Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ao-chan Can’t Study!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, lol that imagination. Still not as fan servicy as the first two episodes but ok.

It seems they're still focusing a lot on Ao and Takumi's relationship as the core part of the story.
May 3, 2019 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
Now we know where the QQ stood for in Hotel ZQQ.

Anyway how much times has the term doutei been mentioned during this episode.
Aoi going on about it since the guy mentioned it while she is a virgin herself.
Seeing her cry like that was cute tho.
May 3, 2019 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
Well, that was resolved a bit too quickly, but I guess it is funnier to go with the whole "make fun of the virgin" routine. I am definitely more interested in getting Miyabi involved as the unwilling friend as there seems to be quite a bit of history between the two of them when we see those flashbacks near the end.
May 3, 2019 12:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Good think Miyabi's plan was foiled by the hotel's policy. Despite her words though its nice that Takumi went and tried to explain himself. It was quite amusing seeing Ao lord over him though. Jokes aside its sweet seeing the two of them start to realise the depth of their feelings and also of Ao's pace being affected by Takumi's honest answers. That last scene was hilarious considering Miyabi's attempt to affect Ao and Takumi's relationship. An excellent ep that seemed to have refocused the effort on to the relationship between Ao and Takumi rather than the previous scattered moments before.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah they kinda glossed over them fighting real quick with Ao passing out in the tub. She's book smart but shes not people smart lol. She knows Takumi is concerned. Which deep down she knows it's him genuinly caring but she's still so terrified of men thanks to her past. She really needs to get over it!!! HELP HER TAKUMI!

Jesus I love Ao but she irritates me sometimes. But it makes me like her more.

I mean I guess it's not a bad thing Takumi admitted to his first love he's a Virgin...even though that knowledge went straight to Ao's head lol.

Rival next week???

Shingster said:
Jokes aside its sweet seeing the two of them start to realise the depth of their feelings and also of Ao's pace being affected by Takumi's honest answers. That last scene was hilarious considering Miyabi's attempt to affect Ao and Takumi's relationship. An excellent ep that seemed to have refocused the effort on to the relationship between Ao and Takumi rather than the previous scattered moments before.

Agreed!
SoraSenpaiMay 3, 2019 12:16 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 3, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Miyabi plan didn't work out.

May 3, 2019 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
i have to give my thumb to ao's body, her ass and thighs are good. then that fantasy lul. takumi actually brought her out naked!
its so funny to see ao's attitude toward virgin takumi. that "teacher" scene ... is that a we cant study reference?
the friendship between miyabi and ao do puzze me a lot. i wanna know more about their past, but im interested on how miyabi really thinks about ao and takumi.
this episode gets a 5/5 from me.
May 3, 2019 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
Some faces in this episode were simply priceless xD

Takumi is indeed one of the rare "good" guys. I was solely interested in the comedy at first, but now I'm starting to get into the relationships of the characters as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2008
That dad of Horie is just excellent! He always cracks me up!
5/5.

May 3, 2019 4:06 PM

Dec 2014
Oh Ao-chan, why are you so adorable? <3

That bath scene, good lord. More from where that came from please. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kijima is a real nice guy, really liking him a lot. Hope he can win Ao-chan's heart, though I think he already has. :)
May 3, 2019 4:29 PM

Nov 2017
This was such a sweet and hilarious episode! I loved it so much! I like how Horie acted after Takumi told her he was a virgin.. yet she’s 100% a virgin herself too. So cute! That’s what I thought... and I was right!

plz @ me
May 3, 2019 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
So I am still waiting on that recipe for tiddy pudding. Ao's dad is the man. The smol but mighty man.
May 3, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2019
"Well you're avoiding her today, so I thought I'd help you out!"

