Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that was actually more violent than I had expected to be. Good to see Dazai in action though.

Pretty good action with the music added in. Chuuya is such a badass this season. The first half of this episode blew me away! Shirase with their group looks rather young in their conflict against the Port Mafia. Still, I think it's pretty to know more about Port Mafia this season and Chuuya's background story.
Stark700Apr 26, 2019 7:57 AM
Apr 26, 2019 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
It seems the flashback arc is finally done, thank god, the baiting was getting more and more dumb.
Apr 26, 2019 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
That guy afraid of cold vs. Taniyama-san's character in order to understand why he got Taniyama-san's character out from the darkness. Ex-boss also came out. That guy who is afraid of cold is the one who also got him out from dead.

He said he was from outside Japan to get that monster. He wants Taniyama-san's character and Mamo's character to be dead so that Taniyama-san's character can have that monster, and for knowing the information.

Both of them have something they were hiding. Taniyama-san's character can fully release power when both hands are out, and Mamo's character has iron arm hidden in bandage. Both defeated once the space is broken.

After that, Taniyama-san's character's group betrayed him by joining the enemy group. It was already part of Mamo's character's plan, so that Taniyama-san's character can join Mafia. His hat was the guy who was afraid of cold who was in the group.

A group of slaves lead by slave? Being used? Tamiyama-san's character was amazed at the explanation and decided to join on his own will.

Taniyama-san's character's been grown-up a bit (?), and is assigned to accompany a lady member with kimono. (Mamo's character is still in the group)

Back to present time, and FukuJun's character is typing a report.

Edit: OP for Ep.27 (Which means regular OP clip might be different from this)
tsubasaloverApr 27, 2019 2:50 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 26, 2019 9:02 AM

Mar 2017
OMFG! I'm so hype for the main story! Also i get why Chuuya 'hates' Dazai now (we all know it's not truly hate) and these three episodes have made me love Chuuya soooo much! It's also made me really freakin' scared of Dazai haha
Apr 26, 2019 9:29 AM
Jan 2016
The flashback arc is finally done! I absolutely love Dazai and Chuuya's characters but this was obviously something that was added in order to appease the female fans(myself included haha). Hopefully we'll get to see the other characters' growth next week.
Apr 26, 2019 9:30 AM
Apr 2019
Randou's name was Arthur Rimbaud , and the real author Chuuya was reffered to as the japanese Rimbaud , cause chuuya was influenced by his novels and work
Apr 26, 2019 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
I wasn't a big fan of the backstory episodes, but this episode wrapped things up nicely and was able to convince me to deem them as necessary.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2019 9:37 AM
Jun 2017
Minute to appreciate the first Appearance of the Chuuya's Fancy Hat and how Dazai used to make fun of it pretending he has no idea where Chuuya got it 😂 I love you Dazai ❤ with all your goofy moves❤
In this episode, Dazai's madness and obsession of Death and how it all effects his personality and make he more and more mad Makes me Looooove more & more 😍 and this episode is truly left me speechless, As always every episode is greater than the one before it. damn, Those guys knows how to make one hell masterpiece Anime 😍❤
Apr 26, 2019 9:38 AM
Jun 2017
FyodorYukichi4 said:
Randou's name was Arthur Rimbaud , and the real author Chuuya was reffered to as the japanese Rimbaud , cause chuuya was influenced by his novels and work

Sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Apr 26, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2017
I got so emotional in the end. It was a perfect adaptation of the novel 10/10
Apr 26, 2019 9:39 AM
Apr 2019
MOna-Dazai said:
FyodorYukichi4 said:

Sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hey Mona , i'm Joe dio from youtube xD
Apr 26, 2019 9:42 AM
Jun 2017
FyodorYukichi4 said:
MOna-Dazai said:

Sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Wooow 😃 Bikkuri shita 😅 Hi, there 🙋 Hajimemashite
Apr 26, 2019 9:43 AM
Apr 2019
MOna-Dazai said:
FyodorYukichi4 said:

Wooow 😃 Bikkuri shita 😅 Hi, there 🙋 Hajimemashite

Hi , yorushku onegai-shimas 🙌
Apr 26, 2019 10:03 AM
Dec 2016
We're already 3 episodes into the third season, and the prequel arc was so satisfying the episodes builded up the momentum so nicely. Can't wait to see how the action developes further, hope it remains centered on Dazai although.
Apr 26, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
Too bad that Randou/Rimbaud was a throwaway character, cause his ability was very awesome. At least his legacy lives in Chuuya's hat.
So now I guess we return to the main story, isn't?
Apr 26, 2019 10:13 AM
Mar 2019
So thats how Chuuya join the Port Mafia. Maybe we can see Atsushi and others again in next week episode.
Apr 26, 2019 10:34 AM
Apr 2019
Fyodor's Coming ma boyssssss !!!!!
Apr 26, 2019 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
I guess the arc is finished... we will be focusing on the real story now
Apr 26, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2016
Swagernator said:
It seems the flashback arc is finally done, thank god, the baiting was getting more and more dumb.

