Forum Settings
Forums
#1
May 3, 10:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 81
I wanted to know if there are any guys out there that have never or not very often gotten aroused by images or scenes in h/ecchi manga. Because I know people that e.g. claim to have been reading a manga like "Nozoki Ana" without becoming aroused. I don't believe that a male looks at exposed breasts and not feeling anything at all.
Plus, how much DOES it need to make you feel certain urges? Like, when you compare series in the style of "Ichigo 100%" with "Love Trouble Darkness" or,well,hentai.

Girls/Women are free to answer, too, even though I am more interested in the male pov. ^^°
 
#2
May 3, 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1740
I'm a straight woman so... this thing isn't targeted at me and it doesn't cater to my tastes at all. If I want "urges", smutty josei manga/LN/drama CD/fanfic is the way to go.

That being said being aroused at just seeing some boobs is a learnt response. Nudists do exist (and so do mixed saunas) and people can be around each other without every guy getting hard. What's hot is not the nudity itself but the sexual context it's shown in.
Modified by NthDegree, May 3, 11:49 AM
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani
 
#3
May 3, 5:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 823
i'm not a guy either and i don't read ecchi but i'm ngl sometimes when i read a really well-done hentai or just a manga with a scene
that's both sexy or tastefully done to my tastes then hell yeah i'm gonna feel some type of way LOL

and i mean the thing that i've learnt is that it really doesn't matter to me if a character is naked or if the language becomes dirty.
what matters is like if there's a certain subtly to it that flips my switches i guess. it really depends on the person since everyone has
a preferred type or genre when it comes to things like that. also facial expressions and scenario types are pretty important to me but
honestly it takes me like four hentais before i start feeling anything normally.


Grouper - Invisible

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:55

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻


→ ✉ 『 deliveries 』 ✉ ←
 
#4
May 3, 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 123
It depends, but I don't necessarily read ecchi manga because of the ecchi content, most of the time that's an accessory to the main draw of the series, whether that's action, or comedy, or story, or whatever. If I wanted to read porn I'd read porn. So a lot of the time I don't really react to ecchi content because that's not what I'm focusing on when I'm reading. I don't mind that it's there, but it doesn't grab my attention either.

H-manga is different for me, because I'm reading it for the h content, so of course I'm going to react. If it didn't do anything for me I wouldn't be reading it. No point in reading porn if you don't get into it, I'm certainly not into it for the story.

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
 
#5
May 3, 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 4256
Well, with ecchi manga that have great art like TLR or Yuragi-sou no Yuuna of course there's urges, but I like reading to admire the art and those series also have a lot of funny situations so they're enjoyable to read. Sometimes, I'll be too aroused though and have to take a "break" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

When reading H-manga/doujins, I'm solely looking for quality fap material and I don't care about the story.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who can read these without getting aroused, but I am not one of them.
 
#6
May 3, 5:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1828
Since I'm hetero I'd be a liar if I said that I feel no "ahem" urges.
Life Is Short But Intense.
 
#7
May 3, 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 360
Well, most of the time, I don't get arouse simply because looking at breast. As a fan of Borderline H myself, I am used to seeing manga characters' tit and to be honest, I don't think naked female character by itself could arouse me. Additionally, I am not a fan of shounen ecchi. What I find arousing in Borderline H or H is the scenario that puts characters in a hot situation instead of the character's body.

About Ichigo 100 and To Love Ru, I never try Ichigo 100, and I don't like To Love Ru. What I like is something where "things" actually happen, not just a constant tease from the author. What I like is something like Sundome Milky Way, Koibana Onsen, Pink de Pink and such.
 
#8
May 24, 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 34
Unless I am in the right headspace I am not particularly aroused by anime/manga, be it ecchi or straight H. I can read doujins for hours at a time (something I do because I have no life) without any major physical reaction.

ANIME
______________________________
MANGA
______________________________
MUSIC
______________________________


 
#9
May 24, 9:09 PM
ドリフト

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1414
i've read like only four in the past and yeah, i can. i don't really get turned on unless i'm reading one that has to do with a certain fetish ///
 
May 24, 9:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 266
I would say that the arousal has as much to do with choice as it does an automatic response. Additionally many things which are considered arousing are learned behavior not something which is innate. In large part Men in Victorian times found women's ankles arousing, not many men can say the same today.

