Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
 
Apr 29, 11:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2043
I was preparing to get appalled for yet another thread like this... and it actually turned out into a legit discussion. Of course, some rednecks did not even bother reading and accused the thread host of having bad tastes or other nonsense... At least this time I am not one of them. Good thread, I approve.
Re:formed
 
Apr 30, 1:19 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 43354
Sasori_Nagashi said:
"wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."


lots of suddenly dead characters gets more screen time later on through flashbacks or backstories, thats how this show is
 
Apr 30, 2:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 113
The show only gets better from now on. I'd say we're almost at the part where it turns from Shounen to Seinen.

 
Apr 30, 3:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
The show deserve all it's hype, Isayama is a genius writer who is not afraid of taking risks, adding with WIT marveling animation, it will definitely go down as a classic once it finishes airing.
 
Apr 30, 3:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1367
Can this series even be called shounen anymore.

And I don't see how people can call this series predictable .
 
Apr 30, 4:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1367
Cycli said:
LordLagann said:


It's a non-starter

AoT is in line with shows like Fairy Tail or Naruto. A slight step above I'll admit but still shares that attitude towards storytelling; trickles progression, fluffs itself with filler and flashbacks, and ends up appealing to the same fanbase that spans almost every other Shounen title.

It's meh but people like it so whatever.

That is true, AOT is a shounen. It is not even that great. Unnecessary Flashbacks of an entire episode during a fight. Progression is so slow in a world without any knowledge. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are better. They truly know how to handle shounen at is best. AOT has bad animation, bad soundtrack, bad seiyuus, boring plot and plastic characters. I really hope WIT can do something about this.


Fairy tail is hardly better it's literally all just power of friendship .and just got worse as it went on even the last season will be the worse of them all. It turned into a fanservice series . And all the girls are just there to show how big there boobs get each season
Modified by Mattinator95, Apr 30, 4:10 AM
 
Apr 30, 4:30 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 40
Mattinator95 said:
Cycli said:

That is true, AOT is a shounen. It is not even that great. Unnecessary Flashbacks of an entire episode during a fight. Progression is so slow in a world without any knowledge. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are better. They truly know how to handle shounen at is best. AOT has bad animation, bad soundtrack, bad seiyuus, boring plot and plastic characters. I really hope WIT can do something about this.


Fairy tail is hardly better it's literally all just power of friendship .and just got worse as it went on even the last season will be the worse of them all. It turned into a fanservice series . And all the girls are just there to show how big there boobs get each season

Having fan service isn’t bad, it sometimes comes with a better animations. My message was pure sarcasm to be honest. If you think Fairy Tail is better, that’s is great. If AOT isn’t your type of anime that is great, I hope you don’t hate it in a toxic way like people rating 1s. Instead of finding errors or things you dislike which in any anime are, try not think much about it, is a great anime and no one can’t denied that. Is not top 2 or course, but this is just an arc, is not even the entire anime overall. I love it even more because I read the manga, if you feel like it, you can take a look at it. Animes aren’t the one that get most of the hate, but a bad adaptation do. Imagine that Tokyo Ghoul could have been such amazing anime, but Pierrot messed it up. I hope you watch AOT, and if you feel like it, watch it all over again. We should be glad that some freak guys have worked hard to present us such beautiful adaptation. I which they could do this on even more animes.
 
Apr 30, 4:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Mattinator95 said:
Cycli said:

That is true, AOT is a shounen. It is not even that great. Unnecessary Flashbacks of an entire episode during a fight. Progression is so slow in a world without any knowledge. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are better. They truly know how to handle shounen at is best. AOT has bad animation, bad soundtrack, bad seiyuus, boring plot and plastic characters. I really hope WIT can do something about this.


Fairy tail is hardly better it's literally all just power of friendship .and just got worse as it went on even the last season will be the worse of them all. It turned into a fanservice series . And all the girls are just there to show how big there boobs get each season


Man don't feed the troll, someone comparing AoT to Naruto and Fairy tail can't be serious.
 
