Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2019 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
What do you think of this belief? I think it's bullshit. The only reason why so many white rappers are compared to Eminem, is because they:

1) Are white
2) Have a deep voice (instead of the common high-pitched nasal voice in today's rap)
3) Sound agressive

DMX and Ice Cube are both black, have a deep voice, and always sound angry. Why does nobody ever compare them?

This especially pisses me off, because recently, a friend of mine who listened to my song on SoundCloud (Chiyo Chapter 1) said I sound like Eminem. How do I sound like Eminem??
Apr 30, 2019 8:11 PM

Mar 2018
Eminem is white??
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
May 1, 2019 1:17 AM

Apr 2012
you sound nothing like eminem
does your friend actually have ears

eminem has a pretty distinct voice , though i am not a big fan of his voice
zzzeallyMay 1, 2019 1:21 AM

May 1, 2019 2:08 AM

Jun 2016
They're completely right. Eminem, MGK, Logic, Vanilla Ice, The Beastie Boys, Aesop Rock, Tom MacDonald, John Cena, Michael Jackson, Kanye West and Lil Dicky all sounds the exact same. I bet all of them could cover Rap God and I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. It just comes with the colour bro :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2019 3:40 AM

Jan 2017
Depends on the song, his voice in some of his older stuff sounds pretty unique.

And then you have guys like Zack Hemesey, he may sound as black as it gets but he's actually white

May 1, 2019 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
the only other white rappers i can think of at the moment are the Beastie Boys and they do sound like Eminem having the same high pitch voice

but that does not mean that every white rapper sounds like that

EDIT:

i just remember another high pitch white rapper the Cypress Hill

so maybe the stereotype was formed due to popular white rappers like them having high pitch voices
degMay 1, 2019 4:27 AM
May 1, 2019 6:34 AM

Mar 2017
Dude you don't even sound like you're rapping. put more damn emotion into it and get better sound quality. You sound like you're preaching instead of rapping lmfao.
May 18, 2019 12:12 AM

Feb 2016
HopefulNihilist said:
What do you think of this belief? I think it's bullshit. The only reason why so many white rappers are compared to Eminem, is because they:

1) Are white
2) Have a deep voice (instead of the common high-pitched nasal voice in today's rap)
3) Sound agressive

DMX and Ice Cube are both black, have a deep voice, and always sound angry. Why does nobody ever compare them?

This especially pisses me off, because recently, a friend of mine who listened to my song on SoundCloud (Chiyo Chapter 1) said I sound like Eminem. How do I sound like Eminem??

1.I don't believe that.
2. You need to de-friend that person right away.

No one compares DMX and Ice Cube because they can differentiate between the two. Those are two rappers I don't think sound a like at all. DMX has a raspier voice. The only person that comes to mind that sounds a LITTLE like DMX is Method Man of Wu-Tang Clan. But they are different enough that you would know they are two separate people. This is coming from someone who has heard all those voices and listens to rap heavily. So I can't speak on the level of your friend who sounds like he's never heard two people speak before.

I listened to the track, You sound nothing like Eminem. Not even close. I was going to shit on you if you were a new school rapper, thank you for allowing me to understand rapped(chiyo ch.1)
Some constructive criticism, the vocals need to be turned up in Chiyo Ch.2 I can hardly hear what you are saying over the DING DONG DING DONG.
Raps are part beat, lyrics, and delivery. If all I hear is the beat, I might as well not even listen.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 18, 2019 1:11 AM

Dec 2013
I mean, to me ALL rappers sound like Eminem regardless of their ethnicity... Because I think all rap sounds obnoxious lol.

I'm an equal opportunity hater.
May 18, 2019 1:56 AM

Jun 2016
Bones and Cypress Hill sound so much like Eminem he should sue them immediately.
May 19, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2015
nobody actually says this and everything eminem has put out from recovery moving forward has been out of touch, corny, and completely irrelavent. If someone says this unironically they're 99.9% of the time just trolling and trying to get a rise out of you. IDK why I'm even responding to this.

also lemme sell u some beats ill do a $40 exclusive with mixing included. I got some $10 leases on my traktrain too. :))
Jun 11, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Who actually thinks like that?
Jun 14, 2019 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Never encounter anyone that thinks that lmao
Jun 16, 2019 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
Never seen anyone say that before. If anything I more often see people saying someone sounds like Bones if they make same genre as him especially if thet have long hair.
Jun 17, 2019 10:17 AM
Feb 2019
NthDegree said:
I mean, to me ALL rappers sound like Eminem regardless of their ethnicity... Because I think all rap sounds obnoxious lol.

I'm an equal opportunity hater.

At least you admit it. respect. But jugding before listening is stupid. Some rap talk about struggles, sorrow, triump etc..

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7562 by KingVamp_ »»
9 hours ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

1 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Today, 10:46 AM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3381 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 10:23 AM

» Duet Songs Recommendations?

Iroas - Yesterday

2 by Zettaiken »»
Today, 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.