Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
 
May 1, 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
"OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas."

@Orhunaa then you've heard wrong, or you've heard from Anime only Watchers.
Its so fantastic because of its Story Telling perspective, you grow alongside the Characters who know nothing about the actual Reality and the World Building and Plot will only be revealed in this season.
Saying its popcorn flick when you haven't read the Manga and basing that on other peoples Opinions is incredibly ignorant.
It has incredibly intriguing ideas and has much more complexity and plot than it seems. The World, Writing, Mystery are the Main Points i personally love about Attack on Titan.
Its just, to actually understand what the Plot is about you need to read basically the whole Manga although up till Chapter 100 is good enough to understand what its actually about, and just to clarify, that would be season 4~, when it comes out.

But if you don't love the simpleness of it and are not intrigued by the World and Mystery, and aren't curious, then its just not for you, because it takes a long time to tell its Story.
Modified by DenkiDestroy99X, May 1, 7:20 AM
 
May 1, 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 25
This post has to be removed. Like... why was it made in the first place? It's like OP actually wanted to attract everyone toxic in this community and then split the community in half - those who like AoT and those who do not. If you don't like AoT - don't watch it, end of the story. Everyone has their own and personal opinions. Can't even watch anime in peace these days without someone shit talking about it jeez...
 
May 1, 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 227
RavaZa said:
This post has to be removed. Like... why was it made in the first place? It's like OP actually wanted to attract everyone toxic in this community and then split the community in half - those who like AoT and those who do not. If you don't like AoT - don't watch it, end of the story. Everyone has their own and personal opinions. Can't even watch anime in peace these days without someone shit talking about it jeez...


From what I understand, the guy isn't talking shit about anything...but some people are getting super defensive over it for absolutely no reason.

Guy is basically asking "I found the show a bit slow and character development a bit lacklustre. Does the story and character depth pick up pace as the seasons go on?"

There's nothing wrong with this question, man. It's fine, and a lot of people here have chimed in with some pretty good replies. This isn't a bait thread or a troll, and believe me, I've seen more than my share of that kind of thing over the last few days, lol.

Some of the replies here, though? Well, I'll just leave this here :-

Like I told my last wife, I said "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes." - Jack Burton
 
May 1, 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1551
Daphi said:
"OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas."

@Orhunaa then you've heard wrong, or you've heard from Anime only Watchers.
Its so fantastic because of its Story Telling perspective, you grow alongside the Characters who know nothing about the actual Reality and the World Building and Plot will only be revealed in this season.
Saying its popcorn flick when you haven't read the Manga and basing that on other peoples Opinions is incredibly ignorant.
It has incredibly intriguing ideas and is much more complexity and plot than it seems. The World, Writing, Mystery are the Main Points i personally love about Attack on Titan.
Its just, to actually understand what the Plot is about you need to read basically the whole Manga although up till Chapter 100 is good enough to understand what its actually about, and just to clarify, that would be season 4~, when it comes out.

But if you don't love the simpleness of it and are not intrigued by the World and Mystery, and aren't curious, then its just not for you, because it takes a long time to tell its Story.


Is this one of the "It gets better in the nth chapter trust me." moments?

I don't think calling me ignorant is justified here. I didn't present it as my own opinion but rather what I've observed from others. I also said that this might not be what I will personally feel towards the show after having seen it for myself.

Also, if the plot is intriguing and complex in manga but superficial in anime, it's still not a very good anime. It may be a good manga but that's beside the point. Having a good source material doesn't discredit the anime-only watchers' complaints and criticism of the anime. Only the show itself can do that. It's really baffling that this needs to be said.
Modified by Orhunaa, May 1, 7:24 AM
 
May 1, 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Orhunaa said:
Daphi said:
"OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas."

@Orhunaa then you've heard wrong, or you've heard from Anime only Watchers.
Its so fantastic because of its Story Telling perspective, you grow alongside the Characters who know nothing about the actual Reality and the World Building and Plot will only be revealed in this season.
Saying its popcorn flick when you haven't read the Manga and basing that on other peoples Opinions is incredibly ignorant.
It has incredibly intriguing ideas and is much more complexity and plot than it seems. The World, Writing, Mystery are the Main Points i personally love about Attack on Titan.
Its just, to actually understand what the Plot is about you need to read basically the whole Manga although up till Chapter 100 is good enough to understand what its actually about, and just to clarify, that would be season 4~, when it comes out.

