Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2019 6:29 PM

May 2016
bro Monoma just got outclassed lmao

interesting development, really looking forward to where this story goes

Apr 28, 2019 12:05 AM
Aug 2018
Of course she unlocks a new ability right when she's cornered and then casually oneshots everyone. What a copout.

Stripes said:

Edit: Getting pretty tired of the constant "this was brought up out of nowhere" fuckery. This was brought up back in chapter 8.

This isn't Toga making a discovery about how her quirk works, she unlocked a completely new ability on the spot (No buildup to it, no hinting, no foreshadowing). It's not the same.
Silver_06Apr 28, 2019 12:16 AM
Apr 28, 2019 8:50 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Silver_06 said:

This isn't Toga making a discovery about how her quirk works, she unlocked a completely new ability on the spot (No buildup to it, no hinting, no foreshadowing). It's not the same.

Why is this such a logical leap? She consumes DNA and if she had never had a directly physical quirk from the people she's transformed into before how would she find out? She was only in Middle School 3 years to the story and on the run? Most quirks are technically activated if they're not physically attribute quirks (Mineta, Shouji, Sero).

But I know. It takes a lot of thought to put that together when it's not spoon fed for little boys. Sheesh.
Apr 28, 2019 10:30 AM
Aug 2018
Stripes said:
Silver_06 said:

Why is this such a logical leap? She consumes DNA and if she had never had a directly physical quirk from the people she's transformed into before how would she find out? She was only in Middle School 3 years to the story and on the run? Most quirks are technically activated if they're not physically attribute quirks (Mineta, Shouji, Sero).

The idea isn't the problem, the execution is. Quirks being able to improve or evolve is nothing new, but with all the previous times this had happened, the characters were shown to be training their quirk beforehand, and it was more of a reveal than a power up (Tsuyu's "Camouflage", Kirishima's "Unbreakable", Shoto's "Flashfire", etc.). Toga just kinda pulled the power out of nowhere to the point where she even surprised herself (and right when she was cornered with no way out too), that's a deus ex machina.

He could have shown hints. She was fighting against Gigantomachia for a whole month, could have had her unlock it then (hinting at it) and problem solved.

Stripes said:
But I know. It takes a lot of thought to put that together when it's not spoon fed for little boys. Sheesh.

I don't understand why you people on this site can't hold one discussion without throwing insults, but you do you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2019 10:39 AM
Jul 2014
Silver_06 said:
Stripes said:

The idea isn't the problem, the execution is. Quirks being able to improve or evolve is nothing new, but with all the previous times this had happened, the characters were shown to be training their quirk beforehand, and it was more of a reveal than a power up (Tsuyu's "Camouflage", Kirishima's "Unbreakable", Shoto's "Flashfire", etc.).

This is false. Way back in the beginning of the manga it was stated that a quirk can change naturally or the applications of its ability can be discovered at a later age. What occurred with Toga was the same way since she had no clue that her quirk can work that way based on this chapter. This is what nobody takes you eriously since you get shit wrong and then have nothing to say after getting proven wrong. Save yourself further embarrassment and drop this manga.

Silver_06 said:

I don't understand why you people on this site can't hold one discussion without throwing insults, but you do you I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

No its just fun to ridicule people like you because when you get shit wrong you still want to come back and pretend the manga is the worst thing written. Its even more hilarious that you have a HxH avatar.
Apr 29, 2019 10:41 AM
Jul 2014
Silver_06 said:
Of course she unlocks a new ability right when she's cornered and then casually oneshots everyone. What a copout.

Stripes said:

Edit: Getting pretty tired of the constant "this was brought up out of nowhere" fuckery. This was brought up back in chapter 8.

It is. You can't even prove its not to begin with. Her quirk is the ability to transform into other why wouldn't their quirks be included?
Apr 29, 2019 12:42 PM
Aug 2018
Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

The idea isn't the problem, the execution is. Quirks being able to improve or evolve is nothing new, but with all the previous times this had happened, the characters were shown to be training their quirk beforehand, and it was more of a reveal than a power up (Tsuyu's "Camouflage", Kirishima's "Unbreakable", Shoto's "Flashfire", etc.).

