house, I can't stop feeling sad and crying. 😭
May 17, 2019 1:07 PM

Dec 2016
@Crystal_Star07
May 17, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2019
TheCobraSlayer said:
@Crystal_Star07

Deleted it happy? Although I didnt think it was a spoiler considering Yuki literally said that in a earlier episode.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
May 17, 2019 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
I almost forgot how depressing Hatori's backstory with Kana was since i havent seen the original in years...
Him saying he was happy for her at the end just crushed my heart uhgg
May 17, 2019 1:13 PM

Dec 2016
@Crystal_Star07

It's something that's a spoiler for someone that hasn't read the manga.

May 17, 2019 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
Hatori's past got to me once more, just like the manga and the 2001 anime did in the past. T_T

Kana is a really sweet lady and the way that she was able to melt Hatori's cold personality so easily made them a really close couple.

However, when it came to asking Akito's permission for them to get married, things got out of hand. Akito flipped, then shoved Hatori into one of the mirrors face-first, which resulted in Hatori's left eye getting injured.

Because of what happened, seeing how Hatori had to erase Kana's memories of him still made me shed a tear or two throughout the powerful scene. It was simply marvelous. =3

Another thing to mention is how cute Hatori is when he transforms into his zodiac animal, which is the seahorse or dragon. I had to laugh when they showed how similar Kana and Tohru's reactions were when they found out about Hatori being a seahorse. XD

Best episode so far from the new adaptation. =)
May 17, 2019 1:37 PM
Apr 2018
Sad, but nice backstory. Hatori is just trying to look out for Tohru, good guy.
May 17, 2019 1:51 PM

Mar 2016
They did Hatori’s backstory far more justice in the reboot here than in the original version.
May 17, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
It's 2019 and here I am reliving my Hatori feels again, but with modern animation and HD quality.

What a time to be alive.
May 17, 2019 2:09 PM

May 2016
Wow Hatori is a fucking bitch lol. I get that the curse PROBABLY plays some role in it, but to be denied love and then take your loved one getting her hair viciously pulled and thrown around in front of you like that, and to then get fucked up yourself, all without fighting back or standing up for yourself or her just once? ...And then to have your wife blame herself, become mentally ill and traumatized in grief, and still just take it idly and not hold any blame to the person who actually caused it all? And continue serving him without issue?

I can't be the only anime-only who's finding it hard to sympathize for him right now, right? Maybe I'm just heartless, but with where the story is now for me and what it has shown, it doesn't really look like either fought for that relationship much. The girlfriend/fiancee or whatever have you seemed pretty weak and I'm not sure I fully buy that reaction, seemed like a 180 of the character she was set up to be. To break and completely give up on everything just because you blame yourself for your partner being punched by a clearly petulant family member (his father?) and losing some of his eyesight, or being denied just once a blessing for marriage...

So far I've loved everything about this show (especially the great soundtrack) but the writing, which is a shame. The writing for me is feeling way too contrived way too much, and commits WAY too much to tell not show in it's thematic exploration. And the protagonist is the worst of it for me, she constantly just comes across as a device for the author to jamfist and preach her personal philosophies rather than an actual, believable person. So much out of place, unnatural, "deep" monologuing... I can forgive all the tired tropes and clichés keeping the source material's age and genre influence in mind, but... Man the writing style just hasn't been for me thus far.

And since this has happened before, if I make any source material readers who know more salty, you can respond with salt but don't reply with spoilers for why/how I'm wrong. If that's the case just let the story do it's job and convince me otherwise. I'm only criticising how it is working for me now--I know that I probably don't have the complete picture yet.

Swagernator said:

Also let me say this, i absolutely despise any form of memory erasing shenanigans in romance stories.

100% thank you. I hate this trope with a godamn passion, and not just because some NTR shit nearly always follows. They always write the characters as either completely helpless or completely useless to their situation, and neither is ever interesting because it always just feels contrived and forced for the sake of easy grand drama. Also why write romance with entirely, utterly unrelatable issues? Nothing about memory loss in a relationship is relatable to anyone under 50 or who doesn't look for dates in Alzheimer's carehomes.
ZaugrMay 17, 2019 3:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2019 2:09 PM
Mar 2019
I didn't think i'd cry this episode but the tears just wouldn't stop TTTT HATORIIII
May 17, 2019 2:24 PM

Sep 2017
this anime is so sweet and cute, i'm soooo glad it's getting a remake..
May 17, 2019 2:32 PM

Oct 2015
That was the most beautiful episode thus far. Outdid the 2001 version. I watched the Dub, which was fantastic, but the animation was also brilliant.
May 17, 2019 2:39 PM