But if you don't love the simpleness of it and are not intrigued by the World and Mystery, and aren't curious, then its just not for you, because it takes a long time to tell its Story.


Is this one of the "It gets better in the nth chapter trust me." moments?

I don't think calling me ignorant is justified here. I didn't present it as my own opinion but rather what I've observed from others. I also said that this might not be what I will personally feel towards the show after having seen it for myself.

Also, if the plot is intriguing and complex in manga but superficial in anime, it's still not a good anime. It may be a good manga but that's beside the point. Having a good source material doesn't discredit the anime-only watchers' complaints and criticism of the anime. It's really baffling that this needs to be said.


No, you don't get it, its just judging a Story based on what you've heard is nonsense, what makes it so magnificient is the whole Plot, which you just can't know/understand until you've seen all of it basically. Its the same in the Anime as it is in the Manga, it's just the Anime isn't far enough yet into the real Plot.

It's more than justified calling someone ignorant who bases his Arguments on "what he has heard" and hasn't seen the whole thing.
And the last thing you said is axiomatic, i don't know why you even bothered mentioning it.

 
May 1, 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 196
Orhunaa said:
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.


The only thing is, it isn't the case. It's either the first statement or the other one. Most replies are exclusive of each other. So,yeah, no irony
 
May 1, 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 25
CallMeHoot said:
RavaZa said:
This post has to be removed. Like... why was it made in the first place? It's like OP actually wanted to attract everyone toxic in this community and then split the community in half - those who like AoT and those who do not. If you don't like AoT - don't watch it, end of the story. Everyone has their own and personal opinions. Can't even watch anime in peace these days without someone shit talking about it jeez...


From what I understand, the guy isn't talking shit about anything...but some people are getting super defensive over it for absolutely no reason.

Guy is basically asking "I found the show a bit slow and character development a bit lacklustre. Does the story and character depth pick up pace as the seasons go on?"


Well, that vid sure does explain this situation very well, that said, I do like AoT. Maybe you are right, maybe his intentions weren't to flame ppl, but in that case, I feel like he should've asked differently, cuz as it is rn, I do find his question very arrogant, and so does a lot of ppl here.
 
May 1, 7:40 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4097
Orhunaa said:
OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas. There are those whose job is to simply entertain and be a decent way to spend time.

Again didn't watch it, so I may not feel this way once I watch it. But that seems to be what the consensus among the seasoned viewers is.

"Some of the seasonal viewers told this to me, so it's got to be true. Oh wait! But my opinion may change once I watch it."

Basing off your view on the show by hearing the opinions of some of the seasonal viewers and without experiencing the show yourself is dumb. Your opinion doesn't hold any value until you watch the show yourself. So I wonder why you even bothered including this...
 
May 1, 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1551
Daphi said:
Orhunaa said:


Is this one of the "It gets better in the nth chapter trust me." moments?

I don't think calling me ignorant is justified here. I didn't present it as my own opinion but rather what I've observed from others. I also said that this might not be what I will personally feel towards the show after having seen it for myself.

Also, if the plot is intriguing and complex in manga but superficial in anime, it's still not a good anime. It may be a good manga but that's beside the point. Having a good source material doesn't discredit the anime-only watchers' complaints and criticism of the anime. It's really baffling that this needs to be said.


No, you don't get it, its just judging a Story based on what you've heard is nonsense, what makes it so magnificient is the whole Plot, which you just can't know/understand until you've seen all of it basically. Its the same in the Anime as it is in the Manga, it's just the Anime isn't far enough yet into the real Plot.

It's more than justified calling someone ignorant who bases his Arguments on "what he has heard" and hasn't seen the whole thing.
And the last thing you said is axiomatic, i don't know why you even bothered mentioning it.



Again, I did not make any case for the quality of the show. If I had, what you accuse me of would be completely fair, but I didn't. I simply said that this is what I've heard about it. I don't know whether it's a well-founded claim or not but I wanted to share nonetheless. For instance, if I said "From what I've seen, LotGH is a very well-regarded show" that wouldn't equate to me saying "I argue that LotGH is a good show." those are distinctly different things. One is a factual claim that refers to knowledge, the other is an opinion.

@KatsutoSaki

Thanks to you I realized the problem and this will be the last reply from me to this thread.
KatsutoSaki said:
But my opinion may change once I watch it.


