Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 10, 2019 11:36 PM

Jul 2015
I am literally hyped,I hope the anime does justice to the manga this time.

May 11, 2019 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
Is it remake, sequel, it what?

May 11, 2019 2:53 AM

Jul 2015
Piromysl said:
Is it remake, sequel, it what?

Remake from what I heard.

May 12, 2019 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
Don't know what kind of coincidence this is but I watched the 2008 anime a week ago and I think its pretty decent. Hearing that there comes a remake makes me a bit hyped for it.

May 16, 2019 3:20 AM
Apr 2017
i hope this remake will be like FMAB
and please no CGI
May 19, 2019 12:21 PM
Oct 2015
I really hope it will not be CGI
May 22, 2019 8:32 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looking forward to this treat!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 22, 2019 9:06 PM
Oct 2012
They said this will be a full adaptation of the manga. No info about Studio or staff yet.
May 23, 2019 9:56 AM
Jun 2017
wait and see if this becomes a berserk cgi trash or not. I fking hope not!
May 23, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2013
HELL. YES!!!

I hope this one will be at the very least better than the first crappy adaptation. Hope it won't get censored, either. I mean, I'm fine with JoJo-style censorship for the TV broadcast, but the DVD/BD version should contain all of the gory glory of the manga (yes, flower frames included). And I'm strongly hoping for no CGI and for at least the Dororo-level of animation.
Jun 2, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2015
They already tried to adapt this back in 2008 and failed miserable.... why should I expect better? The staff involved in that first adaptation wasn’t even that bad either.

The fact that some users are hyping this at this point without actually knowing the staff involved and amount of episodes it will have, it is a bit moronic. That’s basically a recipe for disappointment.... Expectations based on hype are one of the worse things in the world of entertainment.

1) Do I still hope for the best?

Yes, like always. If this ends up being just decent that would be a good accomplishment as well.

2) Do I think it will happen and that this will end up being an exceptional adaptation of the source material?

Not really.... I expect this to be the same veins as Karakuri Circus (2018) and Houshin Engi (2018, remake) adaptations (both full adaptations of their respective sources). In other worlds, pretty mediocre.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jun 3, 2019 7:43 AM

Oct 2013
zero-r said:

The fact that some users are hyping this at this point without actually knowing the staff involved and amount of episodes it will have, it is a bit moronic.

Being glad that a great manga (with a half-assed ending, but that's beside the point) is getting another shot at adaptation is "moronic"? Yeah, not really. Also, there's plenty of shades between "lol, don't care" and "OMG I'M SO HYPED I'M GONNA PISS MYSELF". Not to mention that it would be pretty hard to make an adaptation of BotI that would be worse than the first attempt. Either way, in the last years we got a handful of excellent adaptations. And while Karakuri Circus definitely isn't a masterpiece, it's not that much worse than the manga.
Jun 3, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
_MushiRock11_ said:
Looking forward to this treat!

Same here. Hopefully it will have a proper ending this time.
Jun 3, 2019 8:49 AM

Jan 2015
The intro of the 2008 series is nice. Hopefully this adaptation will be good.
Jun 3, 2019 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Only bad thing about 2008 anime was that lame ending, I'm hyped about this, hope they fully adapted all the manga.
Jun 3, 2019 10:19 AM
May 2018
It's definitely going to get popular because of mass fan following increase since 2008 to 2019.
I am not talking about this anime fan following tho.
Anime viewer are increased this days now whole world know all about anime..and there existences. In 2008 it was not get popular around the world.and due to his low response in Japan they closed down the anime.
But this time it's different because as you know there are plenty countries which are associated with anime production . Thier view count to them.i wish people will rise this up in response as they did on Boku no hero academia , attack on titan Tokyo ghoul...etc.
So you already know the power of legitimate viewers.
So I Hope for the BEST.

I read the whole manga and it's all Mature Story.
I love the whole story because of its plot and character development .
Journey of RIN is hard .you will see it soon enough XD.
RohanbaraiJun 3, 2019 10:26 AM
Jun 3, 2019 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Lot of old shows received good adaptation too.

Like Dororo.

