Forum Settings
Forums

Anime so good, you feel like there won't be anything like it again?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 11, 2019 5:55 AM
Jul 2015
HxH, the amount of thinking behind the fight scenes is just insane. The entire concept of nen creates so many different possible applications of it in a fight. Aside from that, there's frequently huge chunks of narrative to explain the thoughts and emotions of the characters, otherwise the general audience would be unlikely to truly appreciate the action. I won't believe any anime can ever be like this, especially when Togashi himself gave up trying to complete HxH.
May 11, 2019 6:00 AM

Sep 2008
Paranoia Agent. I haven't seen another anime that left an impact that this one did when it came to fear. Growing up watching this made me feel terrified of the dark and being alone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 8:21 PM

Jan 2016
Urusei Yatsura & Neon Genesis Evangelion are the only series that I’ve ever felt this way about.
โ–พ Check Out My Original Series โ–พ

โ–พ Check Out My Blog โ–พ
May 16, 2019 8:28 PM
Jan 2015
steins gate

fullmetal alchemist (for manga though )
the anime was good , but the author's storytelling at the manga made it even better
May 17, 2019 2:54 AM

Jan 2019
Nop. :p ex: Fate Series always the same lol
May 17, 2019 3:31 AM

May 2019
Hunter x Hunter. I've tried watching other title in the same sort of genres but nothing came close. Just like in reality, every action has a consequence. The forshadowing of events and how each arc bleeds into the next. The way the characters seem to move about the world as though they have their own will and exist independently of the plot. Everybody has their own motives and lives according to them. They show up in the places you'd expect them to be and don't act without purpose. It's entertaining and things happen in a logical way. The nen magic system is just incredible, too. No random power-ups with no consequences. Each character has a set of powers and a limit to its use so when they face somebody stronger they have to use their brains a lot more.
May 17, 2019 4:31 AM
Nov 2017
For manga, of course berserk is one of masterpiece. I still don't ger why nobody got inspired for making manga or light novel like it (Dark souls and Bloodborne got inspired by them, and look how amazing the game is). Well, maybe goblin slayer kinda have a thing with berserk, but for me, they just "try to be dark" in only few chapter. And it's not like that again. Also, people assuming that berserk greatest point is an art itself, and yeah, the art is fantastic, but for me, the character development is the one what makes berserk so good. It's like the most badass MC vs the most greatest ass hole villain.

For anime, steins gate and Mushishi is one of an anime that I will not find again. I mean, fullmetal alchemist is really good, but you can find any other similar thing with that. But, steins gate is kinda different. Well, of course there aee plently of show that has time travel in it, but what make steins gate good is how they craft the storytelling and the consistency in it. Like, when you already know the whole thing, you already watched all the episodes in steins gate, and then you rewatched it again, episode 1-12, which I'm sure everyone will think that's shitty episode when first watch it become really, really awesome.

For mushishi, I don't know what to say about it. It's really different with all anime that I ever watch, even though people think that Natsume is very similar with Mushishi, for me, it's really different. Mushishi is a masterpiece, and you will get it when you watch it over and over, because I feel empathy more and more everytime I watch Ginko just try to save people like a doctor.
May 17, 2019 4:48 AM

Feb 2018
Gintama and Clannad After Story, those hold a special place in my heart

for manga Onanie master kurosawa
May 17, 2019 4:54 AM
Aug 2018
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood... always.
I don’t think there is or will be an anime which can be as amazing as FMAB...
May 17, 2019 4:56 AM
Aug 2018
nameme said:
Gintama and Clannad After Story, those hold a special place in my heart

for manga Onanie master kurosawa

Ya even gintama... it’s just awesome ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
The anime itself is amazing and voice acting... OMG the best I’ve ever seen In an anime ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ
May 17, 2019 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
Hyper Police, because the things characters have to go through are far more relatable than anime so far. I would rather watch a sequel to Hyper Police than the next season of Boruto, Attack on Titan or Black Clover any day. Hyper Police makes shounen manga as of late look like Saturday morning cartoons.
May 17, 2019 1:39 PM
Jan 2015
I'm on the same boat as OP, there's really nothing out there like Monster.
May 17, 2019 5:15 PM
Oct 2017
Monster is a masterpiece but it isn't the only masterpiece out there, personally, I think back to Erin as a very special anime I watched a long time a go, I haven't found anything like it since and I probably won't find anything like it again, I think it's one of a very few anime that is based on a novel, much like shinsekai yori was. https://myanimelist.net/anime/5420/Kemono_no_Souja_Erin
May 22, 2019 6:07 PM
Jan 2019
Seven deadly sins and Your Name (Kimi no na wa) are animes I absolutely love and I keep having to watch them over and over again since there are no animes that are like them ( In terms of plot and overall goodness)
Makoto Shinkai is a mf genius
May 23, 2019 1:28 AM
May 2019
Yes i love anime. I I bought a T-shirt on the Princess Mononoke movie at https://ghibli-shop.com/princess-mononoke/shirts . I like it <3
May 23, 2019 1:35 AM

Jul 2013
Something like Beck is unlikely to be emulated imo. The series just has it's own kind of feel to it due to the animation, characters, plotline, themes and music. I've tried looking for something similar, and the closest I've found is probably Nana and Baby Steps, but even those don't feel that similar and I doubt anything in the future will.

