Forum Settings
Forums

MALers having a mean score of less than 5, what makes you continue watching anime?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
May 18, 10:58 AM
Are you more likely to watch a show that's rated 9 or 6? Obviously the 9, cause just by looking at the rating you're expecting it to be more worth your time than the show that's rated 6. It's as simple logic as that. It doesn't matter, if you aren't rating a show just about when it is on the rating scale, that anime is either clearly not your cup of tea or you've simply just got a problem.

May 20, 10:55 PM
Most anime are garbage so that might be why...

May 21, 8:38 AM
is this the new meta of troll thread ?
A: No. but to sum up, This is either real or a transcedental hypersimulation indistinguishable from reality.
Q: how to tell the difference ?
A: wait for the power to fail. it always does.

May 22, 2:43 AM

Steiner1411 said:
Is it because of the hopes of finding a gem among rocks? Or do you just like watching stuff that you find average? I'm genuinely curious(not a bait thread)

Depending on your definition, most stuff is average

May 22, 3:49 AM
私は 愛し てる僕のヒーローアカ

I know this is kind of dumb,but which score do you refer to?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 4:04 AM

MALers having a mean score of less than 5, what makes you continue watching anime?

Mainly the anime that I give scores above a 5 :)

May 22, 7:38 AM
Alex_TheForest said:
I know this is kind of dumb,but which score do you refer to?

You mean scoring system? I refer to MAL's scoring system, after having watched an anime I think for few mins about how much I liked the show and how can I describe it one word from the given 10 options by MAL

May 22, 7:41 AM
Recycled_Content said:
is this the new meta of troll thread ?

I genuinely asked them why do they score so low, I had initially thought that most of them were just trolling with their scores, but I got many interesting replies from the thread and I can say now that I can understand why they still choose to watch anime

May 22, 8:04 AM

people use different ways to rate shows, its not useful to compare scores of different rating scales for the purpose of figuring out what they enjoyed or not

May 22, 8:18 AM

Ush .. they love anime that‘s why they take it serious

May 22, 9:52 AM
私は 愛し てる僕のヒーローアカ

You mean scoring system? I refer to MAL's scoring system, after having watched an anime I think for few mins about how much I liked the show and how can I describe it one word from the given 10 options by MAL[/quote]
thanks!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 12:30 PM

Why are people so concerned about other peoples' mean scores? Create a better topic.
No more posts.

May 22, 6:21 PM

I barely rate anime a 5 lol! Maybe because I'm too kind.

As for why I kept on watching anime:
Interesting characters, interesting premises you wouldn't see in the west,
and most importantly:

"Allow me to teach you something useful."
"I really hate violence."

May 22, 6:36 PM

RogertheShrubber said:
Simply put when I rate a show I do not take into account how much I enjoyed watching it. So a series I've rated poorly could actually be one of my all time favorites but it's simply not something I would hold with any real esteem.

I continue watching because I enjoy watching.

Same with me. My mean score is like this cause I watched every pokemon related thing(like movies, fillers etc. except sun&moon) and rated them. Yes I enjoyed watching them, thats why I watched the full thing. But when you think about it, it isn't actually good. It is full of fillers and it is repetitive. Ash never grows or get smarter(except XY&Z). Every new region it is the same thing. So I'm not gonna give it the same scores that I give to shows like Attack on Titan, Steins Gate, Fullmetal etc.

May 22, 9:56 PM

oguba said:
RogertheShrubber said:
Simply put when I rate a show I do not take into account how much I enjoyed watching it. So a series I've rated poorly could actually be one of my all time favorites but it's simply not something I would hold with any real esteem.

I continue watching because I enjoy watching.

Same with me. My mean score is like this cause I watched every pokemon related thing(like movies, fillers etc. except sun&moon) and rated them. Yes I enjoyed watching them, thats why I watched the full thing. But when you think about it, it isn't actually good. It is full of fillers and it is repetitive. Ash never grows or get smarter(except XY&Z). Every new region it is the same thing. So I'm not gonna give it the same scores that I give to shows like Attack on Titan, Steins Gate, Fullmetal etc.

Totally, I love Pokemon too, it's a great way to relax after a stressful day but there's no way I would rate it highly. Critically speaking pokemon is pretty abysmal if we're being honest. Not sure why but lot's of people here have an issue with rating like that but what are you gonna do.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]