In the context of anime I can think of one pretty good example. Elfen Lied has an enormous amount of nudity but at no time was I ever tempted to find it arousing because 1) I chose to not be aroused by the simple fact of nudity and 2) The way the nudity is portrayed is utterly non sexual.

Now if it were to show people banging then yes I would say you could argue arousal would likely occur regardless. Unless a person is asexual they would almost certainly exhibit a reflexive arousal response to images of sex. This applies to both men and women by the way so making that distinction is kind of unnecessary.
 
May 24, 9:47 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 46865
i read some uncensored hentai dojins sometimes (not so often) so ye i get boners too but i wish it was colored and its hard to find hentai manga or dojin that is colored
 
May 26, 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 941
Male, heterosexual.

RogertheShrubber said:

In the context of anime I can think of one pretty good example. Elfen Lied has an enormous amount of nudity but at no time was I ever tempted to find it arousing because 1) I chose to not be aroused by the simple fact of nudity and 2) The way the nudity is portrayed is utterly non sexual.

Now if it were to show people banging then yes I would say you could argue arousal would likely occur regardless. Unless a person is asexual they would almost certainly exhibit a reflexive arousal response to images of sex.


Good example with Elfen Lied. One of the main critique points ppl bring up for the show is how much pointless nudity it contains. Although the nudity never gets in the way of anything and its not much of an arousal factor. Sometimes the naked body is just used as aesthetical feature, which in Elfen Lied I would argue it is.

Your latter point I have to debunk. Looking at conventional sex bores me to tears. And I'm not asexual, non-binary or similar.

Ecchi rarely arouses me. For the same reason I don't get aroused seeing 'normal' intercourse. A nude body can be erotic, if in an erotic 'context', for example it's in an erotic pose. Non-nudes can be erotic if you put them into such contexts, e.g. licking an olive (female) or a banana (male).
It's not enough to simply take characters and have them do it to create a feeling of arousal. The background story is the most important factor. Even if the background story is just implicitly given by the characters' roles.

I wonder about the "arousal is learned" part. It's true that beauty standards affect what is considered attractive by conventional standard. And experience can definitely change taste over time. True for entertainment of all sorts, not just sex.

But from my experience it couldn't just be learned. Like many people, I am sure, arousal isn't just a matter of sexual orientation, but something you call a fetish, which is nothing more than a sexual preference. Just having a specific position that you prefer can be considered a fetish. But also bigger fantasies can be.

I have always had a fetish for hypnosis. That is, anything where a woman's mind either goes blank or where her mind is subdued. Hypnosis is a huge umbrella term of a fetish, with all kinds of sub-categories from variations in eyes and tools used to induce it, up to more sophisticated genre like having characters get corrupted. And it's not even a very uncommon one as I would later learn. Looking at a pretty girl by itself is still alluring to an extent. But it's not likely to start the engine.

I would be more likely to get aroused seeing a completely 'neutral' scene in a normal manga where a woman's eyes turn from sparkling and shining eyes to void and colorless, than I would be looking at 2 characters screwing around for whatever unknown reason.

And yes, there is a huge-ass pile of hentai in that specific direction. And there is barely any of it in terms of porn.
 
May 26, 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 266
Flevalt said:
Male, heterosexual.

RogertheShrubber said:

In the context of anime I can think of one pretty good example. Elfen Lied has an enormous amount of nudity but at no time was I ever tempted to find it arousing because 1) I chose to not be aroused by the simple fact of nudity and 2) The way the nudity is portrayed is utterly non sexual.

Now if it were to show people banging then yes I would say you could argue arousal would likely occur regardless. Unless a person is asexual they would almost certainly exhibit a reflexive arousal response to images of sex.


Good example with Elfen Lied. One of the main critique points ppl bring up for the show is how much pointless nudity it contains. Although the nudity never gets in the way of anything and its not much of an arousal factor. Sometimes the naked body is just used as aesthetical feature, which in Elfen Lied I would argue it is.

Your latter point I have to debunk. Looking at conventional sex bores me to tears. And I'm not asexual, non-binary or similar.

Ecchi rarely arouses me. For the same reason I don't get aroused seeing 'normal' intercourse. A nude body can be erotic, if in an erotic 'context', for example it's in an erotic pose. Non-nudes can be erotic if you put them into such contexts, e.g. licking an olive (female) or a banana (male).
It's not enough to simply take characters and have them do it to create a feeling of arousal. The background story is the most important factor. Even if the background story is just implicitly given by the characters' roles.