Jun 3, 2019 4:57 PM

May 2015
Airsaber said:

Why are you getting all worked up with what I said? you shouldn’t... If you are happy about this news, good for you. Me? I won’t lie and say that I’m glad this is getting another shot until I know more information about the project such who is actually involved in it (staff, producer), its episode/season count, etc

Also, how many full adaptations of old an already-completed long mangas (+20 volumes and up) have we gotten in the past couple of years that have been good and/or exceptional? Fruits Basket (2019)? maybe... but that’s still a work in progress. Ushio to Tora (2015-2016)? that one ended up being just decent. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009-2010)? that was a good one, but that was 9 years ago, plus it had a really good staff and 64 episodes to complete it.

By the way, you said that it is hard for them to do worse than the 2008 series, but you don’t know that, especially without any more information about the project... Houshin Engi (2018, remake) is recent example of that.

Again, I hope for the best, but for now my expectations for this aren't set too high, and that's all.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jun 3, 2019 8:37 PM
Apr 2015
oh sht, a remake. The old one ended horribly
Jun 4, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2013
zero-r said:

The fact that someone doesn't agree with your post means that they're "getting worked up"? Gee, what an interesting and polite manner of discussing anything.

Good adaptations don't have to be the ones of the "old and already completed mangas". Yes, Fruits Basket has so far been a very good adaptation. The first season of Houseki no Kuni was a fantastic adaptation, and so was Mahoutsukai no Youme. Golden Kamuy and Noragami have so far been good. Knights of Sidonia was okay; shame that it doesn't seem like they're making the last season. I'm not a huge fan of AoT, but the anime version has so far been universally praised by the AoT fans. And then there are exceptional series like Dororo, which isn't a straight-up adaptation, but rather something inspired by the original - and something far superior. Same goes for Devilman Crybaby. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was a decent if partial adaptation. Nozaki-kun, Ore Monogatari, Hinamatsuri and Sakamoto desu ga are pretty good adaptations of their respective source material. Gundam: The Origin was a good adaptation, though I'm still baffled by the decision to adapt only part of the manga. Even with that crazy ending Gundam Unicorn is as good as the novel. The tiny bit of Dimension W that they decided to adapt was decent. All the bits of Kekkai Sensen that they decided to adapt were good. So far all of the new adaptations of JoJo have been pretty good and sometimes even better than the manga. I could mention a couple more of anime series - adaptations of both "old and/or completed" and newer mangas/novels - that aired in the last decade, and I don't think I even watch anime that much, especially when compared with many MAL regulars.

So yeah, I think I can be cautiously optimistic. It's too soon to be a party pooper, anyway.

You don't know whether it will be a bad series, either. And I never said anything about having high expectations. I've only said that simply enjoying this announcement doesn't mean that such a person is "hyping" or "moronic"... and that's all. ;)
AirsaberJun 4, 2019 7:41 AM
Jun 5, 2019 3:31 PM

Apr 2017
This is one of my all time favorite manga. And I don't know what to feel about it. I'm glad it will get another shot at adaptation but at the same time I don't remember last time I've seen an actually decent seinen manga adaptation. I've already suffered immensely by the abomination they called Berserk anime. And they say it will be a full adaptation which again, makes me glad and worried at the same time. A one or two cour anime is easier to make with high quality. But it's extremely hard for a long running series to keep up their quality animation. The only long running shows I remember that managed to do this are HxH and FMA:B. And one of those shows was made by Madhouse and the other was made by Bones. They may also divide it into annual seasons like Hero Academia did. This could have realistically more chances at being decent.
Jun 27, 2019 5:10 PM
Jul 2011
Blade of the Immortal is one of my favorite manga of all time but the previous anime adaptation was really bland and forgettable to the point where it was almost a big disservice to the series so I'm not really on the hype train yet for this.

Hopefully my feelings will change and this will be at least decent since this series deserved that much at least.
Jul 3, 2019 8:11 PM
Feb 2019
I am gladly surprised they are going to give this a second anime. Usually most of these mangas get an anime to promote the source material and have only like 12 episodes or so like the 2008 version had. Just wish this time they decide to cover more of original story.
Jul 26, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 2016
zero-r said:
They already tried to adapt this back in 2008 and failed miserable.... why should I expect better? The staff involved in that first adaptation wasn’t even that bad either.

The fact that some users are hyping this at this point without actually knowing the staff involved and amount of episodes it will have, it is a bit moronic. That’s basically a recipe for disappointment.... Expectations based on hype are one of the worse things in the world of entertainment.

1) Do I still hope for the best?

Yes, like always. If this ends up being just decent that would be a good accomplishment as well.

best words you said
Jul 26, 2019 12:12 PM
Jul 2016
Airsaber said:
zero-r said:

The fact that someone doesn't agree with your post means that they're "getting worked up"? Gee, what an interesting and polite manner of discussing anything.

