Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 1, 2019 6:23 PM
Dec 2018
Lukesterry said:
Aniteku said:
apparently any new female character that is in good terms with naofumi is part of his harem. 1st was filo then melty and now fitoria i bet rishia, eclair, the queen and rishia will have the same treatment here. They sooo desperate to call this show harem like if was a tag for trash anime.
yes even though the naofumi does not show sexual attraction to them
neither does this girls
May 1, 2019 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty chill episode.
Fitoria was so cute, especially in that final scene!!!!

Damnnnnnnnnn the after ED scene! wowowo i bet it was "our friend" b***-sama....
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 1, 2019 6:32 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

So everything was a Fitoria's trial for test Filo, i am glad she did that alst awesome attack and broke Fitoria's shield, we saw how much loyal is Filo to Naofumi, and now she is the filolial queen's successor!

Was sad Fitoria dont remembering her pass, but from flashback, obvious it was the last Shield Hero who raised her|

And at the end the b**** strikes again, finaly Sword and Bow heroes have motives to oper their eyes!
May 1, 2019 6:42 PM

Sep 2018
It's an okay episode, though I feel that the anime is dragging things out too much over the past few episodes that we end up with more than necessary downtime. I really wished that the director looked at both the LN and manga, and combined the strongest aspects of both.

Few things that were left out in the anime was that the trial wasn't just a test for Filo's strength, but also Naofumi's worth as he's the one who raised her and Fitoria has seen past heroes fight against each other hence why she was very insistent that Naofumi reconciles with the other heroes.
VeryLTTPMay 1, 2019 6:49 PM
May 1, 2019 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
Filo becomes the chocobo queen and Naofumi agrees to reconcile with the other heroes. I didn't see that second one coming, but lets see how it works out... Considering the other heroes are straight up idiots, I wonder if they will turn against him or not.
May 1, 2019 6:57 PM

Sep 2017
Hooray for the harem I guess. Well the kill you thing was only half serious. The trail was kinda whatever. She was really just testing her ability and loyalty.

I gotta say I was looking forward to Naofumi meeting up with either sword dude or bow man to work some shit out, but I'm not so sure they are even alive right now. Let's be honest, I don't think this author would kill them off. Then he'd have to go and write in two new heroes. This is just conveniently timed so the heroes will realize the kingdom is a bunch of pricks right as Naofumi is gonna try to work things out.
May 1, 2019 7:10 PM

Jan 2008
Filo's new hair style is cute and all but this overall episode and her fight scenes are just plain boring. That goes to pretty much all these sub-plots. As much as people hate Malty, she and the desire for her demise really is the only thing keeping this show interesting.
May 1, 2019 7:22 PM
Aug 2018
Almost dropped.
The queen's logic is fucked up. Everything she said so far made no sense.
Filo's test was boring. Nothing happened. Except an ahoge, which seems to be a good reason for most of you to like the episode. Oh and this "sad" scene with fitoria, and the headpats...
?
I mean, did people like it ? Nobody gives a shit about her past right ? It was only supposed to be cute.
Oh and please I don't want another loli in the team. And yes I'm still calling it a team and not a harem because I want to believe. Please don't ruin this anime, it has a great potential.
May 1, 2019 7:37 PM

Dec 2016
M1511 said:
Oh and this "sad" scene with fitoria, and the headpats...
?
I mean, did people like it ? Nobody gives a shit about her past right ? It was only supposed to be cute.

Correct. Her whole character is a plot convenience because we needed someone to deliver exposition and create a new source of tension/development. And some backstory where a dude says "you are really nice" and then getting head pats is not character development.
May 1, 2019 7:48 PM
Aug 2018
SSL443 said:
M1511 said:
Oh and this "sad" scene with fitoria, and the headpats...
?

Correct. Her whole character is a plot convenience because we needed someone to deliver exposition and create a new source of tension/development. And some backstory where a dude says "you are really nice" and then getting head pats is not character development.

And people are happy. I mean, give them a cute loli with 3 ahoge, use the headpat interaction and they are happy.
Just look at these 4 pages "good episode, she was cute in the end". Wtf
May 1, 2019 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
God that ending was adorable. I can't imagine how long Fitoria has been alone for. She's seen some shit.