I wonder about the "arousal is learned" part. It's true that beauty standards affect what is considered attractive by conventional standard. And experience can definitely change taste over time. True for entertainment of all sorts, not just sex.

But from my experience it couldn't just be learned. Like many people, I am sure, arousal isn't just a matter of sexual orientation, but something you call a fetish, which is nothing more than a sexual preference. Just having a specific position that you prefer can be considered a fetish. But also bigger fantasies can be.

I have always had a fetish for hypnosis. That is, anything where a woman's mind either goes blank or where her mind is subdued. Hypnosis is a huge umbrella term of a fetish, with all kinds of sub-categories from variations in eyes and tools used to induce it, up to more sophisticated genre like having characters get corrupted. And it's not even a very uncommon one as I would later learn. Looking at a pretty girl by itself is still alluring to an extent. But it's not likely to start the engine.

I would be more likely to get aroused seeing a completely 'neutral' scene in a normal manga where a woman's eyes turn from sparkling and shining eyes to void and colorless, than I would be looking at 2 characters screwing around for whatever unknown reason.

And yes, there is a huge-ass pile of hentai in that specific direction. And there is barely any of it in terms of porn.


There are only two circumstances where one would feel no sexual arousal to images of sex 1) their orientation is not represented in the images or 2) they lack an arousal response altogether. (or possibly they are incapable of processing abstract visual information but that's getting too specific)

Fetishes are also learned behaviors, there can be a biological basis for them but they are still necessarily learned, furthermore a fetish is not a necessary component of arousal it is merely a complement to it. If you are incapable of an arousal response unless your "fetish" were portrayed then that would not be described as a fetish at all but rather as an orientation. An orientation is distinct from non-exclusively biological driven arousal responses (or fetishes) as they are preferences which are immutable and unlearned.

The fact that you find hypnosis more arousing than sex does not necessarily mean you do not find sex arousing, and since you are capable of an arousal response in general, unless you are incapable of arousal if your preference were not represented then you must necessarily experience arousal to some degree in the presence of images of sex (however you may not be aware of it). So ultimately it comes down to whether or not your orientation includes ordinary sexual activity or if it is exclusive to things like hypnosis.

Neurological studies of arousal response show this to be true. In most cases individuals are not consciously aware of their arousal responses but regardless nearly all participants in the presence of sexual images display increased blood flow to the genitals, a distinct increase in activity occurring in the amygdala as well as a marked increase in the productions of saratonin, norapenepherin etc.

What am I saying with all of this? I was admittedly making sweeping generalizations in my previous post since there are indeed people whom are not strictly asexual that which still do not experience arousal to images of sex (but notably most of these people still consider themselves asexual even if this is not strictly applicable) These individuals however are fairly uncommon meaning that my previous post is correct despite it not consider all individual experiences. It is indeed true that an individual which is not asexual will still almost certainly experience arousal in the presence of sexual images statistically speaking, this is experimentally verified.

 
May 27, 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 941
RogertheShrubber said:

...

What am I saying with all of this? I was admittedly making sweeping generalizations in my previous post since there are indeed people whom are not strictly asexual that which still do not experience arousal to images of sex (but notably most of these people still consider themselves asexual even if this is not strictly applicable) These individuals however are fairly uncommon meaning that my previous post is correct despite it not consider all individual experiences. It is indeed true that an individual which is not asexual will still almost certainly experience arousal in the presence of sexual images statistically speaking, this is experimentally verified.


People like to take a model, which has been studied and validated to some extent.
Yet I or anyone else can easily just create another model, validate it just as well and have it contradict, complement or otherwise shine light on the same subject.
All because a model does not map the entirety of the subject.
And neither do studies and samples.

So basically what I'm saying is, I respect your opinion, but fuck your studies. I don't buy any of it.

The more commitment you put into your statements, of which there is a lot, the less convincing it sounds. It sounds like your entire conviction on the subject comes from externalized knowledge of which you yourself have little to no first hand experience.

I'm sure fetishes can be learned, but much less so that this is true for every case.
 
May 27, 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 266
Flevalt said:
RogertheShrubber said:

...

