Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 30 Discussion

May 17, 11:57 AM
I love jojo and i know that some nonsense happens from time to time but bucciarati's condition really bugs me off. I get that giorno healed him but he was just an empty shell he shouldn't have conciousness and just act like a robot
I think he should have died in ep 20. It was impactful and well writen

May 17, 12:14 PM

I knew something was wrong with Buccellati...

May 17, 12:43 PM
Why did Secco not turn into zippers after getting pounded by Sticky Fingers?

Ulquiorra said:
Secco is like a pet, Cioccolata's pet.
But hm, why isn't the mold affecting him?
So, maybe Giorno could have made Abbacchio a zombie too?

Secco was asking earlier about the stand that persisted after death because of the user's rage. Perhaps it was implied that an extremely strong emotion was required for them to cling onto life.

Mod edit: fixed double post
Modified by Barnald, May 21, 7:34 AM

May 17, 12:45 PM
eWEQRW123123 said:

because sticky fingers cant zip stands

Mezo-RPWPA said:
By far, the worst episode when it comes to directing, animation and overall art. Despite the good plot it had. it was kinda disappointing to watch.

what the animation was good and so was art and directing

Mod edit: fixed double post
Modified by Barnald, May 21, 7:33 AM

May 17, 1:17 PM

Mezo-RPWPA said:
By far, the worst episode when it comes to directing, animation and overall art. Despite the good plot it had. it was kinda disappointing to watch.

?? did you not watch episode 22 lol

I could see saying that about directing, even though I wouldn't agree, but saying that about the art is actually incomprehensible

May 17, 1:47 PM
I love part 5 so much, doesn't matter what other says. It always gonna be one of my favorite part.

May 17, 2:02 PM

gdi Bruno, why are you doing this to me?

May 17, 2:31 PM

Nakamura's "arrivederci" gives me life
ハートに火をつけて

May 17, 3:18 PM
It better be 2 hole minutes the next episode.

May 17, 4:43 PM

Yeah, can’t wait to see another 10 hours of something (yoshi, yoshi...), I wonder how many I have now for the whole part... I don’t know Cioccolata’s seiyuu because I would have a better reaction if it was someone I know but he is doing a great job for this.

Great episode, I’m worried about Bucciarati...

May 17, 4:49 PM

Lemonraj said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I could see saying that about directing, even though I wouldn't agree, but saying that about the art is actually incomprehensible

the art was horrible. This episode felt like an amature drawing the characters. they looked like shit, there was a time in the episode when they were looking left and it felt like a completely horribly drawn version of the characters. IDK how you thought this was good at all tbh.

May 17, 5:31 PM

Mezo-RPWPA said:
Lemonraj said:

the art was horrible. This episode felt like an amature drawing the characters. they looked like shit, there was a time in the episode when they were looking left and it felt like a completely horribly drawn version of the characters. IDK how you thought this was good at all tbh.

Didn't actually respond to what I said tho. They were actually mostly on model in this episode compared to episode 22 when they literally weren't at all. You said "by far the worst episode." Also, I don't want to call your opinion bait, but it's funny to see how you're the only one with it. People on here love to be extremely negative as it is, I'm seriously questioning if you've seen any previous episodes of this series
Modified by Lemonraj, May 17, 5:36 PM

May 17, 5:32 PM

Mezo-RPWPA said:
Lemonraj said:

"Horrible" Alright lets calm down. I agree that this episode has worse art than usual but it's not horrible by any means.

May 17, 5:37 PM

Green Day is worse than I remember. Yikes at those people instantly disintegrating.

Ocalino said:
Also for the love of god Mista stop getting shot by your own bullets

He's just following the trend started by Hol Horse.

Ulquiorra said:
Secco is like a pet, Cioccolata's pet.
But hm, why isn't the mold affecting him?
So, maybe Giorno could have made Abbacchio a zombie too?

Secco is protected by Oasis.

