Forum Settings
Forums

What lost media from anime do you want to be found?

New
May 4, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2018
I would really like to see the original broadcast episodes from Dragon Ball and the 1973 Doraemon in its entirety.
May 4, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2007
That JJBA Phantom Blood movie.

I remember being hyped for it when it was coming to Japanese theaters, but it never got a home release.

Hopefully someday it will surface online.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 4, 2019 8:16 PM

Jul 2007
EggyFlake said:
I would really like to see the original broadcast episodes from Dragon Ball and the 1973 Doraemon in its entirety.

What would be the difference between the original tv broadcast of Dragon Ball and the video/dvd releases, other than possibly having slightly higher audio quality? I'm legit curious because I'm a huge DB fan who has watched it countless times and I have seen this brought up before as being desired.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 4, 2019 8:22 PM

Oct 2018
For Dragon Ball, the Japanese audio is very low and muffled and the colors of the newer prints are washed out as well.
May 4, 2019 8:25 PM

Jul 2007
EggyFlake said:
For Dragon Ball, the Japanese audio is very low and muffled and the colors of the newer prints are washed out as well.

Ah, that's what I had heard the issue was.

I honestly didn't notice the differences in audio until I heard some clips from DBZ showing a direct comparison of the video/dvd releases compared to the tv broadcast audio, and now I can't unhear it. lol
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 4, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2018
I understand why Toei had to wipe the original master tapes especially since they made a crap ton of shows in the 80's.
May 5, 2019 6:10 AM
May 2016
I don't know if it's "lost", per sé, but I wish the original Japanese version of the original Pokémon was more accessible. It's possible to find some episodes online with fansubs, but even then it's a real dig, and the supply eventually runs dry the more you go through the season.

I get that the dub of Season 1 was such a huge thing globally and certain episodes have essentially been wiped from the ether in the localisation, but it basically meant that certain jokes, references and aspects of the original Pokémon canon that certain fans, myself included, are really interested in checking out haven't been made available for viewing, and because the episodes are now over 20 years old the studio can't be arsed keeping a hold of the master tapes and possibly doing something with them the original subbed episodes are basically lost to the general Pokémon fandom.

If someone like Crunchyroll got access to the original subbed Pokémon it would such a great and groundbreaking thing. Looking for those episodes online has become such a pain.
May 5, 2019 8:00 PM

Sep 2010
Well there is this site full of old Japanese animated movies which are mostly silent. There are some I have watched that the ending was missing it would've been nice to see the complete product, but most of those shorts were on old film from the 1920s~1930s so its pretty much gone.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 6, 2019 2:25 PM
May 2017
the youtube channel Kenny Lauderdale is dedicated to reviewing obscure and almost lost media anime, it's a great way to get more people to know about them
Jun 6, 2019 2:49 PM

Oct 2018
MABfan11 said:
the youtube channel Kenny Lauderdale is dedicated to reviewing obscure and almost lost media anime, it's a great way to get more people to know about them

I've watched many of his videos. I want Lensman and Hana no Asuka Gumi 2 to be found. Though Lensman's legal issues won't be solved for years and I doubt Toei knows that the latter even exists.
Jun 6, 2019 10:02 PM

Jul 2007
EggyFlake said:

EggyFlake said:
I understand why Toei had to wipe the original master tapes especially since they made a crap ton of shows in the 80's.

I'm currently watching Saint Seiya and it seems to have the same muffled audio issues as Dragon Ball. Now that I'm aware that the audio should actually be better, I can't unhear it lol.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

61 by perseii »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 48 minutes ago

6 by CaptainKenshiro »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

24 by 0arche »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

64 by Blueberry173 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.