Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 30, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
You Google Attack on Titan characters and you just get shirtless fanart of Eren, Levi, Erwin, Jean, and Reiner. That aside, Connie is still underappreciated on fan polls (many of them don't even LIST Connie) and isn't ever mentioned in threads. I feel bad for the staff of AoT, including Connie in the series but his character never invoking reactions.

* I thought about the reasons for this. My major conclusion is that he hardly has any hair. I thought if Connie Springer had long and flowing hair, he'd shoot up in character polls and all the 15 year old girls would include him in their fan art.

* On a more analytical level, I first assumed people thought his "comedic relief" wasn't necessary. And while he's obviously the most "comedic relief" -ish character ON the show (aside from Sasha), I never particularly viewed him that way since a majority of the time he's actually making normal or grave observations.
* My final, most recent, and most significant conclusion was made after reading a character analysis I'll link later. The author of this analysis states that people allegedly consider him insignificant to the plot. The author goes on to debunk this claim, and yet I can see where the claim comes from. I never realized it, but he really is the MOST insignificant to the plot compared to everyone else in A. 104th Cadets, and B. Levi's Squad. His role is quite little and he contributes little to the plot's progression. And therefore, I will gladly understand a potential accusation of the "series being the same without him."

Taking this final bulletin into account, I'd like to end in saying that I hope there's a considerable amount of people who STILL find appreciation in his character. I feel kinda bad that the folks behind the series provided us with a character that receives no discussion.

And I'll leave you with this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/8bm6zs/manga_spoilers_in_defense_of_connie_springer_a/

PLEASE give it a read. It is quite intriguing. My opinion regarding Connie Springer has always been the same -- even before reading this analysis -- but my appreciation was AMPLIFIED after reading this. In short, the author lists the benefits of Connie Springer being an "everyman". Gotta love it.
May 13, 2019 8:30 PM
Apr 2019
yeah you are right
May 13, 2019 8:47 PM

Feb 2019
AlexLovesWomen said:

* I thought about the reasons for this. My major conclusion is that he hardly has any hair. I thought if Connie Springer had long and flowing hair, he'd shoot up in character polls and all the 15 year old girls would include him in their fan art.

As a female myself i cant agree more with this. Lots of girls won't even take a look at his character because he...doesn't have any hair and is not attractive as other favorited character is. I was like this before but after reading a post about him and taking some time to think, i started to appreciate and give attention to him too. I actually like his personality anyway
May 19, 2019 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
Thank the Heavens Lxwless, you've redeemed some of my hope for the anime community. Rightfully said, he's got a great personality for numerous reasons. I'm also glad you notice others disregarding him because of his lack in "attractiveness". ... I have to wonder if peoples' opinions will change after the AoT timeskip (where Connie buds a bit of hair).
May 22, 2019 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
He's a great guy, I like him. He's not that good to win a decisive fight or plot a good strategy but he helps in an operation. And he has good heart. Between him and horse-face, I think Connie looks better :)
May 24, 2019 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Catalano said:
He's a great guy, I like him. He's not that good to win a decisive fight or plot a good strategy but he helps in an operation. And he has good heart. Between him and horse-face, I think Connie looks better :)

Ha, same. He's not the most powerful, and he's not acclaimed in the battlefield (despite placing in the Top 10), but I definitely think he's worthy of some appreciation. I too prefer him to horse-face. ;)

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.