Good adaptations don't have to be the ones of the "old and already completed mangas". Yes, Fruits Basket has so far been a very good adaptation. The first season of Houseki no Kuni was a fantastic adaptation, and so was Mahoutsukai no Youme. Golden Kamuy and Noragami have so far been good. Knights of Sidonia was okay; shame that it doesn't seem like they're making the last season. I'm not a huge fan of AoT, but the anime version has so far been universally praised by the AoT fans. And then there are exceptional series like Dororo, which isn't a straight-up adaptation, but rather something inspired by the original - and something far superior. Same goes for Devilman Crybaby. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was a decent if partial adaptation. Nozaki-kun, Ore Monogatari, Hinamatsuri and Sakamoto desu ga are pretty good adaptations of their respective source material. Gundam: The Origin was a good adaptation, though I'm still baffled by the decision to adapt only part of the manga. Even with that crazy ending Gundam Unicorn is as good as the novel. The tiny bit of Dimension W that they decided to adapt was decent. All the bits of Kekkai Sensen that they decided to adapt were good. So far all of the new adaptations of JoJo have been pretty good and sometimes even better than the manga. I could mention a couple more of anime series - adaptations of both "old and/or completed" and newer mangas/novels - that aired in the last decade, and I don't think I even watch anime that much, especially when compared with many MAL regulars.

So yeah, I think I can be cautiously optimistic. It's too soon to be a party pooper, anyway.

You don't know whether it will be a bad series, either. And I never said anything about having high expectations. I've only said that simply enjoying this announcement doesn't mean that such a person is "hyping" or "moronic"... and that's all. ;)

i agree with you here
Aug 8, 2019 2:09 AM

Feb 2017
Here's the first PV. Liden Films is animating it.
Aug 8, 2019 2:37 AM

Oct 2018
the hype is so unreal! I really hope Liden does justice to the manga!
"You're not my dad"
Aug 8, 2019 2:57 AM

Jul 2015
It's probably air in Fall hopefully.

Aug 8, 2019 3:00 AM

Feb 2017
Arjuna777 said:

It's confirmed for October. Will stream on Amazon Prime
Aug 8, 2019 4:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Tsarko said:
Arjuna777 said:

Here’s more about it:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-08-08/new-blade-of-the-immortal-anime-promo-video-reveals-cast-staff-october-premiere-amazon-only-streaming/.149843

LIDENFILMS in charge of this is a little bit of a let-down personally but hopefully it will be good nonetheless.

Aug 8, 2019 4:45 AM

Feb 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Tsarko said:

Here’s more about it:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-08-08/new-blade-of-the-immortal-anime-promo-video-reveals-cast-staff-october-premiere-amazon-only-streaming/.149843

LIDENFILMS in charge of this is a little bit of a let-down personally but hopefully it will be good nonetheless.

Staff looks quite good, so the anime has fair chance of turning out nice.
Aug 8, 2019 4:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Tsarko said:

Well, you're right about it but I just have a feeling LIDENFILMS will find it difficult to keep up with this show considering it’s confirmed to be a complete adaption.

Aug 8, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Tsarko said:

Well, you're right about it but I just have a feeling LIDENFILMS will find it difficult to keep up with this show considering it’s confirmed to be a complete adaption.

Yeah, you are right. It's my main worry as well.
Aug 8, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2015
You guys noticed that Kenjirou Tsuda is getting awfully lot of roles lately?
He is perfect fit for this role as well.

Aug 8, 2019 6:39 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, you can see in this PV that Hamasaki is fucking back. I'm so hype.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 8, 2019 7:40 AM
Oct 2016
Here we go again. Another failure adaptation. The director is good but rest of the team is just bad.
Aug 8, 2019 11:40 AM

Jan 2009
also im hearing the rest of the anime staff is good though so for you people that are gonna watch this then they might be hope, enough talent and time are good recipe for a good/great anime quality so maybe the talented staff of this remake can at least overcompensate for their lack of enough production time

Director: Hiroshi Hamasaki
Series Composition: Makoto Fukami
Character Design: Shingo Ogiso
Music: Eiko Ishibashi
Studio: Liden Films
Cast:
Kenjiro Tsuda
Ayane Sakura
https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1159389980298371072
Aug 11, 2019 12:50 AM

Dec 2015
I did not like the old series. So ... I'm not really hyped. I guess I won't watch it. I prefer normal samural stuff without supernatural/demons stuff.
Aug 24, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2015
New character designs & additional cast.

Aug 24, 2019 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
-Anotsu looks weird in the full body picture (not as much as Rin's design, however), but thankfully, he looks much better in the close up.

-Magatsu is fine, but his clothes looks way too colorful in my opinion. The darker ones he wore in the old anime looked better.

-Kuroi's color palette is of my liking, but I prefered the red-colored mask of the old anime.

-Shizuma looks a bit weird too. I think it's because they made his chin too broad and short compared to the manga and the old anime.

-Makie and Abayama look great. I have no problem with them.
IllyricusSep 13, 2019 3:07 AM
Sep 13, 2019 2:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
WillVilverin said:
New character designs & additional cast.

And more... https://twitter.com/mugen_immortal/status/1172436702293446656?s=21

Sep 16, 2019 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
Oh hey, would you look at that, the trailer looks fucking awesome - and it seems to adapt the art style of the manga pretty well. Told you it wouldn't be total shit this time. :P

Piromysl said:
You guys noticed that Kenjirou Tsuda is getting awfully lot of roles lately?
He is perfect fit for this role as well.

I'm guessing it's because he absolutely nailed Ogata's role in Golden Kamuy.

As much as I love his voice - easily in the top five seiyuu with the sexiest voices - I'm not sure if he would be my first choice to play Manji. I mean, sure, I was hoping he would be part of the cast, but I was thinking more of Shira than of Manji. Not gonna complain, though - the more of his voice, the better, haha - and I really like how feral it sounds towards the end of the trailer.

The rest of the voices seem fine, except maybe Anotsu - not feeling his voice at all.

Either way, between discussing the new manga arc and the new adaptation, I think I'm starting to honestly wish for a bit more fleshed out ending of the whole story than the original one...

Oh well, we'll see. For now I just hope that they won't rush it.
AirsaberSep 16, 2019 8:03 AM
Sep 25, 2019 10:42 PM

Feb 2015
Vinland Saga, now Blade of the Immortal? Is this God speaking to me?

Rohanbarai said:
It's definitely going to get popular because of mass fan following increase since 2008 to 2019.
I am not talking about this anime fan following tho.
Anime viewer are increased this days now whole world know all about anime..and there existences. In 2008 it was not get popular around the world.and due to his low response in Japan they closed down the anime.
But this time it's different because as you know there are plenty countries which are associated with anime production . Thier view count to them.i wish people will rise this up in response as they did on Boku no hero academia , attack on titan Tokyo ghoul...etc.
So you already know the power of legitimate viewers.
So I Hope for the BEST.

I read the whole manga and it's all Mature Story.
I love the whole story because of its plot and character development .
Journey of RIN is hard .you will see it soon enough XD.

This will get around the same(quantity) audience Vinland Saga is getting, they're both on Prime as well.
SteelingMaxSep 28, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2, 2019 8:47 AM
Apr 2016
Please be good, this is my favorite manga ever and i don't have high expectations for this one but it would be aweome if it had the same quality as Vinland saga, you can't get enough seinen anime adaptations these days.
Oct 6, 2019 7:31 AM
Oct 2019
Vai ser muito bom,mas infelizmente vai dividir opiniões.
Oct 7, 2019 10:41 AM
Oct 2017
Eniie said:
They said this will be a full adaptation of the manga. No info about Studio or staff yet.

Full adaptation with only 24 episodes? If so then it's already a failed adaptation before it's even aired. There are 207 chapters to adapt.
Oct 8, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2017
JayfroC said:
One thing of note is that the cast of characters/VO's revealed so far is roughly equivalent to the one present in the first few volumes. It might be an indication that these 24 episodes will only cover the starting portion of the source material.

I hope you're right !!!
Oct 9, 2019 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
First two episodes are out on Amazon Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/Act-One-Meeting/dp/B07YTGQ5VZ/
Stark700Oct 9, 2019 8:21 AM
Jun 30, 2020 9:51 AM

Nov 2007
Ningen Isu to perform TV broadcast ver. of 2nd OP
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1593516253
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

81 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 9 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Nov 27, 2019

27 by BrianaBird »»
Apr 8, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2020

53 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 15 Discussion

JiangHaoyi1979 - Jan 15, 2020

24 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 28, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 12 Discussion

Illyricus - Dec 18, 2019

21 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 20, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.