Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2019 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that escalated quickly. I mean, when you have a giant T-rex monster after your ass, I don't blame Naofumi and his crew to run. Then again, they decided to fight back together as a party.

Giant Bird Firo vs T-Rex lol

Fitoria (Queen of Filolial) showed up!

Stark700Apr 24, 2019 6:24 AM
Apr 24, 2019 6:19 AM

Aug 2017
Yep, I like the episode. I need more.

Fitoria is too OP lmao.

Now, we know that there is more waves outside of the Kingdom. Also, Ren and Itsuki are about to learn the secrets of the church of Melonmark.

What is going on with that cliffhanger? Is she going to kill them?

NurguburuApr 26, 2019 8:37 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 24, 2019 6:45 AM
Nov 2018
I hope people realised keel's gender by now, one hint is observe what type of slaves that fatass bought in the flashback.
Apr 24, 2019 6:47 AM

Nov 2018
The battle between big bird (filoria queen) v.s. barney the dinosaur (t-rex) was a very quick at if I estimated that was only less than 2min. Only 3 skill from filoria queen just to knock out the t-rex.... 😱😱😱 that was a easy battle.. But since naofumi got the material for t-rex, I think that I sense the blood sacrifice skill will come up soon...😎😎😎

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersiaJuliet23&sclick=1][/url]
PersiaJuliet23Apr 24, 2019 6:51 AM
Apr 24, 2019 8:00 AM

Aug 2008
Dhyan_manu said:
I hope people realised keel's gender by now, one hint is observe what type of slaves that fatass bought in the flashback.

The spider is watching
Apr 24, 2019 8:01 AM
Mar 2018
Was it just me, or was the animation from the battles in this episode actually pretty good? I mean, apart from the acceptable CGI, I feel like this is one of the better animated episodes in terms of battle animation. I don’t know, just my opinion.

Also, that battle with the Rex was pretty damn fast, but then again, Fitoria is stupidly powerful to begin with.

I can pretty much say that as a source material reader, this episode trumps the last one. I was pretty darn pissed that they changed the scene with Idol and made it cliched as hell. This episode on the other hand, was adapted much better (atleast to me)
Apr 24, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
KFC farm LOL

The Filolial Queen is so pretty ahhhh
Apr 24, 2019 8:14 AM

Dec 2018
Damn the fight between Fitoria and the dragon was really horrible, really aweful animation
Apr 24, 2019 8:19 AM
Jan 2016
Well I really enjoyed how big bird sort of talked down to Naofumi but other than that most of the episode has been a waste
Apr 24, 2019 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Looking forward to the next one.

Apr 24, 2019 8:24 AM

Sep 2018
Finally we got Fitoria in the anime she looks cool and the VA is great :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 24, 2019 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
I can’t help but think about Chocobos during this episode 😂
The T. Rex was defeated way fast. 😮
Apr 24, 2019 8:27 AM

Sep 2018
Tentaman said:
Was it just me, or was the animation from the battles in this episode actually pretty good? I mean, apart from the acceptable CGI, I feel like this is one of the better animated episodes in terms of battle animation. I don’t know, just my opinion.

Also, that battle with the Rex was pretty damn fast, but then again, Fitoria is stupidly powerful to begin with.

I can pretty much say that as a source material reader, this episode trumps the last one. I was pretty darn pissed that they changed the scene with Idol and made it cliched as hell. This episode on the other hand, was adapted much better (atleast to me)

I've yet to see the entire episode, but I did watch the minute preview and I have to agree. The battle animation seems to transition more smoothly when the party attacked the t-rex sequentially.
Apr 24, 2019 8:28 AM

Nov 2016
The action was ok, but more importantly, Fitoria's entrance was quite the surprise.

Really interested to see how the story will proceed, especially after her threat.

And the air is getting thin for Malty.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2019 8:29 AM
Dec 2018
I really liked this episode my only complain was how quick the battle was the animations were great. Fitoria was really cool looking in anime, dint had that cutsy loli face like in manga and LN. I only saw the raw version so far later got check the subs to see if she mention all thouse importain details that she suppose to tell naofumi.
Apr 24, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2011
I am watching this show almost as disconnected as I watched Index III for the previous 2 seasons. I really don't care about any of these characters because the writing is just that bad. Also what a magnificent CGI spectacle we have witnessed this episode.
The ridiculously high score this show has is downright outrageous and insulting to other anime.
Apr 24, 2019 8:43 AM
Jan 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
I am watching this show almost as disconnected as I watched Index III for the previous 2 seasons. I really don't care about any of these characters because the writing is just that bad. Also what a magnificent CGI spectacle we have witnessed this episode.
The ridiculously high score this show has is downright outrageous and insulting to other anime.