This is false. Way back in the beginning of the manga it was stated that a quirk can change naturally or the applications of its ability can be discovered at a later age. What occurred with Toga was the same way since she had no clue that her quirk can work that way based on this chapter. This is what nobody takes you eriously since you get shit wrong and then have nothing to say after getting proven wrong. Save yourself further embarrassment and drop this manga.

Do I know you??

Also, nothing you just said disproved anything I wrote; I outright acknowledge that quirks can improve or evolve, all you did was paraphrase me, so how was I wrong??

Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

I don't understand why you people on this site can't hold one discussion without throwing insults, but you do you I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

No its just fun to ridicule people like you because when you get shit wrong you still want to come back and pretend the manga is the worst thing written. Its even more hilarious that you have a HxH avatar.

What did I get wrong here? You literally just paraphrase my point. And where or when did I say the manga is the worst written thing? Seriously, all you've done is show your lack of comprehension and put words in my mouth.
Apr 29, 2019 1:02 PM
Nov 2018
Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

Lmao, same thing bruh.
Apr 29, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2014
Silver_06 said:
Devil_Food said:

Do I know you??

Also, nothing you just said disproved anything I wrote; I outright acknowledge that quirks can improve or evolve, all you did was paraphrase me, so how was I wrong??

Devil_Food said:

What did I get wrong here? You literally just paraphrase my point. And where or when did I say the manga is the worst written thing? Seriously, all you've done is show your lack of comprehension and put words in my mouth.

1- What you stated was false. Toga did discover a new facet to her quirk she didn't know. Its not an "improvement" or evolution but something she always had but never knew to utilize. The same principle still applies with the above image.

2- In your own stupidity you conjectured that quirks can only improve through hardwork which is also false going by that image since quirks can natural improve or be used differently from when they startede.

3- Its not a new ability. Her quirk is to TRANSFORM do you get that TRANSFORM the mechanics of it was never specified because it was never needed to unless you can't read. Twice's quirk is to double objects and people that's its only description yet those people can still use their quirks by your stupid deduction it means that its a new ability.

Apr 29, 2019 2:33 PM
Jul 2014
SuperSmashBobby said:
[
Lmao, same thing bruh.

Its not. Learn to read idiot.
Apr 29, 2019 11:52 PM
Aug 2018
Devil_Food said:

1- What you stated was false. Toga did discover a new facet to her quirk she didn't know. Its not an "improvement" or evolution but something she always had but never knew to utilize. The same principle still applies with the above image.

2- In your own stupidity you conjectured that quirks can only improve through hardwork which is also false going by that image since quirks can natural improve or be used differently from when they startede.

Oh brother, what the image shows is a girl who learnt that her quirk actually works using surrounding air, she is still just shooting water except now she knows the mechanics behind it and can alter her "hero costume" to make better use of it. Take Bakugo; he's able to create explosions, the way his quirk actually works is that it uses his sweat. Knowing this, he had the "Grenadier Bracers" made to amplify the power and effects of his explosions by storing up his sweat. If you've actually read the chapter, this is exactly what that whole page is referring to, nothing about quirks changing or the like. Why you keep referring to it and ignoring all context is beyond me at this point.

Devil_Food said:

3- Its not a new ability. Her quirk is to TRANSFORM do you get that TRANSFORM the mechanics of it was never specified because it was never needed to unless you can't read. Twice's quirk is to double objects and people that's its only description yet those people can still use their quirks by your stupid deduction it means that its a new ability.

It's a new ability. Back when she was interrogated by Overhaul she explained how her quirk works, if she knew that along with transforming, she could use other people's quirks, then she would have said so (Not to mention how surprised she was this chapter that she could use Ochako's quirk).
Apr 30, 2019 12:30 AM
Nov 2018
Silver_06 said:
Devil_Food said:

It's a new ability. Back when she was interrogated by Overhaul she explained how her quirk works, if she knew that along with transforming, she could use other people's quirks, then she would have said so (Not to mention how surprised she was this chapter that she could use Ochako's quirk).

