Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 26, 8:40 PM

Anime assemble!

Soo, I just came back from watching Endgame, and damn that final act was damn lit af!! And after watching that final act, I really think that Anime could definitely learn something here..

Big anime crossovers when?

Oo yea, Batman dies after he defeats Thanos using the stones in Endgame...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 26, 8:47 PM
precure could be considered one of those, i think

Apr 26, 8:50 PM

I don't think there's a series with the potential to build a whole anime "cinematic" universe around it.

It would be hella cool tho. :/
"Is that a Jojo's reference?"

Apr 26, 9:10 PM

SarcasticJaw said:
I don't think there's a series with the potential to build a whole anime "cinematic" universe around it.

It would be hella cool tho. :/

Maybe Shonen Jump could orchestrate it..

Some editor gone be like "yoo, I just watched this american shit, and I got a plan!"

Apr 26, 9:13 PM

Dave_Adrian said:
Anime assemble!

Soo, I just came back from watching Endgame, and damn that final act was damn lit af!! And after watching that final act, I really think that Anime could definitely learn something here..

Big anime crossovers when?

Oo yea, Batman dies after he defeats Thanos using the stones in Endgame...

You Bitch, Stop. I don't like that :(

Apr 26, 9:17 PM

The first half was a bit slow. And it would not be wrong to say that those last 30 minutes compensated for the whole movie, and the best 30 minutes i've ever spent in a cinema hall. TBH, it could have been much better but still an epic showdown definetly.
And i kinda disagree with u on 'anime can learn from endgame' thing. Its opposite i think. Endgame could have been a masterpiece if it learned a thing or two from anime XD

Best Couple ---> Senjougahara x Araragi

Apr 26, 9:20 PM
Anime needs to stay the hell away from that garbage. Cape movies are cancer.

Apr 26, 9:28 PM

Well, there's Isekai Quartet, which is currently airing.
That's a pretty big anime crossover. Overlord, Re: Zero, Konosuba and Youjo Senki are fairly popular, after all.

Other than that, i can't recall any other big crossovers aside from a few Trigger characters (like Inferno Cop) making cameo appearances in Space Patrol Luluco.
Modified by Stygian_Prisoner, Apr 26, 9:32 PM

Apr 26, 9:38 PM

Well, unlike comics anime and manga authors dont tend to set all of their stories in the same universe so its harder for something like that to happen.

The only two anime that I remember being in the same world are Eromanga sensei and Oreimo, so I guess we could have an incest cinematic universe if that makes you happy.

Apr 26, 9:57 PM

I don't think this is a good idea actually. Personally I don't like MCU and I actually think it's a big risk for anime especially since the most popular manga from for example Shounen Jump are all by different mangaka. Imagine everyone of those people voicing their own ideas. I can imagine artists like Akira Toriyama and Takehiko Inoue butting heads over the direction the cinematic universe should go immediately. Meanwhile the MCU consists mostly out of the works of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby who did have the chemistry to pull it off. Japan's manga magazines just have too much classics made by too many people.

Apr 26, 9:58 PM

Grand Mahou Shoujo verse would be great just so that I can see Yuuna and Hibiki slugging at each other, Nanoha can test firepower with Tougou, Fate along with Fuu and Tsubasa in three way dead lock.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Apr 26, 10:42 PM

Stygian_Prisoner said:
Well, there's Isekai Quartet, which is currently airing.
That's a pretty big anime crossover. Overlord, Re: Zero, Konosuba and Youjo Senki are fairly popular, after all.

Other than that, i can't recall any other big crossovers aside from a few Trigger characters (like Inferno Cop) making cameo appearances in Space Patrol Luluco.

I don't really think Isekai quartet counts

Apr 26, 10:44 PM

holysauron said:
I don't think this is a good idea actually. Personally I don't like MCU and I actually think it's a big risk for anime especially since the most popular manga from for example Shounen Jump are all by different mangaka. Imagine everyone of those people voicing their own ideas. I can imagine artists like Akira Toriyama and Takehiko Inoue butting heads over the direction the cinematic universe should go immediately. Meanwhile the MCU consists mostly out of the works of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby who did have the chemistry to pull it off. Japan's manga magazines just have too much classics made by too many people.

Perhaps it could work if one editor becomes the Kevin Feige or something..

Apr 26, 10:46 PM

silent_knight98 said:
The first half was a bit slow. And it would not be wrong to say that those last 30 minutes compensated for the whole movie, and the best 30 minutes i've ever spent in a cinema hall. TBH, it could have been much better but still an epic showdown definetly.
And i kinda disagree with u on 'anime can learn from endgame' thing. Its opposite i think. Endgame could have been a masterpiece if it learned a thing or two from anime XD

What do you mean that endgame could learn from anime bruh? You gotta set some examples here

Apr 26, 10:52 PM

It only works if the original series are made by the same people and have similar setting. Like I could see SAO and Accel World crossover. They already did that with a game. There were also Light Novel short with SAO and Mahouka.

