Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2019 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The motion picture in the title is quite misleading, it's fully animated :P

The train bomb is taking inspiration from "Speed" movie?
Haha never changes Ryou, keep making decision based on panties' color xD

I didn't quite understand the villain, he wanted to destroy it all including his sister
But at the same time he cherished his sister's smile
Those are quite conflicting... thing

It's surprisingly quite a good special, I guess many people missed this

That ending though, perfect 10/10 xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 19, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
Thats way more like it!! As mentioned in the City Hunter Secret Service thread I have been pretty underwhelmed by the two previous City Hunter feature length specials. They were just padded out 2 part stories imo and didn't merit the extra running time.

Fortunately Goodbye My Sweetheart definitely changed that. The story is obviously 90's action cliche and clearly rips on the film Speed but overall this is not a bad thing. Because this time we actually have a plot worthy of the 90 minute run time, with enough twists and turns to keep it interesting and tense.

Though I will agree with @Rayl1ght in that the villain didn't really make alot of sense. Also at some point between being 18 years at home and the battlefield conversion to the 'Professor' the guy regained his eyesight! That or he decided contacts would better suit his bangs lol.

The Animation this time finally got a proper bump in quality, a large improvement over the previous special and it really helps this feel more epic overall with a closer film like quality. Also the most mokkori Kaori character design so far which I much improve of :P

This specials is definitely one of my favourite parts of the City Hunter franchise and something I have to say in retrospect I wish the show had done alot more of. This action story really felt right and the main cast felt at home in a story like this. I will return to this special many more times in the future I suspect.

Well one more TV special to go then...

Jan 25, 2021 10:57 AM

Nov 2015
my thoughts exactly, bout this movie :(

đź’˘

Feb 10, 2:39 AM

Jan 2021
"I'm being targeted by a psychopath who has already tried to crash one train full of people, but it's okay, let me board this train full of three hundred of my fans because I'm sure he won't try to blow this one up too."

God this Emi character is an idiot. She should be imprisoned for putting so many people at risk.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.