Sep 2008
Wooh boy, quite a bit to cover here. This episode adapts chapters 10 and 12. Chapter 10's events were covered faithfully outside of some minor changes, while chapter 12's stuff mostly got crammed in near the middle of the episode to combine the chapters covering Hatori much in the same vain that the 2001 anime's eighth episode did covering the events. Anyway, here were differences I spotted in this episode:

-While Tohru was walking through the Sohma family premises, there's a removed scene from the manga showing Akito observing her presence through the reflection of a mirror.
-Tohru's skirt she wore to the Sohma house had a more elaborate floral design in the manga, which is simplified in the anime.
-While Momiji is explaining Hatori's past with Kana to Tohru, Kana had expressed dialogue during the flashback that is missing in the anime.
-Momiji wasn't downtrodden in the manga when asking Tohru if she was glad to have met him. In addition, there was a small scene shown after this cut from the anime where Momiji commented that Tohru was like his mother.
-The camera that Hatori put on Tohru's head was on there for a little longer in the manga.
-Some dialogue was removed for the anime following the point where Hatori said he had yet to introduce Tohru to Akito. In the manga, Shigure commented Akito was not in the mood to see visitors right now.
-When Tohru asked what Hatori's zodiac sign was, there was an awkward pause in the exchange between the two in the manga due to Hatori's embarrassment over it. This bit was removed for the anime.
-Following Hatori's apology to Tohru, there is a cut scene in the anime where the two exchange smiles with one another.
-The point where Hatori and Tohru go off together while Shigure and Momiji go to observe the preparations for their family's New Year festival was added for the anime to lead into adapting chapter 12's events. Shigure left with Tohru shortly afterward in the manga.
-The events leading to chapter 12's exchange with Hatori and Tohru differ greatly in the manga. The chapter is set following the New Year festival that would take place in chapter 11. Here, the chapter started featuring Hatori reflecting on his obligations to Akito and his father before Tohru greeting him snapped him back into reality as she just got done going to a temple with a friend for New Year's prayers. The two talked about the events of the previous chapter and Tohru remarking on the snowfall.
-The circumstances leading Tohru to trip and Hatori's transformation into his zodiac form differ in the manga. Instead of Tohru tripping on stairs and Hatori knocking himself out on the steps trying to catch her for the anime, Tohru had slipped on some ice and Hatori had hit his head on a phone pole catching her to knock himself out in the manga.
-The anime removed a flashback from the manga that showed Ayame (from the back, marking his earliest appearance in the manga) and Shigure teasing Hatori over his zodiac form while in high school.
-There is a difference in the sequence of scenes shown between the anime and manga that feature Hatori and Kana's time as a couple, among which include the scene of the two at the oceanside added for the anime.
-During Kana's panicking over Hatori's transformation, a small scene's added for the anime showing Kana tossing Hatori's zodiac state into a bathtub. In addition, the kiss shared between the two following their conversation was added for the anime.
-The anime added quite a bit of stuff to the scene where Akito violently refuses to accept Hatori and Kana's marriage. The frames of glass in Akito's room, Akito tugging Kana by the hair, and Hatori being shoved into one of the glass frames were all added for the anime. The manga never depicted how Akito injured Hatori's eye during the event.
-The scene featuring Akito manipulating Hatori into wiping out Kana's memories had a few small cosmetic changes in the manga with Hatori's injured eye having an eye patch over it instead of being bandaged up and Akito's kimono having a floral design on parts of it that was removed for the anime.
-During his final moment with Kana before removing her memories, Hatori never had his eye bandaged up during the encounter in the manga. However, this did create an inconsistency for the manga as Momiji's explanation of Hatori's past in chapter 10 featured his eye bandaged up during the encounter instead of an eye patch or nothing on it at all. The anime likely kept his eye bandaged up leading to this point in the flashback to help correct the mentioned inconsistency.
-Following the removal of Kana's memories, a couple of Akito's servants helped to scoop up Kana from the ground in the manga. This was not included in the anime.
-Tohru's explanation of events to Hatori over how he was knocked out was removed for the anime.
-Instead of going to retrieve Hatori's shoes, Tohru went to get a hot drink for him in the manga.
-Instead of snow starting to come down just after Tohru returned to Hatori, it had been snowing since Hatori regained consciousness in the manga. In addition, their exchange over Kana's riddle differed in some dialogue and small scenes between the anime and manga due to the change in circumstances leading up to it from combining chapters 10 and 12 together for the episode.
-Shigure and Tohru's departure from the main Sohma house had some changes due to chapter 12's events being added before the point both left in chapter 10.

