Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2019 5:26 AM
Jul 2017
I just finished watching the anime and I really enjoyed it so I think I will probably buy the manga. I read on some amazon reviews and reddit that the translation is not well done though and that the fan translation is much better. What do you guys think of it? Is it worth buying the original english manga?
May 1, 2019 10:31 AM

Jun 2017
For supporting the author absolutely yes, other than that no and if you hardly want that official translation you can use torrent
May 1, 2019 7:00 PM
Jul 2017
Since it received critiques starting from the first volume about the translation, did they fix it? Does it get better with the next volumes? If it's just the first volumes to be badly translated I wouldn't mind it, as long as it gets better because I would really like to read the physical manga and still be able to enjoy it.
May 1, 2019 7:30 PM

Jun 2017
As long as I know, there's no fixes until now.
I don't know if it's get better translation or not in next volumes but there are still some bad translation errors even in recent volumes like in chapter 70 Kaguya saying "I'm not a pervert" but it translated completely the opposite that "I am a perv" and still Kaguya calls the president as "Shirogane" and not "president"...

But I didn't care much about official translations so it's better to ask other people.
May 1, 2019 9:21 PM

May 2015
I'd highly recommend reading the scans, and then buying the volumes if you really want to support the author/industry. The fan translation is one of the best I've ever seen. You can tell that the team behind it cares about the story and what they're doing. It's also very consistent and I honestly can't remember many grammatical or naming errors.

May 1, 2019 11:51 PM
Jul 2017
mhkr said:
As long as I know, there's no fixes until now.
I don't know if it's get better translation or not in next volumes but there are still some bad translation errors even in recent volumes like in chapter 70 Kaguya saying "I'm not a pervert" but it translated completely the opposite that "I am a perv" and still Kaguya calls the president as "Shirogane" and not "president"...

But I didn't care much about official translations so it's better to ask other people.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad to the point they actually translated the opposite lol.

TsukuyomiREKT said:
I'd highly recommend reading the scans, and then buying the volumes if you really want to support the author/industry. The fan translation is one of the best I've ever seen. You can tell that the team behind it cares about the story and what they're doing. It's also very consistent and I honestly can't remember many grammatical or naming errors.

I honestly don't like reading the scans much but I guess I don't have much choice at this point ahah

Well thank you all guys for your answers!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 223 Discussion

NakolHira - Apr 5, 2021

47 by thicdicdaddy27 »»
Apr 19, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 281 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lezet - Oct 29, 2022

251 by SrRoses »»
Mar 4, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

16 by MeyerDitt »»
Feb 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.