Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 8, 2019 3:42 AM

Aug 2016
Man Nezuko kicking down that door had me rolling. Wonder how many times Urokodaki had to fix that door. It looked like normal procedure for her.

Really loved the comedic bits this episode like Tanjirou's face when being ignored and that crow busting in with that soundtrack and started talking.

The first half was a little iffy for me but they were pretty much just getting things out of the way.
May 8, 2019 1:56 PM

Dec 2016
This show looks SO FUCKING GOOD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly really good show didnt expect it to be honest. Tanjirou becomes a Demon Slayer finally xD. The guy who gave him the sword is funny xD The picture with them hugging was so wholesome
May 9, 2019 3:21 AM

Mar 2010
the reunion was very nice!! i am guessing nezuko was on her way to look for tanjiro and he came back just in time :)
May 9, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2012
ExaltedChampion said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

I heard "5" in Japanese.
Pretty sure that 5th wasn't present or somethin?

No it 5, the 5th guy just leave early.
Also yes the demon are evil but they also human before that. The story admit their wrong doing and don't give them a free pass for what they had done just because they have sad backstory. Most if not all demon only have flash back after they dead.

No spoilers please...
May 10, 2019 2:29 AM

Jun 2017
So, Tanjorou's first assignment begins next episode huh, can't wait to see that, also the girl who survived is kinda cute, I'm hoping we see more of her.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 10, 2019 6:10 AM
Jan 2019
Good episode
1.The man with the crow with the scarf said that 5 survived, but I only saw 4. Who will be the other? The boar-headed boy?
2. Hahahaha, why did the yellow haired boy get a sparrow? LOL.
I was surprised to see the crow talking, how crazy xD.
3. "My theory is that as Nezuko does not devour human flesh, he recovers energies by sleeping." That makes sense to me.
4. I would have preferred that Tanjiro's nichirin sword had become a color more in keeping with his water technique as a navy blue 😅.
5.And well, the first mission of Tanjiro is approaching. I'm kind of excited 😀
"Thanks for coming back alive."
May 10, 2019 6:10 PM

Oct 2008
So the Tanjirou first met the yellow dude, he's scaredy anxious, i wonder how would be the introduction of dual katana dude will be!?
Nezuko's hug to Tanjirou was very emotional!
Clown Mask dude was very goof person! (the one who delivered the new "kuro" katana of Tanjirou!)
5/5.

May 11, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
Welp, scarface is going to be forever pissed at Kanjiro because he got his sword.
May 12, 2019 5:48 AM

May 2015

leave loli girl alone.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 12, 2019 5:30 PM
May 2016
Tanjirou got his first sword! So awesome! I can't wait to see the badassery he unleashes later on in the series. XD
May 13, 2019 12:11 AM

May 2015
Another fucking Bakugo in this show. I really hate that archetype.
May 19, 2019 2:23 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Interesting how that huge demon had a backstory hiking in there, maybe all the demons have something like that, who knows. I anticipate that Tanjirou will make a demon friend at some point, and maybe only then he would learn more about if demons can revert back into being humans.
Really interesting how those demon slaying swords come from ore that absorbs the energy of the sun, much like how sea prism stone absorbs the energy of the sea (One Piece).
I'm seeing some Zangetsu potential here, Tanjirou's sword turning black is definitely alluring to something, and I'm sure that his mentor already knows about what's behind that, he probably couldn't let him know for some reason.
Already on his first assignment, I can't wait to see what comes of that sword.
Jun 6, 2019 2:11 AM

Mar 2019
Tanjiro's habit of asking the demons how to turn his sister back into a human is 10/10. Clever dialogue, reminds me of Katanagatari. Also a very nice family moment this ep. This Bakugo type character got me more curious what he's angry about. And random sparrow messenger bird heh.
Jun 7, 2019 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
Black is a cool color!
Jun 11, 2019 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
Genya roughed up the little girl a bit more in the manga.

Also first appearance of Haganezuka, hope this covers a few of his other appearances.
ReaperCreeperJun 11, 2019 8:08 PM
Jun 29, 2019 11:51 PM

Apr 2009
It seems some of them, probably the bigger ones retain some of their old memories after all or maybe that one is another special case too?

Tanjirou is too kind to be a Demon Hunter/Slayer, it was pointed out by Urokodaki before but to paraphrase Gandalf in LOTR, "the kindness of Tanjirou, may rule the fate of many." ^_^

I don't know what the black and red color of the Nichirin Swords means but I hope it will turn red too in the future, whatever that is!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 14, 2019 3:33 AM
Oct 2012
Loving this show so far. I'ts showing great promise. And i love the pacing, as for now at least...

Demon slayer>Goblin slayer. No questions ask'd
Jul 17, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2017
Disappointed with the Final Selection. It didn't feel like some hard test that not many can pass like it was supposed to I guess. We should have seen Tanjiro struggling more there. Even that demon that killed many of Urokodaki's disciples didn't feel like much of a challenge.