And no, Abbacchio was killed before Giorno got there. Bruno's soul hadn't fully departed yet.

I thought I remembered the reason Bruno survived was because he got hit by that life punch at the start of the season, but I guess I was wrong.

eWEQRW123123 said:

He did. You can see the zippers form on him before he runs away. His Stand just protected most of his body.
Modified by Hobgoblin2099, May 17, 5:42 PM

May 17, 5:53 PM

Lemonraj said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Didn't actually respond to what I said tho. They were actually mostly on model in this episode compared to episode 22 when they literally weren't at all. You said "by far the worst episode." Also, I don't want to call your opinion bait, but it's funny to see how you're the only one with it. People on here love to be extremely negative as it is, I'm seriously questioning if you've seen any previous episodes of this series

didn't mean to be negative that much. Maybe I didn't focus much on the 22nd episode for other reasons but I found it was like bad in this one. at least I personally found it to be the worst in the whole season. I still said it had good plot tho.

May 17, 6:37 PM

Things took a deeper turn when Bucciarati was telling us about his condition. I really am sad that he is on a temporary life, I did suspect a bit but I never paid any mind to it. Hope he lives through it and marry Trish if possible.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

May 17, 7:03 PM

Nycro said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

"Horrible" Alright lets calm down. I agree that this episode has worse art than usual but it's not horrible by any means.

I don't even know what you guys are talking about.
Animation wise it was average but when it comes to art there were many good scenes.
Ciocolatta and Secco's expressions were way better than the manga.
And the scene with Giorno and Bruno in the car was especially well drawn and way better than the "usual"

May 17, 7:19 PM

The Chocolate Duo's interactions were oddly horrifyingly adorable.

Also next week is THE moment.
I used to be a watchmaker.

May 17, 7:19 PM
Amazing ep. They really put out the stops for this one, we're getting to the endgame boys. So much was good this ep, the OST was 100% on point, the voice acting was top-tier (shoutouts to Gio and Bruno's seiyuus, especially Bruno's, that stand rush and arrivederci so fucking good). The animation was really nice too, same with the direction. The ep captured so many moods so well, the action scenes were thrilling, the emotional scenes punched hard and the atmosphere during Cio and Secco's scenes was captured perfectly. God the bit where you see Green Day's effects on the city's people was disgusting.

The last bit with Giorno and Bruno exchanging those looks that signaled their trust in eachother was so damn nice too. DP have brought out the best of both characters in this adaptation, the subtle good direction that's been consistent through the part has made it so it's never really once felt like Bruno has overtaken Giorno in the spotlight. Both feel equal like two protagonists in a later JoJo part, it's really well done imo.

May 17, 7:36 PM
Nycro said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

How was the art worse than usual? It was consistently on-model the entire time and stayed that way even during the scenes animated with a lot of movement. This episode had top-tier art and direction, I agree completely with the comments people've said before, the scene with Giorno and Bruno in the car looked really damn good and conveyed so much emotion.

May 17, 9:35 PM

YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH YOSH
Man this adaptation just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for the rest of the good stuff!
"If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses." -Katsuki Bakugo

May 17, 10:09 PM

Something tells me the next episode is going to be REALLY good. The action is getting faster and faster paced and I love it. I love the Stand fights in this part so much in that you just have people who are truly masters with their abilities going at one another. Also, holy shit the relationship between Cioccolata and Secco is... Really weird. Can't wait for next week!

May 17, 10:40 PM

WorldoverHeaven said:
eWEQRW123123 said:

He actually did zip Oasis/Secco on that scene tho, but it was barely noticiable. He also zipped The Grateful Dead and King Crimson.

I guess the beatdown wasn't powerful enough to do a Pesci-thing (because of his current state) and/or Oasis is kind of resistant.

May 18, 1:22 AM
R3K_ said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

He actually did zip Oasis/Secco on that scene tho, but it was barely noticiable. He also zipped The Grateful Dead and King Crimson.

