Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you agree with Eren's plan?
May 13, 2019 1:20 PM
Jan 2014
What do you guys think about the Euthanasia plan? And also about Eren's behavior after the timeskip; it's like he's a different person and while it's certainly an interesting development I gotta say I started to despise him and his behavior. I think that with his assault on Marley he destroyed potential chances for fully peaceful resolving of the whole conflict and possibly ruined future negotiations with other countries. And now the whole military dictatorship he's pulling off, his disregard for his friends (or at least it seems like it to me), I can't think of a way he could redeem himself in my eyes right now.
Not to mention, I believe the whole Euthanasia plan is an awful plan; sure, it would end the conflict in a way, but in a way that's basically a very prolonged national suicide. I think that the best course of action after building a harbor and ships would be trying their absolute best to prove to the world that Paradis Island Eldians are far from being the bloodthirsty demons they're believed to be. I guess that now it just might be too late for that, though.
I'd love to hear your opinions on this, especially considering that I've seen lots of people rooting for Eren and Zeke, and honestly I don't really understand why.
May 19, 2019 6:16 AM
Sep 2016
I think Eren has his own plan. Would be intresting to see if it has any connection to the ability of the attack titan too.
May 19, 2019 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
He's going to betray Zeke, I just know it.
May 19, 2019 10:50 AM
Jan 2014
Truth be told, I also hope he's going for something different than Zeke, but at the same time I hope that he won't surprise me negatively.
The Attack Titan's ability may indeed play a role in this; maybe Eren already has his ability figured out and we're going to see it soon.
May 19, 2019 2:41 PM
Nov 2017
I wish we knew what's going on in his head!
But honestly I don't think the euthanasia plan will work, it's revealed far too early and we know Isayama likes to surprise the readers...
Eren definitely has something else planned of him self, I don't think he's betrayed his friends... Though I can't say for sure.
Crossing fingers for the final arc and for a good, at least bitter sweet end to AoT.
May 19, 2019 2:44 PM

Jan 2009
lets focus on the Euthanasia plan since ye Eren may have better plan

just like the user on the other topic about this say if the Founding Titan can change the biology of the Eldians to be infertile then why cannot it simply change the biology of Eldians to be normal humans already? so this humane-genocide thing is worthless

May 19, 2019 3:24 PM
May 2017
I think the story will continue in the simular way to Code Geass.
( CODE GEASS SPOILERS)

Eren will become the enemy of the world witch will allow evryone to team up against their common enemy and after that live in peace.

But to tell the truth i would like if it wouldn't be exacly like in code geass. What i mean by that is that i don't wan't him to accually plan this. I really hope that Eren don't have any plan to make himself into the sacrifice for the good of world but to accually procced with his Euthanasia plan whith he trully belives in.
May 19, 2019 4:43 PM

Feb 2016
i honestly find his plan reasonable
its really the only solution left to end this conflict

May 19, 2019 7:38 PM

Apr 2019
deg said:

just like the user on the other topic about this say if the Founding Titan can change the biology of the Eldians to be infertile then why cannot it simply change the biology of Eldians to be normal humans already? so this humane-genocide thing is worthless

we don't know if the founding titan can free the Eldians from titans curse.but even if that is true the world won't believe theme and they will be undefended .the rumbling is the most powerful think they have .if the titan power is gone thene there will be nothing to protect theme.
May 20, 2019 2:05 PM
May 2019
To be fair to eren, hes had multiple titan shifter memories injected into him, father forcing him to become a titan and eating him, and all the shit afterwards to only learn theres other humans beyond the walls responsible for the horror everyone experienced IN the walls. Later finding out that they arent much different from his people as a spy as well, that would change any man. So I dont exactly fault Eren for his actions, as you can certainly understand why hes acting this way to a degree if you try looking at it from his perspective. However, hes a lot more calm, intelligent, and level headed compared to his pre time skip self, so I feel like all of this was planned for the benefit of his comrades in the walls from the get go and hes gonna betray Zeke. Thats just my theory though, I dont wanna instantly hate on the man, cause hes gone through some fucked up shit that would, again, change anybody to potentially act the way he is now.
May 20, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2009
ranzer said:
deg said:

we don't know if the founding titan can free the Eldians from titans curse.but even if that is true the world won't believe theme and they will be undefended .the rumbling is the most powerful think they have .if the titan power is gone thene there will be nothing to protect theme.

