Forum Settings
Forums

Additional Cast for 'Granbelm' TV Anime Announced

New
Apr 24, 2019 7:47 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Granbelm original anime series revealed additional cast members on Wednesday. The first 10 minutes of the show's first episode was also posted by animation production label DMM pictures. The television anime will premiere on July 5 on MBS, TBS, and BS-TBS channels' Animeism programming block.

Suishou Hakamada: Aoi Yuuki (Youjo Senki)

Rosa: Chinatsu Akasaki (Ballroom e Youkoso)

Kibou Kohinata: Hikaru Akao (Comic Girls)

The first two episodes will be pre-screened at the United Cinemas Toyosu theater in Tokyo on June 22, where cast members Miyuri Shimabukuro, Atsumi Tanezaki, and Yurika Kubo will appear for a talk show.

Masaharu Watanabe (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) is directing the anime at Nexus, with Jukki Hanada (No Game No Life) in charge of series composition. Kei Imanaka is designing the characters based on Shinichirou Ootsuka's (Conception) original draft, while Jimmy Stone (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) is designing the Armanox mecha. Kenichiro Suehiro (Goblin Slayer) is composing the music.

Source: animate Times
Sakana-sanDec 1, 2019 8:50 AM

Apr 24, 2019 8:41 AM
May 2016
looks like it'll be good, but the mechs feel overdesigned, which will likely lead to the use of CG later on after the first few episodes. I never got that. they make the mechs look complicated and animate them in 2D for the first couple episodes, but since animating them is hard, they later switch to CGI. I don't like this business practice, not that they're doing this here. It seems like they're using limited animation techniques to avoid having to animate the entire mech, such as only animating a single part of the mech or turning the mechs into streams. These techniques can keep the mechs in 2D, but my guard is up. I don't have a problem with CG mechs, but when the sudden switch is made it can be jarring. My other problem with the mech overdesign is just that each mech feels EXTREMELY cluttered.
Apr 24, 2019 9:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, this looks pretty darn good! Production values, as a whole, are in fact quite good and the Mech Designs a treat so definitely a plus for me. Great to see Aoi Yuuki too!

Looking forward to seeing this in the Summer!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 2019 1:05 PM

Jun 2012
3rd role as pink haired girl for Hikaru Akao :)
Apr 26, 2019 5:32 AM

Mar 2014
Interesting. Will give this a try.
May 18, 2019 5:37 AM

Nov 2007
OP: "Tsuki wo Ou Mayonaka (月を追う真夜中)" by Eir Aoi
One additional cast
OP PV
https://moca-news.net/article/20190518/2019051821170a_/01/

15 sec. CM
3 more casts
https://moca-news.net/article/20190524/2019052420000a_/01/
tsubasaloverMay 24, 2019 4:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2019 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
That's one hell of good magical mecha anime so far. The mecha design is pretty spiffy for starters.

May 18, 2019 10:02 AM
Jun 2015
I love Yuuki Aoi and sounds cute when she voiced as Suishou Hakamada! I'm so excited!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.