1. In the manga, Tohru pondered internally over Hatori changing the topic of conversation when mentioning Akito. This was removed from the anime.
  2. Instead of encountering Akito in a limo coming by as in the anime, Tohru encountered him observing her from an open window before he went away in the manga.
  3. Shigure's chatter on what Tohru was making for dinner was added for the anime. Instead in the manga, he remarked that Tohru was going to be left behind as she noticed Akito looking at her.

-The anime removed a humorous scene showing Shigure wanting to put pieces of leak up the noses of a sleeping Yuki and Kyo.
May 17, 2019 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
Another episode in my own biased opinion that the old adaptation did it better.

Probably the only thing I do think this one did better was portraying how big was the Sohma state, and several cutscenes in terms of animation (like Kana comforting Haru after she finds out his secret). In my humble opinion the old adaptation did the rest a lot better.

I really don't like the way Okitsu Kazuyuki voices Hatori's lines, he sounds so monotonous and lifeless. All of his lines sound the same in terms of emotion, he almost sounds like a "shonen character" trying to sound badass, and that really ticks me off. Inoue Kazuhiko had a threatening but softer voice and also was able to portray regret and sorrow in the most important moments of Hatori's arc.

This new Kana gives a different vibe with her way to confess her feelings towards Hatori. For the record I have nothing against more forward women, I actually applaud them for their courage to take the initiative in a more bold manner. But with Kana I never felt she was that way, I felt she was more subtle, slow and steady in her way to win Hatori's heart. The last scene in this new adaptation where she appears walking behind Hatori's bench feels completely forced. Hatori and Kana haven't seen each other in 2 years, and now suddenly she pops out of nowhere in that precise place to point out she's getting married, and she states that she was originally aiming for Hatori and she liked his face more than her current fiance? come on.

My other gripe in this newly adapted episode was the place where Haru erases Kana's memories. Why would he do it right there at night in the middle of the street, on a snowy day with such light clothes on both of them? The old adaptation did it inside while it was still snowing outside. Making Kana leave the Sohma state after that sounds a lot more thoughtful than keeping her around in the Sohma's state (because I have no other reason to explain why would she pop out in that bench scene while they are still within the Sohma's state after 2 years)

The music even though it's ok, it lacks the prescence and weight the old soundtrack had in the most important scenes, like Haru erasing Kana's memories.

Even though this new female VA for Akito is doing a great job, I personally think the old male VA Murasaki Wakaba gave a great performance in the scene where he causes Haru's eye injury by going into a soft remorseful stance to a quick psycho beast like stance within seconds.
KimurahMay 17, 2019 3:10 PM
May 17, 2019 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
Kimurah said:
I really don't like the way Okitsu Kazuyuki voices Hatori's lines, he sounds so monotonous and lifeless. All of his lines sound the same in terms of emotion, he almost sounds like a "shonen character" trying to sound badass, and that really ticks me off. Inoue Kazuhiko had a threatening but softer voice and also was able to portray regret and sorrow in the most important moments of Hatori's arc.

I actually have to agree with this point. The new VA for Hatori seems to lack the expressive range of emotions that Hatori's old VA demonstrated in the older Fruits Basket. New Hatori sounded too stern and emotionless, and that effected how his scenes came across for this episode.
May 17, 2019 3:01 PM

Mar 2017
That was such a sad episode! I really get why Yuki doesn't want anything to do with the clan now. If i was Hatori i don't think i could forgive Akito and carry on living there like nothing happened. What is Akito's deal anyway?
I wanna know more about this curse ASAP!
May 17, 2019 3:19 PM
Feb 2015
After this episode I remembered how much I genuinely hated akito back then.
May 17, 2019 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Like I thought, this episode was chapters 10 and 12, like they did in the old anime, and it makes sense because they are both about Hatori. Then next episode will probably be chapter 11. And after that comes
can't wait, he's 1 of my fav characters. <3

I kinda don't like how Hatori's voice actor sounds, the old VA was better. But he looks better than in manga/old anime, he's more handsome. He's my fav from the older characters. Akito being an asshole and poor Kana and Hatori, it was a good episode. Can't choose between old anime and this one, both were good. Was that
in the car with Akito? :O

It was cute that in the ending they showed the seahorse instead of tiger and sheep. XD
SailorVekiMay 17, 2019 3:48 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
May 17, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2017
This week's episode made me feel sad =(
May 17, 2019 4:15 PM
Apr 2016
Tohru sure is sentimental, she cries so damn easily. Well, a backstory episode, it was a great backstory in my opinion, rather sad, too. Good episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

191 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.