Marley being the supowerpower country in the world there can test if the Titan serum/injection are not working to the Eldians anymore and that will confirm that the Eldians are as average as any other human, heck the Titan shifters in Marleys hands will just suddenly become average human and that alone will make Marley think about it
May 20, 2019 5:21 PM

Aug 2012
Eren is going to betray zeke. Thats a fact. Isayama is the master of foreshadowing.
Here.
Take a look at chapter 100

So Eren has a goal in mind but what is that goal?
Looking back at all Isayama interviews

I really cant predict what is going to happen. I believe that the original ending would be Eren activating the rumble and killing almost everyone in the world. But seems like Isayama has changed his plans.
I feel like Eren is going to end the titans curse. But theres still the problem of his attack on marley. How can he guarantee freedom to all Eldians if the entire world wants to get revenge? Also theres still the natural resources of the island.

If Eren ends the titan curse how would they even defend themselves? Is that what freedoom looks like?
Unless, Eren wants the entire world to see him as the evil bad guy and by doing that he will remove the blame of the Eldians as a whole.

But then theres the final panel of the manga. If that person is actually Eren holding his supposed baby with Historia, that means he is alive. And if he is alive that means the entire world didnt get the revenge on the island. So how is he going to convince the world to not attack them if the Eldians have lost their titan power?
Of course this will depend on whether or not Eren is the person holding the baby.

And speaking about titans. The original Ymir just appeared and saved Zeke. If she saved Zeke that means he isnt supposed to die yet. That he has some kind of purpose. Zeke purpose is probably to end up as being Eren´s puppet so that he can use the founding titan power. But use it for what? What is his plan?
What we know is that Ymir agrees with Eren plan. and it also confirms the time loop theory.

The things I can use as a foreshadow is what historia said in chapter 66

And what Reiner said to Eren in chapter 97

What do you guys think Eren plan is?
FunsecoMay 24, 2019 4:45 AM
May 20, 2019 5:27 PM

Jan 2009
@Funseco

Eren will go with his waifu Historias plan thats my guess

i want to see all the Colossal Titans being release to destroy the world making a world war kind of finale, i mean it will be a huge waste to not let those thousands of Colossal Titans inside the walls to just do nothing anyway
May 20, 2019 7:39 PM
Oct 2017
In a recent flashback, I got the impression that he has Zeke wrapped around his finger, Zeke looked uneasy when talking to Eren, I think Zeke is pretty sure Eren is going to betray him and isn't being honest about his objective but it's hard for anybody to tell because everything he does at the moment comes across as objective as he has no real emotion behind him, it's a genius bit of writing, I can usually come up with theories in anime and manga about what may happen next but I genuinely have no idea because Eren is impossible to read in his current state.

As for whether his initial plan is right or wrong, I don't think it's either,saving humanity was the fight initially but now that they know the truth, they are in a battle of survival, Eren wants true freedom but even with this plan, he would not get it, his people could live peacefully and die out naturally and humanity as a whole would still be fine as it always has been but they wouldn't have the freedom to live on and have a family as they probably would have liked, it's a double edged sword however you want to look at it.
May 21, 2019 6:00 PM
Apr 2019
I don't know Eren's plan so i can't say anything for now ، but i trust Eren .
And i think the Euthanasia plan ( Zeke's plan ) is the best plan suggested until now .
There is also a hint from isayama in chapter 113 that Eren doesn"t agree with Zeke'plan .
https://imgur.com/a/2KmfYrz
NewV3xedMay 21, 2019 6:06 PM
May 22, 2019 3:57 PM

Aug 2012
deg said:

i want to see all the Colossal Titans being release to destroy the world making a world war kind of finale, i mean it will be a huge waste to not let those thousands of Colossal Titans inside the walls to just do nothing anyway

Yes, its unfortunate that wit studio wont be able to animate that

May 26, 2019 9:48 AM
Jan 2018
What is his plan .. he hasn't said he's just going along with Zeke atm
May 27, 2019 2:49 AM

Dec 2009
We have no idea what Eren's plan is, we have no POV of him since the begining of this arc so we don't know if he will follow Zeke's plan or not.