Some shit going down next week!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 1, 2019 8:40 PM
Mar 2017
Fitoria was serious about the fact that the heroes must be united, it seems she will do anything to force Naofumi to work with the other heroes, in this case she takes Melty as her prisoner, but even so Naofumi refuses and this time Fitoria clarify that she will have to assassinate the four current heroes for the good of the world. But Fitorio comes up with the idea of ​​challenging Firo and if the little girl wins, Fitoria will free Melty and she will not kill the four heroes.
Fitoria is so OP, Firo has a hard time fighting with the queen and Naofumi tries to slip away to save Melty, but to Fitoria nothing escapes her and she throws a strong attack on Naofumi. Fitoria is very hard with Firo and makes it clear that she will never be useful for Naofumi with how weak she is, but Naofumi calms Firo and Fitoria sees this and remembers a moment of her past with the shield hero that raised her.
Firo looks so cool when she finally can land a cut in Fitoria's face, she power up and land a fierce attack, crossing Fitoria's shield and so she accepts that she has been defeated.
As a reward for her victory, Firo has been recognized as the successor of Fitoria as queen of the filolial and Naofumi received one of the hairs of Fitoria and thus managed to unlock all the Filolial series.
Melty also receives a reward, in this case she asks to mount Fitoria in her giant filolial form and Melty look so happy and cute.
The group of Naofumi take a day of rest next to Fitoria and the other filolial, but Fitoria looks sad.
Fitoria asks Naofumi if he try to prove his innocence in front of the other heroes, but lets remember that Naofumi had against the majority of the kingdom of Melromark and the nobility, besides the church of the three heroes, so it is easy to understand that Naofumi did not try it because he knew it was impossible to prove his innocence in those circumstances, but finally Naofumi promises to Fitoria to try to clarify things with the other heroes.
Naofumi and Fitoria talk about the real battle who is coming and on what path he will take, besides Fitoria remembers another moment of her past when Naofumi tells her that she is good with him, the face of the Fitoria of the past looks so adorable and full of joy and her gaze looks softer. Fitoria asking to be spoiled moved me, Naofumi gives her a head pat and she looks so happy.
After the ending we see that Itsuki and Ren still investigate the church of the three heroes, but they arrive at a place with nothing and Itsuki realizes that they fell into a trap and a huge beam falls from the sky, generating a big explosion, I hope they survive, because now that we see that at last these two heroes opened their eyes, they will be necessary to fight against the real enemy and by the name of the next episode we will see the responsible who generated all the hatred towards Naofumi (although it seems obvious to me that it is the high priest of the church of the three heroes)
May 1, 2019 9:27 PM

Dec 2016
M1511 said:
And people are happy. I mean, give them a cute loli with 3 ahoge, use the headpat interaction and they are happy.
Just look at these 4 pages "good episode, she was cute in the end". Wtf

Sure, and I get why people would be happy about that.

What I don't get is how that translates into a 10/10 anime or one of the best isekai of recent years.
May 1, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2016
I really could care less for Fitoria's character. Not because she seems like harem material, she's just...boring? Like, Filo is hardly my favorite, but I still rate her above Fitoria on the scale of "useless lolis." I'm not among the group who sees her as a harem member, but I still think she was useless to the story nonetheless. Also, Filo vs Fito fight was probably the most bland and boring fight of the series thus far.

And as much as I've really enjoyed the series, the pacing these last two episodes was too slow. It's like they sped through the events of the first half, heard people complaining about how they left out too much stuff, and then slowed it down to the point I could fall asleep watching it. They could have condensed the last two episodes to one episode, and expanded more on the first couple episodes of the series to give Naofumi and Raphtalia more on screen development in their relationship.

I'm numb to the cliffhangers at this point, I just hope the next episode makes up for the Fitoria nonsense. I'm tired of giant chicken lolis...
Call me when Villains are Destined to Die gets an anime adaptation.
May 1, 2019 10:00 PM

Apr 2019
So Fitoria's threat is nothing but a farce, but why do I get this feeling that Fitoria is really serious on killing the 4 heroes if Filo fails the test.

The fight scene was just okay not like the previous episode which is spectacular, but overall still a great episode and it lived up to my expectations. Filo being the heir of the throne is really a great development for her. On the other hand there is Naofumi's development, he is willing to talk with the other heroes and clear his name.