Blonde guy is in the running for this season's best wingman, along with Grandpa from Fruits Basket
May 3, 2019 6:38 PM

Sep 2017
Lol that was quite the power trip Ao went on despite being a virgin herself. Looks like Miyabi might stick around in the story tho. That's kinda unexpected.
May 3, 2019 7:21 PM

Aug 2018
Quite ironic that she mocked him for being a virgin even if she exactly has the same experience lol

But she still looked quite cute when she admitted her lack of experience.
May 3, 2019 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
Ao can be so frustrating some times...eh she is a high school girl afterall
May 3, 2019 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
somethnig is wrong with Ao.... I am thankfulI do not have a father corrupting me like her
May 3, 2019 10:14 PM
Jan 2019
for some reason that reaction when you in some ones room i feel like i recognize that i wonder where
May 3, 2019 11:37 PM

May 2015
She has got to be one of the most difficult love interests out there, I swear 99% of all the issues in this show could be solved with them just talking.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
May 4, 2019 12:28 AM

Oct 2017
What a baka baka situation, feeling superior because she has knowledge but no experience. :3

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
May 4, 2019 3:23 AM

Dec 2017
Fucking love this show! Reminds me little of kaguya-sama, how it could all be solved with a short dialogue, but I can relate with Ao a little . Why is the score so low?
May 4, 2019 2:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Being virgin means nothing, this is why she didn't notice it for Kijima at first, but now she despises him
May 4, 2019 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I'm glad the issue with Miyabi was solved quicker than I expected.

Decent episode overall.
May 4, 2019 6:25 PM
Mar 2016
papsoshea said:
She's cute but Ao is also really annoying at times, this show takes misunderstanding to frustration levels that are astronomical lol and every issue can be easily solved if they just talk to each other for little more than a minute.

"easily solved if they just talk to each other for little more than a minute." Didn't they just do exactly that. literally.
And what the world you live in ? This solved quciker than almost all anime in gerenal. What more, even in reality it not even as easy as you say. This is frustration levels ? Really ? It solved thing right after the last episode end. Just take any of hunred romance anime out there and then look at this again. Hell, almost all live action romance tooo
May 4, 2019 8:14 PM

Jun 2015
lol hilarious how she's treating him lowly for being a virgin, as if she isn't one herself
May 5, 2019 3:05 AM

Feb 2017
now i can tell, this series is really fun to watch, but have a weird composition (series composition).

same as bokutachi benkyou dekinai, both are enjoyable but have a bad transition & solidity as an episode.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 5, 2019 7:32 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Dang, what’s this weird fixation on virgins? x))
But overall, the show is still fun (and awkward) to watch and I still can’t get enough of Kijima, he’s adorable.
May 7, 2019 7:04 PM
Apr 2016
hahaha this episode was rather entertaining, I found it really funny for some reason, unlike other episodes.
May 9, 2019 3:23 PM

Dec 2016
Solid episode, and at least Ao knows Kijima is a virgin at least lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 10, 2019 1:43 PM
Jan 2019
"I AM VIRGIN!" ..... hahaha, you have to have guts to say it with such force xD.
May 11, 2019 4:12 AM

Feb 2007
What a way to get someone to a hotel...

That narration by her father... :D

What a powerful declaration. He'll be an unstoppable force if he can keep this up until he's 30.
May 19, 2019 9:55 AM

Dec 2009
Fear the power of the kabedon.
XD

This is all pretty damn entertaining, and cute.

WolfDFireBreidi said:
"I AM VIRGIN!" ..... hahaha, you have to have guts to say it with such force xD.
Flashes me back to bunny girl senpai.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 21, 2019 12:28 AM
Mar 2016
papsoshea said:
[The situation reset, they still have misunderstandings. Do you know how this episode ended? She ran out on him, she, once again, misunderstood his true feelings and did her usual dere antics - this is all solved by genuine conversation. Are you blind? Are you retarded? Or both?