What was really a bit painful for me was trying to figure out every single thing regarding Chuuya's background involving the Arahabaki spirit and Randou/Arthur's involvement in it in an organized manner. I guess I was just gradually too exasperated by the backstory as well. It was still nice though, but I'm kinda glad it's over.
Apr 26, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
Kouyou nee-san cameo!! Hot as ever. Q cameo too!
Great conclusion to this arc.
Now bring on Fyodor savagery!
Apr 26, 2019 11:01 AM

May 2018
Well we now know how Chuuya becomes a Port Mafia, since his own gang the "Sheeps" betray him.
Apr 26, 2019 11:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Chuuya had a more personal reason for following this case huh. Randou's ability though sure is pretty unique not to mention useful. The fight between the two sides though was awesome. Sheep's betrayal though sure was pretty unexpected given how loyal they were supposed to be. Faced with this betrayal i guess joining the Port Mafia was the only choice left. Overall an excellent ep that did well in showing how Dazai and Chuuya met and how the latter ended up joining the Mafia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2019 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
what baiting and fanservice are others talking about? to me this seems like a normal story.
Apr 26, 2019 12:09 PM

Oct 2018
That was a great episode. Dazai is already a fantastically developed character, but great to see Chuuya get some motive and depth too. Can't wait for the present day episodes!!
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Apr 26, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
Btw I like Mori’s philosophy “the leader of an organization is at the head of the organization, but he’s also the organization’s slave. Everything is for the sake of the organization’s survival and profit even if the leader must commit an act of terror or endure humility”. No wonder his organization is intact unlike other leaders who put themselves before the organization, and I think chuuya was in awe of that perspective. Sasuga lolicon boss.
Apr 26, 2019 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
Ibuki_22 said:
Btw I like Mori’s philosophy “the leader of an organization is at the head of the organization, but he’s also the organization’s slave. Everything is for the sake of the organization’s survival and profit even if the leader must commit an act of terror or endure humility”. No wonder his organization is intact unlike other leaders who put themselves before the organization, and I think chuuya was in awe of that perspective. Sasuga lolicon boss.

interesting to think about how chuuya reacted to mori saying if necessary to use and dispose of organization members, because in the end what ruined the sheeps as an org while chuuya was leader was always trying to save them even when they were intentionally doing stupid shit
Apr 26, 2019 12:52 PM
Jun 2017
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Masterpiece of an arc
I think that dostoyevsky is randou's partner. It would explain dead apple so much

Omoshiroi But He said he has killed his partner already! So how could he still alive?! I think, He's more related to The Guild, his first appearance I think was when they appeared s1 and Dazai was familiar with the Guild already and Met Fyodor first in DA! also his name is connected to Agatha as well for some reason. Does this make any sense? I'm lost 😅
Also, I don't know why but The last scene of this episode made me think that Ango might be writing to him but His writing was so formal!
Apr 26, 2019 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
I really enjoyed this arc, and I have so many questions now! Chuuya and Dazai crack me up with their bickering, but they really do work well together.

I’m looking forward to getting into the main story next week. I haven’t read this arc in the manga yet, so it’s gonna be a fun surprise.
Apr 26, 2019 1:59 PM

Mar 2016
MOna-Dazai said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Masterpiece of an arc
I think that dostoyevsky is randou's partner. It would explain dead apple so much

Omoshiroi But He said he has killed his partner already! So how could he still alive?! I think, He's more related to The Guild, his first appearance I think was when they appeared s1 and Dazai was familiar with the Guild already and Met Fyodor first in DA! also his name is connected to Agatha as well for some reason. Does this make any sense? I'm lost 😅
Also, I don't know why but The last scene of this episode made me think that Ango might be writing to him but His writing was so formal!

Just some meta. IRL, Rimbaud (Randou) had a partner who is Paul Verlaine. They engaged in a homosexual relationship in which Paul abandoned his wife to be with Rimbaud. However, their relationship ended on a bitter note and they parted ways. Hence, in the story, Rimbaud (Randou) says his partner betrayed him when they were investigating the high energy being (arahabaki) together. :feelsmetaman:
Apr 26, 2019 2:10 PM

Oct 2017
This was a great arc. Love getting backstory on Port Mafia.
Apr 26, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
Great epsiode and overall nice finale that ties up things quite well. Though as much as I love this prequel storyline, I'm glad it's over since I want to see the main cast in the present day.

Also, can't wait for Fyodor next epsiode, since the title for it suggests that they'll be adapting chapter 42, which is one of my favorite chapters in the upcoming arc.
Apr 26, 2019 3:04 PM
Aug 2018
Great episode overall. It was cool to see Chuuya's backstory and the origins of why he hates Dazai so much. It all makes sense now lol. We knew Dazai was a mastermind, but damn.