I've seen many anime (some anime is reall not worth in my list) but this anime really stands out just because on how the story is executed.
May 1, 2019 10:51 PM

Aug 2012
FMmatron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
She blushed because Naofumi reminded her of the hero that raised her. Now what was between her and that hero is anyone's guess. That does not mean she has a thing for Naofumi.
About cliffhanger, how is it a cliffhanger? Just because of the little accident with the other heroes? Considering we are only at the beginning of the story you can safely assume all the heroes survived. So not a cliffhanger in my opinion.

He reminded her at him so that reaction implies it sparked something in her, furthermore it was a rather intimate moment in the light of the moon.

Then we have this

Thanks for that @Raizel :D

Of course this is feeding into the harem aspect of the series as well and showcases once again how charming Naofumi is when it comes to girls lolis

There's nothing wrong with that, but please stop trying to dismiss it, I wasn't even shitting on the series for that, I just find it amusing.

Regarding the cliffhanger. Other events were introduced and just when we reached the "climax" they abruptly ended the sequence. They didn't resolve the situation right there, but left us waiting for the next episode. Whether we can guess what happened there or not doesn't matter, the intention is clear.

Mattinator95 said:

When did blushing = instantly likes the person

Yeah exactly, when did blushing in cartoons become a sign for affection or to imply that someone is feeling attracted to another person ? 🤔

@Daniel_Naumov

Well, maybe if you would consider the mischivious laughter I added;)

And besides, you're aware that we speak about anime here, known for compressing emotions into simple signs and actions.

But hey, again you displayed your ability to assume the worst about others. That said, you shouldn't feel bad for the likes who enjoy their life.

@Reddmart

Sucks that I have to elaborate my points to this extent, but people on this site apparrently like to disagree for the sake of it or for reasons that are beyond me.

1. Considering some of us read a bit ahead of the source material we can tell you is no harem and you are over reacting. Also blushing is a sign of emotion not necessary attraction. And that image seems like a parent with a child not two lovers. The trope you refer has a guy resting on a girl's lap as a mother figure substitute so it does not apply.
2. Still did not explain how it is a cliff hanger? or next eps previews are all cliff hangers to you?
May 1, 2019 10:57 PM

Apr 2013
what a funny episode tho :/
May 1, 2019 11:00 PM

May 2014
I fail to see the purpose of this episode. I mean, aside from the last 6 minutes, nothing worthwhile happened. It was supposed to be a character development episode, but no one got that development. Naofumi just got his dick sucked by most of the cast as usual, Filo just got an ahoge, and I couldn't care less about the loli queen that I barely know and with no importance at all.... And what was that tone shift? After trying to create tension with that fight and serious claims about killing all Shield Hero team members and the rest of the heroes they just went like "ok, you pass the test" in a very bland way and the rest was just fun and happiness like nothing.

Filo has to be the worst character of this mess aside from the """villains""", just your typical innocent moe loli with such a plain personality that at her side Raphtalia seems like a good character, and at the end of this episode she didn't change at all. Fitoria didn't bring anything and is just forgettable as hell... But nothing of that matters because they are super cute, right? Best girls of the season! How deep and well-developed characters they are! :)
May 1, 2019 11:07 PM

Aug 2012
aqexpredator said:
Alright, so if Loli Queen here is so powerful, where has she been during the waves? She seems to care a lot about saving the world, but tells Naofumi that he HAS to reconcile with the others and do all the work. Did I miss the part where she explains why she isn't assisting with her power, because it seems incredibly self-centered. The show is really trying to force character development compared to the start, where it was very natural. I've felt since shortly after the fight against the Spear Hero that something hasn't been right and I think this is it.. Also Melty is once again a hinderance, Aqua has a competitor for most useless girl.

Can't wait to see what ridiculous antics they pull to allow Naofumi to prove his innocence to the other heroes. Also can't wait for obvious "the Church is evil because they're evil" reveal that's coming up.

I'm enjoying this show less and less. Hope they actually manage to subvert my expectations, because I'm losing interest.
She was fighting the other waves. Is explained in the previous ep.
billybub said:
SSL443 said:

Creative bankruptcy.

Literally nothing in that episode made any sense whatsoever. Talk about all over the damn place.
what did not make any sense?
Janethan23 said:
I think the party accompanying the Sword and Bow hero are dead and would end up as a pair resulting in the eventual teamup with Shield hero. Thank the star of the show Isn't she the most misunderstood and loveable character in anime history 😁😁😁
May 1, 2019 11:09 PM

May 2015
Ok...I understand Chocobo Queen here being pissed at the four heroes not cooperating with each other...but you do not interrupt dinner time!