Apr 26, 11:06 PM
People going to get offend but no anime can ever touch avengers:endgame's greatness anime should learn from this movie how to do action scenes without the power of friendship and asspull powerups without context these cliches annoyes me

Apr 27, 1:16 AM

sorry fam anime is not a multitrillion dollar business
a music video is all we can afford https://myanimelist.net/anime/2274/CLAMP_in_Wonderland

Apr 27, 1:26 AM

It's not impossible.. People and publisher like typemoon and 5bp only need to make a real crossover of Nasuverse (Fate, Tsukihime, KnK and others) or Science Adventure (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, Robotic;Notes and others).. So far they only made a little references each other ...
And even MCU did not suddenly made Avengers movie from no where, they experimented first with standalone movie/story like Iron Man, Captain America and Thor ...
Modified by Jim_Heart, Apr 27, 1:29 AM

Apr 27, 2:36 AM
くみこ

Izetta: The Last Witch & Youjo senki crossover would be pretty awesome.

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤."

Apr 27, 7:20 AM
fanservice<3

i already saw the movie, but damn, i hope no one is dropping the spoilers lol

anyway

Apr 27, 2:26 PM

Most Tezuka mangas take place in the same universe, so you often see some familiar faces in his stories (like Rock Holmes, Black Jack and a few others)

Apr 27, 2:43 PM

Cinematic Universe is kind of a misnomer because there are some TV shows part of MCU - how about Shared Universe.

Tons of those in anime and manga.

Also tons of crossovers too.

Hollywood is late to the party (was late with those black and white crossover monster movies too)...as usual.
Modified by alshu, Apr 27, 2:48 PM

Apr 27, 2:48 PM

Nah, I'll pass on that one, chief...

What's the difference?

Apr 27, 2:51 PM

romagia said:
sorry fam anime is not a multitrillion dollar business
a music video is all we can afford https://myanimelist.net/anime/2274/CLAMP_in_Wonderland

WTF is 'multitrillion dollar business'?

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 27, 2:52 PM

Dave_Adrian said:

What do you mean that endgame could learn from anime bruh? You gotta set some examples here

Gintama is still the king of parodies.No other series is as good at trolling.

Apr 27, 3:34 PM

Concerning screentime alone quite a lot of shows outrank the MCU. Also, Isekai Quartet is the most ambitious crossover.

Its not like the MCU suddenly decided to make crossovers. They all were connected from the beginning. They are all just comic adaptions. The closest you will get to that are shows set in the same world, like spin offs, or shows referencing each other like Steins;Gate.

In monogatari there is a scene where the girls from Madoka Magica appear, but thats all.

thevagus said:

WTF is 'multitrillion dollar business'?

The hentai industry
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Apr 27, 4:19 PM

Go Nagai too. Eg Violence Jack is ia continuation of Devilman

Apr 27, 4:29 PM

The only thing I can think about is Tsubasa Chronicle with all those characters from CLAMP but it's not exactly the same I know.

Apr 27, 6:23 PM

Still waiting for my Steins;gate x Monogatari crossover~

Apr 27, 6:43 PM

Ricochet2000 said:
People going to get offend but no anime can ever touch avengers:endgame's greatness anime should learn from this movie how to do action scenes without the power of friendship and asspull powerups without context these cliches annoyes me

Welp.. Endgame ain't Fairy Tail.. seriously, fuck Fairy Tail's last arc

Apr 27, 7:00 PM

Lets's see-mix some isekai with Game Of Thrones?
Life Is Short But Intense.

Apr 27, 7:30 PM

zrdb said:
Lets's see-mix some isekai with Game Of Thrones?

Welp.. go to fanfiction.net you'll see a lot of Naruto gettin transported to Westeros

Apr 27, 11:01 PM

Dave_Adrian said:

I said plot-wise it can learn something from anime. Not from the business point of view u are talking bout. Well then, lets explain it step by step
Modified by silent_knight98, Apr 27, 11:05 PM

Apr 27, 11:12 PM

Well, I forgot its name but there's a non-canon One Piece x Dragon Ball x Toriko crossover and there are some for magical girls shows I didn't watch.

Also, you can see Krauser from Detroit Metal City in the firsts episodes of K-On! though it's not a real appearance.

Apr 28, 1:10 AM

silent_knight98 said:
Dave_Adrian said:

I said plot-wise it can learn something from anime. Not from the business point of view u are talking bout. Well then, lets explain it step by step

Yeaa I feel you fam.. but the movie's already 3 hours long! I was holding my bladder like an idiot when I watched Endgame...

