Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, that bloody body. Doppio looks scary as I remember from the manga this episode. This King Crimson Vs Metallica arc has been one of the most intense and violent ones I've seen so far.

Cool to see Moody Blues back with his timer. Abbacchio is also such a badass this arc with what he's done including carving that face. A lot of emotions this episode too. Wow.

Apr 26, 2019 9:30 AM
Jun 2016
Will be right back, have to cry first...
Apr 26, 2019 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
No Risotto flashback, but Abba's death was well done.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 26, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
I completed Part 5 back in Summer 2018, and this scene made me cry again. Great episode like always, the music in this episode was superb and it's probably what made the whole episode more emotional. Not to mention the effort the voice actors put into making this scene even more amazing, they really deserve recognition for this, and this just goes to prove that David Production always chooses the best voice actors for the job. In general, the scenes were executed greatly. I hope David Production keeps up the good work!

Next week, we're getting a recap episode titled "destino" which I believe means destiny or fate in Italian. Seems like they're saving budget for the next amazing arc. Looking forward to that.

Overall, 5/5
Mike4992Apr 26, 2019 9:40 AM
Apr 26, 2019 9:40 AM

Oct 2018
I legit cried while watching this episode
Ri22rkApr 26, 2019 9:48 AM
Apr 26, 2019 9:46 AM
May 2016
Only saw snippets off the stream but I already started tearing up. Not gonna be able to keep my composure when the full ep's out I can already tell, god bless you DP.
Apr 26, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
My favorite thing about Abbacchio's death is that he's the only character who never winds up liking Giorno before he dies. Everyone else has their little "Wow, Giorno sure is great" moment, but Abbacchio dies thinking Giorno is a little shit.

Also, he called it when he said Giorno was going to get them killed.
TheAzulmagiaApr 26, 2019 2:28 PM
Apr 26, 2019 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Knew this was going to happen and yet it still fucking hurt ;_; R.I.P. Abbacchio, you were a badass till the very end, but that was a given since it became known that Suwabe Junichi would lend you his voice.

Once again, extremely well executed episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Nov 2017
Damn, I liked Abbacchio while reading the manga so his death made me sad then, but I've come to have him as one of my favorite characters in Jojo for a lot of reasons so this episode made me cry like a little bitch. Probably one of my "favorite" death in the series (I mean the whole exchange between him and his partner was so good). I have to say, the whole "the results don't matter, what's important is how you get to them" thing right after Bossu gloating about his stand power in front of Risotto tells a lot hehe.
And just seeing Abbacchio cry then smile before he finally found peace after achieving his mission, not for some boss but for his friends, made me really weak.

You reached the last stop, no more going back because this time you don't have to anymore, just face the present and embrace your future. <3
RIP the OG Big Tiddies Goth Gf.

Apr 26, 2019 10:46 AM

Nov 2017
God as soon as the police officer said Abbacchio's name I realized what was going on, this was incredibly sad
Apr 26, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2017
Its the beginning of the end yawl.

R.I.P. to all the the beautiful motherfuckers who just died.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 26, 2019 10:53 AM

Jan 2017
After watching avengers endgame I come to jojo to take my mind off it and relax... but universe is trying to kill me today I guess. R.I.P. the wine mom :(
Apr 26, 2019 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
My fav death in the franchise was done a great justice with this episode. I adore everything they did with it today especially the build up to it where you just know something isnt going right when they reach that rock and it seems like the boss is cornered.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
RIP Abbacchio ;_; the last scene was incredibly sad I'm so done with life wtf
Apr 26, 2019 11:07 AM

Feb 2013
:( :( :( :(
RIP Abbacchio, I wasn't a big fan of your personality but you will be missed.
Damn you Doppio, damn you Boss!!!
Apr 26, 2019 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
RIP Abbachio. At least he left back an important hint regarding the boss' true identity. I knew this was going to happen but it was still painful to watch.
Apr 26, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2017
r.i.p. best trundere :c
it was cute to see Giorno suffering for his death even though Abbacchio never liked him.
Also we are getting really near the end woaw
I hope when this part will finish part 6 will be realesed not so long after
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
Unironically the best episode of the whole franchise so far. There also was nothing I can complain about.
Apr 26, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2018
I've read part 5 already, Abbacchio is my least favorite boy and I still cried like a bitch

That was oof
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 2018
Haven't felt like this since Kakyoin's death.