It's not really a new ability tho. It's another aspect of her quirk that she just realized she had (She does digest their DNA, so it's pretty fitting). The problem is (If I read the chapter right), there's no reason for how she suddenly figured out how to use Ochako's quirk, she just kinda does it. So yeah, I do agree that it's a copout.
Apr 30, 2019 12:39 AM
Aug 2018
TropicalFreeze44 said:
Silver_06 said:

It's not really a new ability tho. It's another aspect of her quirk that she just realized she had (She does digest their DNA, so it's pretty fitting). The problem is (If I read the chapter right), there's no reason for how she suddenly figured out how to use Ochako's quirk, she just kinda does it. So yeah, I do agree that it's a copout.

When I say "new ability" I mean it wasn't something she could do before, but can now. As I said before, it's similar to how Tsuyu discovered that she could camouflage with her surroundings. I didn't mean it in the sense that she now has 2 quirks or something along those lines. I apologize if I didn't word it better initially.
Apr 30, 2019 3:11 AM
Jul 2014
Silver_06 said:

Oh brother, what the image shows is a girl who learnt that her quirk actually works using surrounding air, she is still just shooting water except now she knows the mechanics behind it and can alter her "hero costume" to make better use of it.

Wrong again. That image is specifically about how the mechanisms of a quirk can change as you grow or you can discover that your quirk worked differently from what you envisioned. That was a question by Deku to All Might in regards to his government registry. So you're just wrong.

Its not a new ability. Nemoto's quirk worked as intended because she didn't know that's how her quirk could work she only knew as much as she knew from then point on.
TropicalFreeze44 said:
Silver_06 said:

Its explained in the chapter how she did it. I have to wonder if any of you complaining can actually read?
Silver_06 said:
TropicalFreeze44 said:

When I say "new ability" I mean it wasn't something she could do before, but can now. As I said before, it's similar to how Tsuyu discovered that she could camouflage with her surroundings. I didn't mean it in the sense that she now has 2 quirks or something along those lines. I apologize if I didn't word it better initially.

Except the chapter doesn't treat it as a new ability ifts more of a "I didn't know I can also do that' Tsuyu specifically stated that she had been working hard in order to camouflage herself it wasn't something that was always apart of her arsenal.
Apr 30, 2019 5:37 AM
Aug 2018
Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

Oh brother, what the image shows is a girl who learnt that her quirk actually works using surrounding air, she is still just shooting water except now she knows the mechanics behind it and can alter her "hero costume" to make better use of it.

Wrong again. That image is specifically about how the mechanisms of a quirk can change as you grow or you can discover that your quirk worked differently from what you envisioned. That was a question by Deku to All Might in regards to his government registry. So you're just wrong.

Here is the page:

It was about hero costumes. In the example All Might used, there's nothing about the girl's quirk changing, it's about her realizing the mechanics behind it and re-working her costume around it. All Might even points out that the only reason Deku can completely change his is because he never had a quirk to begin with.

Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

Its not a new ability. Nemoto's quirk worked as intended because she didn't know that's how her quirk could work she only knew as much as she knew from then point on.

So what caused her to suddenly realize that she could use other people's quirks?

Devil_Food said:
TropicalFreeze44 said:

Its explained in the chapter how she did it. I have to wonder if any of you complaining can actually read?

Where is it explained?
Silver_06Apr 30, 2019 5:50 AM
Apr 30, 2019 7:56 AM
Jul 2014
Silver_06 said:

Here is the page:

It was about hero costumes. In the example All Might used, there's nothing about the girl's quirk changing, it's about her realizing the mechanics behind it and re-working her costume around it. All Might even points out that the only reason Deku can completely change his is because he never had a quirk to begin with.

