Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
May 14, 2019 7:11 PM
Mar 2019
Finished the show a couple months back and I noticed during the last few episodes that it was hinting at time travel or time paradox. A few times through out the show they mentioned about the Hero who sealed that dragon at start of show. And I'm guessing the paradox or time travel might be based on her.

1) the mask the main character has from the girl possessing Ifrit is mentioned about having some Space Time affect or something to it.
2) the little girl towards end of series got possessed by a "Spirit" from the future.
3) the "Spirit" acted like it knew the main character just before possessing girl.

I'm not to sure exactly what a time paradox is since it isn't commonly used in Games or Videos. I only recall Time Splitters.

Or I could just be wrong and the world that main character is in is in a loop. Reminds me of the movie Looper. Seems like it could be like that since the movie is about a loop that happened from a single event and keeps happening until the loop is broken.

Anyone else thinking anything like this after watching the Show? I haven't seen the OVA's. 1 OVA I did get was just a recap and I don't do recaps. I feel they are a waste of time and effort.

Edit: Just remembered, but when Slime went to teach the kids he had some reaction in the room.
LordShiryuuMay 14, 2019 9:51 PM
May 15, 2019 8:43 PM

Feb 2017
LordShiryuu said:
Finished the show a couple months back and I noticed during the last few episodes that it was hinting at time travel or time paradox. A few times through out the show they mentioned about the Hero who sealed that dragon at start of show. And I'm guessing the paradox or time travel might be based on her.

1) the mask the main character has from the girl possessing Ifrit is mentioned about having some Space Time affect or something to it.
2) the little girl towards end of series got possessed by a "Spirit" from the future.
3) the "Spirit" acted like it knew the main character just before possessing girl.

I'm not to sure exactly what a time paradox is since it isn't commonly used in Games or Videos. I only recall Time Splitters.

Or I could just be wrong and the world that main character is in is in a loop. Reminds me of the movie Looper. Seems like it could be like that since the movie is about a loop that happened from a single event and keeps happening until the loop is broken.

Anyone else thinking anything like this after watching the Show? I haven't seen the OVA's. 1 OVA I did get was just a recap and I don't do recaps. I feel they are a waste of time and effort.

Edit: Just remembered, but when Slime went to teach the kids he had some reaction in the room.

simply put ,
rimuru does stuck in endless time loop
May 15, 2019 9:15 PM
Mar 2019
Just finished watching it again and I have noticed quite a bit of parts towards end of show that heavily hint at a time loop. Seems Chloe is a major piece to it. And possibly main character/dragon. Still a very interesting show.

Didn't notice or put together many of the pieces the first time around. But watching it again helped.
May 19, 2019 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
Rimuru isn't stuck in endless time loop. He doesn't posses time traveling abilities so he can't. But yes there is time traveler in this show. Not sure how much you wanna know. Time paradox (also known as temporal paradox or time travel paradox) is a group of two paradoxes. Casual Loop and Grandfather paradox. Casual loop occurs when future event is a cause of past event, which cause this future event. Example: It's late evening and your father came back from work to home and say there will be no supper because shop was empty on food. You time travel 2 hours before your dad came back home and buy last fish or whatever there was. It's a pretty simple and not well thought example but you should get how it works. Now Grandfather paradox happens when you time travel for example before your grandfather and grandmother were together and you kill one of them which prevent your existence. What happens? Who knows? You may disappear, some external forces may stop you from doing it no matter what or you may create another time line which existence in the same time as your time line. In this anime casual loop will occur.
About anime, I watched like 5 episodes and I was disappointed. Maybe because I read novel and it was just better.
edit.1 about the mask, in novel it was only anti-demon mask which was supposed to restrain Ifrit's control, I don't think they would change it in the anime.
MaayuMay 19, 2019 10:13 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.