Forum Settings
Forums

Since piracy is out of control right now, why don't they just released anime for free with using ADS?

New
Apr 29, 2019 9:54 AM

Oct 2018
Should anime studio take advantage of ads too? like put the anime series on youtube or whatever it is. at least they got the profit from the ads right? yeah it's free ofcourse ... but what's the difference anyway? almost all of us watching anime illegally right now.

Apr 29, 2019 9:56 AM

Sep 2017
Interesting, I'll give my opinion about this in a minute.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Apr 29, 2019 10:00 AM
Sep 2015
Roughly the anime industry makes 19 billion USD each year. the idea is great but I think it will just lower the value of the animes as the people who previously bought these DVDs would just get free access and I don't think youtube would be able to provide anywhere close to 19 billion USD through ad revenue system.

Crunchy rolls makes somewhere around 70 million USD each year, I don't think its going to happen anytime soon with the youtube.
RolandThsiveApr 29, 2019 10:04 AM
Apr 29, 2019 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Those who would watch on you tube, would also use an adblocker. So no difference
Apr 29, 2019 10:12 AM

Mar 2017
it might go down the route of irritating people because it keeps repeating said ad on every video. take.REPEATING.seriously.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 29, 2019 10:12 AM

Mar 2015
Let's be real all anime would just get demonetized on youtube lol
Apr 29, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2009
1. piracy happens =/= officially given out for free.

2. ad blockers
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 29, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2008
[quote=GlennMagusHarvey message=57508614]1. piracy happens =/= officially given out for free.

2. ad blockers[/quote

3. You got that one right.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Apr 29, 2019 1:28 PM

Sep 2014
It's almost like the episode would air directly on TV with ads with them. OP is a visionary.
Apr 29, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2015
Alot of the new fans are watching from Crunchyroll, netflix, etc. from what I've observed. But there is still a lot of piracy of course.

Putting it on youtube would be cool, but there are still saints who would rather pay money for a Crunchyroll/etc subsrciption to watch anime on. So why not just leave it the way it is.
woah there
Apr 29, 2019 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Wasn't piracy always there? And fans still buy the stuff from their favorite anime. Also, they earn money with all the merch.
Apr 29, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2013
actually it does happen like this

a) on crunchyroll if you watch without a subscription (contrary to what some people believe, you can watch almost anything on CR for free, just with ads and in SD -> http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime )
japanese streaming services might have something like this too but are even more geolocked

b) on television channels which air anime, mostly in japan, but other countrie have anime on tv too......
i remember a madoka meme based on a commercial that always aired next to it https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/morning-rescue

both options are very country dependant but still... once you get too international it gets too hard for old japanese production comitte people to care
Apr 29, 2019 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
they already do though. it would be great if they didnt have region-lock though.
some dont even care for ad revenue, as is the case with Aikatsu! (most of the revenue is through sales of merch, mostly cards and toys)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 29, 2019 1:42 PM

Jan 2019
Not sure about the streaming side but I guess they make a ton of money from the physical copies. Just like manga I think anime can be a collectors hobby. People will pay top dollar to have a good, physical collection.

I think piracy for any digital media will always be a thing. As long as the internet exists, it will be a thing. No use fighting it.

Valve and CDPR made a great statement with Steam and GOG. It went something like "Cost isn't the issue, convenience is. If we provide any game at the touch of a button, and it's completely hassle free, people will pay for it."

I mean I'd pay for a subscription, despite being broke right now, if the site had access to any anime and wasn't region/content locked.
Apr 29, 2019 1:50 PM

Jan 2009
easier said than done, when anime licensing are still regional so you will get that geoblocking thing

and anime studios does not own the anime they made, the real owners of anime are the production committee and this are group of companies sharing resources to make anime possible
Apr 29, 2019 1:57 PM

May 2015
It's not about it being free or under a paid fee, it's about being accessible and convenient. No exclusivity and no region block, a good amount of people are willing to have full access to streaming anime.

https://youtu.be/fDF-S68kx5o
zalApr 29, 2019 2:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2019 3:45 PM

Mar 2016
With the licensing companies and their own streaming services already existing for English-speakers, uploading anime for 'free' seems like a losing proposition for production committees, when it's already basically being done. I've read that the money CR pays for rights, alone, helps some productions break even. So, yeah, it doesn't seem like there'd be any reason for them to do it. With the business model the way it is, I think the licensing companies are more put out due to piracy than the production committees, but I could be totally wrong about that.
Apr 29, 2019 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
I would not watch cr anime even if they paid me
Apr 29, 2019 4:21 PM

Jul 2017
It'd be cool if there was a globally available streaming site that had most available anime out there, but alas too many issues with licensing and the such
Apr 29, 2019 4:29 PM

Aug 2018
Ugh, another one with these bad topics about piracy.

1 - Japan doesn't give a fuck about the west
2 - Almost no anime airs in the west
3 - They get money anyway
Apr 29, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2018
i don't think that's a very good idea, you don't want to make your product worse than the pirated one
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 29, 2019 4:40 PM

Apr 2015
Congratulations, you just came up with Crunchyroll.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
Wasn't last month a record in the anime industry?
Producers hire studios to make anime and the pay for animators is the minimum.
Also the anime industry is on the east and not the west.
Also unless the views for a video go above the millions there would be barely any profit.

Most youtubers i know that arent in the 10 million subs club can only be content creators by constantly relying on sponsors.
And this money is for themselves only. This money would become nothing if it had to be divided in a group of people so its pretty much... impossible

Even those with a massive ammount of viewers sponsor things (altough this last example might be only for profit instead of survival).
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.

More topics from this board

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 5 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

30 by -Ryu »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

102 by TransferUser »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 4 hours ago

25 by LightWorker »»
8 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

69 by -Ryu »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.