Why human form? I was expecting a cockfight!

Nothing like the power of moral support to give you that extra push to victory!

Lol, so the status of a filolial is determined by the number of cowlicks on their head! Ahoge power!

Melty wanted to ride the Chocobo Queen!

Pet the Fitoria!

The heroes will not stand a chance against the upcoming waves if they do not cooperate. It's going to be really hard for Captain Japan to assemble the other heroes given their perceptions of him.

Bow and Sword Hero looked like they were about to get their hands on some legendary weapons...But they got NUKED! Welp, we won't be seeing them walking about for the rest of the season.

May 1, 2019 11:18 PM

Aug 2012
CodeDoubleSeven said:
So Fitoria's threat is nothing but a farce, but why do I get this feeling that Fitoria is really serious on killing the 4 heroes if Filo fails the test.

The fight scene was just okay not like the previous episode which is spectacular, but overall still a great episode and it lived up to my expectations. Filo being the heir of the throne is really a great development for her. On the other hand there is Naofumi's development, he is willing to talk with the other heroes and clear his name.

I've seen many anime (some anime is reall not worth in my list) but this anime really stands out just because on how the story is executed.
It was not a farce. She just gave Naofumi more time to patch things up with the other heroes because Firo passed her test. She was serious about killing them. But this was worst case scenario. She never intended to do it without leaving the heroes some time to respond to the threat.
May 2, 2019 12:01 AM
Dec 2018
Thanks to this episode i just now notice that old heroes choose the bad ending route the "save the world" part, ive always wonder what happen to them, did they return to they world? Or did they do something like offer they life so the world would survive and reseted the waves ? Really interested to find this out. So saving the people would be the "true ending" route and seams to be extremely hard.

After rewatching this ep i can only find 2 things that border me a little was all the scene cuts to show the others reactions it was a little to much, and other would be the start of the ep where they all eat breakfast like they just ignored fitoria threat.

I still think was a great episode overall, hoping to see good fight animation for the next 2 episodes specialy "judgment" and "blood sacrifice"
May 2, 2019 12:08 AM

Dec 2016
papsoshea said:
"NeXT ePiSoDe wiLL eXpLAiN 3veRYtHiNG!!!" and with every new episode, it gets worse!

The explanations have just turned out to be more asspull. I assume that Fitoria's character was supposed to be a big "explanation" because her dialogue is 90% exposition dump. Problem is her character just popped up out of nowhere, super convenient, oh and look she is triple-ahoge loli waifu bait as well. I fully expect that her character will be killed off, for maximum feelz.
May 2, 2019 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
Even as a plot device Fitoria makes for a better character than Firo. I didn't pay much attention in the manga, but series sure would be improved greatly if she replaced that retard. Even when a Godzilla sized fantasy hen is a fucking awful idea.

I guess the final battle with the usual bullshit anime trope will be the season's climax. Wonder if they will continue this series seeing as it already long entered the downward spiral and it can only get worse as far as I remember the manga.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 2, 2019 1:52 AM
Apr 2016
Looks like they were killed before the wave got to them. Poor heroes!
May 2, 2019 1:54 AM

Jul 2014
Well, at least we know what's going on now, but Fitoria copping out on her threat makes that whole plot point kinda worthless, even more so considering how lame her fight with Filo was to reach this outcome.
May 2, 2019 3:21 AM

Jun 2013
I wish Fitoria and Filo stayed in their chicken forms all the time because they're so fucking adorable and fluffy. I'm not a big fan of their human forms but I like Fitoria's human form more than Filo's.

Melty was cute wanting to ride Fitoria in fatass chocobo form.

I'm guessing either all, some or none of them died in that explosion in the after credits scene.
臭い-
May 2, 2019 3:51 AM

Jun 2017
I liked this for about 12 episodes. But I think this is going downhill ever since the Glass fight. It feels like the storyteller is unnecessarily withholding information from us just so that they can prolong the story.

In the first episode, only Naofumi asks questions and other three just go with the flow since they have played a similiar game beforehand. While that makes sense, why has Naofumi stopped asking questions? There are so many instances where he should have asked some questions-
1. Glass paused several times in the middle of the fight to talk. Anyone would ask her background or why she is fighting them when she says things like "we will emerge victorious". Yet Naofumi stays silent the whole time.
2. The filolial queen can jam his rage shield, says that he shouldn't rely on that power. So she should know something about it. But he never asks anything about it to her.
3. He doesn't seem to ask anyone about the history of the previous heroes and why that history resulted in everyone looking down on him. He could have asked the blacksmith, slave trader or other merchants that were affiliated with him.