Apr 30, 4:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
LordLagann said:
WillofFire700 said:


Maybe you should try watching seasons 2 and 3. This show is nothing like Fairy Tail and Naruto. That is just objectively false.


Season one didn't leave me wanting more and I don't typically go for shows that pad out their air time with random story tangents and long winded expositions. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Fairy Tail or Naruto but it is the same genre of exhaustive and perpetually serialized works that get adapted into an Anime. In that vain it's very much like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

I usually have a kick out of over exaggerating likeness or differences but it is undoubtedly a Shounen. If the first season if indicative of anything it's that AoT isn't immune to these tropes, cliches, and traps that countless other titles proudly gloat. I haven't seen anything of S2 or S3 but I have an inkling it's not much better, or worse, then S1. Just more of the same meh.

Yeah it's a bit stubborn, and maybe even shortsighted, but I rather save myself the time and embrace the criticism rather than another "i'm gonna be different but only kinda" show.


Its really not, comparing it to FT and Naruto is just wrong, they might share 2-3 tags but they are completely different. Attack on Titans biggest and primary tag should be Mystery, not Action, not anything else, Mystery.

It might be tagged Shounen but its nothing like the other Shows (not that there is anything wrong with Shounen)
 
Apr 30, 4:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1367
Cycli said:
Mattinator95 said:


Fairy tail is hardly better it's literally all just power of friendship .and just got worse as it went on even the last season will be the worse of them all. It turned into a fanservice series . And all the girls are just there to show how big there boobs get each season

Having fan service isn’t bad, it sometimes comes with a better animations. My message was pure sarcasm to be honest. If you think Fairy Tail is better, that’s is great. If AOT isn’t your type of anime that is great, I hope you don’t hate it in a toxic way like people rating 1s. Instead of finding errors or things you dislike which in any anime are, try not think much about it, is a great anime and no one can’t denied that. Is not top 2 or course, but this is just an arc, is not even the entire anime overall. I love it even more because I read the manga, if you feel like it, you can take a look at it. Animes aren’t the one that get most of the hate, but a bad adaptation do. Imagine that Tokyo Ghoul could have been such amazing anime, but Pierrot messed it up. I hope you watch AOT, and if you feel like it, watch it all over again. We should be glad that some freak guys have worked hard to present us such beautiful adaptation. I which they could do this on even more animes.



I don't think Fairy tail is great but I kinda like it more or less but it does get boring and repeative as it went on but I would never go so low and become a toxic hater . And I was kidding a little about the fanservice I liked fanservice now and then but it's over used in FT and takes away what the characters could have been.

And AOT was my first anime so I'm a bit biased so I like it a great deal.
surly everyone has that one anime where they are biased with that they like alot
 
Apr 30, 4:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1367
Daphi said:
LordLagann said:


Season one didn't leave me wanting more and I don't typically go for shows that pad out their air time with random story tangents and long winded expositions. I wouldn't go as far as to call it Fairy Tail or Naruto but it is the same genre of exhaustive and perpetually serialized works that get adapted into an Anime. In that vain it's very much like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

I usually have a kick out of over exaggerating likeness or differences but it is undoubtedly a Shounen. If the first season if indicative of anything it's that AoT isn't immune to these tropes, cliches, and traps that countless other titles proudly gloat. I haven't seen anything of S2 or S3 but I have an inkling it's not much better, or worse, then S1. Just more of the same meh.

Yeah it's a bit stubborn, and maybe even shortsighted, but I rather save myself the time and embrace the criticism rather than another "i'm gonna be different but only kinda" show.


Its really not, comparing it to FT and Naruto is just wrong, they might share 2-3 tags but they are completely different. Attack on Titans biggest and primary tag should be Mystery, not Action, not anything else, Mystery.

