Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 15, 2019 6:18 AM

Aug 2018
Yes its worth it. I started it in March in last year, and watched the whole series in 5 months. The anime was better before the timeskip, but the manga is just great and my absolutely favourite.
May 15, 2019 6:30 AM

Sep 2014
I would say check the manga instead. The anime is just too long and really sluggish later on that might ruin the series for you.
May 15, 2019 6:58 AM

Oct 2018
Just read the manga since anime went downhill after timeskip
May 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Aug 2018
OmegaTheOtaku said:
So when it comes to One Piece i have always avoided it due to the length of the show, but there are many things i love about it. Character designs, Storylines and Arcs, Figures based on the characters, and much more. I want to get into the show and enjoy it but i feel like i have so many other shows i wanna watch instead, and One Piece would take up alot of time just to catch up on. So overall is it worth the watch?

Haha I still haven't caught up with One Piece. It was one of my favorites growing up, but the 2nd half of the anime drags so much! Like you'll glaze over 6 episodes and barely anything happens to move the plot.

Even with that being said, I'd give it a shot! Unless this is the nostalgia talking, I remember the first half of the anime being really enjoyable! All the reasons you say it looks interesting are spot on (characters, arcs, etc.). After the time skip though, you might want to read the manga. To each his own, but slogging through the 2nd half of the anime feels like a chore to me.
May 15, 2019 7:12 AM

Mar 2017
Of course not. Both the One Piece anime and manga have been garbage for years upon years now. The most recent arcs are some of the most garbage arcs in shounen. You're better off watching something shorter and better. One Piece is complete junk.
May 15, 2019 7:16 AM

Jun 2012
petran79 said:
Those who say One Piece anime is not what it used to be: has it reached the bottom line of Naruto and Bleach bad episode arcs or is it still a far cry from that?

I'd say yes. The stories themselves are great, but the pacing is absolute garbage. There is so much empty stuff to fill episodes. I binge watch about 13 episodes every season, and it's very telling that the last few were just a bunch of recap episodes that don't make a point. Even worse, the important non-recap bits are still in those episodes, so you just can't skip them outright.

I love One Piece, but the anime makes me groan like none other. I don't read much manga, but if you enjoy reading manga, that's the way to consume One Piece. Around episode 400, the anime starts having more episodes per arc than the manga has chapters per arc.

thatrpgdude said:
Of course not. Both the One Piece anime and manga have been garbage for years upon years now. The most recent arcs are some of the most garbage arcs in shounen. You're better off watching something shorter and better. One Piece is complete junk.

Sure thing edgelord :^)
VileFaeMay 15, 2019 7:20 AM
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
May 15, 2019 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
One Piece is 100% worth the time and investment. If you're a fan of shounen it's everything you love done perfectly.
May 15, 2019 7:38 AM

Nov 2016
Yes. That said, as many have mentioned, the manga is the less frustrating experience. You can start with the anime, as it is a solid adaptation till around episode 460, from there I would recommend to switch to the manga. Occasionally there are still some great moments and episodes one may want to see and I could help you with listing them for you, but overall it's not really worth it, unless you're are a fan.

Regarding the story, I will keep it brief. If you enjoy adventure, comedy, an interesting setting, large world building, quirky characters, cool abilities, masterfully handled foreshadowing and insane twists, then you should like it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2019 7:53 AM

May 2018
I'm actually amazed that the shit post counter in here is literally "1" only for such a thread, made by @thatrpgdude
5 sentences, two times the use of garbage, once the use of junk, pff.

-------

As some people already mentioned, IF you want to start with One Piece, then it would be advised to go with the manga.
The anime is good at first. Percentage wise fillers are almost non existant, and some of them are actually enjoyable. However, at some point the anime starts to adapt like 1 chapter per episode, it will drag so much that you might start to hate the series.
So do yourself a favour and go with the manga version. If you start to like it at the point of..let's say the Arlong Arc then you're good to go.
May 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
It has one good arc, the rest is boring-average.
May 15, 2019 8:01 AM
Apr 2016
xShinigami3125 said:

But you only watched 10 episodes. Are you saying you encountered a good arc in the first 10?
May 15, 2019 8:01 AM

Jul 2016
No, but if you want to really get into One Piece so bad, then I suggest you read the manga, I read it in one week only. Read up until the Dressrosa arc and then drop it, even the manga dropped hard in quality after the timeskip. I would say the best arc was the Enies Lobby arc.
May 15, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2016
2ego said:
xShinigami3125 said:

But you only watched 10 episodes. Are you saying you encountered a good arc in the first 10?

I think that he is reading the manga.
May 15, 2019 8:07 AM
Apr 2016
Optigisa said:
2ego said:

Ah, I see. Didn't check his manga list, only the anime list. Well, his "mini-review" on it is horrid. I guess some people only see the bad in shows.
May 15, 2019 8:22 AM

Mar 2017
ArrRti said:
I'm actually amazed that the shit post counter in here is literally "1" only for such a thread, made by @thatrpgdude

Because those are the two words that best describe the quality of One Piss. One Piss is hands down the most boring, overrated, cliche, badly written, and repetitive shounen I have ever read.
May 15, 2019 8:25 AM

Jul 2016
2ego said:
Optigisa said:

Ah, I see. Didn't check his manga list, only the anime list. Well, his "mini-review" on it is horrid. I guess some people only see the bad in shows.

lol, maybe he likes the manga more? The manga is definitely much more tolerable.
May 15, 2019 8:32 AM

May 2018
@thatrpgdude
Cool story trying to defend your shit posting with another shit post.
While you're at it, why not opening up another thread, where you discredit a ton of people for using the "about me" site not to your personal liking.

EDIT: It's the last of such responses@ OP , so bear with it. ;)
May 15, 2019 8:33 AM

Mar 2017
ArrRti said:
@thatrpgdude
While you're at it, why not opening up another thread, where you discredit a ton of people for using the "about me" site not to your personal liking.

Already did that. Instead I should make a thread about how bad One Piece is.
May 15, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
I don't know what's so hard to grasp here. People enjoy different things. A fan will probably tell you it's worth it and a hater will tell you it's the biggest pile of junk you'll ever watch. Why don't you try a couple of episodes and find out for yourself. The best opinion on a show is your own opinion.

Prince said:
It's worth it if you enjoy the show yes. And if you don't then no.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
May 15, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2017
If you want to waste hours upon hours of your life, then go for it. One Piece is the most slow paced anime ever and doesn't even get inteesting until about 200 episodes in.
May 15, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2014
You're literally talking about wasting time on anime on an anime forum. You hella gay mate
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
May 15, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2018
2ego said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I read the entire manga, cuz everyone kept telling me it was better, and I was sick with nothing else to do.
And the marieneford arc was very good, but the rest was repedetive, silly, and just standart.
May 15, 2019 9:13 AM
Apr 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
2ego said:

I read the entire manga, cuz everyone kept telling me it was better, and I was sick with nothing else to do.
And the marieneford arc was very good, but the rest was repedetive, silly, and just standart.

Ah, I think you are just not able to see how good it actually is. Try watching this video, I hope it will open your eyes:

May 15, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Take care of yourself

May 15, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2018
2ego said:
thepath said:
I'm on episode 97

It is not good. It is average at most

I recommend Hunter x Hunter 2011 or JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure if you are longing for long anime. Both are much better than One Piece

Keep watching, it will get better and better. Also, I do agree on HxH part, but JoJo is actually garbage, just enjoyable.
--

Yes, I do recommend watching it, and I do think it's worth it. Best thing is how much you'll get attached to the characters, not many anime can attach you as much as One Piece does.

What do you mean by its garbage? Jojo in general got a lot better in fact part 7 is better than entire one piece series, don't shit on one of the most influence manga like that. Hell majority of mangaka took inspiration from jojo including hunter x hunter and one piece creator. Part 3 might be boring and repetitive but don't say it's garbage when you haven't witness Araki's best work yet and here I thought you are a fan now after watching part 5.
Ri22rkMay 15, 2019 1:13 PM
May 15, 2019 1:20 PM
Apr 2016
ExodiaX said:
2ego said:

Keep watching, it will get better and better. Also, I do agree on HxH part, but JoJo is actually garbage, just enjoyable.
--

Yes, I do recommend watching it, and I do think it's worth it. Best thing is how much you'll get attached to the characters, not many anime can attach you as much as One Piece does.

What do you mean by its garbage? Jojo in general got a lot better in fact part 7 is better than entire one piece series, don't shit on one of the most influence manga like that. Hell majority of mangaka took inspiration from jojo including hunter x hunter and one piece creator. Part 3 might be boring and repetitive but don't say it's garbage when you haven't witness Araki's best work yet and here I thought you are a fan now after watching part 5.

I am a fan. Overall it does get better, but still nearly the entire series is "stand-of-the-episode is...!!" basically really really repetitive. I'm not one bit biased, I am open to every anime. Also, the manga doesn't count as "anime," the anime doesn't go that far, thus I can't judge JoJo series including the manga. But still, the original creator quickly runs out of ideas, and when he does he starts doing the stand-of-the-episode thingy.
May 15, 2019 1:28 PM

Oct 2018
2ego said:
ExodiaX said:

I am a fan. Overall it does get better, but still nearly the entire series is "stand-of-the-episode is...!!" basically really really repetitive. I'm not one bit biased, I am open to every anime. Also, the manga doesn't count as "anime," the anime doesn't go that far, thus I can't judge JoJo series including the manga. But still, the original creator quickly runs out of ideas, and when he does he starts doing the stand-of-the-episode thingy.
tbh I have only problem with part 3 and 4, everything after that was done really well, I'm also a huge of minor antagonists of part 5. They all have their own goals and are not fighting for no reason like part 3. I can see why people can hate jojo after watching part 3 but you shouldn't underestimate this series, I'm a fan of both hunter x hunter and one piece but I can't consider them as a top tier series since they're still ongoing unlike most of the parts of jojo.
May 15, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 2016
ExodiaX said:
2ego said:

tbh I have only problem with part 3 and 4, everything after that was done really well, I'm also a huge of minor antagonists of part 5. They all have their own goals and are not fighting for no reason like part 3. I can see why people can hate jojo after watching part 3 but you shouldn't underestimate this series, I'm a fan of both hunter x hunter and one piece but I can't consider them as a top tier series since they're still ongoing unlike most of the parts of jojo.

I don't hate JoJo, I am a big fan of every part. Part 5 is by far the best part, part 4 was rather good too, but doesn't come close to part 5. Unlike every other part, part 5 doesn't have any plot-holes, making it stand out a lot for a JoJo season. Whether you like it or not, objectively the CURRENT JoJo series IS garbage, due to the ABSURD amount of plot-holes in every part except 5. Hopefully it can balance out the plot-holes in the future adaptations, by adapting the "better" other parts of the manga.
May 15, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2018
2ego said:
ExodiaX said:

I don't hate JoJo, I am a big fan of every part. Part 5 is by far the best part, part 4 was rather good too, but doesn't come close to part 5. Unlike every other part, part 5 doesn't have any plot-holes, making it stand out a lot for a JoJo season. Whether you like it or not, objectively the CURRENT JoJo series IS garbage, due to the ABSURD amount of plot-holes in every part except 5. Hopefully it can balance out the plot-holes in the future adaptations.

Yeah, part 5 is by far the best animated jojo part in my opinion, plot holes might gets annoying but every series have some plot hols anyway, you can take whole cake island arc as a prime example. Part 3 by far had the worst plot holes but it gets better with time which is what I love about this series. I'm glad that you don't hate jojo since I have been reading your comments of part 5 episodes.
Ri22rkMay 15, 2019 1:59 PM
May 15, 2019 1:43 PM
Apr 2016
ExodiaX said:
2ego said:

I don't hate JoJo, I am a big fan of every part. Part 5 is by far the best part, part 4 was rather good too, but doesn't come close to part 5. Unlike every other part, part 5 doesn't have any plot-holes, making it stand out a lot for a JoJo season. Whether you like it or not, objectively the CURRENT JoJo series IS garbage, due to the ABSURD amount of plot-holes in every part except 5. Hopefully it can balance out the plot-holes in the future adaptations.

Yeah, part 5 is by far the best animated jojo part in my opinion, plot holes might gets annoying but every seres have some plot holes anyway, you can tae whole cake island arc as a prime example. Part by far had the worst plot holes but it gets better with time which is what I love about this series. I'm glad that you hate jojo since I have been reading your comments of part 5 episodes.

As I was saying, I don't hate JoJo. Also, from what I perceived, I didn't see any major plot-holes in Whole Cake Island arc.
May 15, 2019 1:52 PM

Oct 2018
2ego said:
ExodiaX said:

Yeah, part 5 is by far the best animated jojo part in my opinion, plot holes might gets annoying but every seres have some plot holes anyway, you can tae whole cake island arc as a prime example. Part by far had the worst plot holes but it gets better with time which is what I love about this series. I'm glad that you hate jojo since I have been reading your comments of part 5 episodes.

As I was saying, I don't hate JoJo. Also, from what I perceived, I didn't see any major plot-holes in Whole Cake Island arc.

Ri22rkMay 15, 2019 2:14 PM
May 15, 2019 1:57 PM

Nov 2012
ArrRti said:

-------

As some people already mentioned, IF you want to start with One Piece, then it would be advised to go with the manga.
The anime is good at first. Percentage wise fillers are almost non existant, and some of them are actually enjoyable. However, at some point the anime starts to adapt like 1 chapter per episode, it will drag so much that you might start to hate the series.
So do yourself a favour and go with the manga version. If you start to like it at the point of..let's say the Arlong Arc then you're good to go.

What do you expect from someone who writes 1/10 for mostly popular series? Btw he is also an alt account.
May 15, 2019 2:02 PM
Apr 2016
ExodiaX said:
2ego said:

The major plot hole of whole cake island was that big mom didn't sink luffy's ship despite being on that ship for more than 5 minutes,I know she had a hunger attack but that scene was really annoying in my opinion.

First, edit it and add a spoiler button.

May 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2018
@2ego I edited my comment, you can delete yours if you want
May 15, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2018
2ego said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Ah, I think you are just not able to see how good it actually is. Try watching this video, I hope it will open your eyes:

This was quite condescending, you simply assumed that someone disliking something you like, can only be due to them not being able to comprehend it.
May 15, 2019 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
2ego said:

This was quite condescending, you simply assumed that someone disliking something you like, can only be due to them not being able to comprehend it.

Not at all. You said it's like Fairy Tail, that's why I said that you just didn't understand it. Fairy Tail is garbage, with no depth, with simple plot, with many many plot-holes, yet you put them at the same level. That's funny. Whether you like it or not, One Piece is superior even from an objective stand point, therefore your judgment is just sheer bias. Also, yes, I have seen every episode of Fairy Tail.
May 15, 2019 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
xShinigami3125 said:
2ego said:

If you don't enjoy it, that's ok. Don't assume your opinion holds more weigh than people who spend a long amount of time analyzing and discussing One Piece's pros and cons, themes and on a daily basis, though. And this is more in general than you specifically. It's 900+ chapters after all, you cant realisticly catch every meaningful detail on the first try, and that's ok.

I also thought Marineford was the absolute peak of OP once, subsequent re-reads and I appreciate several older stories like Skypeia more.
May 15, 2019 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
I'm tried so I'm sorry or speeling mistakes and shitty grammar and unusual paragraphs lol

I watched the anime and got somewhere past the dressrosa arc. i loved i t for a long time but after a certain point in the story. Toei gets VERY lazy. Episodes stretched so long that you can fit 4 or 5 episodes into one by just trimming the useless and drawn out crap out.

The animation gets extremely bad and the overall feels is kinda ruined because of it.

The story, music, characters, the world however makes it all worth it.

Readin the manga is probably better but i just cant bring myself to do it after sticking to the anime for so long now.

also i dunno why people complain about fillers in One Piece when Naruto and Bleach did them FAR worse. Ome Piece only do fillers after each story arc is done so you not gonna get shit in the middle of it. The filler arcs arent even that long either lol.

I'd say go for it and keep a filler list handy so you know what to skip.

Also last thing. This isnt your usual Shounen. I have no idea why people keep saying that but it isnt. I never seen a story so rich in detail before. Battles are a thing but the show focuses more on the world itself and characters backstory and their main goals are. Hell, the main characters come together in unique ways and are not just tagging along with Luffy (the MC) for the sake of nakamaship. they all have their own goals and ideals and agree to help luffy fullfill his dream, as long as he doesnt get in the way of theirs.

Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, etc etc are all made with battles in mind.

-Naruto is a ninja and has to compete with other ninja's to get to higher ranks in order to become the new Hokage (leader of the village)
-Bleach is about Ichigo becoing a Shinigami (grim reaper/death god) and has to fight monster known as hollows and then even other Shinigami's
-Dragon Ball is about Goku who meets a girl named Bulma and yhey both embark on a hourney to collect 7 dragon balls to grant a wish of theirs and its second half Dragon ball Z is just more excuses for goku to fight strong guys lol

Same goes for a shit ton of other shounen. Its all made with battles in mind.

One Piece is more similar with the first half of Dragon Ball I suppose and while there is a decent ammount of fighting in it. It isnt the mai focus and that sets it apart from the usual shounen. Also "NakamaPower" isnt really a thing or at least i dont remember shit where characters got a sudden power up simply coz their nakama were cheering em, on n shit.

give it a go n see what you think. I'd reccommend to at least see a few character introduction arcs before decising whether to give it a pass or not.

Oh, and its funny as hell!!!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 15, 2019 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
One piece is not the regular show you can simply binge watch and would understand what's going on.

It's slow paced nowadays, not a lot of people can handle that.
But the story, the feels the emotions are on another level.

The animation is very bad. Only the movies do decently.
But if you grow up alongside one piece you actually end up loving the world and all these funky characters and their background.
May 15, 2019 4:57 PM

Feb 2019
I recommend you read the manga only

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 15, 2019 5:22 PM

Feb 2019
Made it to around the 160 episode mark (about the middle of the Skypiea arc) before switching over to the manga. The anime has its really good moments and the voice acting (sub) is also good, but pacing wise, it felt like it dragged. So if you want to to get into One Piece, I recommend the manga over the anime.
May 15, 2019 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
Having watched the entire anime up to around the timeskip twice and read the manga 3 times I can say people who hail One Piece as the greatest story of all time are a bit blinded by their fanboyism. I'm not saying that to put them down either, we all do it, I have a very clear bias for a manga/anime that I really love, three guesses which one.

As many have pointed out, the show gets really bad at a certain point where you start having maybe 14 minutes of episode to 10 minutes of intro, outro, recaps and other types of padding. And those 14 minutes will be painfully drawn out in a manner similar to how Dragon Ball Z was painfully drawn out so that they could pump out an episode each week while waiting for the author to continue to draw more chapters.

I recommend watching One Piece just up until the point where you start finding yourself being frustrated by the padding and slow pacing. At that point switch to the manga or even just start anew with the manga as it honestly won't take that much time, certainly less time than watching the rest of the show would.

And it's only a bonus that you no longer have to listen to the horrid voice acting of Kappei Yamaguchi when you switch to the manga. There has never been a worse seiyuu in the history of anime. I can't wait for the day when he retires.
May 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Feb 2018
2ego said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Not at all. You said it's like Fairy Tail, that's why I said that you just didn't understand it. Fairy Tail is garbage, with no depth, with simple plot, with many many plot-holes, yet you put them at the same level. That's funny. Whether you like it or not, One Piece is superior even from an objective stand point, therefore your judgment is just sheer bias. Also, yes, I have seen every episode of Fairy Tail.

There is no objectivity when it comes to taste, saying that one piece is objectively better is nonsense.
May 16, 2019 5:57 AM

Mar 2017
Please read the manga
And if you really don't want to read it, and must absolutely watch it, please consider the amount of time it will take to go through it considering the previous comments responses.

I really really think that the manga is the best way to experience One Piece, and you can always watch your favorite scenes animated in clips if you'd like.
May 16, 2019 7:03 AM

Sep 2015
wurf
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
can dis sig fit
May 16, 2019 7:29 AM

Nov 2016
thatrpgdude said:
ArrRti said:
@thatrpgdude

There have alredy been 74,284,366,464,897,498,796,479 threads about that. If you are going to post shit atleast be original for crying out loud. I don't doubt one of them is yours.

OT: I recommend you read the Digitally colored manga of One Piece. You get the best of both worlds. The colorful designs and settings from the Anime and the better pacing and art from the manga. If you can't find it DM me so I can send you a link.

One Piece has one of the best built worlds of any shonen Anime. Part of it is because it has been publishing for so long. The anime might've gone to shit because Toei refuses to take a break or use a good ol'fashioned filler arc to let the manga take a lead but the manga is still as great as ever. The Only bad thing about the manga is that reading weekly there are some chapters that you feel don't go anywhere but thats normal. It probably happened since the start but I didn't notice it because I was binging it. Not every chapter is gonna havea big AF climax but most of them have.

Manga:100% recommended
Anime: 60% recommended. Maybe to see some of the hype moments animated (A bit poorly when you get to Dressrossa or around episodes 650 to 750)
GokaiKingMay 16, 2019 7:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 8:47 AM

Mar 2017
Afloo said:
thatrpgdude said:

There have alredy been 74,284,366,464,897,498,796,479 threads about that. If you are going to post shit atleast be original for crying out loud. I don't doubt one of them is yours.

OT: I recommend you read the Digitally colored manga of One Piece. You get the best of both worlds. The colorful designs and settings from the Anime and the better pacing and art from the manga. If you can't find it DM me so I can send you a link.

One Piece has one of the best built worlds of any shonen Anime. Part of it is because it has been publishing for so long. The anime might've gone to shit because Toei refuses to take a break or use a good ol'fashioned filler arc to let the manga take a lead but the manga is still as great as ever. The Only bad thing about the manga is that reading weekly there are some chapters that you feel don't go anywhere but thats normal. It probably happened since the start but I didn't notice it because I was binging it. Not every chapter is gonna havea big AF climax but most of them have.

Anime: 60% recommended. Maybe to see some of the hype moments animated (A bit poorly when you get to Dressrossa or around episodes 650 to 750)

I always laugh when One Piece fans claim that the manga is just as "good" as ever. That's the most stupid shit I've ever heard. The manga has almost the same problems. It's the same story. The manga is just as badly written as the anime is. The pacing is terrible in both the anime and manga. The fights are complete garbage filled with plot armor and asspulls in both anime/manga. The arcs are just as terrible as ever. Post timeskip completely sucks and Dressrosa/Whole Cake are the most poorly written arcs in the entire series. This goes for both the anime and the manga. Why do you One Piece fans talk as if the manga is so much different/better than the anime? It isn't. It's the same garbage story in the end.
May 16, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
thatrpgdude said:
Afloo said:

I always laugh when One Piece fans claim that the manga is just as "good" as ever. That's the most stupid shit I've ever heard. The manga has almost the same problems. It's the same story. The manga is just as badly written as the anime is. The pacing is terrible in both the anime and manga. The fights are complete garbage filled with plot armor and asspulls in both anime/manga. The arcs are just as terrible as ever. Post timeskip completely sucks and Dressrosa/Whole Cake are the most poorly written arcs in the entire series. This goes for both the anime and the manga. Why do you One Piece fans talk as if the manga is so much different/better than the anime? It isn't. It's the same garbage story in the end.
If its that bad, How have you read almost all of it without dropping it? Either you are a Masoquist or you are full of bullshit.

Yeah, I aknowledge that The WCI And Dresrossa arcs are a bit of a low-point in the series but it is NOTHING compared to the Quality Drop of Bleach(allegedly since I haven't gotten that far) and Naruto. It is still enjoyable.

Also, the reason the Anime is not as good is not because of the plot, In fact that is one of the few things that are still good. The reason is the inconsistencies in Animation, Poor Chapter to episode ratio (1:1 Instead of the optimal 2:1 or 2.5:1), The padding most episodes have as of lately (Looking at you Recaps during Reverie even though the Alabasta one was good since we saw an Updated Gomu Gomu no Storm), etc.

Also, no The pacing is not the same between the Anime and the manga. Yeah they both might be slow compared to some more fast paced contemporaries but The manga feels less sluggish because you can read a chapter in less that 10 minutes. The anime streches it to almost twice its lengh. Heck, it took them 2 episodes to adapt Chapter 903 for example.

If you don't like it you should just stop reading it. One Piece is one of the few anime and manga I think that applies with. It is already a huge time commitment, It's even bigger and more stressful if you don't like it. Do yourself a favor and just stop if its that bad.
GokaiKingMay 16, 2019 9:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 9:32 AM

Oct 2018
I'd stick with the manga cause the animation team is far behind.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
May 16, 2019 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
ArrRti said:

Hope that stays the same honestly
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.