As much as I can agree with you, one gotta move on since this anime has pooled in the interests of kids or teens(not a insult I literally mean it) when I was a kid I liked show like this too got so much emotionally attached that I overlooked the flaws what coincidence that they were Harem too and Edgy ;).

This type of anime come in the category of if worded for ex. "commoner popular product" like the era of 2008 when the costly products were the best but not the most popular for masses.
I have personally given it 1/10 since I am hardcore WN fan whose read it completely in 2015-16 and I hate LN/Manga for its downgrade

Edit: By kids I mean 12 to 16 year olds
Apr 24, 2019 8:46 AM
Mar 2019
damn that big ass birb.
"KFC farm"

The horrible CGI monster wasn't that horrible , not that bad of an episode , not gonna lie. Looking forward to next ones!
Apr 24, 2019 8:47 AM

Feb 2011
Destined_One said:
Hatsuyuki said:

As much as I can agree with you, one gotta move on since this anime has pooled in the interests of kids or teens(not a insult I literally mean it) when I was a kid I liked show like this too got so much emotionally attached that I overlooked the flaws what coincidence that they were Harem too and Edgy ;).

This type of anime come in the category of if worded for ex. "commoner popular product" like the era of 2008 when the costly products were the best but not the most popular for masses.
I have personally given it 1/10 since I am hardcore WN fan whose read it completely in 2015-16 and I hate LN/Manga for its downgrade

Edit: By kids I mean 12 to 16 year olds

I agree, and the way Crunchyroll keeps advertising every episode (even tho they have all been quite underwhelming ever since the duel arc where the drama peaked) just because they are in the prod committee is so obnoxious and makes it obvious that the show is indeed aimed towards the casual audience. I guess this show will keep the My Hero Academia fans busy until it comes back this fall.
Apr 24, 2019 8:57 AM
Mar 2015
The dinosaur did not last long against the queen. Hope the queen does not kill any heroes
Apr 24, 2019 8:59 AM
Jan 2016
Hatsuyuki said:

I agree, and the way Crunchyroll keeps advertising every episode (even tho they have all been quite underwhelming ever since the duel arc where the drama peaked) just because they are in the prod committee is so obnoxious and makes it obvious that the show is indeed aimed towards the casual audience. I guess this show will keep the My Hero Academia fans busy until it comes back this fall.

Well I for one actually loved shield hero but just the web novel(something unofficial like story written online) which was really good for its time when isekai was fleeting thing plus it didn't had Harem in it at all nor romance just good ol naofumi he was supposed to be like Hachiman and Lelouch you know and look how they massacred my boy....

As for MHA I love it too but for some few characters in it like Bakugo, Mirio , Endeavor who have the tough as diamond, underdog and unrecognised heroic deeds archtypes. Remove these characters I got no intrest in it.
Apr 24, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2014
Fitoria wa UMU ja. Too OP to take on. The queen's on a whole new level.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 24, 2019 9:02 AM

Feb 2018
Ah fuck another cliffhanger episode, i need more
Apr 24, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2016
Nice episode, loved Fitoria!
Apr 24, 2019 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
the queen is cute and op but i knew she was gonna say that in the end that if they dont work together that she will have to kill them

but it makes sense since they are suppose to work together and if one group dont work kill them and hope for the bets with the next group of heroes

but even so it just bs with everyone else being so dumb and cant even think for themselves besides the shield hero

anyway good ep looking forward to the next ep
"one step at a time"
Apr 24, 2019 9:05 AM

Jan 2019
not a fan of the CGI
giant bird vs t-rex what am i even watching anymore

it was okay i guess
Apr 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
So the 4 heroes are supposed to be help defeat the waves all across the world, huh? Then why does the show keep emphasising on working together if they’ll be in different countries? The heroes couldn’t even defeat one boss together because their attacks are garbage.

Not to mention, why hasn’t the Queen or any other countries leaders from these kingdoms contacted the heroes to ask for help? These leaders must be incompetent morons like everyone else in the world.

The Queen is terrible at ruling because she could have relayed the message to Shield Hero through the ninjas she sent.
FlexstyleApr 24, 2019 9:44 AM
Apr 24, 2019 9:12 AM

Mar 2017
I really like the Fitoria even after what she said at the end.

I see danger on the horizon for Ren and Itsuki... i'm glad they're starting to believe Naofumi now though!
Apr 24, 2019 9:21 AM

Jun 2016
i hope anime figurine from fitoria chan come quickly !!!

beautiful character desain i would spend 250$ just for her figurine if it exist ... plz god
Apr 24, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2018
That was one bada**, majestic giant chicken.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Apr 24, 2019 9:29 AM
Nov 2018
Literally the only reason why i didnt drop this show ages ago i have realised is the cliff hangers. This show has a major pacing issues- fights are slow, always look ass and finish quickly. The rest of the show has all the ingredients of a boring slice of life. I wish i different studio animated the show, or they cared more about the quality of the show
Apr 24, 2019 9:29 AM
Jun 2009
Naofumi(ep16) said:
Hell, I only found out recently that other countries had their own hourglasses.

