Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 28, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2014
@HopefulNihilist i won't deny animation is important in anime, specially because it needs to be, like the name says, animated, and there'salready good shows made ten thousand times better thank to its aesthtics, like Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Gankutsuou. I'm not saying he shouldn't praise Kabaneri's aesthtics. I'm saying he should use more arguments besides that and "You need to turn your brain off to enjoy it", which to be honest sounds like someone would say to defend something Digibro probably criticed in the past, like SAO.

Like Lindsay Ellis said: "I don't want to turn my brain off, I'm using it"

And all of that is said by someone who liked Kabaneri, despite i agree with some of the most common complains, like Biba being a lackluster villain.

About the don't give a 0 fucks attitude, i acknowledge it can be seen as cool, but it's important to know in what you need to have that attitude. I'm gonna bash/praise these anime even if it's gonna be an unpopular opinion? Good. I'm gonna act like someone who lacks any manners at my videos and like a guy who's disgusting to be around? No bueno.
Apr 28, 2019 7:48 AM
May 2017
BlancaXLobo said:
@HopefulNihilist i won't deny animation is important in anime, specially because it needs to be, like the name says, animated, and there'salready good shows made ten thousand times better thank to its aesthtics, like Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Gankutsuou. I'm not saying he shouldn't praise Kabaneri's aesthtics. I'm saying he should use more arguments besides that and "You need to turn your brain off to enjoy it", which to be honest sounds like someone would say to defend something Digibro probably criticed in the past, like SAO.

And all of that is said by someone who liked Kabaneri, despite i agree with some of the most common complains, like Biba being a lackluster villain.

About the don't give a 0 fucks attitude, i acknowledge it can be seen as cool, but it's important to know in what you need to have that attitude. I'm gonna bash/praise these anime even if it's gonna be an unpopular opinion? Good. I'm gonna act like someone who lacks any manners at my videos and like a guy who's disgusting to be around? No bueno.

IIRC, Digi has made a video where he tears down the "turn your brain off" argument, which makes him praising Kabaneri for being a fun "turn your brain off anime" hypocritical
Apr 28, 2019 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
@BlancaXLobo

@MABfan11

I don't remember Digi ever saying that Kabaneri is meant to be enjoyed in a way where you're supposed to, "turn off your brain".

Apr 28, 2019 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
MABfan11 said:
BlancaXLobo said:

IIRC, Digi has made a video where he tears down the "turn your brain off" argument, which makes him praising Kabaneri for being a fun "turn your brain off anime" hypocritical
Lmao exactly, was waiting for someone to point this out.
Not the anime, but the "turn your brain off" part.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 28, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2014
@Cabron Digibro is accused of hippocrisy all the time, so it was about time.

@HopefulNihilist he just made an entire video about. When in your video you are saying all the way through "This show is dumb, don't search for any deeper meaning beyond that to enjoy it", yeah, it's a more elaborate way to put it.

Again, Digibro should probably have searched for better arguments to use in his video. And the fact that it seems he didn't even bother to try reafirms the idea that "Ths show is dumb, don't bother unless you made yourself dumber to enjoy it,
Apr 28, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2018
Meh don't watch his analysis or whatever he calls them videos anymore after his Sao one where he fails to realise that kirto didn't rematerialize and that the sequence before hand was the exact same one that was used earlier in the series of kitros HP going down with the dead message then pixel burst with the boar/pig It was all in his head .

You can clearly tell it never happened he has the sword still Stuck in him after being stabbed and still had his own sword in his hand . Clearly didn't do much anyalysing .

After that dont bother watching his videos apart from one and that was about boogiepop LN and anime changes

Plus I can't take him seriously with that stupid beard and glasses .
Jun 14, 2019 7:38 AM

Dec 2018
despite his kind of nasal voice, he's probably the least annoying anituber out there in terms of personality and presentation. guys like Gigguk and Geoff just make me kind of cringe, even if I agree with what they're saying.
Jun 14, 2019 8:06 AM

Jun 2016
Hasn't this topic already been covered a couple months ago?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2019 8:34 AM
May 2017
AndoCommando said:
Hasn't this topic already been covered a couple months ago?

nope, someone just necroed the same thread
Jun 14, 2019 8:48 AM

Sep 2014
I'd say he's extremely inconsistent when it comes to quality of his content. That's why my initial expression was very negative and I even expressed my dislike in here before, but since then I have given him another chance and I believe he's okay. In fact, probably the best least bad anime youtuber I have watched.

I think he's capable of creating good content, he's knowledgeable about the medium and his analysis videos can be damn good. I also respect him for recognizing Kill la Kill's visuals and animation for what they are, and not thinking that they're bad because in few scenes the characters aren't animated or it's done in a simplistic way and that it must be due to low budget or some other bullshit like that. It's visually stunning and he knows that, I like it.
His presentation and persona are pretty good (I can't help but cringe seeing guys like thatanimeguy or whatever he was called) and sometimes his rants are nice to listen to.

But on the other hand he can be very hypocritical at times as mentioned above, and he will sometimes trash shows he doesn't like without going into any explanation (or just dismiss them with buzz like 'ergo proxy is pretentious') and sometimes I feel it's done just to be edgy.

But most of all, a lot of his videos are extremely lazy and uninteresting, and it seems his channel is almost only that past few months, some stupid twitter reading, tier lists and other garbage like that.

His good videos are good, but his bad videos are super trash.

Jun 14, 2019 8:52 AM
Sep 2017
Nurguburu said:
Digibro and Mother's Basement are trash!
Agreed!!!!! Do you like Gigguk by any chance???
Jun 14, 2019 8:59 AM

Jan 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
There have been threads asking people their opinions on Digibro, as well as why they hate him. I've seen people criticize Digibro's personality, but rarely his actual content.
So out of curiosity, what are your opinions on Digibro, not as a person but as a content creator?
In my opinion, Digibro is, from all the anitubers I've seen, is the best: he always makes sure to cover and interesting topic, and he does so in extreme depth. Even videos where he simply explains how he personally felt about an anime, he does so in enough detail so that I understand his reasoning perfectly.

He thinks he's some analytical god which he isn't. He tries but is not very good. He's fine though.
you're cool
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

14 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

43 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 15 minutes ago

0 by Sanjay63773 »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

105 by Piromysl »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.