Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What, there's an elevator that leads to another world...that's strange.

Speaking of that world, it gives an ominous feel compared to the real world. The woman that resides there isn't normal either. Urban legends about elevators isn't that new tbh.
May 5, 2019 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
A lady suddenly appearing in front of the door? (or rather, returned from riding that elevator)

Elevator to another world? Miyu-Miyu's character created a forum to find info.

She lost memory, though. Maeno-san's character, she's one of the costumer when he was host, asks her about it. Seems like she forgot about undoing the marriage with her ex-fiance.

Really another world in 45th floor. Another in that space... She wants something but the two don't have it. As long as she knows main guy understands her, she pulled him out so she can have a talk. Then "pushed" Maeno-san's character out by her breath.

So she wants something (feelings of loss) inside the box that went out. It's something similar to what Maeno-san's character has.

The elevator was just to connect human's world. A lady with broken heart came and she stole broken heart. So that's why the customer Maeno-san's character doesn't remember about broken heart is that reason (main guy didn't realize it, but Maeno-san's character knows it).

They finally were able to contact online. Another didn't know that she stole memory, too while retrieving broken heart. Pandora's box... Main guy finally was able to go back.

Not expecting to completely solve the cases?

Main guy wondering what happened to Maeno-san's character, which has the feelings of loss that that another felt similar to...

The title to next ep., actually talks about what Main guy wonders?

Edit: I was correct when I felt familiar with the voice. Yui-chan (who voiced Izumi Matsuno in ep. 2) voiced Aoi, one of the victims who was Maeno-san's character's customers.
https://twitter.com/yuiyui_makino/status/1125067058608087040
tsubasaloverMay 5, 2019 10:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 5, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
The urban legend about the women on the 13th floor of a building that is accessed by the elevator has always freaked me out so this episode actually put me on edge a bit until we actually saw her.
Another isn't that different from people, just because you can understand another person doesn't mean you can resolve anything. Symbolism?

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

May 5, 2019 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
it took me less than three minutes of seeing the women with a box and the type of clothing she was wearing to deduce it was pandora, this one is ominous in tale though.
May 5, 2019 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
I found this episode a bit creepy..
May 5, 2019 12:42 PM

Aug 2017
This was an interesting case. So that woman was collecting 'lost love', 'jealousy' and other negative emotions, right. I should have known it was about Pandoras Box, although I realised this when it was mentioned haha.

Theo provided the happy note again, stating that his elevator might take him somewhere mysterious... and nothing happend to him XD

I really want to know more about Sakaki's "tremendous loss" at this point. I guess it is related to the flashback during the sake drinking game. I am already looking forward to next week! :)
May 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
So Pandora's box was the lament configuration all this time.
May 5, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
I think this was based on the dimension crossing game that you play in a lift. They really made it quite interesting.

When the girl was telling her story, I immediately realised she was Pandora. Lmao. They gave her a sense of responsibility.

Even though the creepy boss sounds like Ishida Akira, he's not him, is he? Ishida Akira isn't listed in the cast here. (I am too lazy to check the end credits to search for him) .
May 5, 2019 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
momosemomo said:
I found this episode a bit creepy..
yes and This is the good part
May 5, 2019 5:39 PM
Jan 2019
it's look like a urban legend in real world where you need a building with 50th floor but instead they need 45th floor where you can go to another world i forgot what name of that urban legend but i never heard that it was pandora box on that urban legend

love the show, so why she need to stop when she just taking others people fillings? that man is so naive but still like it
May 5, 2019 7:20 PM

Oct 2015
Was that it, case closed and Pandora just went her way?? Ah, that was lame.

At the end you ask yourself "did I just waste my life".
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 5, 2019 9:18 PM
Mar 2019
I... Just really loved this episode. The eeire and unnatural vibe of it came directly from a pretty good and well composed soundtrack that accompanied it which just amped it all up!!!

lihle808 said:

Tbh that was one of my favorite part. What in heaven or earth did he think they'd do? I mean... He has met already with multiple kinds of anothers and deities even, for that fact. He knows a jackal god from Mexico who just does as he pleases, a shrine demon who just drinks and gets whoever he wants to his festivals, yadda yadda... I mean... It's actually pretty nice to have the message of "Change what you can, accept what you can't change and have the discerniment to tell them apart", it's pretty relatable to life, actually!!!
May 6, 2019 3:21 AM

Mar 2019
Pandora's slightly deranged smile is so subtle.

I usually find the art of this anime kinda lacking, but i guess its only a budget thing, because they seem to nail expressions.

Pandora is originally a mortal woman, doesn't she? The first woman created by Zeus. Is she Another because she's a myth given form? Or, perhaps because her importance as the First Woman elevated her to supernatural status? Maybe opening the Box in itself made her Another?