This is the part where I'm misrepresented, partly due to my wording being prone to misunderstanding. I didn't say I may change my opinion. I said I may not feel this way. This doesn't mean that I hold this opinion and may change it later. It means I may or may not agree with it. I don't know. I'm currently neutral.
Modified by Orhunaa, May 1, 7:59 AM
 
May 1, 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Orhunaa said:
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.



OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas. There are those whose job is to simply entertain and be a decent way to spend time.

Again didn't watch it, so I may not feel this way once I watch it. But that seems to be what the consensus among the seasoned viewers is.


"Again, I did not make any case for the quality of the show. If I had, what you accuse me of would be completely fair, but I didn't. I simply said that this is what I've heard about it."

The way you have phrased the first Sentence using "know" and"it is" and following it up by short phrased statements afterwards makes it a factual claim you believe to be true, this is at least how it sounds like to me.

I misinterpreted your intent then but i think you should have phrased it better.
 
May 1, 8:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 165
"Also, if the plot is intriguing and complex in manga but superficial in anime, it's still not a good anime."

@Orhunaa

Have you watched it at all? Just curious. Main reason a lot of people say "the manga is better" is because of manga elitism, tbh. the arc in season 3 part 1 of the anime was a lot better than the manga imo, cause in the manga, isayama lost a lot of hiis "show, dont tell" approach in that arc and chapters were covered in ugly speech bubble info dump panels, he had that fixed for the anime to not be a truck full of info dumping which tends to turn people off. Just giving you a different viewpoint is all here
 
May 1, 8:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1551
Daphi said:
Orhunaa said:
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.



OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas. There are those whose job is to simply entertain and be a decent way to spend time.

Again didn't watch it, so I may not feel this way once I watch it. But that seems to be what the consensus among the seasoned viewers is.


"Again, I did not make any case for the quality of the show. If I had, what you accuse me of would be completely fair, but I didn't. I simply said that this is what I've heard about it."

The way you have phrased the first Sentence using "know" and"it is" and following it up by short phrased statements afterwards makes it a factual claim you believe to be true, this is at least how it sounds like to me.

I misinterpreted your intent then but i think you should have phrased it better.


Yeah, that was poor wording on my part. I apologize.
 
May 1, 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4186
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me?

Because it's one of the most anticipated series of one of the most popular series today.

For me, it's one of the few anime I've watched so far that filled with so much suspense and thrill. The mysteries and the world is just too intriguing. The characters know nothing about the world and the enemy and it's a fresh new experience for me to learn and feel things at the same time as the characters you know?

The deaths are not for ppl to bawl their eyes out. It is to show how the humanity is at a disadvantage against the titan. That the humanity are losing. That your decision can cost you so many lives gone and ultimately, the extinction of the humanity itself.

If it's predictable and unexciting for you, I think you should stop watching and look for something else that suit your preferences more. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time on something I didn't enjoy. I won't watch something just because it's been hyped up so much lol. i dropeed a ton of anime that's been praised to heaven as soon as I realized it's not for me.

Good luck op!
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends. So yeah idgaf about your opinion, extras :)"
 
May 1, 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 780
You need to watch more...Trust me it won't be predictable later in the story
 
May 1, 10:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1636
Animere1 said:
You need to watch more...Trust me it won't be predictable later in the story


I don't see how people think it's predictable to start with . Given that most of the stuff has been foreshadowed since s1 .even the basement has been forshadowed .
 
May 1, 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 363
CallMeHoot said:
RavaZa said:
This post has to be removed. Like... why was it made in the first place? It's like OP actually wanted to attract everyone toxic in this community and then split the community in half - those who like AoT and those who do not. If you don't like AoT - don't watch it, end of the story. Everyone has their own and personal opinions. Can't even watch anime in peace these days without someone shit talking about it jeez...


From what I understand, the guy isn't talking shit about anything...but some people are getting super defensive over it for absolutely no reason.

Guy is basically asking "I found the show a bit slow and character development a bit lacklustre. Does the story and character depth pick up pace as the seasons go on?"

There's nothing wrong with this question, man. It's fine, and a lot of people here have chimed in with some pretty good replies. This isn't a bait thread or a troll, and believe me, I've seen more than my share of that kind of thing over the last few days, lol.

Some of the replies here, though? Well, I'll just leave this here :-



Pretty much this, yeah.

But again, this person is a JoJo enthusiast, you could assume he/she could apply the same endurance to watching SnK as with watching the first one or two parts with JoJo. That show has exactly the problems OP mentions in the initial post. Nonetheless he/she got to part 5. Why not giving SnK the same treatment?
And if the person doesn't want to do that, so be it. Instead we get another one of "these" threads (albeit the OP's one is more reasonable than the usual bunch) after a new 8.50+ show appears, it's becoming tiring.
 
May 1, 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1166
I say it's hype cause the previous seasons were hyped up for.

I liked Tokyo Ghoul, so I was hyped to watch Re:, hated second season that came after.

 
May 3, 4:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Guys, please just leave it out. Don’t carry on with this negativity. IMO, AoT is the 🐐 and this seasons’ episodes are going to secure high ratings. Season 4 would be on another level because it’s things no one expects will happen, such as deaths, plot twists and the main idea of who the good guys and bad guys really are. End this, theres no more to be said because it’s clear who the haters really are and carrying on will only make them want to continue. It shows because if you take a look at the stats, the amount of 1 star ratings is shocking. But it’s fine at the end of the day because if they are annoyed at this, it just means that this anime is getting more love and attention than their favourite one 🤪
 
May 3, 4:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
MathsBook said:
Guys, please just leave it out. Don’t carry on with this negativity. IMO, AoT is the 🐐 and this seasons’ episodes are going to secure high ratings. Season 4 would be on another level because it’s things no one expects will happen, such as deaths, plot twists and the main idea of who the good guys and bad guys really are. End this, theres no more to be said because it’s clear who the haters really are and carrying on will only make them want to continue. It shows because if you take a look at the stats, the amount of 1 star ratings is shocking. But it’s fine at the end of the day because if they are annoyed at this, it just means that this anime is getting more love and attention than their favourite one 🤪
also please take in consideration that just because they are clearly hating on AoT, don’t hate back on any anime unless you actually don’t like it.
 
May 3, 4:47 AM
Otherworldly

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1076
When we will have a nice discussion threads in popular show ?
 
May 3, 4:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1636
Prog_upworks13 said:
When we will have a nice discussion threads in popular show ?


This is MAL so never unfortunately . There may be one that starts out that way but there will always be one that ruins it
 
May 3, 6:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 8
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?



You need to be WITH the story, be WITH them. If you can feel their life in this show, you should be able to understand why is it hyped. There's so many scene, mystery scene which will be explained in further episodes (I know this because I got spoiled). The way SnK relate old eps to a huge mystery in the future really hits us really hard, it feels crazily amazing.

Tldr: maybe you should read the manga
 
May 3, 7:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 10
Thank you for pointing this out. Personally, I don't think this anime is for me, but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen. I don't give a shit when someone dies because I don't care for that character.

Oh well, people have their tastes I guess.
 
May 3, 8:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 7
fwizziness said:
but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good

You're saying this like it's a fact, but according to what?

fwizziness said:
battle shounen

LMAO
 
May 3, 9:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
fwizziness said:
Thank you for pointing this out. Personally, I don't think this anime is for me, but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen. I don't give a shit when someone dies because I don't care for that character.

Oh well, people have their tastes I guess.
I mean just by taking a look at your favourite animes, i could tell that your into the high school romance ecchi section. I guess for you = no ecchi no game
 
May 3, 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10003
fwizziness said:
Thank you for pointing this out. Personally, I don't think this anime is for me, but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen. I don't give a shit when someone dies because I don't care for that character.

Oh well, people have their tastes I guess.


You are contradicting yourself here, you just said ''it is not for me'' and then you say ''it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen''

make your mind up. Plus you have only watch 2 episode of the first season, you hardly have a opinion to begin with, look, you like ecchi slice of life romance anime, nothing wrong with that, stick to your corner and stop getting into discussion that you basically have no clue about.

Have a nice day.
 
May 3, 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 10
MathsBook said:
fwizziness said:
Thank you for pointing this out. Personally, I don't think this anime is for me, but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen. I don't give a shit when someone dies because I don't care for that character.

Oh well, people have their tastes I guess.
I mean just by taking a look at your favourite animes, i could tell that your into the high school romance ecchi section. I guess for you = no ecchi no game




None of my top anime are ecchi, but that's straying from the point of this discussion. I think SnK has great action scenes, but I just can't get into it, despite my friends watching it. It isn't for me, but I'm not dismissing it as a whole because I can see the reason why people like it.
 
May 3, 10:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
keragamming said:
fwizziness said:
Thank you for pointing this out. Personally, I don't think this anime is for me, but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen. I don't give a shit when someone dies because I don't care for that character.

Oh well, people have their tastes I guess.


You are contradicting yourself here, you just said ''it is not for me'' and then you say ''it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen''

make your mind up. Plus you have only watch 2 episode of the first season, you hardly have a opinion to begin with, look, you like ecchi slice of life romance anime, nothing wrong with that, stick to your corner and stop getting into discussion that you basically have no clue about.

Have a nice day.
keragamming said:
fwizziness said:
Thank you for pointing this out. Personally, I don't think this anime is for me, but no matter what way you look at it, it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen. I don't give a shit when someone dies because I don't care for that character.

Oh well, people have their tastes I guess.


You are contradicting yourself here, you just said ''it is not for me'' and then you say ''it isn't THAT good. For me, it's just an overrated battle shounen''

make your mind up. Plus you have only watch 2 episode of the first season, you hardly have a opinion to begin with, look, you like ecchi slice of life romance anime, nothing wrong with that, stick to your corner and stop getting into discussion that you basically have no clue about.

Have a nice day.
facts 🙌🏼 Man you really just spoke facts here 😂😂
 
May 3, 11:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 54
I don't agree with the op at all, but some people here are just being dicks. He's not trying to force his opinions on us or saying his taste is better, he's just trying to understand what makes the series so good.
What I can say is that if you found the plot predictable, it was probably for some reveals that the series dropped casually, because it already expected you to have realized it. AoT does it a lot, the informations are given bit by bit throughout the story, that is supposed to make you theorize by joining the little bits of information, so when the mystery is revealed the series often times doesn't make a huge fuss of it because it doesn't treat you like an idiot.
As for the characters, they're great, but their development and nuances are not always in your face, so you have to pay more attention. But they're more complex than any shounen character I've watched. It also doesn't help that the anime adaptation cuts a lot of these interactions and nuances, so that might be have contributed for you to find them bland.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 3, 12:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
There are some mistakes in this show:

1. the politics last season not being fleshed out very clearly, which ends up being really a letdown since it was heavily foreshadowed that the politics were going to be important in season 1, then it just ends up being skimmed over.
2. Plot development and world-building is not as elegantly integrated into the emotional aspects of the story as it could be. The worldbuilding is a bit slow.
3. Repetition happens a bit, and doesn't go well with the slow world-building.

Nevertheless, *despite* its shortcomings, this show certainly deserves the scores it has been getting here so far.
 
May 3, 1:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 81
Chart said:
Its highly overrated because of shonentards giving it 10/10 after one episode.


It's not even a shounan but ok. Shonentards give it 1/10 without watching it btw. #1-#2 are two mediocre shounan with an objective 5/10 score so this arguing on why aot is hyped that much makes total nonsense.
 
May 3, 1:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 81
Titanslayer18 said:
IdleSolution said:
Dont bother watching it, its absolute trash and every point you made is valid. It gets even worse further seasons. The answers in your topic show what the fanbase is - insecure 14 year old kids that get mad everytime someone says something bad about their favorte series

Lol keep crying dude calling aot a trash ain't gonna do a thing. We know it's gonna be good cause there are manga readers here too. I know u are just bashing aot for its high score right now but let's see after the season ends.


Don't care with ppl like her/him. Just a regular hater, who likes mediocre shounans, probably... To watching this anime you should enjoy the similarities with our world,the shounan basics in a seinen world concept, the graphics, the art, the osts etc... and ofc thinking is necessary too, this is the manga's strong point, because u have time for brainstorming.
 
May 3, 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10003
qwyxivi said:
There are some mistakes in this show:

1. the politics last season not being fleshed out very clearly, which ends up being really a letdown since it was heavily foreshadowed that the politics were going to be important in season 1, then it just ends up being skimmed over.
2. Plot development and world-building is not as elegantly integrated into the emotional aspects of the story as it could be. The worldbuilding is a bit slow.
3. Repetition happens a bit, and doesn't go well with the slow world-building.

Nevertheless, *despite* its shortcomings, this show certainly deserves the scores it has been getting here so far.


You can read the manga version for that arc, it goes more in depth. The anime cut out some interactions and development in season 3 part 1. Unfortunately you are in the minority and alot of persons did not like the political part of the series.
 
May 3, 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 363
BestBoiEren said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

>He was swallowed
>He would've died because of the temperature
>He transformed
Given the rules of the world, it made sense. If the titan would've bitten his spinal cord, he would've died.

Using the term dilusional is kinda ironical on your part.


Don't waste your time arguing with him, he is a jojo fan.


And here's another superior being, thinking he/she is the epitome of a true anime fan. Then again, defending your favorite animu with shitting on another popular anime is something a clown would do.
You don't help making the AoT community look better with such comments, do you? And now, CAREFUL, that was a rhetorical question.
 
May 3, 1:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 165
@ArrRti
I mean, both of them were pretty immature with each other, so just calling them out and not the one calling the entire fanbase 14 year olds isnt really fair.
 
May 3, 1:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 81
ArrRti said:
BestBoiEren said:


Don't waste your time arguing with him, he is a jojo fan.


And here's another superior being, thinking he/she is the epitome of a true anime fan. Then again, defending your favorite animu with shitting on another popular anime is something a clown would do.
You don't help making the AoT community look better with such comments, do you? And now, CAREFUL, that was a rhetorical question.


At least he do it under an aot destruction side area. Btw i have an objective look on every anime too, but i'm not going to posting under the anime's i don't like or hate because i think it's score tells me that humanity is ready for it's well deserved extinction.
 
May 3, 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 363
Well, people like IdleSolution are not even worth being mentioned or argued with because they have clearly no idea what the definition of trash is.
But that's the curse of every new 8.50+ show, shit posters coming out of their holes. It's amusing but also sad. =/


EDIT: @Momentay
"At least he do it under an aot destruction side area."

And...that makes the statement better.


Modified by ArrRti, May 3, 1:48 PM
 
May 3, 3:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 81
ArrRti said:
Well, people like IdleSolution are not even worth being mentioned or argued with because they have clearly no idea what the definition of trash is.
But that's the curse of every new 8.50+ show, shit posters coming out of their holes. It's amusing but also sad. =/


EDIT: @Momentay
"At least he do it under an aot destruction side area."

And...that makes the statement better.




Yep. Ofc not that much.
 
May 3, 4:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 161
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?


Sawano Hiroyuki, unique and more, in my very own opinion, vulgar art, Cool blades, female mc to not mess up with. İ don't know bro. İ guess it is like if i would never watch AoT and browse its own page MAL then i would say "Meh i guess another series that is not very popular and good, weird art, but hey Sawano Hiroyuki". But AoT has its uniqueness within itself. And to me season 1 is just important and remarkable as much as the page of AoT in MAL if i would never watch it. So mainly as many said it is what happens in S2 and S3

And i gotta say, if you dont like it then dont like and dont hold yourself back from not liking it just because some... i'll just say people, but i know those people deserve some words. Don't let anybody judge your taste, you are what you are

My third edit. Please just read my reply with coincidence and not really care about all those mad responses. İ stopped questioning those "people"
Modified by orkuncan, May 3, 4:28 PM
 
May 3, 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 980
Shit taste bro. It honestly amazing.
 
May 4, 5:37 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 444
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?

Considering it's genuinely in my top 3 manga there are currently, yes, the series starts off slow. I honestly don't think it actually hits its major heights until the 2nd season and onwards, one thing AoT is exceptional at is just how well-linked the entire story feels. There's minute scenes and shit in the first season that you'd not really think anything of and then bam, two seasons later it turns out to be one of the most important aspects to a character's story. There really isn't anything like it, the grand scale of the series and its setting, the technology/politics and views behind the characters, it's dare I say an actually surprisingly mature series because of just how realistically the characters grow. If Eren seems like a dumb shounen-type brat right now then you have every right to see him that way, but you'll be amazed by just how far he comes later on.
 
May 4, 11:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 310
Explain the hype? What happens when you find a gem among thousands of stones? You get excited. Attack on Titan is like a gem in the world of anime and media in general. Why it's a gem? That's an opinion based on perspective. Not everyone will like a show and not everyone will dislike it.

It doesnt hurt to try season 2 though. If you have a problem with a characters, remember theyve got more guts than you did when you were fifteen and you could learn a thing or two from them.
 
May 4, 1:51 PM
2199

Online
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 3030
ABDoesThings said:
It doesnt hurt to try season 2 though. If you have a problem with a characters, remember theyve got more guts than you did when you were fifteen and you could learn a thing or two from them.

I agreed with your first paragraph but really this argument is pathetic. They are fictional anime characters, it's ridiculous to compare the wills of real people to them.
 
May 4, 11:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 7
It's okay to don't get the hype: every show have different way to hype fans. I love JoJo too so I know the difference. The hype for S3p2 is beacuase it is the arrival point of the manga: we got a lot of answers and a lot of emotional scenes (just thinking about some of them makes me cry) so we can't wait to see them animated. But I'm also in hype for some Vento Aureo scenes. But it's quite a differente kind of hype!

So if you didn't enjoy S1 for your reasons you could never understand the hype (like, if I had not enjoyed previous JJBA seasons, I would never understand the hype for VA) and you could try S2 and S3 or you could give up and just watch other things. You don't have to force yourself to watch something that is not for you.

What is not OK is to is going in other anime forum just for say "hurr durr this show is trash, my anime is better" or say "don't bother about him, he likes that trash show". Or ever worse, rate a show 1/10 just beacause it gets a high score in MAL ratings. That's quite childish.
And that's true for SNK fans as well
 
May 5, 2:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 248
Fork95 said:
It's okay to don't get the hype: every show have different way to hype fans. I love JoJo too so I know the difference. The hype for S3p2 is beacuase it is the arrival point of the manga: we got a lot of answers and a lot of emotional scenes (just thinking about some of them makes me cry) so we can't wait to see them animated. But I'm also in hype for some Vento Aureo scenes. But it's quite a differente kind of hype!

So if you didn't enjoy S1 for your reasons you could never understand the hype (like, if I had not enjoyed previous JJBA seasons, I would never understand the hype for VA) and you could try S2 and S3 or you could give up and just watch other things. You don't have to force yourself to watch something that is not for you.

What is not OK is to is going in other anime forum just for say "hurr durr this show is trash, my anime is better" or say "don't bother about him, he likes that trash show". Or ever worse, rate a show 1/10 just beacause it gets a high score in MAL ratings. That's quite childish.
And that's true for SNK fans as well


thats how this nonsense here started in the first place some random guy made an inappropriate comment and started the shitcycle and then people started shitting on jojos and AoT
You son of a .. turtle

 
May 5, 5:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
I love how haters are making alt-accounts and giving this show 1/10.
This season will be the best season of all. Why do you hate this much ?
 
May 5, 8:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 310
changelog said:
ABDoesThings said:
It doesnt hurt to try season 2 though. If you have a problem with a characters, remember theyve got more guts than you did when you were fifteen and you could learn a thing or two from them.

I agreed with your first paragraph but really this argument is pathetic. They are fictional anime characters, it's ridiculous to compare the wills of real people to them.


Ridiculous? Comparing wills of characters to real people is how people relate to them. Its common sense. If people cant relate to a character, they find that character bland.
 
May 5, 8:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 310
Well if you want a well explained reason for the hype. Here it is.

Attack on Titan is an interesting take on your classic apocalyptic setting that entwines mystery and suspense into the storyline.

Instead of a bunch of zombies or a nuclear winter, its humanity vs titans. What this show did that others dont is provided an interesting plot that kept viewers intrigued with the show. Turn and turn it would pull out niches and do the unexpected. Unlike in other apocalyptic classics, this show has a very intelligent set of antagonists whose goal is not clearly known, which is an obvious in any mystery. The characters at first glance seem very bland but they become more and more complex each episode intriguing us. Its like the Game of Thrones in anime essentially.

Then the reason behind the hype for the latest season is because of the manga readers spoiling that this season will provide all the answers along with great fight scenes. Lets be honest? Who doesnt like a great fight?

Its quite unique in the anime industry and is a rare watch even for western viewers. Also the setting is extremely well developed because we know as much about the world as the characters do. So essentially, you dont need to know more about the setting.

Theres alot to say about Attack on Titan but that just sums it up basically. Also the music is fantastic.
 
May 8, 12:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Watch AOT season 1, 2 and 3 part 1. 🤷🏽‍♂️
 
May 8, 8:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 4
I actually started watching AoT because of its story.The premise where humans are caged and lives in constant fear of titans was pretty unique for an anime of that time.Yes,it does start slow and kills off its characters without even properly mentioning or developing them but that is just how the AoT world is built around.It gives off the "no one is safe" vibe and that is one of the aspects I loved about it.Also the osts in the anime is in my opinion one of the best.Not to mention the mysteries and the parallel world building to our real world after the rts arc is what made me love this series more.To simply put,it started as a typical generic shounen but later becomes much more grand in terms of characters and the overall story.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

Preview MangaManga Store