I'm inclined to think he has his own plan that he has not share with anyone yet and will betray Zeke at the last moment.

It has already been hinted a few times already (playing with the ball Zeke gave him all by himself is a good hint imo because every time we saw Zeke with the ball he played with someone, not Eren which is also a hint that he is doing something on his own ... also it has been stated multiple times already that Zeke will be the catalyst for Eren's wish but that he can't do anything about Eren's wish when the two will have physical contact).

Also Eren stating bullshit about Mikasa (saying he hates her since their childhood) was kinda weird since we already know that's not the case : scarf and all the killing. It was really weird that he said almost nothing to Mikasa and Armin about his plans and was just doing a "me against the rest of the world" when there has been a chapter stating that he really cares about his friends a few chapters before... he has a reason why he acts the way he does and that may be to have Zeke lower his defense and make him believe he trust in Zeke's plan (maybe to better backstab him at the last minute and/or eating him to get all of the powers).
Batora07May 27, 2019 2:52 AM
May 28, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2016
We still dont really know what Eren is trully planning, so this thread is kinda pointless.
If you want to know what people think about the euthanasia thing, the Zeke thread would be enough since that's an idea that 100% came from him.
Jun 2, 2019 1:15 AM
May 2015
Funseco said:
Eren is going to betray zeke. Thats a fact. Isayama is the master of foreshadowing.
Here.
Take a look at chapter 100

So Eren has a goal in mind but what is that goal?
Looking back at all Isayama interviews

I really cant predict what is going to happen. I believe that the original ending would be Eren activating the rumble and killing almost everyone in the world. But seems like Isayama has changed his plans.
I feel like Eren is going to end the titans curse. But theres still the problem of his attack on marley. How can he guarantee freedom to all Eldians if the entire world wants to get revenge? Also theres still the natural resources of the island.

If Eren ends the titan curse how would they even defend themselves? Is that what freedoom looks like?
Unless, Eren wants the entire world to see him as the evil bad guy and by doing that he will remove the blame of the Eldians as a whole.

But then theres the final panel of the manga. If that person is actually Eren holding his supposed baby with Historia, that means he is alive. And if he is alive that means the entire world didnt get the revenge on the island. So how is he going to convince the world to not attack them if the Eldians have lost their titan power?
Of course this will depend on whether or not Eren is the person holding the baby.

And speaking about titans. The original Ymir just appeared and saved Zeke. If she saved Zeke that means he isnt supposed to die yet. That he has some kind of purpose. Zeke purpose is probably to end up as being Eren´s puppet so that he can use the founding titan power. But use it for what? What is his plan?
What we know is that Ymir agrees with Eren plan. and it also confirms the time loop theory.

The things I can use as a foreshadow is what historia said in chapter 66

And what Reiner said to Eren in chapter 97

What do you guys think Eren plan is?

Ok but tbh

But at this point obviously that ending can't happen because the theme of the series has already strayed too far so eh
Jun 2, 2019 1:52 PM
Feb 2017
Well i think Eren is going to do what he said in the first episode. He said he's going to kill all the titans after his mom died. Maybe he's plan is to take all the titan power to himself and die with all the titan power leaving no titans behind. Not sure if the titan power is lost if the holder dies without passing it to another person.
Jun 3, 2019 6:12 AM
Jul 2018

From episode 6 of Season 3 Part 2. I feel like the this could be applied to Eren right now. These words hit me especially after the latest episode. Maybe Isayama is trying to mirror Erwin with Eren. In the end Eren is going to have to sacrifice his humanity and become someone who people hate in order to save the world. It may not be something people will like, but if he succeeds then it will be all the more bittersweet. Knowing he is willing to give up everything, his dignity, his friends, and himself for the sake of humanity is powerful as fuck.