What am I saying with all of this? I was admittedly making sweeping generalizations in my previous post since there are indeed people whom are not strictly asexual that which still do not experience arousal to images of sex (but notably most of these people still consider themselves asexual even if this is not strictly applicable) These individuals however are fairly uncommon meaning that my previous post is correct despite it not consider all individual experiences. It is indeed true that an individual which is not asexual will still almost certainly experience arousal in the presence of sexual images statistically speaking, this is experimentally verified.


People like to take a model, which has been studied and validated to some extent.
Yet I or anyone else can easily just create another model, validate it just as well and have it contradict, complement or otherwise shine light on the same subject.
All because a model does not map the entirety of the subject.
And neither do studies and samples.

So basically what I'm saying is, I respect your opinion, but fuck your studies. I don't buy any of it.

The more commitment you put into your statements, of which there is a lot, the less convincing it sounds. It sounds like your entire conviction on the subject comes from externalized knowledge of which you yourself have little to no first hand experience.

I'm sure fetishes can be learned, but much less so that this is true for every case.


I mean it sounds like your conviction is informed exclusively through anecdotal evidence.

"Yet I or anyone else can easily just create another model, validate it just as well and have it contradict, compliment or otherwise shine light on the same subject"

feel free to do this, no one is stopping you but until you or someone else does (spoiler they've tried) you have little ground to stand on. The model does map the entirety of the subject, not sure what you mean, my first post was oversimplified because I didn't think it was necessary to go into detail on an internet forum.
 
May 28, 3:35 AM
Review Moderator
Fervent Justice

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4901
I only have those urges if they convey an interesting plot or specific fetishes. Generic ecchi and hentai with gag boobs and the script of a pizza delivery porno are more of a turn-off than anything.
 
May 29, 5:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 36
What do you mean by "urges"?
 
May 29, 5:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 36
NthDegree said:
I'm a straight woman so... this thing isn't targeted at me and it doesn't cater to my tastes at all. If I want "urges", smutty josei manga/LN/drama CD/fanfic is the way to go.

That being said being aroused at just seeing some boobs is a learnt response. Nudists do exist (and so do mixed saunas) and people can be around each other without every guy getting hard. What's hot is not the nudity itself but the sexual context it's shown in.


the context is very important, for example in Junji Ito's manga there are naked tits but they are nothing exciting
 
May 29, 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 464
If it's not my kink then sure I could probably do it just fine. I read yaoi often and don't get any urges that often
 
May 29, 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 135
I mean, I used to get urges around when I first started but I've been exposed to so much of ecchi/h anime or manga that it doesn't have an effect on me anymore. The solution to resistance is exposure. After the 25th time, you really won't be affected the same as the 3rd time.

My original waifu was Rem, so my signature is a tribute to her. Thank you Rem, for being my first and longest Waifu. I hope you get Subaru one day.

Rem is my OG waifu.
Asuna was able to liberate me and allow me to like other waifus.
Zero Two was able to free me of the curse of liking an SAO character as a waifu
Sagiri awakened the degenerate in me.
 
May 29, 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 135
Rust_Cohle said:
NthDegree said:
I'm a straight woman so... this thing isn't targeted at me and it doesn't cater to my tastes at all. If I want "urges", smutty josei manga/LN/drama CD/fanfic is the way to go.

That being said being aroused at just seeing some boobs is a learnt response. Nudists do exist (and so do mixed saunas) and people can be around each other without every guy getting hard. What's hot is not the nudity itself but the sexual context it's shown in.


the context is very important, for example in Junji Ito's manga there are naked tits but they are nothing exciting


Isn't Junji Ito the same person who made the Enigma manga that's horrifying? I don't understand how you can both make horror and ecchi at the same time.

My original waifu was Rem, so my signature is a tribute to her. Thank you Rem, for being my first and longest Waifu. I hope you get Subaru one day.

Rem is my OG waifu.
Asuna was able to liberate me and allow me to like other waifus.
Zero Two was able to free me of the curse of liking an SAO character as a waifu
Sagiri awakened the degenerate in me.
 