Even if you can ignore the withholding of information, there is still many other inconsistencies.
Why did the queen not send someone who is more competent to convince the king? She seems to think that it is a way of training Melty. But why take the risk when dealing with such a significant matter? She could have ordered the king to treat shield hero properly especially when she has higher authority than the king . Orders need not be delivered in person after all.
Why no soldier obeys Melty when she has higher authority than Malty?
That shadow guardian of Melty never appears when she is actually needed.
Naofumi seemed upset only when he hurt Raphtalia while using the rage shield. He doesn't seem to think about the consequences of using it any further.

I hope this arc ends fast and we get to see something more interesting.
May 2, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2016
This is getting predictable. Hope the story doesn't lose any more of its quality cuz I want to enjoy this.
May 2, 2019 4:32 AM
Mar 2019
PPcooler said:
Looks like they were killed before the wave got to them. Poor heroes!
yes, but it would be more painful if the hero who raised fitoria was not killed but returned to his native world, I hope naofumi does not leave Raphtalia and Filo
May 2, 2019 4:49 AM
Mar 2019
[quote=nightcrawlercyp]
FMmatron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
She blushed because Naofumi reminded her of the hero that raised her. Now what was between her and that hero is anyone's guess. That does not mean she has a thing for Naofumi.
About cliffhanger, how is it a cliffhanger? Just because of the little accident with the other heroes? Considering we are only at the beginning of the story you can safely assume all the heroes survived. So not a cliffhanger in my opinion.

He reminded her at him so that reaction implies it sparked something in her, furthermore it was a rather intimate moment in the light of the moon.

Then we have this

Of course this is feeding into the harem aspect of the series as well and showcases once again how charming Naofumi is when it comes to girls lolis

There's nothing wrong with that, but please stop trying to dismiss it, I wasn't even shitting on the series for that, I just find it amusing.

Regarding the cliffhanger. Other events were introduced and just when we reached the "climax" they abruptly ended the sequence. They didn't resolve the situation right there, but left us waiting for the next episode. Whether we can guess what happened there or not doesn't matter, the intention is clear.

Mattinator95 said:

When did blushing = instantly likes the person

Yeah exactly, when did blushing in cartoons become a sign for affection or to imply that someone is feeling attracted to another person ? 🤔

@Daniel_Naumov

And besides, you're aware that we speak about anime here, known for compressing emotions into simple signs and actions.

But hey, again you displayed your ability to assume the worst about others. That said, you shouldn't feel bad for the likes who enjoy their life.

@Reddmart

Sucks that I have to elaborate my points to this extent, but people on this site apparrently like to disagree for the sake of it or for reasons that are beyond me.

I think blushing is not a sign of love or love for a lover, but rather a relationship of child affection to their parents, before the Fitoria saw at a glance that the hero who raised him used to say the same words with naofumi, and in my opinion only Raphtalia had a feeling love as a lover to naofumi
May 2, 2019 4:54 AM

Nov 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
FMmatron said:

Then we have this

@Daniel_Naumov

@Reddmart

1. Considering some of us read a bit ahead of the source material we can tell you is no harem and you are over reacting. Also blushing is a sign of emotion not necessary attraction. And that image seems like a parent with a child not two lovers. The trope you refer has a guy resting on a girl's lap as a mother figure substitute so it does not apply.
2. Still did not explain how it is a cliff hanger? or next eps previews are all cliff hangers to you?

There are plenty of COUPLE lap pillow scenes, not saying this is exactly the case here, but you get the gist. It's all about context. For example, a father kissing his daughter on the cheek or a guy kissing the girl he has a crush on in the same way, they have obviously different meanings. I'm not disregarding Fitoria's emotions and past here. However, Naofumis portrayal so far is making this scene questionable. And I don't think anyone here thinks it's a full-fledged harem, but it borrows some elements, many enough to call it at least harem-esque.

This isn't bad per se and I wasn't criticizing this series for it, yet it appears that some fans deem it autmatically as a label for trash and they don't like when their beloved anime is associated with the negative stigma which is applied to the term harem.

