Forum Settings
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Man its so nostalgic that art theme, form, emphasis and composition; i had that in art course. Plus it can relate to others having pressure at certain point like entrance gedai exams so im excited to what’s is coming.
May 27, 2019 3:34 PM
Nov 2015
Really don't like how they depict art students here. They're really trying shove the sports manga competitiveness into art. While I could be wrong on Japanese art exams and how they work (I only know from Kakukaku Shikajika an some other ones) but it just feels so weird.

Also there's hand-painting but making hand prints on a canvas?? Like I'm not sure what shes making but its baffling that the mc's even surprised like you havent done that in primary school?? It's just so edgy gosh

Any why do these guys even hate each other so much. Is it just Japan? Art school kids are usually very supportive of eachpther and its creepy how condescending everyone is though this is speaking from an international perspective. Japan is very competitive after all. If you want competitive, condescending art students(and those are not really common) I think it would suit fashion more or animation even where competitions actually occur.

Another point: Art is different from maybe an academic subject so 4 art "pordigies/clearly better" in a class of ten wouldnt be that weird but most highschooler art is quite cliche moreso in the context of what this manga is talking about. And why is everyone there hating on Yaguchi, I mean hes just begun art and he's quite good at it (everyone is ofcourse since all the drawings are made by the mangaka's art friends).
Jul 27, 2019 10:31 AM
Jul 2019
Nyabby said:
Really don't like how they depict art students here. They're really trying shove the sports manga competitiveness into art. While I could be wrong on Japanese art exams and how they work (I only know from Kakukaku Shikajika an some other ones) but it just feels so weird.

Also there's hand-painting but making hand prints on a canvas?? Like I'm not sure what shes making but its baffling that the mc's even surprised like you havent done that in primary school?? It's just so edgy gosh

Any why do these guys even hate each other so much. Is it just Japan? Art school kids are usually very supportive of eachpther and its creepy how condescending everyone is though this is speaking from an international perspective. Japan is very competitive after all. If you want competitive, condescending art students(and those are not really common) I think it would suit fashion more or animation even where competitions actually occur.

Another point: Art is different from maybe an academic subject so 4 art "pordigies/clearly better" in a class of ten wouldnt be that weird but most highschooler art is quite cliche moreso in the context of what this manga is talking about. And why is everyone there hating on Yaguchi, I mean hes just begun art and he's quite good at it (everyone is ofcourse since all the drawings are made by the mangaka's art friends).

I whole heartedly disagree, what do you mean art students aren’t condescending? I feel like you just live in a little bubble where everyone’s just over the top nice.
People don’t like each other, it’s just life and the manga wouldn’t be interesting if there was no competition, just like life.
It’s a great manga and I don’t get how showing hand painting is “edgy” (its showing his confusion, that the students are doing things he didn’t expect)

To me it just seems like you want a happy go lucky story. It’s compettetive because people want to be the best artist they can possibly be. If you just keep sugarcoating people’s art and don’t give them honest criticism (which to you might seem “harsh” because everyone who does art is just supposed to be “very supporting”) they won’t get better.

It’s a great manga, you’re complaining about unnecessary stuff.
Jan 22, 2021 5:36 AM

Jul 2019
Yeah, Yaguchi copying too much on a superficial level, really need to bring out his own for once. All that triangle and O mechanics seem hard to get around to as well.

The art students really are wild here lol. Kinda reminds me of Shokugeki with each to their own.

Rip with that 1st place. Though I feel like with what the manga gives about being yourself. Surely they can overcome this.
Aug 3, 2023 3:24 AM

Apr 2020
The method of compositions is fascinating. In my understanding, they act as a structure to emphasize how a viewer is to interact with an artwork. One way to show how meticulous an art can be created

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 64 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 27, 2023

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 5, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 6 Discussion

NextUniverse - Jan 8, 2021

5 by Dead_Pari_ »»
Apr 2, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 3 Discussion

NextUniverse - Dec 5, 2020

6 by Dead_Pari_ »»
Mar 30, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 26 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jan 21, 2021

5 by Tempest_16 »»
Mar 28, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 63 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 27, 2023

2 by DefeatingMe »»
Mar 9, 5:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.