Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2019 11:30 PM

Jun 2015
How is it? I haven't started on any of them cause of exams. So is it any good? Which one should I check out after my exams?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 27, 2019 11:39 PM

Aug 2017
I'm watching over 10 shows this season and I recommend Kimetsu no Yaiba and Sarazanmai over the others
Apr 27, 2019 11:49 PM

Oct 2018
Kimetsu no Yaiba and Carole & Tuesday are probably the ones you want to look at most if you like the genres/synopsis for them.

Fruits Basket, Kenja no Mago, We Never Learn, Senko-san, and Hitoribocchi are all really fun if you like the genres for those.

YU-NO could be pretty interesting I think it just needs quite a few more episodes before I make a call on it.
Gr8HornedOwlApr 27, 2019 11:54 PM
Apr 27, 2019 11:59 PM

Aug 2017
Gr8HornedOwl said:
Kimetsu no Yaiba and Carole & Tuesday YU-NO could be pretty interesting I think it just needs quite a few more episodes before I make a call on it.

YU-NO sure has a good synopsis but, by the end of episode 4, I feel so bored watching it. Unless it gets better, I strongly disrcommend it.
I guess the poorly written fansubs I read don't/won't help
Apr 28, 2019 12:03 AM

Feb 2019
I'd recommend Sarazanmai, Carole & Tuesday, Fruits Basket and Kono Oto Tomare!. Kimetsu no Yaiba seems promising, but I didn't watch it yet
Apr 28, 2019 12:06 AM
Nov 2018
I mean that's pretty subjective depending on preferences you're probably better off just scrolling through the seasonals page and skimming through the summaries/looking at the covers

Anyways, the only shows out of the ones I've checked out that I'd recommend is Carole & Tuesday and Fruits Basket (2019) (I haven't watched the original Fruits Basket)
CabooseGIApr 28, 2019 12:10 AM
Apr 28, 2019 12:57 AM

Dec 2015
From the airing ones I'm watching all besides Kimetsu no Yaiba and Dororo (leftover) are good andd I hope they stay good. Kimetsu no Yaiba had a good episode 1 and 4, less good episodes 2,3. I fear it might get less good again.

Then we have Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) next season starting soon with hopefully the the usual adaption quality and another good arc upcoming.

Carol & Tuesday is strongest so far. Good director + studio + original work combo.
Apr 28, 2019 3:47 AM

Apr 2017
So far I have four good shows to watch this season, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Carole & Tuesday, Kono Oto Tomare and Fruits Basket (2019). Shingeki no Kyojin season 4 part 2 is coming out tomorrow as well.
Apr 28, 2019 3:49 AM

Dec 2017
senko san is best anime for this season, if you want some moe.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 28, 2019 3:54 AM

Jan 2019
well attack on titan is gonna start today
and kimetsu no yaiba is decent enough
so yeah

i think carol and tuesday is pretty good, havent seen it yet tho
and many were looking forward to fruits basket too, havent seen that either
Apr 28, 2019 6:26 AM
Jan 2019
Dont bother with anything this season execpt demon slayer and opm(haven't watched carole and tuesday)
Apr 28, 2019 6:41 AM

Jan 2016
There's not really anything that stands out as "exceptional" to me, but there's a decent number of shows that I would say are worth a shot.

Kono oto Tomare is a very solid character drama. If you tend to like character drama stories, try the first episode and see if it grabs you, I know it did me. I just wish the production was better here....

Kimetsu no Yaiba is a pretty good shonen action series. Not too much to say here, if you are at least neutral towards shonen action, you'll probably like this, if you don't generally like it, not sure this is good enough to overcome that.

Hitoribocchi is a cute entry in the "anti-social awkwardness" camp that has some decent heartwarming and funny moments. (I personally can't watch this because I cringe way too easily, but it does seem legitimately good, so will mention)

Fruits Basket is so far an enjoyable romance with a decent mystery behind it and some enjoyable character interactions. Shows the source materials age a bit in some aspects, but still quite enjoying it.

Senryuu Shoujo is the sort of show you just find too precious for words. It's a short, but if you want something just adorable and heartwarming, it's a good pick

Senko-san is a decently comfy "wish-fulfillment" of the adult, in the sense that it's about someone coming to care for them and just nurture them, but is heartwarming enough. Although stand on that line of "this is cute" and "this is creepy", although at least its aware of that.

And finally, want to mention MIX, which is a kind of hard series to describe and I'm still not sure if I fully recommend yet, but I'm liking it. It's a VERY slow start and despite being a sports series, so far it's actually pretty laid back in comparison to most others, but definitely has a certain charm to it.

Note: Have not watched Carole & Tuesday or Sarazanmai, the former because I'm just going to wait for Netflix to upload it (and was already watching too much this season), the latter because I don't want to watch an Ikuhara show week by week
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 28, 2019 7:29 AM

May 2012
I recommend these anime

One Punch Man 2nd Season (best anime of the season so far, not counting attack on titan cause it did not aired yet)

Kimetsu no Yaiba (it is good, but not as good as people make it though)

Kenja no Mago (Another good Isekai. I recommend this if you like Isekai anime)

Carole & Tuesday

Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO (this has the potential to get better later. It ok now, but I feel it will get much better later. It is 26 episodes)

I do not recommend these

Kono Oto Tomare! (another trash school anime about kids create new club. Very boring

Fruit Basket (no idea what people like about this. It is average at most)

thepathApr 28, 2019 7:36 AM
Apr 28, 2019 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
im watching kimetsu no kaiba and robihachi, kaiba is pretty good. ill start fairy garden when more eps come out
Apr 28, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2018
This season?
I actually was pretty disappointed since there isnt much to watch for me.
One Punch Man S2 seems to be way more interesting than S1 (i didnt liked S1) and there seems to be a hint of an actual story insteadof Saitama smashing people with his rick.

