Forum Settings
Forums

The first anime u watched, did it make u like anime being the first time or did it put u off

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 2019 4:50 PM

Feb 2019
The first anime I watched was Yu Yu Hakusho and it turned me to an otaku even dreamt to be an animator.
May 18, 2019 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
weeaboo fans turned me off when i was a teen....i thought anime was japanese cartoons so they had more sexually explicit scenes and girls were always in bikinis fighting big transformers. I liked Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Totoro but didn't think those were anime because of the lack of bikinis.

Many kids loved DBZ, and to be honest i thought they were like kids who did karate with powers and had to scream to activate it. So i thought it was some dumb boy show like Digimon or something.

I decided to check out anime because a lot of people I knew who loved it then STILL do. Also, if so many adults (im in my 20s) love anime it can't be THAT childish. If a convention popped up for modern day cartoons i think more kids would be there than adults.

So the show I think i checked out of curiousity was Psycho-Pass, then I watched Shiki, then Paranoia agent...and branched out from there. Genres I normall would scoff at i picked up, and learned the title is never really good to judge...also the info about the show is super mega weak lol.
May 18, 2019 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
My first one was Naruto and i only knew about anime 7 years later
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 42 minutes ago

15 by TsutanaiFuun »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 8 hours ago

20 by tmoverbeck »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

34 by MasterTasuke »»
15 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

3 by VeryRedBags »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.