And what? I literally explained why it is a cliffhanger 😂 Has cliffhanger become a term you don't want to deal with too? It wasn't a preview btw, previews are usually narrated, contain random parts of the next episode or are accompanied by the theme song.

I'm a patient guy, but I don't think I will continue to argue with someone who's stuck in a mental loop.

@Lukesterry

Same goes for you, read my posts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
Saving the world or saving the people? Obviously, I would choose the latter, but but Fitoria describes that route as one filled with many thorns. I would guess that the previous heroes chose the former option, but in order to get a better ending, the latter option must be chosen.

Fitoria's main objective here was to test out Filo's skills in a one-on-one fight. Thankfully, after showcasing a lot of determination and some very well chosen words of encouragement from Naofumi, Filo was able to unleash a rather impressive attack that broke Fitoria's shield and she got scratched on her cheek. Sure, Filo was simply out of energy after that, but she won the trial and was rewarded with a crown, confirming that she will be the next Filoial queen.

Not only that, but she grew a very adorable cowlick, much to Filo's displeasure! =3

Fitoria did go a bit on the extreme side with her trial as well as her hostile personality so far, but she dod show some excellent hospitality to the others and started to smile a lot more often, which was nice.

However, her private talk to Naofumi, again, still showed that she would commit to her threat of killing the four cardinal heroes if things between them aren't patched up, but only when the time is right. While I still doubt that'll happen and would just play into Glass's hands, Fitoria still trusts Naofumi more than the other heroes and would only take her threat as a last resort, so she really means it when she wants Naofumi to talks things out with the other heroes.

Naofumi was thinking the same though as I did when he asked Fitoria if she was raised by the shield hero of the past. She didn't say yes, but going by her happy memories, I think the answer to that question is obvious, wouldn't you say? =P

The only main problem with her wish would be Myne, since she still has Motoyasu under her heel. But another problem was shown in the after-credits scene with Rin & Itsuki still doing their investigation into the Three Heroes Church. It was at the cavern where their party got, simply put, nuked from the sky.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Rin & Itsuki are alive, but I do expect their party to be critically hurt. If this attack was from Myne or someone affiliated to the church, then they would go as far as to attempt to kill the other heroes in order for their disgusting truth from being discovered. Scumbags.....
May 2, 2019 5:16 AM

Aug 2012
FMmatron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

There are plenty of COUPLE lap pillow scenes, not saying this is exactly the case here, but you get the gist. It's all about context. For example, a father kissing his daughter on the cheek or a guy kissing the girl he has a crush on in the same way, they have obviously different meanings. I'm not disregarding Fitoria's emotions and past here. However, Naofumis portrayal so far is making this scene questionable. And I don't think anyone here thinks it's a full-fledged harem, but it borrows some elements, many enough to call it at least harem-esque.

This isn't bad per se and I wasn't criticizing this series for it, yet it appears that some fans deem it autmatically as a label for trash and they don't like when their beloved anime is associated with the negative stigma which is applied to the term harem.

And what? I literally explained why it is a cliffhanger 😂 Has cliffhanger become a term you don't want to deal with too? It wasn't a preview btw, previews are usually narrated, contain random parts of the next episode or are accompanied by the theme song.

I'm a patient guy, but I don't think I will continue to argue with someone who's stuck in a mental loop.

@Lukesterry

1.please provide lap pillow scene with the girl in the lap of the guy seen as romantical. Never seen this in any anime. Is always the guy in the lap of the girl.
2. The issue with Fitoria is resolved. Next ep will start a new arc. A preview is not a cliffhanger. No you did not explain. You said something vague that things are started and left unresolved. Which things exactly were started and left unresolved?

It is not mental loop is you avoiding to answer the direct question.
May 2, 2019 5:39 AM
Apr 2014
Felt like a filler tbh, if it wasn't for that explosion by the end, or Naofumi unlocking some new skills.
May 2, 2019 5:51 AM

Feb 2018
After a few last episodes we've got a slightly better one.

Of course we've got some cliches e.g. winning the fight through the power of Filo's will, but it's still better, than the last few eps.
Also, why is Fitoria interested in the conflict, but not in what caused it? After summoning the new heroes it would happen once again.