Rest was fine. I loved his reunion with Nezuko. Even Urokodaki cried.
Jul 25, 2019 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
Damn even that morped demon was once a kid, that's just sad. Also, of course it's Bakugo who's the violent yelling kid.
Jul 25, 2019 11:18 PM

May 2013
I was hoping Tanjiro was gonna pick that teeny tiny pebble LMAAAOOOOOO. Would've been hilarious hahaha
Aug 3, 2019 12:06 PM
Jun 2019
So Urokodaki knew about the morphed demon that killed his previous students. Yet he did not go there to eradicate that thing?

If there is an explanation for this at some point it had better be a thoroughly convincing one. So far that monster being left alive to claim the lives of so many is a plot hole that, until fixed, will completely cloud over the rest of this series for me.
Aug 8, 2019 7:26 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Quite a nice start to the episode, to show that demons also have a past like that, adds alot IMO, just than being rather mindless beasts.

The reunion was quite simple yet really well executed, got me all emotioned.
Also a black sword huh? Guess at some point it will also turn read otherwise there is no sense even bringing that up.
Aug 13, 2019 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
"So we have this one character who is just really angry all the time, who should we hire to voice him"

"Oh I know just the right man"

On another note, that reunion scene was so sweet, even though it was really short. Also this show has like, every top tier VA in it, and we're 5 episodes in wheeew.

More Pikachu boy too! He's cute can't wait till he becomes part of the main cast
Aug 22, 2019 12:57 AM

Mar 2014
Oh so the reason she slept for OVER 2 YEARS is because she overexerted her demon powers without eating any humans. Guess that explains why they show her sleeping so much in the OP and ED. I'm glad she's awake for now at least

I wasn't sure what to think of Tanjiro at first but after seeing how well he's shaped up as a demon slayer I'm really liking him a lot more.

Anywhere there's an aggressive angry character, there you'll find Bakugo's VA, lol. I like that Tanjiro didn't pull a Deku like how he looks and actually stood up for the girl and literally followed through with his threat.

Blonde kid got a sparrow instead of a crow, heheh. Doesn't really make any sense but it was a funny moment. And we got a little more information into the hierarchy of the Demon Slayer Corps and how they can function with so much anonymity
Aug 22, 2019 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
Only four made it to the end. All the rest, including that guy with "chicken chip-chip-chip" attitude, perished.

The reunion scene was really touching. Even Urokodaki cried.

Tanjiro finally became a demon slayer, got his katana and received first mission. The crow is dank. ;D

I'm wondering who is that 5th new demon slayer. I haven't seen him back at the mountain with four survivors.

That blacksmith who brought the katana was funny.
Sep 29, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
The action is not the only good part in this anime
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 29, 2019 3:00 PM

Oct 2018
DelusionalUzume said:
The action is not the only good part in this anime

True, IMO it's around #4, among the best things in the anime. There are so many other amazing things in it.
Sep 30, 2019 2:44 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that was awesome! I'm sure we'll be seeing that hotheaded guy in the near future tho!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 2, 2019 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
That guy didn't need to be so brute to that white haired girl :( Glad Tanjiro made him show some respect.

How precious! The reunion was so beautiful! Even master Urokodaki cried ;w;

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 10, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2018
It’s lit! His first assignment and the jet black katana! Awwwww yisssss
Oct 15, 2019 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
One trait I love about Tanjiro as a character is his ability to feel empathy for everyone without discrimination. This demon was literally disgusting with no outright redeeming qualities, yet Tanjiro could sense his pain, despair, and remorse, and literally prays for him.

MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Nov 15, 2019 9:49 AM

Nov 2017
So far, the second episode was by far the weirdest sudden tonal change in the series. This whole training arc is one of the best damn training arcs I ever watched.

Eps 3-5 were a heck ton of luxurious storytelling mixed with tremendous animation. HYPE IS REAL.

Like dang, that 3 eps was one of the best 3 eps of anime I've personally watched in a while.

It's still low grade shounen trash but it's a MASTERPIECE of low grade shounen trash, the greatest, the most luxurious, with the biggest chandeliers (reference to Trump Tower lolz).

And now we're going to get a second primary character in the sister who also fights and is his battle-companion? And the ghost children's souls were saved? And we have a perfect mix of drama and comedy? And the fights are perfect and badass?

Holy cripes, sign me the F UP.

*Signs on dotted line.
Nov 21, 2019 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
It's so amazing how much feelings Tanjirou can bring towards something like that demon. He felt all of his pain and even prayed for him. Just sad especially when that demon began to cry :(

So 4 of all these kids survived. That one boy was very harsh to one of these lolis but at least Tanjirou showed him the meaning of respect and almost broke his arm lol.

