Forum Settings
Forums

When it comes to anime, what unpopular opinion do you have?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 12, 2019 2:33 AM

Jan 2009
Steiner1411 said:
deg said:

lol i just never get used to it but off-topic comments is normal on much of the threads i see over the years im here

The thread started off with some good unpopular opinions, but it wasnt long when people brought those opinions like "X is best girl or Y is the worst anime" etc

yep thats what i noticed earlier too when i made that comment XD
May 12, 2019 2:54 AM

Jan 2019
deg said:
CallMeHoot said:

Death Note is insanely over-reliant on exposition dump via inner monologue

dude its because its an anime adaptation of a manga lol the source material like manga rely on those story telling techniques more

and majority of anime are adaptations of source material like manga and light novel thats why you have to get used to it or else your anime hobby will not last long lol

its different with original anime though (no source material basis) but original anime is rare like you only have 2-4 anime like that each season

Sorry mate, but that's just hopeful thinking on your part. It's poorly written dross. Never been more bored watching an anime. Bakemonogatari was adapted from a LN and I thought it was brilliant. It didn't rely solely on inner monologue and actually had, well, character.

But anyway, if you like Death Note good for you, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. I know it's trash and that's good enough for me.
May 12, 2019 2:56 AM
Mar 2019
I Love sword art online & I don't really give a shit if others bash me for it
May 12, 2019 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
CallMeHoot said:
deg said:

dude its because its an anime adaptation of a manga lol the source material like manga rely on those story telling techniques more

and majority of anime are adaptations of source material like manga and light novel thats why you have to get used to it or else your anime hobby will not last long lol

its different with original anime though (no source material basis) but original anime is rare like you only have 2-4 anime like that each season

Sorry mate, but that's just hopeful thinking on your part. It's poorly written dross. Never been more bored watching an anime. Bakemonogatari was adapted from a LN and I thought it was brilliant. It didn't rely solely on inner monologue and actually had, well, character.

But anyway, if you like Death Note good for you, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. I know it's trash and that's good enough for me.

well im not even defending Death Note i just given a generalize answer to why there is too much exposition on anime adaptations

but thats weird i remember Bakemonogatari as having a lot of expositions too like those inner monologues you hated especially with Araragi
May 12, 2019 3:25 AM
Apr 2017
CallMeHoot said:
My unpopular opinion, since you asked, is as follows (I guess in a thread specifically asking for it, I can't be the target of too much flame here) :-

Death Note is purposely overwrought, pretentious, poorly written, boring garbage that is insanely over-reliant on exposition dump via inner monologue to disguise the fact that fuck all is actually happening on screen for 90% of the show as well as it's juvenile use of gigantic leaps of logic and deus ex machina moments to untangle knots in it's "far simpler than it likes to think it is" plot.

And the music fucking sucks, I swear to God, if I had to listen to this shit once more I was gonna throw myself out of my living room window (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk), that's if I could have made it to the window before the wannabe tryhard edge oozing out of this piece manifested itself in front of my TV as a guy dressed in a trenchcoat with black eyeliner and Doc Martens who would then proceed to try and slit my throat.

I get it, kids and young people think it's "cool". In my humble opinion this is largely because they just haven't had the time to read enough or watch enough and develop an appreciation of what good writing and good character writing actually is. I know enough people who watched it as a teenager, then again a decade later, and stated that they just grew out of it because on that second rewatch, it was just a load of trite, juvenile bollocks.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who couldn't stomach it. I guess watching it at 25 rather than 15 made a difference (goodness knows I read and watched a lot of angsty edgy garbage back then) but still.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
May 12, 2019 3:26 AM
May 2018
Boruto is a good anime have potential to surpass My hero academia
May 12, 2019 3:34 AM

Nov 2016
I think that Kimi no na wa is one of the worst anime from Makoto Shinkai

When you get Signature removed once again.
May 12, 2019 3:39 AM

Oct 2018
yeti123full said:
AlucardNoYuuutsu said:
- Kizumonogatari is the worst Monogatari
- MHA is not THAT good (still like it)
- Your Name & Koe no Katachi are overrated (I still like them)

Even worse than koyomimonogatari?