Feb 2016
I'm not crying, you're crying ;_;

This hit me way harder than I thought, I didn't remember Abba's death that much in the manga, probably because I wasn't that invested on him when I first read it, but after watching it animated it makes me want to cry waterfalls and that tells much of how hell of a job DP did with this week's episode.

Go on Abbacchio, you've done your job, you can rest in piece now ;_;

Narancia VA was great, he just twisted the dagger even more ;_; fuck my life.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 26, 2019 11:49 AM
Aug 2014
Since I haven't read the manga, I didn't expect this at all, it really took me by surprise. I liked Abbacchio the most, since he was so peaceful and smart, and always thinking outside of the box. It's a hard goodbye; and I'm a little afraid with how they will proceed now without him. It will feel empty...
Apr 26, 2019 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
Absolutely heartbreaking episode, the scene with Abacchio and the cop that died due to his actions praising him for helping them get closer to the truth was incredible.
Apr 26, 2019 11:51 AM

Oct 2018
Narancia added SO MUCH more drama to the 2nd half of the episode
Fugo has left, Abbacchio's dead, 5 remain.
A little oversight, the to be continued sign didn't appear at the end
Animation in this ep was a little bit off imo... and I think Modern Crusaders sounds a bit too happy for what happened in the ep
Apr 26, 2019 11:53 AM

Dec 2017
rip Abbacchio, feelsbadman :(
Apr 26, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
Surafd said:
and I think Modern Crusaders sounds a bit too happy for what happened in the ep

Correct. "Wake up feeling so horny" would be suited.

Jul 2013
RIP Abbacchio, best JoJo tsundere. I found his death sad in the manga, but the anime managed to make it more gut-wrenching, thanks to the brilliant voice acting of the gang members (especially Narancia and his denial of the tragic events), I even shed a few tears. At least his death wasn't in vain, since now they have the first true clue about the Boss's background. He will be surely missed ;_;

Also RIP Risotto, he died like a true man, defiant to the end. Guy was so badass even the Boss praised him for that.

So now that the two best edgelords are death, its time for another recap but as long as they do them to keep with this quality, it will be a necessary sacrifice.

Oct 2017
Abbacchio wasn't the most likable or well developed of characters but his death was so well executed I don't care. I loved his scene with the policeman. Narancia's reaction really enhanced the emotional weight of the death too.
Apr 26, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
Damn that hit me hard, Abbacchio was such a coolheaded character, I loved whenever Moody blues would show up with his aura and sound effects.

Good night sweet price, your earned this well deserved rest.
Apr 26, 2019 11:59 AM

Jan 2018
What a fucking episode.
Apr 26, 2019 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
Abbachio didn't have enough screen time to actually like him that much, yet this episode is still going to make a lot of people cry. This how much they did his death justice.
It's even sadder than the manga. Narancia's voice acting, the soundtrack, the white and black layer in his afterlife scene no the rising sun. Everything was on point
Apr 26, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2018
Nycro said:
Surafd said:
and I think Modern Crusaders sounds a bit too happy for what happened in the ep

Correct. "Wake up feeling so horny" would be suited.

Surely, someone watching this episode must be into necrophilia
Apr 26, 2019 12:05 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
MAN, I don't know what score to give the episode. I hated it, but it was good T^T I didn't like Abbacchio as much as I did Ceasar, but MAN this happened SO FAST. Stupid kids, stupid Abbacchio for letting his guard down, stupid Giorno and Mista for not being there to protect him. That afterlife scene just hit me straight in my heart. I half expected him to come back cause of Giorno's very convenient ability, but then it was apparent that not :'(

It makes me even angrier that Narancia shot Risotto and we had a casualty so fast. IT COULD HAVE ENDED.
Apr 26, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2018
Top 5 all time episode in the series.

If I had to rate it out of 5, this is a 10+
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
Why would anyone think it is a good idea to ruin a beautiful/tragic death moment with an annoying screaming kid?
themanualreader@proton.me
Apr 26, 2019 12:31 PM
Oct 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, that bloody body. Doppio looks scary as I remember from the manga this episode. This King Crimson Vs Metallica arc has been one of the most intense and violent ones I've seen so far.