I guess the beatdown wasn't powerful enough to do a Pesci-thing (because of his current state) and/or Oasis is kind of resistant.

wait i dont remember that when did it happen

May 18, 4:49 AM

there is a certain kind of "stand of the week" fatigue setting in right now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

May 18, 5:20 AM
Comander-07 said:

that only happened in part 3 the formula stayed the same but characters and stands are
million times better now because they are interesting

May 18, 5:21 AM

WorldoverHeaven said:
Comander-07 said:

that only happened in part 3 the formula stayed the same but characters and stands are
million times better now because they are interesting
guess I felt wrong then...

May 18, 8:52 AM

Comander-07 said:

What a coincidence seeing this and a topic about it right underneath it.

May 18, 10:38 AM
Comander-07 said:

How so? Every Stand battle so far has helped push things forwards in some way. B.I.G. gave us Trish's major development and her awakening her Stand, Clash/Talking Head further set-up the conflict to come by linking back to the previous eps via introducing Diavolo's personal guard which in return perfectly sets up Green Day & Oasis as the penultimate arc thanks to just how well built-up Ciocolatta and Secco have been since they were first teased as the ones who killed Sorbet and Gelato. Loved how formidable they both seemed this ep, Ciocolatta especially, having a Stand that does so much indiscriminate damage puts him just around the same level as DIO in terms of how scummy he is.

May 18, 11:36 AM

CondemneDio said:
Not enjoying this season.

Out of curiosity, which season was your favorite?

I know people here were iffy on it, but I liked Diamond is Unbreakable more than Vento Aureo. Sure, things were slower paced and there were goofier episodes, but that's what helped me wind up getting invested in the characters.

Vento Aureo feels like it's going by too fast for me. I also don't enjoy the main villain too much. That said, the anime adaptation has made this part more enjoyable for me than when I read the manga.

Comander-07 said:

May 18, 11:40 AM

Hobgoblin2099 said:
CondemneDio said:

I know people here were iffy on it, but I liked Diamond is Unbreakable more than Vento Aureo. Sure, things were slower paced and there were goofier episodes, but that's what helped me wind up getting invested in the characters.

Vento Aureo feels like it's going by too fast for me. I also don't enjoy the main villain too much. That said, the anime adaptation has made this part more enjoyable for me than when I read the manga.

Comander-07 said:

If I had to rank them now: 1st season, Diamond is Unbreakable, Stardust Crusaders, and lastly, Vento Aureo.

My biggest problem with Part 5 is how Giorno is such a fucking Gary Stu. The stakes are non-existent since Giorno just solves everything.

May 18, 11:47 AM

CondemneDio said:
My biggest problem with Part 5 is how Giorno is such a fucking Gary Stu. The stakes are non-existent since Giorno just solves everything.

I can understand that. I gave it a bit of a pass early on, but I didn't remember Giorno typically going "I've figured out exactly how this ability works by only seeing it one or two times!" so often.

I think Giorno is at his best before Soft Machine. He exudes a bit more personality back then and also came up with a solid method to defeat Black Sabbath after observing it over time and with help from Koichi. His fight with Bruno also wasn't bad.

May 18, 11:51 AM

Hobgoblin2099 said:
CondemneDio said:

I can understand that. I gave it a bit of a pass early on, but I didn't remember Giorno typically going "I've figured out exactly how this ability works by only seeing it one or two times!" so often.

I think Giorno is at his best before Soft Machine. He exudes a bit more personality back then and also came up with a solid method to defeat Black Sabbath after observing it over time and with help from Koichi. His fight with Bruno also wasn't bad.

Yea. As much as I might've seemed to hate everything about Giorno, I have to admit he was pretty cool at the start.

May 18, 12:47 PM
CondemneDio said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

If I had to rank them now: 1st season, Diamond is Unbreakable, Stardust Crusaders, and lastly, Vento Aureo.

giorno isnt a gary stue for fuck sake can you at least name situation where he is

May 18, 1:33 PM

WorldoverHeaven said:
CondemneDio said:

giorno isnt a gary stue for fuck sake can you at least name situation where he is

He literally can analyze every enemy stand in a few seconds, and come up with the perfect bullshit plan against it. He never has actualy trouble against any of his foes.

May 18, 1:45 PM
CondemneDio said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

He literally can analyze every enemy stand in a few seconds, and come up with the perfect bullshit plan against it. He never has actualy trouble against any of his foes.

so what him being smart is gary stue and he has had many problems when dealing with other stand users

May 18, 2:01 PM

Part 5 is the best. I've been re-watching DiU via the dub as it airs on Toonami each weekend and my god, unlike the other parts it's so boring to re-watch. I really dislike the slice-of-life pacing. Where's the urgency? Shigechi gets brutally murdered, and like a few episodes later Josuke is playing a game of dice with Rohan as if he doesn't have a serial killer to worry about. Or, wasting time investigating a guy living on a transmission radio tower. Huh?

Here we have gang warfare featuring the most brutal stands/enemies in the series. And the enemies have motivation for what they do, whereas Kira just wants to hide. Where's the danger for the heroes? Actual fights against actual enemies. Not that DiU nonsense where 95% of the enemies became allies. The other parts also have the cast moving around, traveling via train, ship, airplane, helicopter, horseback, etc chasing after stuff which usually leads to cool battles at different places and thus a sense of adventure. DiU feels stagnant by comparison.

Btw, this episode was awesome. Incredible job by David Pro and the VAs in capturing Cioccolata and Secco's energy from the manga. Fantastic animation and acting on display here.

May 18, 3:03 PM

WorldoverHeaven said:
CondemneDio said:

so what him being smart is gary stue and he has had many problems when dealing with other stand users

He does it too well. It's okay to have smart characters, but there's a difference between being smart, and having access to the meta-knowledge of the situation (which Giorno basically has at this point).

May 18, 3:10 PM
CondemneDio said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

He does it too well. It's okay to have smart characters, but there's a difference between being smart, and having access to the meta-knowledge of the situation (which Giorno basically has at this point).

the only time that i can aggre with you is with greatful dead fight but every other time giorno took the facts and taught about them

May 18, 5:43 PM

oh jesus i'm in love with mista x giorno ship
Modified by Chubbydoggo17, May 18, 5:49 PM

May 18, 9:19 PM
Yeah, Giorno isn't a Gary Stu. Bruno saved him and everyone else from The Grateful Dead and Beach Boy, Trish saved him from Notorious B.I.G., he wouldn't have been able to deliver the killing blow in the White Album fight without Mista, Narancia literally saved him in the fight against Clash and Talking Head. Giorno has been incapacitated several times throughout the part and one of the other main characters had to be the one to win the fight.

The thing about Giorno is that he helps to push the other members of the group forward and gives them the resolve to figure out how to defeat the enemies they go up against, sometimes indirectly. It's different from someone like Jotaro who was usually able to solo most of the stand users he went up against in Part 3.
Modified by Grimmgeta, May 18, 10:16 PM

May 18, 11:31 PM

The 2 famous scenes finally got animated: Cioccolata petting Secco like a dog & Giorno circling Mista’s waist while supporting his hand for combination of the stand abilities.

Buccellati being badass once again is always a pleasure. His zombie status also got clarified. Actually they’ve been teasing this for quite a few episodes, so it’s more of a verification than a surprise.

Quite impressed by KENN, the voice actor of Secco. He had only left me with a pretty boy impression. Honestly I didn’t expect him to be this good at voicing an awkward villain.