Naofumi(ep1) said:
Each country here has an ancient dragon hourglass which can predict the arrival of the Waves.

Naofumi has some kind of amnesia or he is plain stupid?
Apr 24, 2019 9:36 AM
Dec 2018
OG_Guts said:
So the 4 heroes are supposed to be help defeat the waves all across the world, huh? Then why hasn’t the Queen or any other Kings from these kingdoms contacted the heroes to ask for help? These kings must to be incompetent morons like everyone else in the world then.

The Queen is terrible at ruling because she could have relayed this message to Shield Hero through the ninjas she sent.
maybe is why the queen is away she metting with other rulers and can kinda guess that each hero was supposed to be summon in different countrys not just 1
Apr 24, 2019 9:36 AM
Aug 2018
Fuck KFC Queen, knew she was a bitch as soon as she appeared
Apr 24, 2019 9:39 AM
Dec 2018
Hato said:
Naofumi(ep16) said:
Hell, I only found out recently that other countries had their own hourglasses.

Naofumi(ep1) said:
Each country here has an ancient dragon hourglass which can predict the arrival of the Waves.

Naofumi has some kind of amnesia or he is plain stupid?
he doesnt have great memory that why in LN he keeps calling people like blacksmith guy, Slave trader, nice guy, that bitch, trash king . He cant even remeber people names except for his party
Apr 24, 2019 9:43 AM

Dec 2016
Expected schlock, wasn't disappointed.

Not only did we got plenty of melodrama and cringy, banal dialogue - complimented by a goofy action sequence - we are treated to dozens of CGI chickens, concluding with a deus ex machina character who says cliche shounen dialog and doubles as fresh loli waifu bait for good measure.

As a side note, I don't know why everyone is talking about the CGI and ignoring the laughably bad soundtrack and sound design. Their production value - or lack of it - made everything in the episode twice as ridiculous as it was to begin with.

Of course the real substance of the episode is the new supposed "conflict" in the narrative. Since the contrivance of everyone being a dick to the Emo Shielder has run its course several times over, the new challenge is that they all need to hug and make up. Or else they will all be murdered by a giant loli chicken. Uh, what?

All of this is delivered in a riveting exposition dump that could have happened a dozen episodes ago, obviating the need for this new, useless melodrama. But instead, it was delayed untill this point so that the plot can have yet more manufactured tension. Nevermind that this entire plot point came out of left field and makes no sense at all.

Much in the same way that the whole "DeViL oF tHe ShIeLd" thing was conveniently left out of the story until a couple episodes ago - robbing the antagonists of any reasonable motivation - this new revelation that the heroes are supposed to be fighting waves worldwide was went conveniently without mention as well. Purely because the author is too inept to actually craft real tension and drama into their story. So they resort to nonsensical omissions of information to create fake challenges that only exist because the writing is terrible.

We also see that Ren and Itsuki are about to learn the dArK sEcReTs of the church of Melonmark. Since, again, their usefulness as characters that mindlessly oppose Naofumi has run out, they now need to be transitioned to their new role of validating the self-insert MC, who is totally not like other self-insert isekai protagonists who are validated and shown to have the moral high ground all along.

This series went from barely average to bad last episode, and this did nothing to improve matters. Despite all the claims of the fanboys and LN readers, the quality of the writing has done nothing but circle the drain faster the further the story has progressed.
Apr 24, 2019 10:07 AM
Dec 2018
Please don't F me but i fall for that Keel Trap lol.

Even though i read the manga i still thought he is a boy, is jealous on Naofumi and has a crush on Raphtalia. Traps huh...
Apr 24, 2019 10:10 AM
Sep 2017
i dont see the point of the Queen of Filolial her thoughts , if she really decides to kill the heroes whos gonna fight the other waves ?
Apr 24, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2014
SSL443 said:

This series went from barely average to bad last episode, and this did nothing to improve matters. Despite all the claims of the fanboys and LN readers, the quality of the writing has done nothing but circle the drain faster the further the story has progressed.

Dude, are you okay? You've got more than just a chip on your shoulder at this point. You seem to really really despise this show but you're always one of the first posters on every episode discussion thread typing paragraphs upon paragraphs of scathing critique for this shitty adaptation of an isekai to let everyone know just how much this show deserves to be hated. The fanboys/LNfags praising everything unconditionally is a problem but you're doing the exact same thing only on the opposite side.