In the damn page you posted Deku asked about his quirk registration and All Might stated his answer, it had nothing to do with the hero costumes in fact it was only the focus in two panels. You actually can't read can't you?

Silver_06 said:

So what caused her to suddenly realize that she could use other people's quirks?

Silver_06 said:

Where is it explained?

Why are you asking me this? If you read the story you wouldn't have asked a stupid question.

Apr 30, 2019 10:01 AM
Aug 2018
Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

Here is the page:

In the damn page you posted Deku asked about his quirk registration and All Might stated his answer, it had nothing to do with the hero costumes in fact it was only the focus in two panels. You actually can't read can't you?

For crying out loud dude, where does it say that the girl's quirk changed? She is still just shooting water at the end of the day. The only difference is that she's now aware that it works using the moisture from the surrounding air. Continue to pretend it says something else, I'm not continuing this debate any longer.

Devil_Food said:
Silver_06 said:

Silver_06 said:

Where is it explained?

Why are you asking me this? If you read the story you wouldn't have asked a stupid question.

Well thanks for dodging the question.
Silver_06Apr 30, 2019 10:04 AM
Apr 30, 2019 5:40 PM

Feb 2017
Jeez Toga's backstory is really creepy. I wasn't expecting her to use Ochako's Quirk either.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
May 3, 2019 12:55 AM
Jan 2017
What a lovely fan base we have here
May 31, 2019 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, she used Uraraka's Quirk.
Jul 13, 2019 2:09 AM

May 2016
This must've been one of the heaviest chapters yet which is pretty ironic since she turned into Ochako and made everyone weightless for a short while after all. Having a Quirk that has anything to do with other people's blood can pretty much ruin any person's chances of living a life that doesn't end up with them becoming the villain and that's unfortunate. She didn't choose to have such a grotesque Quirk but she loved using it anyway since she accepted it to the point of normalcy already.

She had her insides blown up and her face smashed in yet she still decided to go on, transforming into Ochako so she can at least go out as someone that had something she could never had but she unexpectedly used her Quirk by complete accident. Curious wanted to use her story to have her organization rise in popularity and she got just that but it looks like their ratings have dropped down permanently not long after.

Jul 13, 2020 1:55 PM
Jun 2014
removed-user said:
Wow, how far this magna has fallen. She just used it and with a lame excuse as well "I didn't know how to use ochako's power oh no!!", no way the author would try to show that she was interested in in learning someone's ability and use this part of the quirk? Even if it was "hinted" before, this is an awful buildup just used as a convenient meant of plot armour in the exact time.

> completely beat up
> practically captured
>still manged to beat everyone

I know this is a shounen to hype people up but lol, this is hilarious.

Kuma said:
come on, i was very moved in the early chapter, until she got the power up.

the art still extremely nice tho. also confirmed that liberation army also another stepping stone for villain league like yakuza, considering how easy curious is defeated. well, can't be helped, it was expected.

Thankfully you are right, good thing that only the fanbase doesn't post here and there are some good posts who analyze it properly.

The excuses are hilarious "she wasn't aware of it", lmao. Just in the right time she realized it eh?

In first place, we already knew that quirks could evolve and disapear without the usage, it's not nothing abnormal.
Secondly, we already had hints that the power grows stronger when someone has their lives in danger.
I don't get why u think this is obnoxious. Lida changed his gears two, it's not the same method but it's the same way of thinking.
It's only normal for a copy quirk to copy the quirks too. She drinks the blood of someone and that blood has DNA.... I think it makes perfect sense that she can use the quirk too.
Aug 18, 2020 9:12 PM

Sep 2018
Baby Toga is cute lol
Mar 27, 2022 5:13 AM

Feb 2021
Holy shit what a chapter. Toga is way too roughed up.

She can even copy quirks to some extent now. I bet she'll be like Monoma. She can't copy storing-and-releasing type quirks.

Loving this arc. Honestly we needed to see more of LoV

Aug 21, 2022 9:05 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Toga is so cool.

This thread is hilarious.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Yesterday

2 by TengenFr »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.