I'm a huge fan of nonlinear storytelling so I really enjoyed the flashbacks from the previous season and this one as well. I think it's a nice change from the way that most anime do it. I also appreciate when a writer is able to make the antagonists just as interesting and multidimensional as the protagonists. It creates a much richer story that we actually care about.
Apr 26, 2019 5:25 PM
Mar 2017
The last episode of this Arc that I personally found interesting, without a doubt it is good to know how Chuuya ended up at the Port Mafia and how he managed to work with Dazai knowing that they do not get along.
Randou faces Dazai and Chuuya, but he is more cautious and separates them, besides using his ability to face Chuuya and his control of gravity.
Dazai and Chuuya managed to beat Randou working together, the kick Randou received was deadly.
I felt bad with Chuuya when his companions of "the sheep" betray him and the worst thing is that they allied with the mercenaries, but the devil is always waiting to make a deal and in this case it is Dazai who comes with a deal for part of Mori that finally Chuuya accepts.
The scene in which Chuuya promises loyalty to Mori I liked, we saw how Chuuya learned that he was not prepared to be the leader of his old organization and saw how Mori was someone that he should respect and support.
I loved seeing Kouyou again, what a elegant woman.
It was funny to end the episode with these two fighting, no doubt Chuuya and Dazai were a dangerous duo.

The next episode I hope we return to the events of the present, I want to see Kyouka and Yosano soon.
Apr 26, 2019 6:56 PM

Oct 2015
Actually Randou's last words to Chuuya sounded sincerely to me, encouraging him to not lose himself. I guess this is it for Chuuya and Dazai's backstory, and I must say I completely enjoyed.

Although it doesn't seem to be the end of the tale since it seems like the friend Randou presumably killed is alive. Looking forward to the season, because I think it will be fire.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 26, 2019 9:16 PM
Mar 2015
Love their backstory
Apr 26, 2019 9:28 PM
Feb 2014
I had high hopes for this one since it covers a backstory and a Novel just like the beginning of S2 (and that part is my favorite of the whole anime so far!)

I like both characters and I liked their interactions so far on the series. So I had high hopes and was excited on 3x01. But for some reason I was just not sold on this whole arc. The story felt weak and I just kept wishing for it to be over soon already so we could return to current day events.
Apr 26, 2019 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
Fantastic flashback arc, once agan. Why are the flashbacks so good in this show!?

I'm looking forward to getting back to our regular cast, of course.
Apr 26, 2019 11:27 PM

Feb 2014
The role of a leader, eh? Mori-san really shoved up a good lecture to Chuuya. Inspirational and worthy to be bowed down to.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 26, 2019 11:33 PM
Apr 2019
can someone explain the overall story of this arc? im quite confused help me 😭
Apr 27, 2019 3:04 AM
Apr 2019
AliceRei said:

Basically, 8 years ago chuuya used to be a vessel for the god "Arahabaki" and the one that saved him was Rando (Arthur Rimbaud) who lost his memories when he did it ; and he searched for chuuya in order to get the power of this god and of course to regain his memories back
Apr 27, 2019 3:04 AM
Apr 2019
AliceRei said:

Basically, 8 years ago chuuya used to be a vessel for the god "Arahabaki" and the one that saved him was Rando (Arthur Rimbaud) who lost his memories when he did it ; and he searched for chuuya in order to get the power of this god and of course to regain his memories back
Apr 27, 2019 3:26 AM

Aug 2016
So it's was Arthur Rimbaud. I wondered where the French authors would showed themselves, I've my answer. Now, the question is to know who is the partner, logically, it's Paul Verlaine. They were in couple IRL. And Verlaine shooted on Rimbaud, but it's another story.
RaphiphiApr 27, 2019 8:39 AM
Apr 27, 2019 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
Please tell me this arc is over now so we can get back to the main plot, as it's very much overstayed its welcome.
Apr 27, 2019 12:06 PM
Apr 2019
FyodorYukichi4 said:
AliceRei said:

FyodorYukichi4 said:
AliceRei said:

oohh thankss for the explanation! appreciate itt
Apr 27, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2008
Another heavy awesome episode!
we got to see a lot of past revelations of Port Mafia and how Dazai & Chuuya team-up!
This show is really underwatched!
5/5.

Apr 27, 2019 9:19 PM

Feb 2019
Glad the flashback finally ended, its too rushed and im disappointed of it. Good thing the main story is next week
Apr 28, 2019 5:17 AM
Jun 2017
OberonFelsach said:
what baiting and fanservice are others talking about? to me this seems like a normal story.

If you're talking about those who want more of Soukoku than a partnership then I agree.
Apr 28, 2019 2:10 PM

Jun 2015
i liked the flashback but i can't wait til it gets back to the main story, which is hopefully next episode
Apr 29, 2019 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
I absolutely loved this episode. The animation, voice acting, everything.

I'm glad they're through with the flash back, it only lasted three episodes but I am sure they will revisit a few scenes here and there.

So Randou is really Arthur Rimbaud.
臭い-
Apr 29, 2019 6:42 AM

May 2015
Oh, oh. It was Arthur Rimbaud, now I feel sad.

Interesting episode overall, I can't say I understood the mechanics behind the way Dazai and Chuuya won the battle, what's with hand holding and metal things? But it was still impressive.

The scene at the end with them bickering was funny, also I was glad to see Ango.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2019

149 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

98 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2019

72 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2019

84 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

84 by Virtecek »»
Apr 5, 5:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.