May 29, 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 40
Oh yeah, hentai can really get to me if its drawn well enough. As other people have said, the context really helps too. Ecchi tends to make me cringe or sympathetically embarrassed much more often than it gets any kind of arousal from me, but again if the context is particularly…stimulating, then I’m bound to feel some kind of way about it, sure. It just doesn’t happen so often. I do often find that the quality of art is something that takes precedence over all, though. You can have an arousing idea and a stimulating context but if it looks like garbage then its going to have all the sex appeal of garbage too. Faces are something that rather famously increases how arousing any given panel is, for example (some artists have even become famous for the…uh, “faces” that they draw, of course). So, to answer the original question: yes I can read ecchi/hentai without getting "urges" if it isn't good enough to give me them.
 
May 30, 7:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 36
PokestarFan said:
Rust_Cohle said:


the context is very important, for example in Junji Ito's manga there are naked tits but they are nothing exciting


Isn't Junji Ito the same person who made the Enigma manga that's horrifying? I don't understand how you can both make horror and ecchi at the same time.



You mean the manga The Enigma of Amigara Fault? I do not know if you can call ecchi any image of tits, or semi-naked people when they only present a specific fact of the story without the intention of fanservice
 
May 30, 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 564
If a hentai doesn't give me urges then it must be a pretty crappy artist....

Most ecchi doesn't get me excited unless its really well drawn like in Triage X or Highschool of the Dead (Satou started out as a hentai artist, so its no suprise he is good at this, lol).
 
Jun 3, 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 111
I'm a female but no. Maybe I'm just that perverted but I'm easily turned on watching ecchi/hentai.

Uh well I guess I have to make an exception for those with specific turn-offs like menstrual blood and hentais with little to no foreplay.

Funny enough I got turned on from shows with more teasing & foreplay rather than straight on doing the do. That's why Seikon no Qwaser, HOTD, and Prison School urged me more than some hentais do.

The only thing better than revenge is Sate Padang. Google it.
 
Jun 3, 9:02 AM
Mou-chan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5176
If I'm reading/watching a series where I care more about the story and characters: I'm subconsciously aroused, but it more often than not doesn't turn into a JO sesh.

If I'm reading/watching a series where I'm intending to fire one or two off: Clearly I'm going to JO while watching/reading.

I'm I'm just bored: Then it can go either way.
 
Jun 3, 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1276
No. I'll get urges if the story is deep and gentle plot wise. Seing boobs and ass slapped straight off the bat is just a turn off.~
 
Jun 3, 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1087
If I'd like to get aroused, I'd read one-shots instead of long stories
 
Jun 7, 3:57 PM
a car

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 205
I try my darndest to not get urges unless the characters are legal adults, like me.

But the thing that arouses me the most are girls that have some kind of supernatural aspect to them. Something like No Game No Life or Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari which have cute girls that aren't humans.

I can imagine what it's like to hug someone like Kuroko from Murcielago (yeah I know she's not into men but I'm speaking hypothetically) because she's a human, and so she'll feel like a human. But someone like Jibril is a spiritual being. What does spirit... er... matter(?) feel like to touch? The inability to imagine what a sensation would feel like in our reality makes it more stimulating to me. I'm weird I guess.
 
Jun 22, 6:11 PM
美乃滋

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2668
i don't see a reason to read ecchi/hentai at all if it's not for the sex appeal
the only ecchi manga that i would read is prison school since the ecchiness actually acts as a catalyst of characterization/character development
 
Jun 23, 9:20 PM
Otaku

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 733
Read An Innocent Sin (webtoon) chicks were hot, wanted to JO but the story was so fucked up I just had to keep reading. Finished it, I know I'm not a fan of hardcore (porn) in manga/webtoons.
Can't read without poppin chubs but can read without a JO sesh.
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
I try my darndest to not get urges unless the characters are legal adults, like me.

But the thing that arouses me the most are girls that have some kind of supernatural aspect to them. Something like No Game No Life or Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari which have cute girls that aren't humans.

I can imagine what it's like to hug someone like Kuroko from Murcielago (yeah I know she's not into men but I'm speaking hypothetically) because she's a human, and so she'll feel like a human. But someone like Jibril is a spiritual being. What does spirit... er... matter(?) feel like to touch? The inability to imagine what a sensation would feel like in our reality makes it more stimulating to me. I'm weird I guess.
I never really thought about that, I really want to know what Jibril feels like now, also that bolded statement was the funniest shit I've read in a while.
Modified by PantsuSenseiUwU, Jun 23, 9:23 PM
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
 
Top