It might be tagged Shounen but its nothing like the other Shows (not that there is anything wrong with Shounen)



Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Considering later point in the manga so wouldn't the term be action instead
 
Apr 30, 4:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 26451
Well I get hyped because the anime with the most interesting and intriguing story continues.
 
Apr 30, 4:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 661
WillofFire700 said:


Each season has just been improving the quality and writing of the series and people who have stuck with it are starting to see that now.... Now 6 years later and 2 seasons later, it is no longer just a hype series, but one with excellent storytelling and fantastic writing.

Ummm... Id say that, if anything, this is the season scored most based on hype alone. What you mean with people are starting to see the quality writing? This first episode was simply a set up for what's to come and nothing else. If you are talking about manga readers scoring this a 10 then I'd understand, since they know what will happen, but anime onlies cant just be suddenly realizing how good the writing is from a set up episode.
 
Apr 30, 4:51 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 40
Mattinator95 said:
Cycli said:

Having fan service isn’t bad, it sometimes comes with a better animations. My message was pure sarcasm to be honest. If you think Fairy Tail is better, that’s is great. If AOT isn’t your type of anime that is great, I hope you don’t hate it in a toxic way like people rating 1s. Instead of finding errors or things you dislike which in any anime are, try not think much about it, is a great anime and no one can’t denied that. Is not top 2 or course, but this is just an arc, is not even the entire anime overall. I love it even more because I read the manga, if you feel like it, you can take a look at it. Animes aren’t the one that get most of the hate, but a bad adaptation do. Imagine that Tokyo Ghoul could have been such amazing anime, but Pierrot messed it up. I hope you watch AOT, and if you feel like it, watch it all over again. We should be glad that some freak guys have worked hard to present us such beautiful adaptation. I which they could do this on even more animes.



I don't think Fairy tail is great but I kinda like it more or less but it does get boring and repeative as it went on but I would never go so low and become a toxic hater . And I was kidding a little about the fanservice I liked fanservice now and then but it's over used in FT and takes away what the characters could have been.

And AOT was my first anime so I'm a bit biased so I like it a great deal.
surly everyone has that one anime where they are biased with that they like alot

Oh, so that was not long ago, I mean, I started watching anime 12 years ago. I only hope any anime could get a fair appreciation.
 
Apr 30, 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 113
Mattinator95 said:
Daphi said:


Its really not, comparing it to FT and Naruto is just wrong, they might share 2-3 tags but they are completely different. Attack on Titans biggest and primary tag should be Mystery, not Action, not anything else, Mystery.

It might be tagged Shounen but its nothing like the other Shows (not that there is anything wrong with Shounen)



Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Considering later point in the manga so wouldn't the term be action instead


Yeah this show is no way near being a Shounen in the later arcs.

 
Apr 30, 5:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Mattinator95 said:
Daphi said:


Its really not, comparing it to FT and Naruto is just wrong, they might share 2-3 tags but they are completely different. Attack on Titans biggest and primary tag should be Mystery, not Action, not anything else, Mystery.

It might be tagged Shounen but its nothing like the other Shows (not that there is anything wrong with Shounen)



Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Considering later point in the manga so wouldn't the term be action instead


the line is very blurry, with the start of the season 4 arc when it is / if it is released, this line won't be as blurry anymore, you can call it shounen because due to the actual plot not being revealed until end of season 3 part 2/ season 4 it seems like a typical action oriented show and the characters are fairly young, so yeah the initial seasons can be called shounen definitely but overall if we look at the whole story its really more of a Seinen especially in S4/S5
 
Apr 30, 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2061
Mattinator95 said:


Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Considering later point in the manga so wouldn't the term be action instead


Yojouhan said:

Yeah this show is no way near being a Shounen in the later arcs.


Yes it can ( and should ) be called a shounen as it still releases in a shounen magazine and is aimed at that demographic.

Since shounen is also not considered a genre it can move outside of what's conform & typical for the demographic its aimed at while still being a shounen.

 
Apr 30, 5:09 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 67
Sasori_Nagashi said:
nanidatosama97 said:


The glory of this series is that, the characters dont know much more than we do, and we learn about the world at the same pace as them and grow along side them with the series. Each season the show becomes more and more complex, especially with season 3 part 1 and 2. The characters also get more and more growth each season. The deaths, theyre not really trying to "feels-bait", you. Its just showing how powerful the enemy is and that we should show some concern on how the survey corps is gonna survive this ordeal. Its one of the few series of anime/manga that executes the whole part of "is my favorite character gonna be okay?" or "is my favorite team going to be alright?" brilliantly for me because isayama is more than willing to off characters if it helps move the plot along and evolve it.


That much I can definitely respect about the series. A lot of anime series have a serious problem with avoiding death when there should be death, in order to make sure no fans lose their favourites I.E. Naruto up until the war arc and even then the death was kept to a bare minimum and was mostly nameless faceless nobodies and characters they felt safe wouldn't be TOO sorely missed.


But
So yea, Aot really isn't special when it comes to that.
 
Apr 30, 5:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1367
Cycli said:
Mattinator95 said:



I don't think Fairy tail is great but I kinda like it more or less but it does get boring and repeative as it went on but I would never go so low and become a toxic hater . And I was kidding a little about the fanservice I liked fanservice now and then but it's over used in FT and takes away what the characters could have been.

And AOT was my first anime so I'm a bit biased so I like it a great deal.
surly everyone has that one anime where they are biased with that they like alot

Oh, so that was not long ago, I mean, I started watching anime 12 years ago. I only hope any anime could get a fair appreciation.



To be fair I started watching anime roughly around 2015 - early 16 I think I can't really remember but I do remember that MYA S2 was half way done if I remember correctly as well as the last few episodes of god eater and tales of zesteria( the only shows I remember airing at the time ) but didn't make a Mal account till last year.
Modified by Mattinator95, Apr 30, 6:19 AM
 
Apr 30, 5:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Fappa said:
Mattinator95 said:


Can it even be called a shounen ?? Sure maybe the first season . But dosnt it kind of slowy pull away from that.

Considering later point in the manga so wouldn't the term be action instead


Yojouhan said:

Yeah this show is no way near being a Shounen in the later arcs.


Yes it can ( and should ) be called a shounen as it still releases in a shounen magazine and is aimed at that demographic.

Since shounen is also not considered a genre it can move outside of what's conform & typical for the demographic its aimed at while still being a shounen.


they are mainly referring to the Manga Arcs after season 3 part 2
which is anything except Shounen
 
Apr 30, 6:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Daphi said:
Fappa said:




Yes it can ( and should ) be called a shounen as it still releases in a shounen magazine and is aimed at that demographic.

Since shounen is also not considered a genre it can move outside of what's conform & typical for the demographic its aimed at while still being a shounen.


they are mainly referring to the Manga Arcs after season 3 part 2
which is anything except Shounen


You are mixing genres and demographics.

Shounen is not a genre. Mangas are labelled shonen, seinen, shojo... according to the magazine where they are published. Those magazines are aimed toward certain demographics. AoT is published in the Bessatsu shonen Magazine therefore its a Shonen.

The fact that it is a shonen doesnt prevent it from getting a very complex plot with morally grey characters.
 
Apr 30, 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Kilimini said:
Daphi said:

they are mainly referring to the Manga Arcs after season 3 part 2
which is anything except Shounen


You are mixing genres and demographics.

Shounen is not a genre. Mangas are labelled shonen, seinen, shojo... according to the magazine where they are published. Those magazines are aimed toward certain demographics. AoT is published in the Bessatsu shonen Magazine therefore its a Shonen.

The fact that it is a shonen doesnt prevent it from getting a very complex plot with morally grey characters.


Im not mixing anything, i very well understand the difference between genres and demographics, yet after s4 and s5 the content changes, shounen means its targeted at an audience under the age of 15 , content type influences by itself what audience is targeted not just the manner in which it is published, since the content type develops and changes, it is more reflective of seinen in s4 and s5 (the last 2 arcs in the manga)

but oh well its the same thing with Kuroshitsuji, which is categorized as Shounen but its obviously Shoujo~
Modified by DenkiDestroy99X, Apr 30, 6:51 AM
 
Apr 30, 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 849
Arkab said:
Never understood it either, maybe it has to do with novelty/timing I guess? Anyway I dropped it the first time I tried it, couldn't get past episode 3 after the potato-girl moment which looked pretty stupid, and the art I found it terrible, almost no consistency among characters-backgrounds, but I may give it another chance.



Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.
 
Apr 30, 6:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Daphi said:
Kilimini said:


You are mixing genres and demographics.

Shounen is not a genre. Mangas are labelled shonen, seinen, shojo... according to the magazine where they are published. Those magazines are aimed toward certain demographics. AoT is published in the Bessatsu shonen Magazine therefore its a Shonen.

The fact that it is a shonen doesnt prevent it from getting a very complex plot with morally grey characters.


Im not mixing anything, i very well understand the difference between genres and demographics, yet after s4 and s5 the content changes, shounen means its targeted at an audience under the age of 15 , content type influences by itself what audience is targeted not just the manner in which it is published, since the content type develops and changes, it is more reflective of seinen in s4 and s5 (the last 2 arcs in the manga)


Yeah Man i got your idea, Snk's story gets really deep and mature after chapter 90 and i love it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's plublished in the Bessatsu SHONEN magazine and it's therefore a Shonen.

Heck if One Piece get's published in the Ultra Jump next Month it wil become a seinen. Does it mean that its story is more mature than Snk's ? Hell no !
Modified by Kilimini, Apr 30, 7:21 AM
 
Apr 30, 7:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Kilimini said:
Daphi said:


Im not mixing anything, i very well understand the difference between genres and demographics, yet after s4 and s5 the content changes, shounen means its targeted at an audience under the age of 15 , content type influences by itself what audience is targeted not just the manner in which it is published, since the content type develops and changes, it is more reflective of seinen in s4 and s5 (the last 2 arcs in the manga)


Yeah Man i got your idea, Snk's story gets really deep and mature after chapter 90 and i love, but it doesn't change the fact that it's plublished in the Bessatsu SHONEN magazine and it's therefore a Shonen.

Heck if One Piece get's published in the Ultra Jump next Month it wil become a seinen. Does it mean that its story is more mature than Snk's ? Hell no !


i get your point^^ makes sense but i disagree, you are right in theory if targeted audience was solely defined by the published magazine, as you said on paper its clearly defined by where its published, but in my eyes the words "shounen/seinen,shoujo/josei" as demographics, target audiences not just by where they are published but also but their content type, as you said Kuroshitsuji on paper is a Shounen, but clearly targets the Shoujo field, in the same manner i argue with AoT S4/S5 particularly (and the overall story/ Manga) targeting the seinen field, even if it is a shounen by definition because of where it is published

if One Piece was published in Ultra Jump it would still be a Shounen even if on paper it wasn't

its just a matter of how we phrase things i guess, but theoretically you are completely correct

i just think we shouldn't always define things in black and white
 
Apr 30, 7:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Daphi said:
Kilimini said:


Yeah Man i got your idea, Snk's story gets really deep and mature after chapter 90 and i love, but it doesn't change the fact that it's plublished in the Bessatsu SHONEN magazine and it's therefore a Shonen.

Heck if One Piece get's published in the Ultra Jump next Month it wil become a seinen. Does it mean that its story is more mature than Snk's ? Hell no !


i get your point^^ makes sense but i disagree, you are right in theory if targeted audience was solely defined by the published magazine, as you said on paper its clearly defined by where its published, but in my eyes the words "shounen/seinen,shoujo/josei" as demographics, target audiences not just by where they are published but also but their content type, as you said Kuroshitsuji on paper is a Shounen, but clearly targets the Shoujo field, in the same manner i argue with AoT S4/S5 particularly (and the overall story/ Manga) targeting the seinen field, even if it is a shounen by definition because of where it is published

if One Piece was published in Ultra Jump it would still be a Shounen even if on paper it wasn't

its just a matter of how we phrase things i guess, but theoretically you are completely correct

i just think we shouldn't always define things in black and white


Well yeah as you said, it's your interpretations of the terms and i see nothing wrong with that.

Regarding One piecei found this survey, i think you may find it funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/61rzo6/an_age_demographic_survey_among_the_one_piece/
 
Apr 30, 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
Kilimini said:
Daphi said:


i get your point^^ makes sense but i disagree, you are right in theory if targeted audience was solely defined by the published magazine, as you said on paper its clearly defined by where its published, but in my eyes the words "shounen/seinen,shoujo/josei" as demographics, target audiences not just by where they are published but also but their content type, as you said Kuroshitsuji on paper is a Shounen, but clearly targets the Shoujo field, in the same manner i argue with AoT S4/S5 particularly (and the overall story/ Manga) targeting the seinen field, even if it is a shounen by definition because of where it is published

if One Piece was published in Ultra Jump it would still be a Shounen even if on paper it wasn't

its just a matter of how we phrase things i guess, but theoretically you are completely correct

i just think we shouldn't always define things in black and white


Well yeah as you said, it's your interpretations of the terms and i see nothing wrong with that.

Regarding One piecei found this survey, i think you may find it funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/61rzo6/an_age_demographic_survey_among_the_one_piece/


that is kinda funny, but it makes sense many people grew up with it and older people usually have money to buy shit, and younger people tend not to need it because technological evolution xD
 
Apr 30, 8:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Nostalgik said:
WillofFire700 said:


Each season has just been improving the quality and writing of the series and people who have stuck with it are starting to see that now.... Now 6 years later and 2 seasons later, it is no longer just a hype series, but one with excellent storytelling and fantastic writing.

Ummm... Id say that, if anything, this is the season scored most based on hype alone. What you mean with people are starting to see the quality writing? This first episode was simply a set up for what's to come and nothing else. If you are talking about manga readers scoring this a 10 then I'd understand, since they know what will happen, but anime onlies cant just be suddenly realizing how good the writing is from a set up episode.


Well for manga readers I was talking about them realizing from this point forward how much better the story got. For a anime onlies I was referring to them realizing the story progression from season 1 to season 2 to season 3 part 1 and being hyped for season 3 part 2. So yeah hype does play a huge part in it, but that hype is a byproduct of not only manga readers hyping it up, but also all the story events leading up to this season, which makes it feel like we're in for a giant climax.
 
Apr 30, 10:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 21
nanidatosama97 said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:


That much I can definitely respect about the series. A lot of anime series have a serious problem with avoiding death when there should be death, in order to make sure no fans lose their favourites I.E. Naruto up until the war arc and even then the death was kept to a bare minimum and was mostly nameless faceless nobodies and characters they felt safe wouldn't be TOO sorely missed.


Yeah, Id definitely read the manga and catch up with it, because everyone is insanely complex, and its fun seeing isayamas art quality improve each and every new arc. The manga is currently in its final stages, which means we only have like one more season of anime content left.
you sure S4 will be the last? Marley arc,can it be adapted into 12 eps?
 
Apr 30, 10:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 21
laviha said:
you have a problem with accepting other's likes and dislikes, don't you op? But having a different taste than the majority is nothing to worry about
now wtf "OP" is here?
 
Apr 30, 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 849
JakeShanks2001 said:
laviha said:
you have a problem with accepting other's likes and dislikes, don't you op? But having a different taste than the majority is nothing to worry about
now wtf "OP" is here?


It is how we address the one who created the thread
 
Apr 30, 10:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 21
BestBoiEren said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?


has dbz, jojo. ttgl, mob psycho in favorites... yeah no point explaining
i dont have any prob with Jojo,Mob and TTGL but yeah DB is trash for me, other 3 are great. No point in explaining? you're one of those Cancer AOT fans who doesn't recognise JoJo as a masterpiece 🤦‍♂️, Mob was great, S2 had bad ending eps, Never watched TTGL but heard its great.
 
Apr 30, 10:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 21
laviha said:
JakeShanks2001 said:
now wtf "OP" is here?


It is how we address the one who created the thread
the one who creates a thread or you only address this guy as op?
 
Apr 30, 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 849
JakeShanks2001 said:
laviha said:


It is how we address the one who created the thread
the one who creates a thread or you only address this guy as op?


The one who creates a thread
 
Apr 30, 10:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 53
I mean it's gets way better from here onwards
 
Apr 30, 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1653
JakeShanks2001 said:
BestBoiEren said:


has dbz, jojo. ttgl, mob psycho in favorites... yeah no point explaining
i dont have any prob with Jojo,Mob and TTGL but yeah DB is trash for me, other 3 are great. No point in explaining? you're one of those Cancer AOT fans who doesn't recognise JoJo as a masterpiece 🤦‍♂️, Mob was great, S2 had bad ending eps, Never watched TTGL but heard its great.


jojo is good, but very much overrated tbh
 
Apr 30, 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 2337
laviha said:


Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.


If a show by episode 3 hasn't still "started properly" then when does it? 3 episodes is a sufficient amount of episodes to judge whether you want to continue or not.

And it wasn't only potato-girl, the whole stupid-looking naked giants eating people concept wasn't ever very appealing either.

But as I say, I may give it another try someday.
 
Apr 30, 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 849
Arkab said:
laviha said:


Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.


If a show by episode 3 hasn't still "started properly" then when does it? 3 episodes is a sufficient amount of episodes to judge whether you want to continue or not.

And it wasn't only potato-girl, the whole stupid-looking naked giants eating people concept wasn't ever very appealing either.

But as I say, I may give it another try someday.


you could say attack on titan was a bit late at starting the actual plot
 
Apr 30, 12:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 1123
Arkab said:
laviha said:


Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.


If a show by episode 3 hasn't still "started properly" then when does it? 3 episodes is a sufficient amount of episodes to judge whether you want to continue or not.

And it wasn't only potato-girl, the whole stupid-looking naked giants eating people concept wasn't ever very appealing either.

But as I say, I may give it another try someday.


Did you wanted the giants to have clothes and not eat people?, because that wouldn't be attack on titan, that would be an entirely different series. Also your disliking of the series is totally based in preference and taste not in actual flaws of the story or anything about the series, i could say that i don't like Naruto because i don't like the whole "ninjas killing people" thing but it wouldn't be a fair criticism because that's what the story is about.
 
Apr 30, 1:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?


It builds up and gets deeper over time, plus the revelations are intense and the plot twists are mind f****ing you xD
 
Apr 30, 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 2337
LiedElfen said:


Did you wanted the giants to have clothes and not eat people?, because that wouldn't be attack on titan, that would be an entirely different series.


I didn't ask for anything regarding the giants; all I was saying was that didn't appeal to me.

LiedElfen said:
Also your disliking of the series is totally based in preference and taste not in actual flaws of the story or anything about the series, i could say that i don't like Naruto because i don't like the whole "ninjas killing people" thing but it wouldn't be a fair criticism because that's what the story is about.


But I was never making any criticism towards the series, all I was doing was stating the reasons why it didn't appeal to me, which is different from criticizing it. That's all...
 
Apr 30, 1:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 138
Arkab said:
laviha said:


Now it's potato girl's fault. At least don't drop a show before it even started properly.


If a show by episode 3 hasn't still "started properly" then when does it? 3 episodes is a sufficient amount of episodes to judge whether you want to continue or not.

And it wasn't only potato-girl, the whole stupid-looking naked giants eating people concept wasn't ever very appealing either.

But as I say, I may give it another try someday.


Ngl but the 3 episode rule is a shitty rule tbh , there are so many anime that have a slow start
 
Apr 30, 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
@Arkab sad face^^ but if it doesn't appeal to you don't force yourself the potato thing is more of a joke and yeah the design of the titans is kinda a joke too, and you said the art was bad, but if those things bother you so much then its not for you thats for sure, i love the art, sasha is funny and ridiculous and the design of the titans, well it is what it is i don't really pry into that, my cousin said the same thing about finding it ridiciulous^^ you can compare it to dragonball, the ginyu force is ridiculous, the ozaru is weird af, but its just apart of its brilliance^^ if you don't like it, thats too bad, i personally love it
 
Apr 30, 5:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 1123
Arkab said:
LiedElfen said:


Did you wanted the giants to have clothes and not eat people?, because that wouldn't be attack on titan, that would be an entirely different series.


I didn't ask for anything regarding the giants; all I was saying was that didn't appeal to me.

LiedElfen said:
Also your disliking of the series is totally based in preference and taste not in actual flaws of the story or anything about the series, i could say that i don't like Naruto because i don't like the whole "ninjas killing people" thing but it wouldn't be a fair criticism because that's what the story is about.


But I was never making any criticism towards the series, all I was doing was stating the reasons why it didn't appeal to me, which is different from criticizing it. That's all...


Sorry i though you were trying to use those arguments as criticism towards the series, then if it doesn't appeal to you it's fine because all people enjoy different things, i suggest you to watch at least one or two more episodes though because i think it is actually worth it and the story is interesting and engaging.
 
Apr 30, 7:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 66
I don't understand the hype for One piece, and Jojo or One punch man. I also never hype anything, even if i enjoy the hell out of the anime for example SnK or HxH. But i can tell if something is hyped it means lot of ppl like that series. That's all...
 
Apr 30, 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1613
Shinah said:
yeah, i don't really get the hype. i'm kind of curious too


at least we can finally agree on one thing. this.
 
May 1, 6:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 120
Attack on titans main strong point is the great plot progression. I do agree that most characters are pretty bland, yeah.

But imo plot > characters
 
May 1, 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1509
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.



OT: I haven't watched the show but I know from hearsay that it's simply popcorn flick. It's got cool action and great visuals but not much to offer elsewhere and frankly that's completely fine. Not every show has to expand upon interesting ideas. There are those whose job is to simply entertain and be a decent way to spend time.

Again didn't watch it, so I may not feel this way once I watch it. But that seems to be what the consensus among the seasoned viewers is.
Modified by Orhunaa, May 1, 6:30 AM
 
May 1, 6:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 163
Orhunaa said:
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.

You know, there are people in this thread who are mature about it?
 
May 1, 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1509
nanidatosama97 said:
Orhunaa said:
OP: Hey so I recently watched AoT and I couldn't really see the appeal of the show for X, Y, Z reasons. Could some of you explain what made the show such a fun experience for you? I'd like to see different perspectives.

Repliers: OMG YoU're just ShoVing doWn your Elitism! I cAnT believe tHerE arE pEople wHo caN't haNdle diFferIng oPinioNs!

Man, the irony is real.

You know, there are people in this thread who are mature about it?


Yep, whom this remark is not directed at. Do I have to specifically write 'some repliers' for people to realize I'm not talking about literally everyone with no exception? I really hate this "Not all" argument in every discussion as it can be easily resolved if people had common sense enough to figure out that this nuance was already implied.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

Preview MangaManga Store