I found it quite interesting when they could choose the steel for their own Katana. And Tanjirous nose is never missing the right thing. One thing I found a little bit confusing. There were 4 people that survived, but that one guy in the scene afterwards was speaking about 5 people.

I absolutely loved the reunion of Tanjirou and Nezuko. When Urokodaki put his arms around them and began to cry, god damn I almost got teary.

I think Urokodaki is also relieved about the fact that this big demon died.

The scene with the sword smith was just to funny. Namikawa Daisuke did a perfect job :D
That Katana is looking beautiful and it's colour also seems to be rare.

So these crows can speak? That's something new, but with that Tanjirou got his first job as a demon slayer. Go and save the girls!

Dec 23, 2019 6:43 PM
Dec 2019
I’m loving this show so far, also the end of the episode brought me to tears
Dec 26, 2019 1:53 AM

Sep 2017
It was nice to see Nezuko again, even if her waking up after all those months was a little conveniently timed to match up with the end of Tanjirou's training
Dec 26, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
Definitely prefer Tanjiro with long hair lol, hope he grows out again at some point, and great seeing Nezuko back awake.

The sword turning black was cool but I wonder if they'll ever expand of what the meaning is behind what colours the sword can change into.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 9, 2020 7:35 AM
Feb 2018
his sword turned black i see. This series looks like a great one.
Feb 20, 2020 1:37 AM
Nov 2018
Tsarko said:
Disappointed with the Final Selection. It didn't feel like some hard test that not many can pass like it was supposed to I guess. We should have seen Tanjiro struggling more there. Even that demon that killed many of Urokodaki's disciples didn't feel like much of a challenge.

Rest was fine. I loved his reunion with Nezuko. Even Urokodaki cried.

Agreed. He breezed it.

Show is getting better with each episode. Seems to be hitting its pace
May 11, 2020 2:45 AM

Apr 2020
So, call me a filthy casual or whatever, but I'm so onboard the hype train for this show. I'll admit I thought the first episode was a bit wonky, but I like Tanjiro, I like where his "Hero's Journey" arc is starting from, I like how Nezuko's condition raises the personal stakes for his story and I've liked all the ancillary characters so far.

So, choo choo! Let's see where this train takes us.
May 13, 2020 8:15 AM
May 2020
bloody cried when they reunited. LOVED it tho
Jun 13, 2020 7:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its about time seeing Nezuko actually wake up from her long ass hibernation. Surely she couldn't say much, her mouth got a lockdown goddamned it!

Looks like the oni had more personality rather than i think before. Its somehow can be a truth bringing back Nezuko into a human again. Just, idk how. RIP the other kid that just getting killed by that ugly oni. Its truly 13 kids, i was shocked. RIP pretty Makomo, RIP Sabito, i am really sad....

The other kid that just survived really not much getting my satisfaction. Even that yellow hair boy really meh to me. Its my first impression after watching their shit face and interaction. So lets see how that new sword worked out to Tanjirou style. And lets see how the first mission begone....
badabassJun 13, 2020 7:59 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 16, 2020 8:13 AM
Jun 2020
Another good episode. Cant wait to get to know the other survivors. (is the angry guys voice actor also the voice actor of bakugo?? they sound the same)
Aug 27, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2016
Tanjiro was able to have a heartwarming reunion with Sakonji and Nezuko after having avenged his fellow disciples and he's finally become part of the Demon Slayer Corps and he's been given his first assignment the moment he got his hands on his new sword! I hope that we'll see if the swords' quality really does vary on the type of ore they've chosen in a significant way.

Zenitsu getting a sparrow instead of a crow was a big kek moment

Sep 16, 2020 2:39 AM

Jun 2020
that is...... A LOT of feels for one episode

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 19, 2020 9:20 AM

Mar 2010
Excellent episode It would have been clichi'd asf if the sword turned red so glad they kept it a bit surprising lolz. and man can't wait to see what this all leads to.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 1, 2021 7:11 AM

Jul 2015
Wholesome hug there with Tanjiro, Nezuko and old man Urokodaki. Despairful Zenitsu and also the goofy guy Haganezuka look like pretty fun characters. I kinda wonder who the supposed fifth guy passing the test is and what black colored sword means.

Jan 1, 2021 9:36 PM
Jan 2021
Currently watching this episode and the taking of the sword from the scabbard is so cool :P
Jan 4, 2021 9:32 AM

Apr 2020
And I think that ends the first (or whatever) arc of KnY. Tanjiro is now a Demon Slayer and is up for his first task in a particular northwestern town where young girls are suddenly disappearing.

I still can't believe that only FOUR (or it might be five) made it alive on the Final Selection, that must have been a bloody week for everybody.
Mar 10, 2021 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
edgelord spotted
gotta be honest, i am bit worried about the yellow guy, just hope he isnt too annoying
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.