Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Tanjirou cut his hair. I was just getting used to it too in this anime.

Good to see some new characters introduced this episode including the Ubuyashiki family. It sure didn't take long for him to put
his training to test though. The monster he faced this episode is absolutely hideous, even more than some of the others he's faced so far.

Action was good and Tanjirou's training did pay off after all. Cool.
Apr 27, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2017
MAL is back!

Well, not good as the last episode.

Still, I think that Tanjirou's training is a bit rushed.

But at least we know how Sabito and Makomo died.

Disgusting demon lmao.
NurguburuApr 28, 2019 8:15 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 27, 2019 8:41 AM

Jan 2015
Final Selection!

Stunning visuals, truly. The action was superb, not to mention the Breath of Water! Like, oh my god yes Ufotable give me more.
Tanjirou sure is a crybaby lol

Pile O’ Hands looked terrifying, and that scene in which he went crazy...wow so bloody

XenocrisiApr 27, 2019 8:53 AM
Apr 27, 2019 9:25 AM

Dec 2016
Seem like they added some minor stuff and move the flashback around a little, nothing major, it just something i notice while watching.
Apr 27, 2019 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Action sequences are absolutely fantastic and I love the way Tanjuro's water style is being animated. :D

Damn, that imagery of Sabito and Makomo being brutally killed by that demon. :(
Glad that Tanjuro was able to take him down. :D

Am I correct in assuming there will be users of other elemental sword arts given that Tanjuro is water? Cause I am so looking forward to seeing more of these fight sequences animated. xD
Lelouch0202Apr 27, 2019 9:38 AM
Apr 27, 2019 9:39 AM

Feb 2018
Tanjirou's attacks look so freakin cool. Man that last demon was disgusting though
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Apr 27, 2019 9:50 AM
Aug 2017
This episode was REALLY GOOD. The animations for the Special moves were great and the fights in genereal was soo goodd!
Enjoying the artstyle thus far aswell :D
Apr 27, 2019 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Good thing Tanjirou was able to defeat that last demon. All his tough training is paying off.

Apr 27, 2019 9:51 AM

Jun 2016
Sabito and Makomo died in really fucked up ways but at least that demon got what he deserved now thanks to Tanjiro.
Overall it was a good episode, and he animation and effects were on point too. Even if Zenitsu appeared only for seconds it already made me happy
Apr 27, 2019 9:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
His sense of spell sure gave him a unique advantage. Its nice to see that Tanjiro managed to pass into Final selection. Hmm so it was indeed as it was hinted in that Sabito and Makomo were actually ghosts. So the demons are affected by the flowers huh thats kinda surprising. Interesting in that how the final selection is essentially a survival test. Funny in how even demons have turf wars as well. Still the first real fight that Tanjiro had against those two demons sure was a tense one. That morph demon though while appearing strong sure was gross. Still perhaps it was fate that allowed Tanjiro to meet him as it gave him the chance to face Sabito and Makomo's killer. While the fight against it was awesome the insight offered by Sabito and Makomo about the enemy also served to make the fight more interesting as well. Can't wait to see how this battle goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
I wish he didnt cut his hair off ..it looked so much cooler when it was long ..waow ..the trees were drawn perfectly they were looking so pretty...the animation is great ..
Apr 27, 2019 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Aaaahhh, the animation is so clean,

Also, the reason he can see ghosts and spirits and such is because of
Apr 27, 2019 10:28 AM
Aug 2017
It's getting really interesting!
Apr 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode,animation and music were amazing i got chills at the end..
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 27, 2019 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
huh so everyone has a scar, I wonder if it is simply because that's a fucked up world or if there is something special, like a chosen mark.
Apr 27, 2019 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
The Final Selection is no joke. That demon was all kinds of evil... totally creeped me out.
Apr 27, 2019 10:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Action sequences and art are nothing short of spectacular. Really enjoying this series!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2019 10:54 AM

Apr 2019
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
This anime is a disappointment, a bad written trash
Apr 27, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Really Brilliant Episode

Everything from visual to action was top notch

Apr 27, 2019 11:01 AM

Mar 2017
Fuuuuck! That was so amazing! The combat scenes in this anime are so awesome and i love how vibrant and stylistic the art is!

