Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 7, 2019 1:48 PM

Apr 2018
Not as good as the last episodes but still solid

papsoshea said:
Imouto to the rescue!

Fubuki appeared and every time I see her, I just wished she was drawn and animated the same as other characters were in season 1 lol I bet she'd look hotter. Looks like her older sister will be joining in next episode.

Saitama one slapped his opponent and the jokes around that scene did land, more so probably because there haven't been many jokes. I think people here are forgetting something, and you need to be reminded of it. One Punch Man is supposed to be a parody, a comedy first. This season feels more of a pure battle shonen. So try at least to understand some of the criticism because the charm this series had isn't really here now and when you add the downgrade in the visuals department, its really disappointing.

In saying that, I do feel people are overexaggerating.
I do understand some criticism but people giving it a bad rating just because it isnt as perfect as Season 1 is just dumb. Its still a solid anime

Mod edit: fixed double post
BarnaldMay 12, 2019 1:03 AM

May 7, 2019 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
There's a Yamcha in all of us!
May 7, 2019 1:57 PM

Oct 2018
This episode was good and season 2 is awesome so far!
Change my mind.

May 7, 2019 2:18 PM
Oct 2017
So... is this the quality we can expect from the remaining season? The first 4 Episodes might not have been as great as the previous season, but they still had their moments. And the downgrade in art and animation wasn't that unbearable to watch. Heck, Genos vs Sonic and Garo vs Tanktop Master were lit!

But I couldn't believe what I was watching. Even with expecations already lowered, Episode 5 was just painful to sit through. Guess they blew their entire budget on the first 4 Episodes.

I haven't felt this joyless watching an Anime Episode in a long time.
May 7, 2019 2:20 PM
Apr 2018
I just feel so dissapointed. It's called "One punch man" but i think it should be called "The heroes and One Punch Man" because Saitama gets so little screen time.
May 7, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2018
People need to stop with the "they used up all the budget on this amount of epiosdes which is why x looks shitty " excuse it's pretty much just a meme at this point

May 7, 2019 2:50 PM
Feb 2016
Can we please just have a petition or try and get a hashtag going to get Bones or an actual competent studio to redo this season when it's done? Cuz I'm pretty sure it's just gonna keep getting worse from here and be a total disaster and ruin its brand name. Have someone else do a S2 remake but better, consider this as non-canon and then move on for the future
May 7, 2019 2:52 PM
May 2017
aplacebeyondMAL said:
I am doubtful they would let Genos watch a martial arts tournament, much less even still hold the tournament when nearly every city is being attacked. It feels like this episodes two plots are happening in entirely unrelated worlds.

The martial arts tournament was starting before the world wide monster attacks happened. So they had no reason to call him as of then, even Elder Centipede was just another powerful monster that the Hero Association needed more powerful S-Class to take out.
May 7, 2019 2:52 PM
Feb 2016
Meta_Yoshi said:
The only way to stop Garo right now, other than to knock him unconscious, is to get a little kid involved. In this case, it was Metal Bat's sister and her words was powerful enough to make Garo lose interest in his fight and walked away. Either way, he was only one hit away from winning, but that was dealt embarrassingly by Metal's bat sister instead. XD

But the animation, for me, was as lackluster as episode 2. Character models were fine, but the movements and the huge use of blurring wasn't good at all. At least the CGI centipede still looked great in the few scenes it still appeared in this episode, though. =)

What I really want to see more of is the fighting tournament. Saitama is already through to the next round after simply slapping his opponent's face silly. Lucky for the guy that his girlfriend never turned up to watch his thrashing, lol.

The episode was frustrating, but it still had some good points. Hopefully, the rollercoaster animation quality will improve next time, or it could get worse, who knows.....