What about that supernatural machine he was using to detect love loss and control the elevator?

This episode was surely intriguing. I hope they keep focusing on the similarities and differences between humans and Anothers like that.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
May 6, 2019 3:24 AM

Mar 2019
caiobex said:

lihle808 said:

Tbh that was one of my favorite part. What in heaven or earth did he think they'd do? I mean... He has met already with multiple kinds of anothers and deities even, for that fact. He knows a jackal god from Mexico who just does as he pleases, a shrine demon who just drinks and gets whoever he wants to his festivals, yadda yadda... I mean... It's actually pretty nice to have the message of "Change what you can, accept what you can't change and have the discerniment to tell them apart", it's pretty relatable to life, actually!!!

Just like working on public service.

This isn't Midnight Occult Demon Hunters or Midnight Occult Supersleuths, this is Midnight Occult fucking Public Servants
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
May 6, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2007
Arata is slooooow... The moment she mentioned the lost contents of her box, it was clear we were dealing with Pandora, even before she made it absolutely clear by saying she only cracked it open just a bit.
May 6, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2019
I was actually pretty impressed by this epsiode. From the first 4 eps I accepted that this would probably be a 5/6 show but this episode was good. If they keep this up this could easily be one of my favorites this season
May 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
Knowing a bit of mythology, I immediately thought about Pandora when she claimed she was looking for something to put back in her box. Great to see they use mythical content coming from different part of the world !

Thought she looked a bit scary when Arata realized he wouldn't be able to "reason" her, especially with her eye covered by the hood's angle. But I still feel her as a non-dangerous entity, since she actually collects & frees people from their bad emotions.
May 6, 2019 6:32 PM
Mar 2019
Arata just spams the up button or something in that one scene lol.
May 6, 2019 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
Pandora this time.... wow
May 7, 2019 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
It was quite clear to me that she was Pandora the moment she talked about collecting BACK things she let out accidentally. But I thought she was a mortal in the mythology, wasn't she?
May 9, 2019 10:16 AM
May 2019
The message in the end of episode is tbh heavier than it looks .__.

I dunno. It's just hits home very hard, about having advantages/skills, yet can't resolve anything... but in the end Arata just got corrected about "our job isn't to find the big solutions"

:(
May 9, 2019 11:14 AM
Mar 2015
Pandora was always a very careless woman
May 11, 2019 5:18 PM
Apr 2016
Yeah...Anothers are just like humans, no difference except they seem to have a little more apathetic personalities. Well, weird episode, but I guess the entire anime is weird.
May 11, 2019 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, Pandora is a cutie and she has a nice box, too. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

They've been featuring megane-kun host a lot. I'm sure lots of fujoshis ship him with Arata. Poor Seo getting left behind.

It's nice to see new Anothers but I want to see the tengu and angel drama again, that was funny.
臭い-
May 12, 2019 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

So we have Pandora in this episode, taking people's sense of loss.

May 12, 2019 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
I’m annoyed with how Arata took things. Technically Pandora wasn’t doing anything so unforgivable. She’s collecting stuff that were hers to begin with and as a result is actually helping people get over negative feelings. Yeah it’s an inconvenience that they lose a bit of there memories and go missing for a short time but if she stops then isn’t it just her losing out?

If they’re gonna negotiate both sides need to benefit. I don’t like how this episode tacked on an eerie smile from her and that was enough to pain her as a problem. I mean he barely tried to convince her.

This was dumb. You can talk to them. Try a little harder.
Jun 20, 2019 7:25 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, no stupid Aztec god in this episode.

Pandora as an Another, huh? Nice. Pandora's Box has always been a scary thing.

Much better than the first 3 episodes.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 30, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, an excellent episode! They bascially found the being who gave all people their emotions.

Really liked this one, the writing and mystery was wholly different level . No Huehue around was also great treat.

If this show goes like this it would be bless, I hated it in the beginning but with stories like this it get slowly better and better.

Now I really wonder what's the thing about Sakaki's sister. Kinda weird that she didn't took it from him when she faced him up there only to find nothing though.
Nov 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
Not much that the team could do this episode, Miyako finally understood that he can't come to an understanding with all Anothers

Jun 23, 2020 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
mother fucking pandora
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does

More topics from this board

» Why is this so obscure and underrated?

KanekiKen523 - Jul 2, 2022

4 by Gemini20 »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:17 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

41 by mushi_Jyou »»
Oct 19, 2022 3:11 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

31 by Dimah85 »»
Oct 5, 2021 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

28 by Unkrowned »»
Nov 29, 2019 2:58 PM

Poll: » Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

29 by Unkrowned »»
Nov 29, 2019 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.