That part about Sabito & Makomo broke my heart! I hope they're in the anime more cause i really like them!

Seriously though, I can already tell this is gonna be one of my fav anime of the year!

I'm a little bit disappointed though... why the fuck did Tanjirou cut his hair?! It was so beautiful wen it was long!
Apr 27, 2019 11:01 AM
Jan 2017
Yooo what a great episode holy shitttt.soundtrack,tactics, animation everything is great thx ufotableee šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„
Apr 27, 2019 11:09 AM

Jun 2016
no wonder this episode so amazing like usually because what ??
this anime develop by UFOTABLE !!!
Apr 27, 2019 11:25 AM
Jun 2015
ProxyLain said:
how did the "soul" of the two dead children appear pro tanjirou? And why only for him?
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head, and why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
I agree. But still better than trashademia. At least the MC ain't gay for his sensei
Apr 27, 2019 11:39 AM

Aug 2008
Another episode with gorgeous ost and animation. That wisteria path looked so beautiful. The breath animation looked amazing too.
Those kids met quite a gruesome ending. I guess since none of his students came back, he never got to know which demon killed them, maybe?
princessnightApr 27, 2019 11:45 AM
Apr 27, 2019 11:44 AM

Dec 2018
Exactly, the combat scenes were super amazing.
I was super baffled when they told us about the death of Sabio and Makomo.
Damn, I can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 27, 2019 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Why can't the sister pull the thing in her mouth out? Her hands aren't even tied
Apr 27, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2017
Some of the best combat animations I've seen :o I love it

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Apr 27, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2018
ProxyLain said:
why test you in a place that has Demons? This place should be targeted by people to kill the demons and not to take an entrance examination.
this is a survival exams, if they can't survive in a place that has a demons in it then how the hell they can even slay a demon?

ProxyLain said:
Why did not Sakonji kill the demon he captured 47 years ago? in 47 years of the hottest time to find a way to cut off the demon's head,
and why he should tho? We don't even know if sakonji is aware of the demon that he captured is still alive
Jfs_Apr 27, 2019 12:07 PM
Apr 27, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
ProxyLain said:

The apparitions of the dead have been used in fiction for centuries to accomplish a variety of things, like Hamlet's father's ghost for example. What's more is that the series is still in the process of establishing how it's universe works, so you can't knock it as an ass-pull either.

Sakonji captured the demon alive, which is significantly harder than killing it. He didn't let the demon live for 47 years, he just didn't intend to kill it.

Why would the demon killing corps target and destroy a place that they themselves set up to test recruits? That would just be counter productive.

Strengthen your grasp on gramar and shit before trying to play the role of the pretentious anime elitist pls, I can only take so much secondhand embarrassment.
Apr 27, 2019 11:58 AM
Oct 2017
I really love that he is using actual kendo techniques like nuketo (sword drawing)...
Its small things like that, that make this anime really great so far ^^
Apr 27, 2019 12:12 PM

Mar 2018
Action, animation and music were yet again great. So the two children who helped him were actually ghosts! Interesting. Tanjiro is a bit of a crybaby but I have really come to like this anime. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 27, 2019 12:17 PM
Aug 2017
The animation is sooooo good. Ufotable are doing an amazing job
Apr 27, 2019 12:20 PM

Jun 2014
Jese23 said:
Why can't the sister pull the thing in her mouth out? Her hands aren't even tied

She is a demon and a danger to humans. She obviously doesn't seem to mind having it on and she can't speak anyways.
:3
Apr 27, 2019 12:22 PM

May 2016
This is pushing my limits once again 5/5 excellent.
Apr 27, 2019 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
alpha_shadow said:
Jese23 said:

She is a demon and a danger to humans. She obviously doesn't seem to mind having it on and she can't speak anyways.