Apr 28, 1:18 AM

Dave_Adrian said:
silent_knight98 said:

Yeaa I feel you fam.. but the movie's already 3 hours long! I was holding my bladder like an idiot when I watched Endgame...

You should have had some salty popcorn to dehydrate yourself. ;)
'The version of me that lives within you must be amazing. She can understand everything, even if you don't explain it to her'

Apr 28, 1:22 AM

Shows like Isekai Quartet, Carnival Phantasm, One Piece x Dragon Ball, Conan x Lupin is not really in the same type with Avengers.. Mentioned shows is mainly only for comedy and fanservice ...

If you want to see Avengers-like crossover in other show, you can try Ultraman crossover, Kamen Rider crossover or/and Super Sentai crossover, they have done it a few times ...

Apr 28, 1:25 AM

There is the Nasuverse - Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai, at least, take place in the same universe, and Tsukihime has a... complicated relationship with both.

I'd actually love to see something like Carnival Phantasm but done seriously. Make the threat, oh, I don't know, Altrouge Brunestud up to some vampirey shenanigans along with the rest of the Dead Apostle Ancestors. Then the heroes from all three franchises need to team up to deal with various bits of it. All done by Ufotable and scored by Kajiura Yuki, natch.

Apr 28, 1:33 AM

Nope. MCU is complete trash and it always has been. This movie wasn't very good at all either.

Apr 28, 1:35 AM

TriggerKing said:
Nope. MCU is complete trash and it always has been. This movie wasn't very good at all either.

u one edgy mofo bruh... too edgy...

4edgy6me

Apr 28, 1:51 AM
Is there a mango or a light novel that has has an extensive crossover story (like with DC's JLA and Marvel's Avengers)? If not, then the anime industry ain't interested in it, because otherwise that would mean taking risk in making original creative content, or jumping through whole bunch of corporate and legal hoops to get various creators and publishers together and make them agree on a common project.

But the Clamp shows have some crossovers. IIRC a bunch of characters from Tsubasa Chronicle show up in Kobato, and it also had characters that looked like the ones from Chobits.

Apr 28, 1:54 AM

CLAMP kind tried to do that with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and XxxHOLiC, but i think with Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card they decide to go back to basics and focus on individual stories.

The closest thing there ever was to the MCU in anime should be the 90s OVA Giant Robo, which took every character from every Mitsuteru Yokoyama manga. And it's awesome.

Also, there should be some crossover with the most iconic characters from the most iconic old school mangakas, like Go Nagai, and specially Osamu Tezuka.

Apr 28, 3:03 AM

definitely would like to see a crossover between our favourite battle shounen, like toriko x dragon ball x one piece crossovers but obviously with a wider range of characters like naruto and gon.
Let's talk to shounen jump!
su#4790

Apr 28, 5:08 AM

Dave_Adrian said:
silent_knight98 said:

Yeah but i think they could have done this by removing those small comic scenes like

But in the end, this movie was definetly an outstanding conclusion of these 10 years. No doubt bout that ^_^

Apr 28, 5:17 AM

KreatorX said:
Dave_Adrian said:

You should have had some salty popcorn to dehydrate yourself. ;)
My show was at 11:45 AM and i didnt drink even a single glass of water from the morning. U gotta prepare urself for the worst XD

Apr 28, 5:34 AM

Maybe the Leijiverse, Captain Harlock, Maetel, Emeraldas they usually appears in other shows. In Waga Seishun no Arcadia both Harlock and Emeraldas are the main character.

Apr 28, 5:37 AM

Idolm@ster has a big shared universe and the only time you see them interact with another is during anniversary events or cameos.
Quitting all Gacha if my E Rank Luck doesn't make me get Moriarty Mahiru in Revue, Edgy Homu or Godoka in MagiReco and then doing Russian Roullet to game end myself

Apr 28, 10:16 AM

I think they should just start shoving famous anime characters like light yagami and naruto into the marvel movies
come with me empty human

Apr 28, 1:12 PM

CLAMP works did this with Tsubasa Chronicle which has crossovers with X, Chobits, XXXHolic, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc.

Some characters from Baccano appear in Durarara. Durarara also teems with references to other other anime like Spice and Wolf, Shakugan no Shana, Hell Girl, The Irregular at Magic High School, etc.

The OVA for A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives featured the lead characters from The Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

Fairy Tail X Rave is a crossover between Fairy Tail and Rave Master who shared an author.
Modified by Kruszer, Apr 28, 1:15 PM
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Apr 28, 8:04 PM
From what I've heard, A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun is the closest thing to what you're looking for. Both are anime that view the same events from their respective MC's perspectives. (I haven't seen them, I'm just going off of what Gigguk and other fans of the series are saying)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »