Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 7 Discussion

May 14, 2:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Narumiya Mei is still amazing this season. That air of confidence is almost surreal.

A lot of tension this episode too with the match and gameplay. Inashiro still has a pretty strong roster with its lineup.

May 14, 4:03 AM

OMG, Narumiya improved again!

May 14, 4:31 AM

Narumiya Mei wanted all that smoke lol. Fire episode!

May 14, 4:34 AM
Mei looking like Hongou not allowing runners on base and giving them a 0 score each inning hahaha.. He's terrifyingly right now..

May 14, 4:46 AM

Sanada is my favorite, dude strengthen his legs - has one of the reporters/scouts fawning over his thiccness lol but holy crap! Mei comes in with this line, "If you've forgotten, allow me to remind you... I'm the king!" that's stone cold!

Yuta gets a hit on Mei and throws up Killer Bee's (from Naruto) "WHEEEEEE!!!!" lol neck and neck stuff until Inashiro got runs on Sanada (looks like stamina and pressure got to him) but now the whole of Yakushi is just shaken to the core, even Raichi is getting cleaned up - even though they just came off a big tournament, I still think even if they were rested, Inashiro is just too strong and Mei is a whole new beast now.

The OST was fire and hitting all their cues perfectly, all in all, this episode was great.

May 14, 5:19 AM

Narumiya is looking unstoppable!

May 14, 6:17 AM

Feel bad for my dude Todoroki, but at least he lost against the "King".

The matches in this season were short so far, but didn't lack intensity.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

May 14, 6:23 AM
One of the Diamond's best episode and it doesn't even have a single Seido member in it. Also, I finally found myself in this anime ;)

May 14, 7:05 AM

Great episode that had few powerful moments:
- first one was near 8 minute when Narumiya striked out batter and they showed him presenting his back with ace number
- second was when Itsuki came to mound with not-so-fun joke
- third was when Sanada speaked about Mei with respect
- fourth was when they showed Inashiro training grounds and the moment when all players speaked in same moment - probably not only me but some of you also got goosebumps in this moment

Btw. they are doing really amazing thing with adapting manga I think that at this point it looks like they are 98-99% identical with ACT II chapters. That's great job.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II

May 14, 7:11 AM

Damn, Narumiya went full force. Seido are gonna be in trouble when and if they face Inashiro this year.

I actually thought Raichi hit the home run when he first connected but it looks like he's got his work cut out for him if he wants to beat Narumiya.

I do hope that Raichi does at least get one proper hit.
Won't be a Yakushi game if Raichi doesn't hit it. xD

May 14, 10:57 AM

This episode had good animations! I got my hopes that the season will be awesome back up!
Even thought Yakushi is my second favorite team and Narumiya is really arrogant i cant dislike him, he's too cool.

May 14, 3:54 PM

I loved to see Sanada's lower body, I mean, Sanada himself, being acknowledged and shining like that. He is between my favorites, and so is Mei to be honest, and he was able to hold down a team like Inashiro like that at first. But unfortunately, or fortunately, Inashiro seems to be making their comeback here.

Mei is the King, and even though I don't like the way he looked down at Yakushi, saying they were lucky to have take part in the invitational, I guess he had a point, I don't even remember if I know who is Yakushi's catcher, and there's only so much Sanada and Raichi, and Mishima too I guess, can do by themselves. Raichi is really cool though, he has almost the same energy as Sawamura. xD

But welp. I love the dynamic between Mei and Itsuki, and though I'm not emotionally invested in the rest of the team, I'm still glad that they are back to fight. But this is already the last year for quite a few of known characters and there is no way for everyone to win, I guess I must prepare myself. I'm a bit disappointed though, I was hoping for a longer match, but the preview was pretty much about Seidou, this one is already going to end. Welp, this is the problem with expectations, still loved the episode though.

May 14, 9:45 PM

Not as exciting as I thought it would be. I guess the point is really to only show how strong they've become. Todoroki got really overpowered by Mei. The episode is still good though.

From the preview, seems like the next episode will be fun! Showing them being the seniors, with the juniors going through what they had went through before haha. I will look forward to some nostalgia!

May 15, 2:03 AM

Fayrin said:
I loved to see Sanada's lower body, I mean, Sanada himself, being acknowledged and shining like that. He is between my favorites, and so is Mei to be honest, and he was able to hold down a team like Inashiro like that at first. But unfortunately, or fortunately, Inashiro seems to be making their comeback here.

Mei is the King, and even though I don't like the way he looked down at Yakushi, saying they were lucky to have take part in the invitational, I guess he had a point, I don't even remember if I know who is Yakushi's catcher, and there's only so much Sanada and Raichi, and Mishima too I guess, can do by themselves. Raichi is really cool though, he has almost the same energy as Sawamura. xD

But welp. I love the dynamic between Mei and Itsuki, and though I'm not emotionally invested in the rest of the team, I'm still glad that they are back to fight. But this is already the last year for quite a few of known characters and there is no way for everyone to win, I guess I must prepare myself. I'm a bit disappointed though, I was hoping for a longer match, but the preview was pretty much about Seidou, this one is already going to end. Welp, this is the problem with expectations, still loved the episode though.

Well if you look at Inashiro line-up we know Mei, Itsuki, Carlos, Shirakawa and Yamaoka. From first years we've already met Shijni Akamatsu (he was even in previous season) + from already retired senpais there was Masa-san (catcher) and tricky player Tsubasa Hirai. If you look at names I don't think that Terajima sensei made any other team that big. Inashiro is without doubt second most known team after Seido in terms of number of players that we know per name and that we can recognize their look.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II

May 15, 9:34 AM

I see Mei is still in his groove. What looked like an easy going for Yakushi soon became land-locked and then Inashiro just rained down on them. The game isn't yet over and I hope Yakushi and Raichi find a way back somehow.
Writer at MAL Rewrite

May 15, 2:42 PM

I'm wrong or they have adapted four chapters in one episode? Great

May 15, 9:55 PM

Damn, narumiya walking away calmly even before the ball landed.

May 16, 1:20 PM

So many stills this episode!

May 19, 11:31 PM
watching Narumiya vs Todoroki again was fun .Too bad for todoroki Narumiya got him .

May 24, 3:15 AM

Mei was pretty badass this episode.
That reporter needs to chill!