I don't believe next episode is going to be better. It's been getting worse since 3 and I feel that was the peak point for S2. Really, I honestly hope Japan listens to us and have a different studio do S2 all over again from scratch and make this non canon like they did with DxD Hero episode 0 (even though I hated Hero)
May 7, 2019 3:05 PM
Apr 2016
Developing steadily and as expected in a great fashion. Garo is being shown less and less a villain already. Not only he fights fair and square with opponents who match his strength (but not skill maybe), but he also does not get violent with unconcerned innocents and seems to have a sweet spot for children (maybe drawing lines with how he himself was a child before going through a pro-monster mindset), overall he himself qualifies as a hero. But most importantly he is starting to see the monsters he thought was cool and were worth fighting for. They are ready to attack children, have no reservations against finishing off injured and unconsciouss and overall are just disgusting. He explicitly says so. I am praising the author(s) for properly delivering the complexity of many characters here.
Supersky said:
Meta_Yoshi said:
The only way to stop Garo right now, other than to knock him unconscious, is to get a little kid involved. In this case, it was Metal Bat's sister and her words was powerful enough to make Garo lose interest in his fight and walked away. Either way, he was only one hit away from winning, but that was dealt embarrassingly by Metal's bat sister instead. XD

But the animation, for me, was as lackluster as episode 2. Character models were fine, but the movements and the huge use of blurring wasn't good at all. At least the CGI centipede still looked great in the few scenes it still appeared in this episode, though. =)

What I really want to see more of is the fighting tournament. Saitama is already through to the next round after simply slapping his opponent's face silly. Lucky for the guy that his girlfriend never turned up to watch his thrashing, lol.

The episode was frustrating, but it still had some good points. Hopefully, the rollercoaster animation quality will improve next time, or it could get worse, who knows.....

I don't believe next episode is going to be better. It's been getting worse since 3 and I feel that was the peak point for S2. Really, I honestly hope Japan listens to us and have a different studio do S2 all over again from scratch and make this non canon like they did with DxD Hero episode 0 (even though I hated Hero)

Excuse me this amount of preposterous banter is just piercing through all my pressure limits. Listen to whom, exactly? You, people who (have seen) third rate shows for thirsty adolescents and troubled adults, and then dare compare it to an intricate, fresh take on a superhero genre with proper symbolism and oustanding directing? The "me" before would have compared you to something extremely not insignificant, but actually harmful. The "me" after a weekly ban will let you know that you are deeply, profoundly misguided in your assumptions.
Daniel_NaumovMay 7, 2019 3:09 PM
Re:formed
May 7, 2019 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
I think it is understandable people aren't satisfied with the little screentime Saitama had in this episode. Most are attached to the hero, the protagonist, Saitama. Filling his screentime with other characters that doesn't have the tie to the audience as much as him, will resulted in a dissatisfaction, i guess.

Another thing is because these characters aren't that interesting, yet.
May 7, 2019 3:12 PM

Aug 2018
Metal Bat sister is cute and those monsters have interesting designs ... that's approximatively all the good I can say about this episode.

May 7, 2019 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
The monsters are appearing!!!
Lol, I'm glad Zakkos's gf wasn't there.
May 7, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
Something lacking...I don't know but the manga just felt more exciting watching Metal Bat and Garou.

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 7, 2019 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
Another shit episode for this shit season. Ugh I keep thinking it can't get any worse and it does. Some people who like this must have eye problems or really really low expectations. Maybe they are in denial.
GundamSoulMay 7, 2019 3:30 PM
May 7, 2019 3:28 PM
Feb 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Developing steadily and as expected in a great fashion. Garo is being shown less and less a villain already. Not only he fights fair and square with opponents who match his strength (but not skill maybe), but he also does not get violent with unconcerned innocents and seems to have a sweet spot for children (maybe drawing lines with how he himself was a child before going through a pro-monster mindset), overall he himself qualifies as a hero. But most importantly he is starting to see the monsters he thought was cool and were worth fighting for. They are ready to attack children, have no reservations against finishing off injured and unconsciouss and overall are just disgusting. He explicitly says so. I am praising the author(s) for properly delivering the complexity of many characters here.
Supersky said:

Excuse me this amount of preposterous banter is just piercing through all my pressure limits. Listen to whom, exactly? You, people who (have seen) third rate shows for thirsty adolescents and troubled adults, and then dare compare it to an intricate, fresh take on a superhero genre with proper symbolism and oustanding directing? The "me" before would have compared you to something extremely not insignificant, but actually harmful. The "me" after a weekly ban will let you know that you are deeply, profoundly misguided in your assumptions.

Bro this season is legit ass, deal with it. everything about it is terrible
May 7, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2018
GundamSoul said:
Another shit episode for this shit season. Ugh I keep thinking it can't get any worse and it does. Some people who like this must eye problems or really really low expectations.
Are we overexaggerating a lot here?

