Forum Settings
Forums

When it comes to characters, what's more important to you?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2019 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
to me its how well a character is developed for the most part, but that isnt always the case, i also like characters i can relate to or if i just find them cute
May 13, 2019 2:31 PM
Nov 2017
Charisma for sure, I don't know why, but the character who has a big charisma is always good, like griffith from berserk or johan from monsters, or even light yagami has a big charisma too.

With charisma, the character can be so manipulative and just makes others believe in them.
May 18, 2019 10:53 AM

Oct 2015
Tits and ass are a man's demise. I vote for thighs.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

May 26, 2019 1:41 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Personality, likeability and design.
Jan 15, 2020 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
-Lofn- said:
Tits and ass are a man's demise. I vote for thighs.

Man of culture spotted. Now yeet yourself to the next ecchi/harem subforum!
Jan 15, 2020 1:06 PM

Jan 2020
Design, I watch anime for the cute characters and action.
U_dee_WhoJan 15, 2020 1:38 PM
Jan 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
Having a good design is cool and all,but it will never overshadow things like personality and likeability.To me a good design is like a cherry on top.Likewise,i don't care about a character's intelligence,pr physical prowess or feats for that matter,because if they are good at all those things,then it indicates to me that are a mary sure/gary stu.And god forbid i see any of those type of mega overpowered,characters because i hate them with a passion.
Jan 15, 2020 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like the sound of their voice should be an option. In the anime Myself;Yourself, there's a character named Aoi. She's pretty adorable. At least, she would be if she didn't sound like a bloody chipmunk. Its grating on the ears whenever she speaks.

As for your options, I think the best characters have good development, meaning they grow over the course of the series in an organic way that makes sense in the context of the world that the show is set in.
Jan 15, 2020 2:14 PM
Oct 2012
Development, but Demon Slayer fans will never get it
Jan 15, 2020 5:41 PM

Sep 2017
Well...all the features in this list ?

If a character is well written, it has to have all these features to feel realistic and relatable
Jan 15, 2020 6:35 PM

May 2019
Do they have a motive that makes sense?
Are they blowing stuff up or something similarly cool?
Yeah, I'm thinking this is a 10/10 character.
Jan 16, 2020 5:12 PM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Frogs fighting in the World War III are 10/10 characters then?
Jan 16, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2010
I think the most important thing is development and personality. Only time I do not care for development is if its a SoL/comedy anime kinda like Sakamoto-kun or Saiki K thats when Personality and Relatability are more important.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 16, 2020 9:47 PM

May 2019
Kosmonaut said:
Freshell said:

The arc where they became gay was pretty unrealistic my dog. 0/10.
Jan 17, 2020 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
I like any anime or movie or story where we are allowed to dive deep into a character, see all their various dimensions, all their dark sides, all their bright sides - so depth - as in, the narrative depth in showing a character through - backstory, development, their persona, various moods, vagaries of their emotional nature/psyche, to something very simple as nuances of body language, even redundant stuff like them eating, sleeping, watering plants lol ...basically, all nooks and crannies, lengths and breaths of what makes a person!
Jan 17, 2020 6:31 AM

Feb 2019
Freshell said:
Kosmonaut said:

The arc where they became gay was pretty unrealistic my dog. 0/10.
But it made sense, because of the chemicals in the water. So, they check both of your boxes out.
Aug 15, 2021 4:03 PM

Jun 2021
Personality, charisma, relatability and non-stereotyped developments.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Aug 15, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
1. no such thing as "husbando" sorry to the very few weirdoos, just because a bigger community invented the term waifu doesn't mean you get a free ride along it, invent your own shit

2. most important thing for me is principles, a character that believes in something and sticks with it, for example Lelouch, it got uglier than he planned it, but goddamn he got it done
Aug 15, 2021 4:22 PM

Jun 2020
Personality
Development
Design
Depth
Likeability
May 14, 2022 4:17 PM

Jun 2021
Kazu-chan-san said:
Personality, charisma, relatability and non-stereotyped developments.

Also the quality of the designs. I wouldn't love my waifu Vladilena as much as I do without her gaterbelts and silver hair.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

May 14, 2022 6:22 PM

Aug 2020
Not really something where I can just pick one. A good character has a combination of all of these to some degree :)

You generally can't have much depth with a character that has no personality or backstory, and those inform the characters development as well. There's no time for development if they have no screen time, they can't be likeable to me if I know nothing about them or hate how they look, and I won't be able to relate to them if they are too stupid, and so on. It's all interconnected.
May 15, 2022 8:25 AM

Feb 2020
1. Personality
2. Likeability
3. Design
Jul 15, 2022 12:15 AM

Jul 2017
Most important:
Personality, design, charisma

Least important:
Relatability, physical prowess, love life, likability in the eyes of the anime community

When you say “likability,” I’m guessing you mean “likability in the eyes of the anime community”? If so, then yeah, I’d consider it to be a moderately unimportant quality.

Also, I’d say that “waifu material, beliefs, development, depth, intelligence, backstory, feats, and screen time” can be either really important or unimportant, depending on the character’s role in the story and other factors.

As for the most important qualities, personality is the most important for me while design is a very close 2nd. The two are almost tied for me in terms of importance. The 3rd most important quality in my view would be charisma.
Jul 15, 2022 12:17 AM

Mar 2022
character development is my no.1 selling point for stories, so yeah that
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

121 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
29 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

208 by PurplePants »»
37 seconds ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

982 by xaacaa »»
41 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 16 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

31 by Lhundrup »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.