My personal unpopular opinion is that Angel Beats is trash

Is it really THAT unpopular of an opinion? I think Angel Beats is sort of a love/hate series, either or.
Atleast from what i've seen it faces a lot of valid criticism.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 12, 2019 3:49 AM

Jun 2016
All battle shounen including Dragon Ball is garbage.
May 12, 2019 3:52 AM

Aug 2017
Konpurekkusu said:
yeti123full said:

Even worse than koyomimonogatari?

My personal unpopular opinion is that Angel Beats is trash

Is it really THAT unpopular of an opinion? I think Angel Beats is sort of a love/hate series, either or.
Atleast from what i've seen it faces a lot of valid criticism.

Now that you mention it i've been seeing lots of criticism to AB, but overall I thought it was a loved series
May 12, 2019 4:04 AM

Oct 2014
Well well well here are 2 hot takes that are so unpopular that they haven't been mentionned here!

1. Anime as a whole doesn't use the full power of digital animation. Most of the time, techniques are just used to cut time instead of creating something good.

2. Anime is ableist (makes me sound as an SJW).
I mean where arethe characters with a disability? Most of them are just headcannon.
May 12, 2019 4:07 AM

May 2014
Teekyuu is one of the best anime shorts.
May 12, 2019 4:08 AM

Jul 2017
that unpopular opinions don't exist
May 12, 2019 4:22 AM
Dec 2013
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san and Kaguya-sama are both boring and repetitive.
May 12, 2019 4:43 AM
Nov 2009
Seiya said:
"War in the Pocket" is overrated.

Absolutely. It's rather bad but for some reason people think it's good (even calling it a top 3 Gundam anime). Apparently it has something to do with the fact that they have watched it in their youth because people who disagreed with me rewatched it and then changed their opinion.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
* I'm generally fine with CGI. In fact I think the CGI-heavier first version of the Frame Arms Girl OP is better than the later one that replaces some CGI with hand-drawn stuff.

That's not an unpopular opinion, considering lots of people gobble up the CGI garbage that is shown these days (well, the last years already).

emergencybacon said:
I think the HunterXHunter Chimera Ant arc is terrible. Or at least how it was presented in the anime. Killed the whole show for me.

I wouldn't say it's terrible but that's only because the beginning of it was pretty amazing. The presentation change really killed the arc for me after that. I binged the show, watching like 20 episodes a day and then had trouble finishing it properly.
Apart from that, I think the 1999 version is the better HunterxHunter.
May 12, 2019 5:01 AM

Mar 2019
Since you aasked:

-I watched 25 episodes of FMAB and it bored me to Death. Maybe because i watched the dub, don't know but it wasn't special to me so i dropped it for now. Don't say it's bad, but when i see the 9.24 score i'm just "eh?"

-One piece as an ANIME is really bad for the first 100 episodes (Yes, even skipping the fillers). I was hoping for it to improve but didn't happen. Won't spend my time with this unbearable thing again.

Your Name is build up on a plot hole, is bad in a cinematography way, the 2 main protagonists have no real personalities and the love story lacks motivation and soul.

May 12, 2019 6:28 AM

Jan 2019
the worse the art/animation, the more I like watching it.
May 12, 2019 6:45 AM

Aug 2017
This might not be that unpopular, but based on what I see on forums and social media, it is.

I fucking love Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai.

It's in my top 5 anime ever and the ED makes me cry.
May 12, 2019 6:57 AM
Mar 2018
BasshunterDOTA said:
the worse the art/animation, the more I like watching it.

Absolutely love it when the animation is deliberately drawn badly
May 12, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2016
Toradora is shit because of Taiga. She is such a bad character.
May 12, 2019 7:44 AM
Nov 2009
Bourmegar said:
2. Anime is ableist (makes me sound as an SJW).
I mean where arethe characters with a disability? Most of them are just headcannon.

No idea what "headcannon" is but there are tons of characters with disabilities, lol. Just look at Nunally from Code Geass, Shanks from One Piece, Guts from Berserk and the Elric brothers from FMA for popular examples.
May 12, 2019 8:02 AM

Jun 2016
Ufotable anime are generally overproduced and therefore Ugly.

'Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam" is the least watchable of all the original 3 universal century Gundam series.

May 12, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2009
Thread Locked

There's already a thread for unpopular opinions in Forum Games, please use it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

37 by Strayfe »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

26 by Lizsaki »»
9 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
18 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

42 by TRC_Randy »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.