โ•ฎ (. โ› แด— โ›.) โ•ญ

May 23, 2019 1:43 AM

Oct 2017
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru (Oregairu), I loved everything about it!
May 23, 2019 2:16 AM
Nov 2015
Zankyou no Terror! Death Note! <3 <3 Wish I could go back and watch them for the first time again
May 23, 2019 3:22 AM

Jul 2016
Monogatari series
3gatsu no lion
Clannad after story

Manga
Berserk
May 23, 2019 4:06 AM

Jun 2016
Everything I've given a 10 to, and probably even some 9's too:

- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop
- LotGH
- End of Evangelion
- Ping Pong the Animation
- Hajime no Ippo
- Gankutsuou
- Tatami Galaxy
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2019 4:11 AM

Apr 2017
Because my preference is into emotional aspects, Monogatari series requires a lot of thinking and White Album series was so clever. They involved the side characters into the story very well.
May 23, 2019 4:23 AM

Sep 2015
Macross, the original 1982 anime. A fantatic universe, awesome characters, the greatest love story ever told, glorious plot and almost perfect Mecha design

Cowboy Bebop is close, for different reasons, but imo nothing compares to Macross.
May 23, 2019 4:25 AM
Mar 2017
Steins;Gate Literally after years of trying to find a new best one there's seems to be nothing like Steins;Gate
May 23, 2019 5:10 AM

Oct 2018
Monogatari 2nd season.
To this day, i've seen no shows that have been able to fully replicate it. Even from other Monogatari sequels, nothing has been able to replicate the 2nd season
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 23, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2016
Nothing, every good anime/manga is unique and if there'd be anything like it that would miss the point.
May 24, 2019 3:55 PM
May 2018
Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko, both OVAs.

Calm and quiet setting, wonderful characters, stellar voice acting, OST...

I can never recommend them enough.
May 24, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2017
Hxh,even thoung I have re-watched thousands of times,I never get bored of it,but I get really bored on others animewho aren't original as this one
May 24, 2019 4:28 PM
Feb 2018
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, code geass, and 3-gatsu no lion
Those three anime made me so grateful that Japanese ever existed
May 24, 2019 5:40 PM

Jun 2015
This is probably a broken record but it's Hunter X Hunter on the shonen side and Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan on the Slice of Life/Comedy side.

Manga wise it's One Piece and Toriko.
Jun 24, 2019 12:58 PM

Sep 2015
There is no anime better than Great Teacher Onizuka.
Jun 24, 2019 1:13 PM
Mar 2018
Frankly for me, my top 6. Cowboy Bebop, Gunbuster, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kare Kano, & Cardcaptor Sakura. Are the ones that won't be replaced for me.
Because the fact that I have spent such a ridiculous amount of time thinking about these series, analyzing what I like about them, raving about their qualities, so on and so on. Those are the ones that won't be replaced for me.
Hell I've rewatched the final 3 episodes of Bebop like 10 times already when I only first watched it last year. And I'll watch various episodes of CCS any-day of the week if I'm bored enough.
Quite frankly these 6 series do a lot of things for me and offer what I want out of my entertainment and then some.
Jun 24, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2017
Clannad
Sora yori mo tooi Basho
Yamato 2199
Jun 24, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
Revolutionary Girl Utena, Cowboy Bebop, and Gurren Lagann all left me sad in that it made me feel like I have seen a masterpiece that I'll never get to see for the first time again. Although I'd imagine I'll find more anime I love considering I haven't seen that much anime.
Jun 24, 2019 1:54 PM

Oct 2015
Its hard to see anything topping Monster or Mushishi in their respective genres. Not in anime anyway.
Jun 24, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2018
Perfect blue is a movie so amazing and special when it comes to psychological horror, I don't think anyone but the legendary satoshi kon can create such an amazing film.
May his soul rest in peace.
Jun 25, 2019 10:00 PM
Jan 2019
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Jojo and Mob Psycho 100.
Jul 1, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2016
Let's see. In terms of the comedy and parody, i would say Gintama. In terms of drama+romance+high school baseball, i would say Cross Game. In terms of the tearjerking with just a simple story, I would say Flanders no Inu.

Jul 1, 2019 8:23 PM

Jul 2014
Hmmm, Clannad/Afterstory.
The Key/Visual Arts Anime adaptations really haven't been as good ever since.
Jul 4, 2019 5:53 AM

Dec 2016
Shingeki no Kyojin easily.
And the anime or the manga hasn't even ended.
Jul 4, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 2016
Princess Mononoke for me, my favourite anime movie, what an epic and beautiful story.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 5 hours ago

32 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
25 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

34 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

17 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.