May 7, 2019 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
Fl0ri4n said:
GundamSoul said:
Another shit episode for this shit season. Ugh I keep thinking it can't get any worse and it does. Some people who like this must eye problems or really really low expectations.
Are we overexaggerating a lot here?

Nope. Being pretty tame actually. lol
May 7, 2019 3:38 PM
Jun 2017
They should just stop they are butchering this manga
May 7, 2019 4:10 PM

Aug 2018
FFS I was always checking the timer to know if this episode would at least show us a round with Saitama... that makes 2 episodes of just a preparation... But thank god the scene after credits finally satisfied my desire to see this blond guy being knocked out.

It was also appreciable to discover new heroes & new monsters, as well as a nice fight featuring Metal Bat & Garou.

New episode seems to have Tatsumaki in it, that's cool.
May 7, 2019 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
It seems Garou has a soft spot for little kids. He gets along well with that heroes magazine kid at the park and now he let Metal Bat live because of his little sister.

Saitama's fight was mad funny.
May 7, 2019 4:16 PM

May 2009
Last 2 episodes feel really dragged out with pointless scenes and dialogue. Don't like what they're doing. Hope they get a grip soon, this is getting annoying.
May 7, 2019 4:28 PM

Mar 2019
It wasn't bad. I hate cliffhangers though.
Not enough Saitama if I gotta be honest, but how can that be helped.
The animation ofc ain't as good as it was in Season 1, but imo it's bearable and I don't really mind it too much. The season is still enjoyable.
May 7, 2019 4:39 PM

Jun 2015
Sasuga JC the eps just becoming worse and worse
May 7, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
It was alright, the fight sequences weren't the greatest but they were passable I guess. Direction could have definitely been better.

Honestly, the best part of the episode for me was watching Fubuki take off her coat. XD
May 7, 2019 4:48 PM

Dec 2016
I love the characters roles in this season
That's why I like it more than season one😍
May 7, 2019 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
I'm not a big animation critic, but it seems just okay to me. Definitely not great, but I've seen far worse. Not fitting for OPM, though, it needs epic stuff.

Problem is I'm finding it kinda boring. Other than the post-credits scene, there wasn't anything funny or interesting.
May 7, 2019 5:07 PM

Oct 2015
This show lacks timing like the previous season's. Pretty disappointing considering how much I was eager for this show.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 7, 2019 5:23 PM
Mar 2019
I can't stand this level of animation that looks so low, the metal knight even looks like an iron wreck, and the story is very slow, damn whether JC is serious about making OPM animations
May 7, 2019 5:25 PM

Jul 2016
I enjoyed the episode to be honest, i have no idea why you little weebs cry so much lmfao. If it's so bad why don't you go join up with J.C.Staff and show them how much better you can do it? Dam kiddos
May 7, 2019 5:26 PM
Mar 2019
Supersky said:
Can we please just have a petition or try and get a hashtag going to get Bones or an actual competent studio to redo this season when it's done? Cuz I'm pretty sure it's just gonna keep getting worse from here and be a total disaster and ruin its brand name. Have someone else do a S2 remake but better, consider this as non-canon and then move on for the future
LOL you can personally tell other studios to make a remake, even if you are willing to give them millions of dollars
May 7, 2019 5:39 PM
Aug 2017
Damn the fights are pretty weak, these scene were more intense in the mangas. and they should change the sound design. its really bad
May 7, 2019 6:18 PM
Feb 2017
Unyversu said:
I enjoyed the episode to be honest, i have no idea why you little weebs cry so much lmfao. If it's so bad why don't you go join up with J.C.Staff and show them how much better you can do it? Dam kiddos

The "bet you can't do it better" argument is not valid. I for one am enjoying this series despite its lackluster in animation. Episode 3's fight animation was good, this week was subpar in its fight scene's animations. You can't really say it was that good, too much blur on the screen to really capture the fight.
May 7, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2017
Wish the tournament wasn't going on in the middle of this random monster invasion. It's like two arcs at once and they don't mesh at all. It kinda annoys me cause I just wanna focus on one or the other. Also the metal bat fight was pretty medium at best. Feelsbadman cause they've done much better in the past. Also wtf little sis, metal bat was about to get a good hit in.
May 7, 2019 6:34 PM
Jan 2019
Unyversu said:

It's called critique, one doesn't have to be an expert at something to criticize it. You can see the uprpar against Sonic finally led to the director agreeing to correct the character design of Sonic, in the same way crititique only helps to improve a product.
May 7, 2019 6:53 PM
May 2019
This episode was pretty meh. Metal Bat vs Garou definitely could've been a lot better.