Never say this is great example to take note or anything. Still even in real life there is time like this and people let they ego speak. I don't see how this worse
Also yes, this solved thing between them. She believe what him said. thing between them go go back before the conflict. It solved... by conversation. No ?
what else misunderstood ?
In manga- anime it may even rare for you get thing this fast. It a lot better that what you probably get.
May 21, 2019 11:00 AM
Mar 2016
papsoshea said:
Heromo said:

Never say this is great example to take note or anything. Still even in real life there is time like this and people let they ego speak. I don't see how this worse
Also yes, this solved thing between them. She believe what him said. thing between them go go back before the conflict. It solved... by conversation. No ?
what else misunderstood ?
In manga- anime it may even rare for you get thing this fast. It a lot better that what you probably get.
Everything that happened after this episode (episode 6 and 7) proves my point - episode 7, the two still have misunderstandings which could be aired out if they just sat down and talked. Misunderstandings are part of the show.

Hey pal. That was new misunderstood. Which isn't involve in the old one, the one we talikng about already solved.
And why not she can't misunderstood ? she it with her own eye (the blonde chick try settle it on purpose too).

And again also it solved when she ask about it and he answer when they have time to met up. What is your problem again ?
May 21, 2019 6:37 PM
Mar 2016
papsoshea said:

I don't think you watched episode 7 or any episode properly, you have made that quite clear. Tell me, how did episode 7 end? It ended with both characters misunderstanding each other and Ao flipping out again - because of the misunderstanding. Edit: Jesus Christ dude, just stop - here is episode 5: http://prntscr.com/nrjl84 - and it is confirmed in the ending scene where she talks with that other girl - her perspective and Takumi's are completely different in that scenario but all of this simply gets fixed if both simply had a genuine conversation and talks things out. I made this clear the first time, but you keep going at it.

That... is what you talking about ? All this time ?
Dang, pal. This is romcom, man.
That for the most part is comedic. And in a way, show they get close despite misleading. Like, after it, they would still can get along and talking like before, no conflict or any fighting between them.

And the pic your show which is in this episode as you said. it pretty much same, not even misunderstood, he push her on wall is no misunderstood. And she not mental prepare for such a scene and run away
May 22, 2019 2:03 AM
Mar 2016
papsoshea said:
this is later confirmed in the last scene where she cries to her friend and tells her that she is glad that she did not take Takumi into that love hotel because "It's scary! Normies don't respect virginity! They'll have you up against a wall in no time!"

Oh... Well, i think i find the problem here. You seem like take thing too literally. and still thought the point is same as first episode.
As i said, the pic you show, in a way it it comedy. but on the progress, you can tell she know he serious care and love her. She also will open to him more and they pretty much hang out like casual thing between them.
It was just overreacting for comedy purpose. Just like the latest episode, she shock because he do something else. That totally comedic moment
And in the next episode, they would totally can talk and hangout just like normal. No real conflict or fighting between them.

Last word: The real misunderstood now is never about "he want to eat me". not anymore (she totally don't have problem accept him, At least by now ) The problem is: do he a player who would go out with other girl even he said love someone else or not ?
May 22, 2019 10:26 PM

Feb 2018
Even though he could have been a land crocodile at will.
May 23, 2019 12:19 AM
Mar 2016
The only problem here is your comprehension and English.[/quote]
That may 50% true.
I may not a English speaker. So was this anime
Jun 23, 2019 12:32 AM

Nov 2014
that "virginity" confession tho.... Ao feel superior toward Kijima now, while the actual thing they both are lowly virgin too haha

that kabedon tho...
Jul 21, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
Feeling sorry for Kijima, he got hit in his groins, never heard "i like you too" from Ao, and he is a virgin...

Feb 17, 2021 12:38 AM
Jan 2020
At least Kijma is safe, yknow. Ao is still confused, Kijima is also getting it wrong and everything is going south.
Apr 19, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm I still don't feel the chemistry between Ao and Kijima... so basically not a fan of the romance, the comedy is okay though.
Oct 8, 2023 1:26 AM

Oct 2022
The name of the hotel in the opening cracked me up , sounds like a place for savage animal sex😏
Nov 29, 2023 6:21 PM

Nov 2023
Welp, Miyabi's plan was thrown in the mud

More topics from this board

Poll: » Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

133 by Baffox »»
Feb 21, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

64 by wiox3m »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

97 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:24 PM

Poll: » Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 11 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 14, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:23 PM

Poll: » Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

34 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.