Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion

Apr 30, 1:07 AM
Specimen021 said:
More than anything, this episode showed me that, when it comes to great, memorable, stylish anime soundtracks, Kajiura is still the first person to talk to.
I've been worried about that for a few years now, but this is a return to form if I've ever seen one.

Not to rain on your parade, but Go Shiina is the main composer of this series.

Apr 30, 1:16 AM

Boplek said:
Specimen021 said:
More than anything, this episode showed me that, when it comes to great, memorable, stylish anime soundtracks, Kajiura is still the first person to talk to.
I've been worried about that for a few years now, but this is a return to form if I've ever seen one.

Not to rain on your parade, but Go Shiina is the main composer of this series.

I'm aware, but with particular tracks, I like to think I can distinguish between the two.

Apr 30, 1:30 AM

So, since demons gain energy by devouring humans, Nezuko might be weak for not having devoured any human before? that's the only reason I found to explain her comatose state.

Four chapters so far and I can say it's an ok serie I pretty enjoy. Aside from its productive values there's nothing so outstanding, but nothing bad actually, it's an average shounen with potential and a promising development. Tanjiro is fine as MC, at least he's not a screamer boy or a crybaby so he's pretty tolerable and relatable, and Nezuko is cute as fuck, I just hope for her to become an actual character and not a plot device or a damsel in distress.

Also, can we stop pretending a serie is a masterpiece just because its productive values? Controversies aside, Ufotable usually brings good animation qualities, not so perfect but good in general (I don't think it deserves so much unjustified love and hate), but that's not the only requirement to judge a serie IMO.

"Deadly and sexy—a winning combination, wouldn't you say?"

—Ringabel

Apr 30, 1:47 AM

Rhapsody- said:
Also, can we stop pretending a serie is a masterpiece just because its productive values? Controversies aside, Ufotable usually brings good animation qualities, not so perfect but good in general (I don't think it deserves so much unjustified love and hate), but that's not the only requirement to judge a serie IMO.

Musaigen no Phantom World, Touken Ranbu, Tales of Zestiria and many others have the same production quality of Kimetsu no Yaiba, yet they are not considered masterpieces. So I think your point is not valid, ‘cause if an anime is all visuals but nothing more than that, it’s just trash for the mayority, even with pretty visuals. Kimetsu no Yaiba on the other side is appreciated by many. Soo, why is that?
Modified by Xenocrisi, Apr 30, 1:57 AM

Apr 30, 3:10 AM

Xenocrisi said:
Rhapsody- said:

Musaigen no Phantom World, Touken Ranbu, Tales of Zestiria and many others have the same production quality of Kimetsu no Yaiba, yet they are not considered masterpieces. So I think your point is not valid, ‘cause if an anime is all visuals but nothing more than that, it’s just trash for the mayority, even with pretty visuals. Kimetsu no Yaiba on the other side is appreciated by many. Soo, why is that?

Indeed, when a serie is bad as those you mentioned, people know it, but when the serie is not that bad or it's actually decent and has that gorgeous animation, a lot of people point it out as better that it actually is just because its productive values. That's my point.

Fate, Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Boku no Hero Academia, Violet Evergarden and now this, for example. I'm not saying they're bad (well, my opinion about Fate and Violet is another discussion topic), but people tend to overestimate them for those aspects. Just look at some posts in this thread calling the serie a masterpiece JUST BECAUSE it's produced by Ufotable = Godlike animation.
Modified by Rhapsody-, Apr 30, 3:21 AM
"Deadly and sexy—a winning combination, wouldn't you say?"

—Ringabel

Apr 30, 3:29 AM

Rhapsody- said:
Xenocrisi said:

Indeed, when a serie is bad as those you mentioned, people know it, but when the serie is not that bad or it's actually decent and has that gorgeous animation, a lot of people point it out as better that it actually is just because its productive values. That's my point.

Fate, Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Boku no Hero Academia, Violet Evergarden and now this, for example. I'm not saying they're bad (well, my opinion about Fate and Violet is another discussion), but people tend to overestimate them for those aspects. Just look at some posts in this thread calling the serie a masterpiece JUST BECAUSE it's produced by Ufotable = Godlike animation.