Kimetsu no Yaiba had a really good start and the mc is really atractive. But aside from the amazing animation it hasnt improved that much from it. But it has 26 episodes so it has a shit ton of potential.

Aside from the 3 shows of asocial girls interacting with others (3!!!!!!!) there is self insert, wish fullfillment and some shoujo so yeah if you dont care about that stuff you might like those other shows.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Apr 28, 2019 8:29 AM

Sep 2018
I'm not watching much ...have already dropped a few shows. My fav so far this season is kimetsu no yaiba. Also isekai quartet is okaish.
Apr 28, 2019 8:44 AM

Jul 2017
There's a lot of shorts this season for sure. Out of them Senryuu Shoujo is probably the best, but the comedy can be pretty underwhelming at times (especially since this is a pretty straight man type of humor). Isekai Quartet is also pretty enjoyable to watch

Out of the proper length seasonals, my vote would go for BSD S3. Carole & Tuesday I heard good things so that might also be a good shout. FB is pretty good and has some nice visuals, Kono Oto Tomare has way too much drama so early on tbh (although the most recent ep was definitely an improvement) and Kimestsu is pretty good although the tone shifts are pretty weird ngl

Apr 28, 2019 8:51 AM
May 2016
Ricochet2000 said:
Dont bother with anything this season execpt demon slayer and opm(haven't watched carole and tuesday)

He/she wanted good anime this season
Apr 28, 2019 8:59 AM

Aug 2018
I'm watching almost every single show this season and the ones I personally recommend are Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fruits Basket (2019), Carole and Tuesday (my personal fav), Hitoribocchi, and Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai.

If you want a shorter show - watch Ao-chan Can't Study!

If you want a weird ass show with a bit of gay stuff in it - Sarazanmai

Maybe Senko-san if you want some relaxation too.
Apr 28, 2019 9:15 AM
Jan 2019
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
Ricochet2000 said:

He/she wanted good anime this season
I'm recommending decent ones from the trash do you think kenjo no mago or any other show is better than these 2 so far
Apr 28, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
I haven't watched any of this season's anime myself, so I'm here lurking at other people's opinions :P

I was a little bit hesitant about Carole & Tuesday, but the animation looks pretty.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Apr 28, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2018
I'm watching OPM, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Sarazanmai, Senko-san & Bungou Stray Dogs.
Apr 28, 2019 2:44 PM
Nov 2018
zagzee said:

watch ato 3.5 and jojo : golden experience
Apr 28, 2019 2:49 PM

Oct 2018
Tripl3R said:
zagzee said:

I haven't seen any of the prequels. I tried watching JoJos but it got boring really quick.
Apr 28, 2019 2:59 PM
Nov 2018
zagzee said:
Tripl3R said:

I haven't seen any of the prequels. I tried watching JoJos but it got boring really quick.

Ba ba ba ba BAKAANA! what ep were you on?
Apr 28, 2019 3:10 PM
Jan 2018
Carole & Tuesday might be generally agreed to be the best one so far.

Fruits Basket is enjoyable.

Sarazanmai is super weird and enjoyable.

Mix is slow, but is pretty good, and my personal favorite from this season.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is standard shounen with beautiful animation.

Watch the sequels if you already saw the prequels (OPM2, AOT3.5, BSD3, DnA:II).

7 Seeds hasn't premiered yet; looks promising, though.

Avoid the rest (Especially Fairy Gone; it might look interesting, but it isn't).

(Dunno about the movies)
Apr 28, 2019 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
Anime that i think is enough enjoyable:
Kimetsu no yaiba;
bungo stray dogs
Kenja no mago( i think will have decent battles, and i hope it)
one punch man, wich isnt so bad like we thinked
Snk
Apr 28, 2019 3:23 PM

Sep 2014
I recommend you Fairy Gone since you're an intellectual with good taste.
Apr 28, 2019 3:44 PM
Sep 2018
carole and tuuesday is the best this seasons has got so far (i would even consider it AOTY), kimetsu no yaiba is amazing as well as hitoribocchi. OPM s2 is getting better as well and the animation is improving.
Apr 29, 2019 12:43 AM

Oct 2008
Some I will watch eventually are

Gunjou no Magmel
Shoumetsu Toshi
Kono oto tomare
Kimetsu no yaiba

I binge watch anime after they finish airing. So I have seen apart from "Tate no Yuusha and Dororo all other anime from the winter season, that I cared about.
Apr 29, 2019 11:25 AM

May 2018
There is only one good new show this season - Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki.
Apr 29, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2017
Idk I don't really watch seasonals but I can imagine that SNK S3 part 2 is going to be the most nut inducing anime to ever air.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 4 hours ago

22 by MillerEvans23 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you update the rating of anime you've already finished before? Is it an upgrade or downgrade usually?

Rinrinka - Apr 14

31 by 5hadow17 »»
5 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

188 by ColourWheel »»
17 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

125 by ColourWheel »»
24 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 2 hours ago

12 by Sigma- »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.