Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

May 15, 2:47 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ai is the hero this show deserves.

Bohman and Playmaker's duel is really heading to its big climax now. Honestly, I felt the duel got dragged too much but it is what it is. About time Bohman got beat. At long last!

May 15, 4:56 AM

And it's over, I really enjoyed this duel/arc.
I'm glad Ai is back, maybe the other Ignis can be restored.

May 15, 8:16 AM
Ulquiorra said:
And it's over, I really enjoyed this duel/arc.
I'm glad Ai is back, maybe the other Ignis can be restored.

Hey, atleast we got Season 3. :)

May 15, 10:19 AM

F i r e w a l l d a r k f l u i d
there you have it firewall fans now you got the upgrade that you always wanted,so now that yusaku has a new firewall i guess the original firewall is 100% dead at this point.
overall i really hope season 3 is better than this because this whole arc didn't do it for me tbqh.

May 15, 2:36 PM

The climax is literally Yusei vs Z-one 2.0, and it's just another case of "let's just copy this cool thing without understanding why it works in the first place". In 5D's, it was the pay off of the bond that Yusei had built for 150 episodes. In Vrains, it just fails on conceptual level. Windy and Lightning were enemies. Aqua had no bond with PM whatsoever. Earth only knew him for like 5 or 6 episodes (why was he inside Bohman anyway? Didn't he get absorbed into Go? I don't believe this was explained). Only Ai and Flame are justified for this nakama power. Not to mention that Firewall Darkfluid is probably the least hype "boss" monster summoning ever.

Oh well, finally this arc is over. Hopefully the next one will be better.

May 15, 6:37 PM

JustMonaka said:
The climax is literally Yusei vs Z-one 2.0, and it's just another case of "let's just copy this cool thing without understanding why it works in the first place". In 5D's, it was the pay off of the bond that Yusei had built for 150 episodes. In Vrains, it just fails on conceptual level. Windy and Lightning were enemies. Aqua had no bond with PM whatsoever. Earth only knew him for like 5 or 6 episodes (why was he inside Bohman anyway? Didn't he get absorbed into Go? I don't believe this was explained). Only Ai and Flame are justified for this nakama power. Not to mention that Firewall Darkfluid is probably the least hype "boss" monster summoning ever.

I was about to say that and then some. Yea the furious finish with the new Firewall was pretty cool, but the entire arc itself felt too contrived to where character relationships never really felt deep, and like you said, it’s in contrast to the 150 episode payoff that 5Ds had that made the latter’s case leagues better.

May 15, 6:45 PM

JustMonaka said:

but they do have a bond with AI , still i agree that we dont have enough bonding episodes
this season wasted too much time in the first half , no one cared about soulburner ffs so no need to have him make 10 episodes of the season a filler

still i liked the season , revolver set the "rival" bar too high for someone like bowman to challenge it

May 16, 6:56 AM

RIP Bohman
Death by friendship

May 20, 5:18 AM
juicykitten95 said:
JustMonaka said:

but they do have a bond with AI , still i agree that we dont have enough bonding episodes
this season wasted too much time in the first half , no one cared about soulburner ffs so no need to have him make 10 episodes of the season a filler

still i liked the season , revolver set the "rival" bar too high for someone like bowman to challenge it

Who cares what you people say, atleast this season is over and now we got SOL tech as the big bad :)