May 19, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I don't understand how Giorno is a Gary Stu at all. He might figure things out in a fight (and you might notice that he has actually been getting better and faster at identifying what is going on with a stand throughout the part, showing progress in his fighting skills) but he is almost always incapacitated in the fights he takes a part in. The only fights that he has managed on his own so far off the top of my head are Bruno, Black Sabbath, and Babyface. Every other fight he takes a part in he is completely knocked out of like Grateful Dead or virtually useless like with White Album.

May 19, 1:40 AM

Mezo-RPWPA said:
Lemonraj said:

didn't mean to be negative that much. Maybe I didn't focus much on the 22nd episode for other reasons but I found it was like bad in this one. at least I personally found it to be the worst in the whole season. I still said it had good plot tho.
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Lemonraj said:

What are you talking about? I can't see how you thought this was at all horrible. I thought it was one of the better quality ones. Are you sure you're watching the same episode? I'm honestly pausing to find anything even remotely off-model or bad.

From what I'm reading, you seem to be in the minority here. I'm trying to understand how something atrocious like episode 22 gets by you but somehow this episode is bad animation/artwork wise let alone THE WORST. I'm open to screencaps of whatever scene you found terrible. I could have missed something since I've watched this super late.

Modified by kondee, May 19, 1:47 AM

May 19, 2:38 AM
I love these episodes lately this season is hype. Secco and Ciocolatta really give me the creeps. That bucciarati seen was hella sad, I kinda thought thatd be the case with the lack of blood mentioned a few times, but damn. :(

I still don't know whos worse Ciocolatta or Angelo from part 4, they both messed up af

May 19, 3:04 AM
This Episode is so crazy, Green Day stand really no joke
The interaction in the car is good.
really no one talked about poor little girl and her father? its really genocide
Secco's stand Oasis is like Ghiaccio's stand White Album a body covered with stand

May 19, 3:09 AM

How is the zipper man even alive... is like hmm

May 19, 4:23 AM

Think it this way, what Giorno did to Bucciarati is unintentional, he didn't know his stands can do such a thing, even if he knew, he'd never do same thing to Abbacchio, because it's clearly inhuman,..
What is dead may never die..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”

May 19, 4:27 AM

Shoryuuken said:
Comander-07 said:

What a coincidence indeed. I guess I am right then.

Modernoir said:
Comander-07 said:

How so? Every Stand battle so far has helped push things forwards in some way. B.I.G. gave us Trish's major development and her awakening her Stand, Clash/Talking Head further set-up the conflict to come by linking back to the previous eps via introducing Diavolo's personal guard which in return perfectly sets up Green Day & Oasis as the penultimate arc thanks to just how well built-up Ciocolatta and Secco have been since they were first teased as the ones who killed Sorbet and Gelato. Loved how formidable they both seemed this ep, Ciocolatta especially, having a Stand that does so much indiscriminate damage puts him just around the same level as DIO in terms of how scummy he is.
Hot not so? We already encountered the boss. Everything between that and some small fry now feels like filler content. If Narancia died that would have atleast put something on the table. This just feels like "yeah Giorno and Mista will win anyway so who cares". Maybe its also that they dont finish them off quickly. Idk. Its a feeling.

Hobgoblin2099 said:
CondemneDio said:

Comander-07 said:

good. I hoped so.

May 19, 4:42 AM
Comander-07 said:
Shoryuuken said:

What a coincidence indeed. I guess I am right then.

Modernoir said:

Hot not so? We already encountered the boss. Everything between that and some small fry now feels like filler content. If Narancia died that would have atleast put something on the table. This just feels like "yeah Giorno and Mista will win anyway so who cares". Maybe its also that they dont finish them off quickly. Idk. Its a feeling.

Hobgoblin2099 said:

good. I hoped so.

ah yes filer like showing consequences of betraying the boss trish geting her stand introducing a twist to boss like him having a second personality killing the leader of execution squad and finding bosses indentity and a way to beat him
ah yes this is all filler right guys

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »