Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2019 3:47 PM
Dec 2015
Episode was great as usual, but just a question in regards to Reiner.

It's known that Titans (and lets assume Humans as well) die when penetrated through the nape area. Reiner literally had a blade pierced through his throat but still lived? Althought it's not exactly at the nape per se, it's still very damn close to it and one would expect it to insta-kill especially when it was Levi who struck?

So does this mean Titan-shifters are essentially immortal unless feasted upon by another Titan (e.g. what Grisha did to Freida)?
Apr 28, 2019 3:57 PM

May 2016
As a person coming back to this show primarily for music, Part 2 kills Part 1 by episode one, if not the first track by itself.

The ep itself, average with highlights. Glad Armin is going from a boring pretend-strategist into more of a scout role. The OP's a bit shit. If they stick with the CG for the Collosal Titan, I'm going to be disappointed tbh. Then again, the CG compositing has definitely improved, especially the fpp shot with flying through the gate was kinda awesome.
Apr 28, 2019 3:59 PM

Jun 2015
ISilversmiths said:
saengdao said:
the endings lyrics, if you know what's going to happen this season is immensely sad and the images from previous episodes added onto it for me.
extremely hyped for this season, the first episode had high tension itself.
Don't you think you are spoiling things a bit?

i didn't directly say anything like "oh someone dies", so it isn't spoiling in my opinion. just stating something in the forums that manga readers might see and relate to.
Apr 28, 2019 4:01 PM
Oct 2016
AOT never fails to amaze! What a crazy start!
Apr 28, 2019 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
That new ending will hurt so badly later on, holy crap...
Apr 28, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2015
If I'm being honest, AoT is not a show I look forward to or get hyped for in any way.

Yet every time a new season starts... damn. So so so so good. I'm never left disappointed.

♡ artist
サコ
Apr 28, 2019 4:39 PM
Dec 2010
Levi though with his neck piercing, holy shizzle. Loved the ep, paced very nicely.
Apr 28, 2019 4:41 PM
Oct 2018
Just finished the episode, im breathless..
It deserves 11/10
I got goosebumps on my goosebumps.
Because wow that animation, the way its moving, the ost EVERYTHING is perfect.
Wit studio i love you!
Apr 28, 2019 4:51 PM
Apr 2019
saengdao said:
ISilversmiths said:
Don't you think you are spoiling things a bit?

i didn't directly say anything like "oh someone dies", so it isn't spoiling in my opinion. just stating something in the forums that manga readers might see and relate to.
So you think spoliers need to include names?
ISilversmithsApr 28, 2019 5:20 PM
Apr 28, 2019 4:56 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Damn, this was good. I can’t wait another week.
The OP is great. I like how it mixes the rhymes and lyrics from the previous their OPs.
ED feels generic so far melody wise, but I like the lyrics, they reflect the arc pretty well.
About the episode itself, it felt kinda rushed compared to manga, as many have mentioned. I like those new shadows tho. And the tension built was on spot too.
Apr 28, 2019 4:58 PM

Mar 2018
Levi FAST AS FUCK BOI, little psychopath. I'm going to wait till this is finished airing, didn't enjoy part 1 that much maybe it's better to watch all of it in one go. The pacing in this show is too fast to watch weekly. Not sure about the CGI colossal titan, looks like something out of a shity game. I liked how he looked in season 2 way more
poop
Apr 28, 2019 4:59 PM

Nov 2015
The show only just started, and it did it with a bang!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 28, 2019 5:05 PM
Mar 2019
can anyone explain why Reiner is still alive after being stabbed in the neck by Levi, I really don't understand
Apr 28, 2019 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Lukesterry said:
can anyone explain why Reiner is still alive after being stabbed in the neck by Levi, I really don't understand

There is a explanation next episode, whether you like that explanation is up to you.
Apr 28, 2019 5:12 PM
Jun 2015
Lycophron said:
Levi though with his neck piercing, holy shizzle. Loved the ep, paced very nicely.
He should have gone for the head tho. XD
Apr 28, 2019 5:13 PM

May 2015
Can always count on AoT to be hype as fuck. One of the only shows that I feel has stayed consistently good from the very beginning.

Apr 28, 2019 5:13 PM

Jan 2019
Lukesterry said:

W123 said:
Episode was great as usual, but just a question in regards to Reiner.

It's known that Titans (and lets assume Humans as well) die when penetrated through the nape area. Reiner literally had a blade pierced through his throat but still lived? Althought it's not exactly at the nape per se, it's still very damn close to it and one would expect it to insta-kill especially when it was Levi who struck?

So does this mean Titan-shifters are essentially immortal unless feasted upon by another Titan (e.g. what Grisha did to Freida)?

its because reiner is the plot armored titan

jk
minor spoiler as to why
Apr 28, 2019 5:25 PM

Nov 2017
Good looking episode! Really interesting so far. Thr team heads to the town where it all began. I must say it’s quite a shcok to see it all now after so many years. Everything untouched and rotten away since the evasion. The moment Armin mentioned the hiding inside the walls, I knew that had to be it. And suddenly they did find the hole. Reiner didn’t hold back and killed instantly. Looks like there’s gonna be some titan wars next episode, a big one. What a cliffhanger. Also nice ED.

plz @ me
Apr 28, 2019 5:26 PM
Feb 2009
let's goooooo it's finally here!!!
Apr 28, 2019 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
The OP is meh and the ED is okay. Holy crap that last part was fucking hype.
AxelucardApr 29, 2019 7:41 AM
Apr 28, 2019 5:34 PM

May 2015
Axelucard said:
The OP is meh and the ED is okay. Holy crap that lzst part was fucking hype.

Agree about the Ed. I found the OP to be pretty awful, especially considering how good last arcs was. All in all it was a good first episode
Apr 28, 2019 5:55 PM

Jan 2009
Didn't like the OP to be honest, it didn't rhyme well and felt like they were trying to bring back Gurren no Yumiya.
The episode though is pretty good, I'm glad they got right into the action since it's gonna be only 10 episodes.
Apr 28, 2019 6:11 PM
Apr 2019
I'm happy. I love when people support Armin, who is highly intelligent, but has such a low self esteem. Someone like Erwin shutting everyone up and making them listen to Armin is the EXACT kind of boost that Armin needs.

I like Mikasa's new face; she looks a lot like Levi now. I hope her personality is less flat in the upcoming episodes.

Levi ran. Down. A. Wall. 😍😍😍

Can't wait for next week. I do wish the episodes were longer, but I'll be patient...
Apr 28, 2019 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
New op o/ it's good though I did really like Red Swan.
This will actually be the firs time I watch an anime that I've read the manga for first so I'm excited to see how it's adapted. I was waiting on the throat stab, Reiner is having a bad day. Also, I don't know if it's cause it's been awhile since I watched the other seasons but the animation quality for this episode was really good, better than I remember at least. In all, I loved it. I'm ready to watch the shit hit the fan.
Apr 28, 2019 6:28 PM

Dec 2015
Motherfuckers lmao. That cliffhanger was too good. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the arc animated.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 28, 2019 6:37 PM
May 2016
SSTHZero said:
Well, let's enjoy the last good part of Shingeki no Kyojin! The series commits suicide after this part.

That's a funny way of saying the series skyrockets in terms of quality. When chapter 100 gets animated this series will become legendary.
Apr 28, 2019 6:44 PM

Jan 2015
I can't get enough of this anime
Apr 28, 2019 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
held off from reading and getting spoiled for so long pretty much going in for the rest of this ride blind, i only hope the nightmare the last season end tease comes to light

episode started slow but got wild near the end i don't know how their gonna do it i bet the basement secret is finally gonna come out being their trump card "Kappa" who am i kidding

also felt very nostalgic due to the flash backs and music it's been like 6 years since this all started huh
Apr 28, 2019 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
Starting off strong with the new OP and a vocal remix to the OG song "Attack on Titan" towards the end. The last good arc of this series in my opinion, hoping they do it all just right. Also, all hail Hiroyuki Sawano and his godly compositions.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 28, 2019 7:06 PM

Dec 2015
Am I the only one wondering how their hood can stay on their head despite their moves ? I mean mine is dropping all the time whenever there's a gust of wind and theirs barely moves even while moving vertically at high speed, should give me their trick
Apr 28, 2019 7:08 PM
Jul 2015
Great first episode.
OP sucks though, like what's up with the song? You know how Linked Horizon's OP's are great as OPs but then you listen to the entire song and it's just really empty and messy the rest of the time? Yeah, that's pretty much this song.
I get they're trying to combine all their OPs for AoT, but it aint working out great.
At least it's not the previous part's OP.
Apr 28, 2019 7:12 PM
Jan 2016
DAMN, SNK IS FINALY BACK!

Good introduction for a first episode, the uncertain atmosphere was really well executed, i was all episode affraid of what would happen, and guess what, it finished with a fuckin CLIFHANGER, i am so hyped for next episode! SNK always impress me!

Great mind Armin, you predicted the unpredicable!

OP and ED were nice!
Apr 28, 2019 7:21 PM
May 2016
I love the opening and ending songs, its a great episode for me :)

Apr 28, 2019 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
WOHOOW! This is it!
overly splendid episode!
Linked Horizon performing again the OP! and SUSUME word won't disappear in the lyrics!
The staff really don't have time to waste and immediately went into extreme intense feelings!
Eren shaking and being pussy scared again as usual!
Armin is their greatest weapon! you're damn right yo Erwin!
LOL Armin has now authority and is now commanding them all! such a badass moment!
Damn Levi was so wicked sick impaling Reiner thru and thru his neck! but damn! he is such a tank and didn't even finish him-off! but so close! DAMN!
Ape sh!t is here! real threat mode incoming!
until before the ED roll the OST is truly EPIC!
9999/5!!! HAHA

SnK Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion is just like 3, 2, 1...GO! lolz
matias067Apr 28, 2019 7:28 PM

Apr 28, 2019 7:24 PM

Oct 2015
Glad it's back!

I see Mikasa is still Eren's lapdog, oh God I've lost respect long ago for that girl. I remember thinking when I first started watching this series "she's badass and I love her, but as I watch her further I think she's lame and only exist to be Eren's armor. She doesn't grow or has her own will, she depends on Eren too much. Unlike Armin who seemed to have grown and is starting to show initiative in the squad, judging by that discovery. I'm really proud of him a lot and the way he encouraged Eren there and also took command. I just hope he doesn't die later on!

I watch this series for the titans, interested on how they came to be and why. I also watch it for Reiner/Bertholdt, Ange, Monkey titan, the thrill and most of all Levi. Now that is one cool and greatest of all time character.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 28, 2019 7:31 PM

Sep 2018
Awesome episode ...really loved it. That ED is 🔥, OP is decent as well. I'm hyped.
Apr 28, 2019 7:43 PM

Feb 2018
Finally it started Im so hyped for this and the episode didnt disappoint, also the new op is fire

The weekly wait will be hell for this one
Apr 28, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2016
Normally It's too early to decide how the ride will go ... but this is an instant 10/10
Apr 28, 2019 8:26 PM

May 2014
The hype train is here! I'm looking forward to seeing some epic fights down the line.
Apr 28, 2019 8:35 PM

Feb 2019
Armin wasting half the first episode! "Go check the walls... Nothing? Go back and tap them, slowly..."

Nonetheless it looks great! First episodes on any season are always slow so they can save the budget for the climax.
Apr 28, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2015
Amazing start. This will definitely be most people's favourite season of the anime.
Apr 28, 2019 9:12 PM

Jun 2015
ISilversmiths said:
saengdao said:

So you think spoliers need to include names?

well i apologize, but remember the type of anime this is, death and sadness is lingering all around it. that's all i have to comment.
Apr 28, 2019 9:26 PM

Oct 2018
A refresher recap on the first half, while 2nd half began the hype.

Damn those foreshadowings really are on point, "something like black tea", then Armin commanding.

Such fast reaction from Levi, though wasn't enough to knock down Reiner.

Reiner vs Eren round 2 next episode!!! Hype

OP and ED, seems like amalgamation of events from previous seasons.
Apr 28, 2019 9:34 PM
Apr 2018
Considering how much SnK is going to change after this arc i feel like this OP is like a culmination of all that's happened so far. It seems fitting, I like it.
Apr 28, 2019 9:34 PM

Oct 2012
Amazing -- and most people here are only talking about the OP and ED. Love the chess game between the two sides and although the military were expecting some resistance they got a lot more than they expected. It's gonna be a great season!
Apr 28, 2019 9:45 PM

Dec 2015
I've just watched this episode after watching that dogshit episode of Game of Thrones, and i'm glad to say it saved my night, i'm so happy Shingeki it's finally back.
I love how Erwin knows how much Armin is valuable and important for the mission, this is,indeed, a thing that real leaders have naturally, and the Beast Titan appearing in the end of it, omg, got me so damn hyped for the next episode, can't wait for it already!
Apr 28, 2019 9:55 PM

Jan 2019
Modernoir said:
SSTHZero said:
Well, let's enjoy the last good part of Shingeki no Kyojin! The series commits suicide after this part.

That's a funny way of saying the series skyrockets in terms of quality. When chapter 100 gets animated this series will become legendary.

i cant wait for that day jesus..

i hope we get more Attack on Titan after this... they better announce Season 4 immediately after ep 10
Apr 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Feb 2017
here it comes the climax of the story.
they took a break to made this, so i hope it really better than s2 and s3 pt1.
directing is in point in this ep.

for anyone whining about the ED, it is better we got out of context ED than a spoiler ED, we already got too hype OP it almost like a spoiler (it is not, because we just get a punch scene and we know these guys gonna fight at the ending of last season).

i remember dropping a romance anime because the OP spoils and make me lose interest.
evonieeApr 28, 2019 10:22 PM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 28, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 2018
thiago52192 said:
HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT!

The fact that this episode made me so tense without a single fight already show how awesome the rest of the Season is gonna be. Also, Sawano just made my favorite ost of all time better.

And finally, I'm actually happy that, even for a short time, SNK is having a fair score on MAL

I second this , visuals and music are top notch . and we have to wait a week FUCK .
Apr 28, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2012
That was an excellent episode, what a way for AoT to return.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.