That’s definitely true, visuals make KnY a whole lot better, but that’s the point I guess. Firstly, anime is about animation, so of course that’s the first thing people want to praise about. Secondly, this is a battle shounen, which means that most of the scenes are action ones, and of course if that’s one of the main points of the series, KnY appears more enjoyable. Honestly I agree with you, people overestimated this episode a lot IMO. I would have never expected a near 90% 5/5 of “loved it”, as I consider the first 14 chapters of the manga the worst ones. I’m not saying that this is bad by any means tho, as I’ve got to say, that Ufotable is truly doing an outstanding job with this one, and this is one of the rare cases when the anime is better than the manga (at least in my opinion). But well, if people are loving this series so much just let them be. Honestly I’m following KnY more for the plot and not for the visuals (I mean also lol but yeah) that’s why I said I would have never expected a 90%.
Modified by Xenocrisi, Apr 30, 3:34 AM

Apr 30, 5:24 AM
RayReynolds said:
annoying and screamer boy like Asta seeks revenge and starts training to be a brute man at the point of effort and pain.
nah, atleast my boy tanjirou does not yell "I want to become a magic king, Number 1 hero, Hokage and the pirate king" in every freaking arc.

Naruto stopped saying that in Shippuden, just to be worried about Sasuke lol

Apr 30, 5:45 AM
Just started this show. The animation is so clean and eyecatching.
The art and sound is perfect. Although it's started a bit weak for me, it's definitely got a lot better.

Apr 30, 7:24 AM
This Anime had a good chance of becoming a masterpiece! Easily the best new show this season!

Apr 30, 12:16 PM

Seeing how good the action is so early on gets me hyped af for the insane fights that are to come. Great episode and adaptation as always.

Apr 30, 11:43 PM
The fight in this episode gave me goosebumps! I can't wait to watch more!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 1, 5:42 AM

Great episode! I can't wait for the next one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 1, 9:12 AM

The animations are so good. As expected from ufotable. Looking forward to the rest of this show.
"Hurting people won't help you regain your pride!"-Sawada Tsunayoshi

May 1, 4:25 PM
The Animation for his Water Slash is freaking amazing, it looks so damn nice and finally, his training paid off. I knew it that those kids were dead :( R.I.P

May 2, 4:24 AM
Oh man, the water slashes are artistic af. I love this show...

May 2, 1:44 PM

FIVE urt o Forve, cause I love this shit.

May 2, 4:30 PM

demon in his final moments is probably thinking "i messed up BAD"

May 2, 4:58 PM
ProxyLain said:
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
This anime is a disappointment, a bad written trash

ProxyLain said:
How did the "soul" appear?

Breh, it's a fantasy world filled with demons and Demon hunters, is it too much work for you to believe that spirits can exist in it as well?! Spirits are prominent in Japanese folklore as well, and so are demons. No shit the anime is gonna have both...

ProxyLain said:
and why only him?

Because the way the demon was talking about them made it seem that they were the last of Urokodaki's disciples to take the test, and the only one after them would be Tanjiro...

ProxyLain said:
and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.

And what about the Hunter's Exam from Hunter x Hunter eh? Y'know, the examination that can LITERALLY FUCKING KILL YOU if you're not well prepared. How is this any different...

May 2, 7:38 PM

BTW, the way he cuts by seeing "lines" reminds me of Tsukihime's MC Shiki...

LOL
Nothing Here

May 2, 7:57 PM
I can’t even describe how amazing this episode was. The action was superb and the animation was amazing. Can’t wait to see what happens next. You go tanjirou!

May 2, 8:14 PM

what a gruesome death for the girl

her arms and legs torn off, i didn't expect it to go that far.

May 2, 9:40 PM
poor kids; they were cursed without knowing it, all because someone wants revenge against the person who trained them. it's great that Tanjiro's found his footing & knows how to fight demons now.

May 3, 12:10 AM

Such awesomeness this episode it was another perfect creation!
So Sabito & Makomo were previous disciples of Urokodaki, too bad they didn't pass the Final Selection!
At least Tanjirou ended the cycle of continuous disciple murderer of that abomination ass creature! that creature's existence was purely revolting!
Wow so Tanjirou already able to manifest his katana-water-flow technique or something? lolz! i wanna see that water dragon from OP! it's gonna be hype!
5/5.

May 3, 5:13 PM

OOoooh boy looks like i've found myself a good anime :)
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.