3/5
May 7, 2019 7:46 PM
Apr 2019
What's happening to the anime fights recently? First eren vs reiner dissapointing fight and now this? Anyway, pretty average episode this week nothing great.
May 7, 2019 8:22 PM
Feb 2016
Karunasagar_Gv said:
Unyversu said:

It's called critique, one doesn't have to be an expert at something to criticize it. You can see the uprpar against Sonic finally led to the director agreeing to correct the character design of Sonic, in the same way crititique only helps to improve a product.

^^^ this!!! This is why criticism is important, so the creators and staff know how badly they're fucking something up. We want it to be amazing, not bad and subpar
May 7, 2019 8:26 PM

Jun 2013
Garou vs Metal Bat was underwhelming. We can see any good qction because of the goddamn jump cuts.
May 7, 2019 8:48 PM

Mar 2019
Well, I think from now on I'll just focus on the positives because complaining about the animation is tedious at this point. Complaints are justified, but they've all been said already.

I enjoyed watching these characters animated. That's all. Love them in the manga, and love them here. And, I love ONE's humor. That is still intact for the most part.

I don't understand the complaints about Saitama becoming less of a focal point. Garou is great, and I'm really fond of the other S class heroes. That's not to say that when Saitama disappears and returns (after other heroes get to shine) I'm unhappy about it, but the other heroes are good and have great fights. You're rarely gonna see these kind of fights with a one-shot fighter. The novelty would wear off quickly. If you're expecting Saitama vs Boros every episode you're likely not gonna get it.
May 7, 2019 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Not the best of episodes if I'm honest. The Garou vs. Metal Bat fight was... underwhelming to say the least and the directing as a whole didn't convince me in the slightest either.

I also didn't like the cuts they did from one fight to another. It made most of the episode felt pretty random and uncomfortable to watch for moments.

As some people said here, it was a pretty "meh" episode overall.

And on a side note, it seems Tatsumaki will make her appearance in the next episode. Just hope she doesn't interrupt Fubuki's fight... or whatever the "confrontation" she will have with that sadistic villain.
May 7, 2019 9:18 PM
Jan 2018
I think it's pretty good. J.C Staff did a good job. They adapted the manga well but people are looking forward to an excellent adaptation. That's why they're disappointed. In my opinion, episode 5 is a bit boring. I know this episode mainly explains what's going on, so there's not much fun too watch. I'm looking for fun OPM episodes. That's it. Hope they do better in the next episodes. There're many fun will happen there.
May 7, 2019 9:48 PM

May 2016
Well I guess it was a pretty decent episode for me.
RaizelMay 7, 2019 10:51 PM
May 7, 2019 9:59 PM

Oct 2018
The Metal Bat vs Garou fight pales in comparison to its manga counterpart. Especially how Garou parried the metal bat attacks in the tornado metal bat attack, the animation on that part is so limited.

Anyway I enjoyed the tournament scenes more, its just fun to watch Saitama commenting how weak the glasses guy, then felt sorry for the one hit KO at the end xD, Can't wait to see more of the tournament fights later.
May 7, 2019 9:59 PM

May 2015
Tatsumaki next episode? I'm hyped af boiiiii
May 7, 2019 10:02 PM

Jul 2017
While I was creaming myself with Isekai Quartet today, this episode is a letdown. How can the episode tittle be about the Super Fight Tournament while it was like 5 minutes of screen time.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
May 7, 2019 10:07 PM

Nov 2018
Is it just me or is this season of OPM kinda off-putting? It's becoming more of a letdown as the show progresses.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
May 7, 2019 10:26 PM

Nov 2018
_cjessop18_ said:
Is it just me or is this season of OPM kinda off-putting? It's becoming more of a letdown as the show progresses.

Also from a quote from Chibi Reviews, I kinda have to agree that this animation "Lacks passion & a soul"

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
May 7, 2019 10:45 PM
Jan 2017
OPM episode 5 feels like one of those youtube videos which animated manga panels But that is better than this episode
May 7, 2019 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
People should stop comparing the animation to the manga. The fight scenes are great and put me on the edge of my seat. 4/5 episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

234 by ShaunTheMoose »»
Jan 16, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.