"Sometimes people do the wrong thing for the right reasons."
Jun 3, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 2019
Maityoman said:

From episode 6 of Season 3 Part 2. I feel like the this could be applied to Eren right now. These words hit me especially after the latest episode. Maybe Isayama is trying to mirror Erwin with Eren. In the end Eren is going to have to sacrifice his humanity and become someone who people hate in order to save the world. It may not be something people will like, but if he succeeds then it will be all the more bittersweet. Knowing he is willing to give up everything, his dignity, his friends, and himself for the sake of humanity is powerful as fuck.

I had the same feelings and thoughts when i saw Floch saying that .
Jun 3, 2019 2:58 PM

Mar 2013
Eren will betray Zeke IMO, to steal his Beast Titan power.

My theory is: Eren's plan is to get together all 9 titan powers in one single person.

Then he will use the founding titan power to make another rule for the Eldians. One person will keep all the powers and will never use it again for war.

He will make this deal with all other nations to free Eldia.
Jun 3, 2019 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
Maityoman said:

in other words the end justify the means
Jun 3, 2019 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
_juno said:
Eren will betray Zeke IMO

too fool the enemy you must fool your allies first (some anon quote on 4chan)

ye that is more likely since we did not see Eren's thoughts in full yet anyway but he really is being a douche to Armin and Mikasa but hopefully its just decieving them to make a fool of the enemy that is Zeke and Marley
Jun 4, 2019 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
its obvious that Eren has his own plan aside the Euthansia agenda. Otherwise we would be getting monologue from him.
Mar 20, 2020 10:38 PM
Mar 2020
I do believe that Eren has his own plan but to get all nine titans he would have to kill Armin, and do you think he could kill his best friend after everything they went through and convincing Levi to make Armin a titan?
Mar 30, 2020 12:35 PM
Mar 2020
Can someone please tell me this !
I heard that Erin will turn out to a villain or he and Mikasa won't end up together. And Levi will die. Please tell me it's all big fat lie. Please let it be a lie. 😭
Mar 30, 2020 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Funseco said:
deg said:

Well, Wit Studio ain't doing it. The better question is could the other studio be able to do it?
Apr 1, 2020 11:02 PM

Feb 2018
keragamming said:
Funseco said:

Well, Wit Studio ain't doing it. The better question is could the other studio be able to do it?

No one can do that shit unless you want still images for the rumbling.
Apr 4, 2020 2:41 AM
Apr 2019
Zeke's plan is just an upgrade of Karl Fritz's ideology. This can't save the world.

A good plan is something that after compiling it you won't feel any regret. Can you tell that to Eren's plan?
Can you imagine oneday waking up you find you have killed 1 billion people, can't you find it depressing or frustrating?
Besides, Eren once belongs to survey corps, a military unit who used to fight for the freedom of humanity. Now what humanity they would fight for? an eldian race who sacrificed all other races to protect themself?

Some are saying Erwin would have agreed with Eren!!! My bad, did they even understand a character or the story settings? This kind of plan can only come out from the aristocrats who used to rule this island, a selfish plan.

"So are you opposing Eren? "

No, I'm not even supporting Armin's "Let's talk". Talking doesn’t bring result, at least it has been proved in the series.

But it might bring out a good result, a better plan that they can come out with. Sadly, they don’t have much time. They shouldn’t waste time. Otherwise the regrets that already has been born will grow further and further.
Apr 4, 2020 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
lol i do not care anymore to be honest (i will go with the old advice that separate fiction from reality although this manga takes itself way to seriously and wants its viewers to take it super seriously thats why i seriously consider the moral stuff this manga wanna show), this pro-genocide stuff is like cliche/trope for the main villains of any fiction and not just anime, heck if you are religious christian then you know the god in the bible loves to do repeated genocide on humanity anyway

"Thanos/Eren did nothing wrong"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.