And after the ending scene I'm finally interested in what happens next, nice, most likely it's gonna be just Malty and the king being evil, but I'm looking forward to see what happens to Sword and Bow and how it's going to affect the story nonetheless.
May 2, 2019 6:01 AM

Sep 2016
Something intrigued me, the king said that the heroes cannot work together as that would inhibit their growth but Fitoria said it would instead be essential to be working together. Is this just one of the king's way of trying to fuck everybody up?
May 2, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
FMmatron said:

@Lukesterry

1.please provide lap pillow scene with the girl in the lap of the guy seen as romantical. Never seen this in any anime. Is always the guy in the lap of the girl.
2. The issue with Fitoria is resolved. Next ep will start a new arc. A preview is not a cliffhanger. No you did not explain. You said something vague that things are started and left unresolved. Which things exactly were started and left unresolved?

Usually it's the girl who offers the lap, but that's due to anatomical reasons, but it would look damn weird if Naofumi would've been the one resting xD

Yeah, the situation with Fitoria was resolved. The ending song was shown. Then post ending we entered a new scene. The other heroes entered a cave and were most likely lured into a trap. What's the point of picking up this scene at the very end of an episode and leave us hanging just after an explosion? Cliffhanger 101. I dunno why I had to write it down again more detailed, I mean, we both have seen the episode, so based on my earlier post you should've been able to come to the conclusion yourself without having me to spoonfeed you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
FMmatron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Usually it's the girl who offers the lap, but that's due to anatomical reasons, but it would look damn weird if Naofumi would've been the one resting xD

Yeah, the situation with Fitoria was resolved. The ending song was shown. Then post ending we entered a new scene. The other heroes entered a cave and were most likely lured into a trap. What's the point of picking up this scene at the very end of an episode and leave us hanging just after an explosion? Cliffhanger 101. I dunno why I had to write it down again more detailed, I mean, we both have seen the episode, so based on my earlier post you should've been able to come to the conclusion yourself without having me to spoonfeed you.
1. so you cannot provide one example but you will not admit you are wrong... Also do you think Naofumi does not need rest? Why would it be weird?
The whole point of the gesture is the man trusting the woman not to take advantage or make fun of an emotional moment as men are expected to be stoic. That does not really work switching genders.
2.The post ending is a preview of the next ep. I do not consider it part of the episode thus no cliffhanger. Most shows the have preview of next ep at the end of current ep could be considered by your standards cliffhangers as they are meant to entice you into watching next ep.

As a final note is a bit sad you are too stuborn to be reasoned with.
May 2, 2019 8:25 AM
Dec 2010
Janethan23 said:
I think the party accompanying the Sword and Bow hero are dead and would end up as a pair resulting in the eventual teamup with Shield hero. Thank the star of the show Isn't she the most misunderstood and loveable character in anime history 😁😁😁

i think if they still alive, they will think that naofumi is the one who made that trap because he is the one who led them to that library, i think the situation will get worse between them.
May 2, 2019 8:29 AM
Apr 2016
damn, another boring and cringe episode...
The story didn t progressed even by an inch

the whole episode could have lasted only 5 minutes without all the unecessary drama
May 2, 2019 8:41 AM

Aug 2018
Excellent episode with a lot of emotion. Looks like the other heroes just got nuked. Lol
May 2, 2019 8:53 AM

Jul 2016
One of the best episodes so far.
Also, Fitoria is officially my favorite character in this series!
May 2, 2019 10:23 AM
Jan 2016
If we would to cut the padding in every episode I would guarantee you this will be a 12 episode season
Yourmom53May 2, 2019 10:30 AM
May 2, 2019 11:05 AM

Aug 2017
Filo vs Fitoria was great. It seems that Naofumi is going to reconcile with the rest.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
I thought Fitoria was the ultimate bitch queen but now she's regained my respect lol.
May 2, 2019 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
Will the show ever focus again on the hate of the character towards the royal family, or this is gonna be a loli harem bait for the rest of the episodes?
May 2, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2018
thiago52192 said:
Will the show ever focus again on the hate of the character towards the royal family, or this is gonna be a loli harem bait for the rest of the episodes?

Fitoria is about to drop Naofumi off to the nearest hero next episode.
May 2, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
most people who go to every episode thread and write that it's harem bait have probably never seen a harem.

A blush doesn't equal = I want to have this dudes kid
May 2, 2019 2:06 PM
Dec 2018
VeryLTTP said:
thiago52192 said:

Fitoria is about to drop Naofumi off to the nearest hero next episode.
and guess whos going to be...
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2019

300 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.