Cool to see Moody Blues back with his timer. Abbacchio is also such a badass this arc with what he's done including carving that face. A lot of emotions this episode too. Wow.

Damn i almost cried. :'(
Apr 26, 2019 12:38 PM

May 2015
Darius said:
Why would anyone think it is a good idea to ruin a beautiful/tragic death moment with an annoying screaming kid?

because narancia is a childish immature kid, his reaction is perfectly put

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Apr 26, 2019 12:41 PM
Aug 2016
Wow this is so sad, even tho i did read the manga. Somehow seeing Abbacchio get stabbed hurts.
RIP and thanks for everything.
and now sigh, recap next week and then we have the Oasis and Green day part, which i honestly found kinda boring... fine
Apr 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
IT STILL HURTS. Buccarati biting his lip in despair hurts so much I'm actually shaking. Fuck you Abbacchio why am I crying so hard when I high key hate you adsafdssdf

Also where's my Risotto flashback plz my big tidy emo bf deserves to have his backstory animated
Apr 26, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't especially like Abbacchio but I still cried...I got too attached to the gang:/
Apr 26, 2019 1:06 PM

Aug 2016
Mr."Fuck you Giorno" relying on Giorno's ability at the very end was really heartbreaking.
Apr 26, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
I wasnt prepared for this. As bloody as Golden Wind is, nobody of the main cast ever died just like that. I expected Giorno to just bring him back like with Bucciarati.. Guess Abacchio hated him too much to get revived by him.

Damn guys why did you leave him alone?! Why didnt you hurry up Girno and Mista?? Why didnt you see anything?

And Risotto went out swinging as well. I thought he was gone for good last episode. Certainly wasnt expecting a double death episode. He quickly became one of my favourites this season, hopefully we can get his backstory, maybe during the recap episode next week?

David Pro really nailed this. Absolutely fantastic. Narancia adds more drama. The restaurant shot was great as well.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 26, 2019 1:17 PM
Oct 2018
holiday498 said:
After watching avengers endgame I come to jojo to take my mind off it and relax... but universe is trying to kill me today I guess. R.I.P. the wine mom :(

Bro, that's atually me. That was too hard for me too
Apr 26, 2019 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
Mirai said:

Also where's my Risotto flashback plz my big tidy emo bf deserves to have his backstory animated

pls in which chapter is his backstory? I haven't read the manga and I can't find it
Apr 26, 2019 1:24 PM
Emperor

Nov 2016
I haven't cried like a bitch in quite some time, luckily this episode changed it for me.
RIP Abbacchio.
Apr 26, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2015
OberonFelsach said:
Mirai said:

pls in which chapter is his backstory? I haven't read the manga and I can't find it

My name is Doppio part 2 (ok it's literally just one page but they made up a whole new backstory for Fugo so they coulda at least included Risotto's reee)
Apr 26, 2019 1:35 PM
May 2016
God it's april, why is it raining today? What a good fucking episode, they absolutely did his death so much justice it's unreal. The fucking OST, GOD.
Apr 26, 2019 1:51 PM
May 2016
Surafd said:
Narancia added SO MUCH more drama to the 2nd half of the episode
Fugo has left, Abbacchio's dead, 5 remain.
A little oversight, the to be continued sign didn't appear at the end
Animation in this ep was a little bit off imo... and I think Modern Crusaders sounds a bit too happy for what happened in the ep

I agree it looked somewhat loose at times but I think the animation deserves praise actually, the sheer amount of great character-acting animation from Abba's death vision onwards was just fucking perfect. You got such a perfect look into the emotions the cast were feeling just by how they moved, on top of the top-notch OST and directing it's one of the best scenes in the whole adaptation imo
Apr 26, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
As if Abbachio dying wasn't already sad, throw in the OST, the afterlife scene, Narancia's VA's voice acting, and the reactions of Giorno, Mista, and Bucciarati.....holy shit this was sad as fuck. This is how you send off a character and give their death a lot of emotional weight. RIP Abbachio, but at least his death wasn't in vain.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 26, 2019 1:56 PM
Nov 2017
I've seen a lot of anime and ive read part 5 and to be entirely honest this is one of the saddest deaths and even one of the saddest anime episodes I've ever seen. Tears streamed down my face like a waterfall especially when naranchia couldn't accept his death
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.