Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
I don't get why people get angery about this episode, everyone's expectation was meet, which was to see how Langris get's beaten, right?
May 14, 2019 1:15 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Asta took out the guy from Golden Dawn 5 Astas would be too much noisa
May 14, 2019 1:52 PM
Jan 2019
I damn expected asta fight to be loooonger and much mooooore cooooleer and crazy
But meh.. good episode .. keep the good animation pierrot.. u lazy studio
May 14, 2019 3:27 PM
Jan 2015
Looks like the filler episode last week wasn't to prep for this week, but next week's episode. The animation cuts for the preview looked nice.
My Queens

May 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Oct 2015
Langris didn't deserve Asta's mercy, he should've killed him after what he did to Finral. On top of that he complimented the bastard. I see Xerx has joined the nakama power.

Most of all Yuno has gotten really strong, I like that he isn't throwing jealous vibes on Asta since he's become popular. I respect that he cherishes the rivalry and doesn't treat it beyond that, although I do suspect otherwise in the future.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 14, 2019 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode. There was an inprovement on some of the animation here and there.
Good to see that this anime is getting better and better
May 14, 2019 7:26 PM

Sep 2017
Figured this episode would look a little nicer with last week being basically a recap. Especially with all the recap they did this ep as well. It was still pretty good anyway. Not sure how Asta's crystal got destroyed tho...

Ohhh after seeing the preview it looks like next week will have some dank animation.
May 14, 2019 7:26 PM
Jan 2016
Was so satisfying see Asta beating Langris, he had what he deserved, too bad both crystals got sattered at same time and it ended in a draw!

The words by Asta before beats Langris were really awesome, and i am glad everyone understood what is a Magic Knight, Magma catching Asta before falling was so cool, and a emotional scene when everyone got around Asta cause of his words!

Luck also growing a lot, didn't expect him to sugest a combo magic attack, and the counter by Rill was awesome, the linghting spear was really cool!

Looks next match will be the final, we have to wait a longer for Asta vs Yuno, but i am hyped for next episode, Yuno vs Rill!
May 14, 2019 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
Another awesome episode!
Asta satisfyingly defeated Langris!
Damn! the Captain of the Aqua Deer Rill Boismortier is strong as well! he got the idea from the previous fights and make full use of them!
As well as Yuno single-handedly defeated M Team!
Great! next episode we'll see Yuno get more serious because of the Captain that they're gonna match-up with! since that Captain sure Insane strong! maybe Yuno's gonna use his wind fairy!?
5/5

May 15, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2012
Good episode. I think the biggest complaint is Langris didn't get beaten even more.
May 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
Sucks that the Asta's fight ended in a draw but at least he beat the crap out of Golden Dawn's Vice Capt.
Looking forward to see how Yuno will fare against a Captain since the Aqua Deer's Captain has a very versatile magic.
I'm hoping the Captain will win coz I want Yuno to experience defeat so he can learn and improve more.
May 15, 2019 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
Zora is a really nice guy! I wonder how all this will end for him, would be great if he could join the black bulls.

Best scene from the eps!

Ok the moment where all the magic knights gather together near Asta was also a great moment!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 16, 2019 2:29 AM

Jul 2007
Im disappointed with how this went down. A lot of momentum was lost when the king interrupted, switched out the characters to make it an objective match instead of it just being a battle of strength. And im normally pretty good with cheesy lines but the Fenrir's little bro's constant 'im special' every sentence came across as childish rather than entitled/insolent.
May 16, 2019 7:19 AM
May 2019
The Petit Clover is really great in this episode. We got to see different kinds of Asta. 😂 The preview for the next episode is interesting, Asta was crying. I wonder why.. 😥 Anyway I love it when Mimosa and Asta are together! Anyone else? 😊
May 18, 2019 8:35 AM
May 2019
karlstein12 said:
What a joke, just because both team ended it in a draw, no team can make it any further?

Yes because this isnt a tourney to see whos the strongest so for all practical reasons the other semi finals will be the final match
Theyre there to examine how they fight to see who should be picked as a royal knight dont forget that
May 18, 2019 8:36 AM
May 2019
Frenz said:
Im disappointed with how this went down. A lot of momentum was lost when the king interrupted, switched out the characters to make it an objective match instead of it just being a battle of strength. And im normally pretty good with cheesy lines but the Fenrir's little bro's constant 'im special' every sentence came across as childish rather than entitled/insolent.

Do you even know why theres a tourney rn its not about whos stronger lmfao theyre trying to pick knights for the royal knights squad theyre meant to show off their abilities and strenghs to determine who would make the best squad
May 18, 2019 8:39 AM
May 2019
Short_Circut said:
That was...kinda disappointing. For all the hype that was coming especially with delaying the episode, kinda was expecting the big fight to last more than 10 secs. Even Finral's fight with Langris was more entertaining to watch

And then we just got a bunch of 5 sec consecutive matches. Oh well, Yuno vs OP MK next lul

The episode wasnt delayed lmfao its called Golden Week when a week in japan they have a bunch of national holidays where no one works it just so happened to be golden week during the climax so they gave us a special episode instead of nothing
May 18, 2019 8:40 AM
May 2019
tidoesstuff said:
I get why this episode played out as it did, but Asta's fight scene was too, too short.
they extended it lol it was a complete one shot in manga
May 19, 2019 1:58 AM

Dec 2014
welll sad asta lost...but serious stuff and what not
May 23, 2019 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Was real nice to see how everyone came down for Asta.
Jul 13, 2019 11:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Just like Xerx to make use of such a risky strategy though. Asta's words while inspirational was also an indication of the many bonds that he has forged up to this point in his career. Still what a dramatic result though. Looks like Asta's words and actions had quite the impact on not just Xerx but on every knight present on the field. Seeing all of them rush to Asta's side sure was heartwarming. Yuno's solo victory sure was impressive. Now then off to the finals then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2019 4:35 AM

Sep 2012
u see luck ur not the only1 copying/improving others moves/tricks 😁
Mar 29, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2018
Wait, if Asta's out unconscious, does that mean his team can no longer participate?
May 17, 2020 8:08 AM

Mar 2019
Srsly now,BC is good.The first 14 minutes were emotional and fck WHY WAS IT A DRAW...Please make Asta the vice-captain of Black bulls please lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 28, 2021 1:21 PM
May 2019
OK, so about that thing we call "experience", does mean NOTHING at Black clover.
You just have to have plenty mana or be the BC's Sasuke.

The miniclover was funny.
Feb 7, 2021 11:41 PM

Mar 2016
It's a draw? Alright, that's bullshit, come on, sure the crystal was penetrated with some jarring holes but for the entire damn thing to crack simultaneously as soon as Asta meteorite the shit out of Langris towards his team's crystal? Now that's A-grade bullshit. It's just a cheap way to delay the inevitable fight between Asta and Yuno.
Feb 27, 2021 11:25 PM

Dec 2013
A weak ending to the fight. The crystal randomly falling apart at the exact same time Asta destroyed the crystal was extremely forced. Rest of the episode was ok.

I really liked Luck's idea. Too bad it didn't work.
Jun 15, 2021 12:14 AM

Jun 2020
And we're back to the main fight and Zora is not kidding around as well as Asta that he had taken out his new form

Sadly the crystals broke at the same time damn Asta was feeling real down at least they didn't lose, Luck forming plans that are quite new to me nice try but Rill is so powerful that they lost, And Yuno is stepping up his game I'm very much excited about the Finals coming up

What's in Julius' mind today he really seems interested in the tournament I am as well, I hope Asta can regain his condition and be able to fight again.

(P.C. That's a lot of Asta five times louder than ever QQ)
Jul 27, 2021 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
Xerx had magic circles on him.
Blacksta.
Dat Black Meteorite.
It's a draw!
Sent it back.
I Team won.
Mimosa is staying by her futre husbando's side.
P Team won.
I Team vs P Team.
Dat ending.
Zora and Zara.

Yuno did the Yami Yugi hand pose when he was starting to do the Towering Tornado attack. Was that just a Yugioh reference?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 30, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2015
Right back into it, shame their match ended in a draw, I really wanted Langris to lose dammit.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 12, 2021 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
They may've drawed the match, but I definitely see this as a win for Asta against Langris (although beating up Langris a tad more would've been appreciated).

Nov 23, 2021 8:21 AM

May 2015
All the hype...for one shot :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 15, 2022 11:06 PM
Jul 2020
So no one reacted to black asta?? The tf?

Anyways looking forward to next ep. Gona be fire i can feel it
Mar 2, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty fast paced episode. Three rounds and all were one shouted by asta, rill and yuno.
Excited for finale but it'll be hard to see asta crying because yuno will win!!
Mar 12, 2022 8:15 PM
Oct 2020
Ah, the brackets...it's Black Clover March Madness! lol :)
Nov 20, 2022 7:47 PM

Jul 2022
Them catching Asta made me want to cry that was so sweet. Also, "Xerx"s backstory was interesting and I like him so far. I'm wondering if this is just it or if there's more, but I think Asta is getting through to him.

I've gotten to the point in this show where I'm really going to miss it when it's gone!
Jan 17, 2023 2:10 AM

Jul 2016
Green_Giorno said:
Them catching Asta made me want to cry that was so sweet. Also, "Xerx"s backstory was interesting and I like him so far. I'm wondering if this is just it or if there's more, but I think Asta is getting through to him.

I've gotten to the point in this show where I'm really going to miss it when it's gone!

Really looking forward to where Zora ends up fitting in. 

Does he join the Bulls?

I could see him joining the purple orcas. Maybe even be named their captain? (do they have one now that the corrupt guy was kicked out?)
Dec 30, 2023 7:06 AM
Aug 2022
apparently the writing is toned down to suit 10 year olds
one of the most beloved char's intro is just lame

bulls is more cringe than class 1a, the captains and the terrorists are kinda intriguing and make me stick around
otherwise this series is completely hopeless, worldbuilding and characters and emotions are so weak

not a diehard naruto fan but it's an insult to compare this to naruto in any way, over 8 score is just ridiculous
Jan 10, 2:11 AM
Jun 2022
Tch , All That Build Up & This Flat Climax . U Kidding Me ?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 28, 2020

72 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.