Apr 24, 2019 10:15 AM
Dec 2018
Patpadi said:
i dont see the point of the Queen of Filolial her thoughts , if she really decides to kill the heroes whos gonna fight the other waves ?
if all heroes dies they can summon new ones (ep1)
Apr 24, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
As useful as it is to learn more and more of the lore, the more we learn the less any of the premise here makes sense. If each hero is supposed to protect a different country, for instance, how and why has Melromarc got a monopoly on them, especially if the Church are so hellbent on demonising Naofumi? Also, they're warped to the location of the Waves whenever they occur in Melromarc, so why isn't that happening for the other countries? And, now that we know all of this, it's worth asking again what the hell the King and Malty are playing at here and what else they're hiding (obviously, this archive Ren and Itsuki have found figures in there somehow).

Also, all the generic Filolials looked disturbingly phallic this episode; it was very distracting as they circled the T-Rex.
Apr 24, 2019 10:30 AM
Dec 2018
Atavistic said:
As useful as it is to learn more and more of the lore, the more we learn the less any of the premise here makes sense. If each hero is supposed to protect a different country, for instance, how and why has Melromarc got a monopoly on them, especially if the Church are so hellbent on demonising Naofumi? Also, they're warped to the location of the Waves whenever they occur in Melromarc, so why isn't that happening for the other countries? And, now that we know all of this, it's worth asking again what the hell the King and Malty are playing at here and what else they're hiding (obviously, this archive Ren and Itsuki have found figures in there somehow).

Also, all the generic Filolials looked disturbingly phallic this episode; it was very distracting as they circled the T-Rex.
king with church only wanted to summon bow, Spear and sword they dint plan that the shield came too. Has for why they havent ben warp to other countrys during the waves is bc the heroes only link they weapon with melromarc hourgalss.
Apr 24, 2019 10:30 AM
Jan 2016
Atavistic said:

Used Mal since years but still don't know why I can't use spoiler tags but it's because

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 28, 2019 2:55 AM
Apr 24, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 2018
I enjoy Shield Hero, but not the last episode or this one. Way too drawn-out backstory for Raphtalia, side-tracking the story. And once they had defeated the castle and its lord, with all the drama - hey, let's throw in another monster.

Now, if that monster had been the result of the lord allying with the Wave forces and letting one of them through, that would at least tie the fight to the main story. But this was side-tracking the side-tracking.

And how on Earth didn't they notice that the lord was alive? You don't go check up on your enemy? He didn't scream out in pain after falling that far?

And how is it possible the heroes haven't heard from ANYONE that the Waves appear in other nations as well? They have been in this world for months now, and of all the people they have met in this and other countries, no one mentioned that?

Also, it's two night episodes in a row now. Let's see some sunlight.
Apr 24, 2019 10:35 AM

May 2015
Does anyone know who is the seiyuu of Fitoria? It sounded like the "umu", I mean, Sakura Tange-san to me. Are my ears deceiving me?
Dec 2018
Hegar said:

And how is it possible the heroes haven't heard from ANYONE that the Waves appear in other nations as well? They have been in this world for months now, and of all the people they have met in this and other countries, no one mentioned that?

Also, it's two night episodes in a row now. Let's see some sunlight.
i think is becouse the church and the king are hoging bow, sword and spear heroes they only care for they country saftly and military might is like they the only country with 3 nukes and they dont wanna share
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Patpadi said:

Yeah, I don't get it either, its kind of random. The heroes are fighting the waves, just separately.Also, didn't she say they fought in different countries? Why not have Shield-kun fighting in another country and problem solved.

Having said that, he wasn't very good at explaining his problem to her. He should cut a deal with her."Get rid of the red haired bitch from hell for me and I will become bosom buddies with the other heroes" Problem solved.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 2016
SuccHunter said:
Dude, are you okay? You've got more than just a chip on your shoulder at this point. You seem to really really despise this show but you're always one of the first posters on every episode discussion thread typing paragraphs upon paragraphs of scathing critique for this shitty adaptation of an isekai to let everyone know just how much this show deserves to be hated. The fanboys/LNfags praising everything unconditionally is a problem but you're doing the exact same thing only on the opposite side.

I don't despise the show. I don't even have a huge problem with people liking it. I do however have a concern with people lying about the show being good. Hence, why I keep coming back to document all the flaws.

The real head scratcher is why anyone gives a shit what I do; are YOU okay?
Apr 24, 2019 10:36 AM
Dec 2018
ichiberry15 said:
Does anyone know who is the seiyuu of Fitoria? It sounded like the "umu", I mean, Sakura Tange-san to me. Are my ears deceiving me?
i think your right
Apr 24, 2019 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
A major step up from the last episodes. Good action, a new character, and worldbuilding. I was thinking to drop the show tbh, so, yeah, I'm happy with this episode.

@atavistic the king got greedy and decided to summon all the 4 heroes. I think in the first episode they mentioned something like "it was really necessary to summon the shield hero?" About the warp question, I think they kind of marked the dragon glass as their main "checkpoint" and that's why it only works for Melromarc's waves for now
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.