So if she doesn't mind having it on, seems she doesn't really want to eat humans anyway?
Apr 27, 2019 12:37 PM
Oct 2016
ProxyLain said:

Ah so Mob Psycho S2 is a 4/10 and the masterpiece Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a 5/10 to you. On the other hand bullshits like Naruto Shippuden is a 9/10 (WOW *_*), Rokka no Yuusha is a 8/10.
Now this comment of your makes sense.
Apr 27, 2019 12:53 PM

May 2015
Impressive episode but a lot of it due to neat animation. So far it's pretty standard, overcome yourself and defeat the monsters and of course our MC could manage something no one else could before. Well, at least it's good he's a decent fighter already, I wonder how the plot will move later on.
Apr 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
Very impressed with this show so far.
Apr 27, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2016
Midway through the episode, I thought I liked the music. Then, I thought I really really liked it. So, I wondered if Kajiura Yuki had composed them. After checking it, it seems I was right. I am so glad she hasn't disappeared.

This episode wasn't bad. It wasn't that good, but I was still able to watch it enough to watch the next episode as well.

The blond guy really stands out. Why is drawn in a different artstyle?
Apr 27, 2019 1:00 PM
Nov 2016
This episode is damn good that it got me back to watch anime, other than OPM S2 :D
Apr 27, 2019 1:17 PM
Jan 2019
The animation is brilliant, i think the best i‘ve seen in a while. Tanjirou kicking some ass, he gets cooler and cooler. I really liked him with the long hair tho, made him look like a badass.
Those 2 children died in an awful way and it made me really sad, that disgusting demon got what it deserved.
To sum it up, the episode was amazing and i can‘t wait for next week šŸ˜Š
Apr 27, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 2016
Wow, haven't seen such a great worldbuild in a recent anime in a really long while! I'm impressed! Really good episode.
Apr 27, 2019 1:37 PM

Jan 2017
Holy F*, UFOtable is going all in!
This is beyond God tier of animation!
Apr 27, 2019 1:49 PM
Nov 2015
"because I learned to detect the scent of the opening thread"
This shit is beggin me to drop it...

Still... good episode. And the animation was so fluid even in this detailed art style.
felipeliborioApr 27, 2019 2:12 PM
Apr 27, 2019 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Me during episode 1: Why'd they cut off Tanjiro's cool ponytail?!
Me last episode: Oh, it was a time skip so we can get his ponytail back! Good.
Me this episode, seeing Tanjiro pick up the clippers: PUT THEM DOWN, YOU MONSTER!
Apr 27, 2019 1:51 PM
Sep 2017
Wow, just amazing is all I can say. This anime has some of the best fight choreography I've ever seen, and this episode is a shining example of that, I have never seen fights like this outside a Bones or Ufotable anime with the only exception being the first season of One punch man. Beautiful choreography aside it was great seeing Tanjirou's development, it's been fast but really well done, he has gone from a scared kid to a badass demon slayer in 2 episodes and it never felt forced. To make such a fast transition feel so natural is praiseworthy, the directing outside the fights was also really solid, Ufotable is pulling all the stops here. Up till now, the hype had kind of worsened the anime for me because everyone was talking like it was a sure 9/10 or higher, and although I was impressed at first, it was not as much as I expected, but these last 2 episodes have really changed that. Now I'm just enjoying it for what it is.
Apr 27, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2012
This show started a bit weak for me, but it definitely got a lot better.
That fight scene was fun. I hope they will continue like that.
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 27, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
everlastinglife said:
The Final Selection is no joke. That demon was all kinds of evil... totally creeped me out.

They only gets creepier from here on...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 27, 2019 2:23 PM

Mar 2019
ProxyLain said:

what are you talking about? The demons can't escape that place, so it makes sense a demon-hunting organization uses this fact to cull the weak

demon hunters capture demons to put on that wisteria prision, it's simple as that, and that monstrosity is the only one that survived decades inside the prison
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Apr 27, 2019 2:29 PM
Dec 2017
Man tanjiros power is so cool, i havent read the manga but it looks so fuggin dope, it feels a little rushed tho but I can live with it
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.