May 4, 2:04 AM
ProxyLain said:
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
ProxyLain said:

Why the souls appeared? Cause the manga is tagged supernatural
Why only Tanjirou? First, who knows if they also appear for Urokodaki and other ppl? And it's probably bcause Tanjirou is another one of Urokodaki's students.
Why didn't Urokodaki kill the demon? Bcause his job is to capture it for the sake of the final selection, not to kill.
And what's wrong with making the mountain a place for final selection? All those demon are trapped on the upper part, they can't go down and harm anyone.
Why testing in a place that has demons? Because they are to become demon hunters, not mere survivers. They hold there blades to go and kill, not only to defend themselves against demons. How can they beat stronger demons if they can't even deal with the weaklings?

May 5, 2:33 AM
Omg what a Tanjiro we see this episode. This anime is having a 10/10 art.
I hope this exciting trend will be in the rest of the story.

May 5, 10:52 AM

I guess this demon just wasn't handy enough.

May 5, 6:45 PM
awesome finally know what happened to Sabito and Makomo

May 6, 9:10 AM

It was nice to see that filthy demon getting decapitated. Looks like his training did him well and that he's going to avenge his master's other pupils.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

May 9, 7:15 PM
1. Tanjiro would have left his hair long. It looked more cool.
2. It was very sad to know that Sabito and Makomo had passed away 😞.
3. Are "wisteria" for demons as garlic is for vampires? xD.
4. 8:43 minutes. Are these girls the personification of Jing and Yang?
5. Did Tanjiro inherit Urokodaki's sword? Great!
6. 47 years? Assuming that Urukodaki hunted that demon at age 15, he would be around 63 or 64 years old 😯.
7. Damned demon! He devoured 50 children, among them 13 disciples of Urukodaki. I wonder why Urokodaki did not avenge his disciples.
8. The demon was right, the fox mask had nothing special (apparently).
9. Damn! If Tabito's sword had not been broken, at this point in history, it would be very strong.
10. Tanjiro has improved his abilities and abilities in an incredible way. The thread he perceives when fighting is proof of that. His training yielded great results 😀.
Also, I'm surprised by the hardness of his head 😅. I think that after this Tanjiro will easily approve the demon hunting test 💪.
11. I would have liked them to explain why Tanjiro's sword could acquire the technique of an element such as water.
Anyway, I loved this episode. I will not stop saying it, this anime is one of the great jewels of this season.

May 9, 7:34 PM

THAT WAS EPIC. Awesome animation, it's a shame OPM fell so hard on this!

May 9, 7:55 PM
WolfDFireLeo said:
1. Tanjiro would have left his hair long. It looked more cool.
2. It was very sad to know that Sabito and Makomo had passed away 😞.
3. Are "wisteria" for demons as garlic is for vampires? xD.
4. 8:43 minutes. Are these girls the personification of Jing and Yang?
5. Did Tanjiro inherit Urokodaki's sword? Great!
6. 47 years? Assuming that Urukodaki hunted that demon at age 15, he would be around 63 or 64 years old 😯.
7. Damned demon! He devoured 50 children, among them 13 disciples of Urukodaki. I wonder why Urokodaki did not avenge his disciples.
8. The demon was right, the fox mask had nothing special (apparently).
9. Damn! If Tabito's sword had not been broken, at this point in history, it would be very strong.
10. Tanjiro has improved his abilities and abilities in an incredible way. The thread he perceives when fighting is proof of that. His training yielded great results 😀.
Also, I'm surprised by the hardness of his head 😅. I think that after this Tanjiro will easily approve the demon hunting test 💪.
11. I would have liked them to explain why Tanjiro's sword could acquire the technique of an element such as water.
Anyway, I loved this episode. I will not stop saying it, this anime is one of the great jewels of this season.

It's not the element of water, it's just watery-sword style. not actual water/nobody gets wet. His sword flows like water if you know what I mean. It's like a form of 'martial art' for swords.

May 12, 11:46 PM

Ok you just can't introduce a cute loli in one episode and tell me she already passed away in the next one.

May 13, 1:13 PM
Really liked the pace of this episode. Personally I didnt feel like they rushed the training.

May 16, 7:23 AM

I had my suspicions, they were dead after all, huh, and they even said that other children watch him all the time, I can't help but link his sense of smell to all of this. I guess that's going to be his thing maybe? He did also see his family after they were dead too.
I'm can't stress out enough how much I love this creepy demonic soundtrack that plays at every dangerous moment.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]